PDA

View Full Version : Custom View Assignments

StormILM
August 18th, 2020, 14:31
Question for any of the Beta Testers (who also may be Devs), is there any way to assign the views to the stick hats ? Also, I am guessing there is no traditional pan view (up/down/left/right)? Seems like I read somewhere that where was a way to select traditional cameras?

azflyboy
August 18th, 2020, 14:48
Under "controls" for whatever device you're using go to "cockpit camera", look for "cockpit view look (up, down, left etc...)", and assign it from there. You can do the same thing for the external view (under "external camera" and "external view look"), and they'll work fine despite the fact that the program will complain the command is already assigned to the other camera.

StormILM
August 18th, 2020, 15:55
Under "controls" for whatever device you're using go to "cockpit camera", look for "cockpit view look (up, down, left etc...)", and assign it from there. You can do the same thing for the external view (under "external camera" and "external view look"), and they'll work fine despite the fact that the program will complain the command is already assigned to the other camera.

Thanks for that! I figured out why I wasn't seeing those options as the view of that part of the menu was collapsed. Now it's good to go and I FINALLY enjoyed a short flight! Oh my goodness, this is just a lot of fun!

azflyboy
August 18th, 2020, 16:47
Glad you got it working.

I'm pretty unimpressed by the total lack of documentation for anything so far, which seems to include basically everything for the airplanes, so we're several steps backwards from the kneeboard function that was in FSX and FS2004.

That said, there's a ton of potential here compared to the engine that was running P3d and FSX, so it's pretty impressive overall, even with the rough edges

StormILM
August 18th, 2020, 16:56
Glad you got it working.

I'm pretty unimpressed by the total lack of documentation for anything so far, which seems to include basically everything for the airplanes, so we're several steps backwards from the kneeboard function that was in FSX and FS2004.

That said, there's a ton of potential here compared to the engine that was running P3d and FSX, so it's pretty impressive overall, even with the rough edges

I totally agree, normally I am not so lost in trying to figure this stuff out but with the NDA's and lack of getting the needed function nomenclature out there, here I am having asked for help literally like a deer in the headlights. Still, even with some bugs, this sim is certainly very good and has great potential on so many levels. I couldn't be happier with it.

Navy Chief
August 18th, 2020, 19:03

Many thanks for those tips. I was having trouble figuring that out! NC