PDA

View Full Version : Download

jim
August 18th, 2020, 08:32
How does one know when he can download MSFS. Does he get a e-mail from Microsoft. Waiting here in Massachusetts.

dvj
August 18th, 2020, 08:38
How does one know when he can download MSFS. Does he get a e-mail from Microsoft. Waiting here in Massachusetts.

Just click on the fs2020 shortcut that was loaded into your pc as part of the preorder process. If it launches, you are in. Prior to the 18th, it gave me a message box that I was too early.

jim
August 18th, 2020, 09:34
I don't have a shortcut. Anybody got a support number for Microsoft Flight Simulator

jim
August 18th, 2020, 09:46
Think I've got it. It "seems" to be downloading & installing now. Pretty weird music too.
Thanks for the help.

Dangerousdave26
August 18th, 2020, 10:28
The download is being pushed out by timezone also. Until your timezone goes active you can't start the download.

I have to wait until I can leave my laptop at a friends house to do the download. I simply put can't download more than 15GB in a single month without getting throttled. once throttled it would take me years to download 130+ GB.

Cees Donker
August 18th, 2020, 10:31
How big is the download anyway?

:dizzy:

Cees

dvj
August 18th, 2020, 10:34
How big is the download anyway?

:dizzy:

Cees

100 gigabytes. YUGE!

Dangerousdave26
August 18th, 2020, 10:35
The core program according to Aerosoft is 90GB. I believe that is without the scenery and aircraft. I saw an article the other day that stated "you will download 137GB but there will be more".

The 90GB in disc form would be hugely helpful for everyone world wide. If you are buying it get the disc from Aerosoft.

I wish (and I am not alone) that I could get them here.

centuryseries
August 18th, 2020, 10:37
The core program according to Aerosoft is 90GB. I believe that is without the scenery and aircraft. I saw an article the other day that stated "you will download 137GB but there will be more".

The 90GB in disc form would be hugely helpful for everyone world wide. If you are buying it get the disc from Aerosoft.

I wish (and I am not alone) that I could get them here.

Indeed, I wish the same - in fact I could've got the disc version had I waited a day before pre-ordering. At the point of pre-ordering I didn't know that was an option!!

jim
August 18th, 2020, 16:48
I have 95.15 Gig (I believe). It went smoothly, all 7-8 hours of it. I got a message saying I don't have the minimum computer requirements to run the program. And that's after I had my computer upgraded to the max. configuration to handle it. I believe that we have a whole new ballgame with this version.