PDA

View Full Version : My RS controller will not work.

jmig
August 18th, 2020, 12:38
My joystick, a Real Simulations side-stick, will not work. It shows up but MSFS doesn't recognize any axis or buttons. I have been unable to figure out how to assign the functions, if that is possible?

So, my flying is a movie. I watch the AI fly 100 feet over the tops of mountains and it isn't smart enough to shoot the approach and land. It crashes every time. :dizzy:

I don't know of a way to get multiple screens to work, either.

Does anyone know how to get rid of the stupid splash screen when the program loads?

Lastly, I can't find any documentation on how to do any of the above. I guess they didn't have time to write the manual.

Navy Chief
August 18th, 2020, 14:35
I have a similar problem, although I have a different setup. I was using a Saitek X52 Throttle, but a LogitechG940 for the Joystick, plus Saitek Rudders. Well, the sim recognized my Throttle and Rudder pedals ok, but not the Logitech G940. Ok, no problem. I connected my Saitek X52 Joystick. But now I have no earthly idea how to assign functions. I thought the sim would at least assign basic elevator, aileron controls, but nope. I am at a standstill now. NC

jmig
August 19th, 2020, 04:59
Chief, You might want to try out the new FSUIPC7 beat. It is free until the end of Oct. I got my joystick to work using it. I am still experimenting with it. Just remember, it is now an exe file. So, you have to run it before loading MSFS.

https://forum.simflight.com/topic/90193-fsuipc7-beta-for-msfs/