PDA

View Full Version : Facebook...MySpace...

N2056
February 27th, 2009, 16:26
Am I the only one that has absolutely no desire to have anything to do with these sites?

Allen
February 27th, 2009, 16:27
No..

Wulf190
February 27th, 2009, 16:29
Nope...

Curtis P40
February 27th, 2009, 16:45
Ditto...Ditto

MCDesigns
February 27th, 2009, 16:51
Same here Robert, I only signed up for facebook because of the MS petition. Myspace is only for lonely teens and sexual predators, LOL.

Wiens
February 27th, 2009, 16:52
Disclaimer: In a previous life (before January, 2009) I made fun of people on Facebook and MySpace as well as other digital "social networks".

I just started using Facebook at the insistence of my wife. I've found and made contact with many former classmates from high school and college. We've even setup a "private" family area where only our family members can post comments. I've also been able to contect with a large number of my cousins who live in distant states. It's kinda like a quick daily phone call or visit to your family and friends. (Yeah, I know, not everyone likes their relatives!)

Kevin

voyager
February 27th, 2009, 16:53
No interest at all.

Navy Chief
February 27th, 2009, 16:59
I just started using Facebook at the insistence of my wife. I've found and made contact with many former classmates from high school and college.....I've also been able to contect with a large number of my cousins who live in distant states Kevin

Kevin, I have to agree with you completely. I too, until this past January, had nothing to do with Facebook. But thanks to that site, I have made many contacts with distant relatives, high school classmates (1972), and Navy buddies. Yes, Facebook, and other sites like it, have their bad points, but all in all I have had a great time using it.

NC

GT182
February 27th, 2009, 17:18
Nope, nada, not interested in either one.

tigisfat
February 27th, 2009, 18:25
Kinda but not really. I don't make fun of people who do, but have no desire to myself. I tell you though, it's worldwide. Every airshow TDY I go to, when we answer questions at the crowdline, girls want to know if we have facebook.

Craig Taylor
February 27th, 2009, 18:42
Me neither. Zilch, zippo, nada, neist. If I don't understand it, I can do without it. And I ain't no dummy, neither! :friday:

djscoo
February 27th, 2009, 18:46
Nope...

cheezyflier
February 27th, 2009, 18:50
count me among you all. my little sister and my cousin bugged me to death to start a facebook page but i never go there. if i didn't have the password in a document i wouldn't even know what it is

Pepere
February 27th, 2009, 18:52
It's funny you should mention face book I just joined an over 50 singles group there... Thought I'd see what would happen.

David :kilroy:

Craig Taylor
February 27th, 2009, 18:54
I usually keep in touch with my friends via email or phone. Heck, I've been known to still write letters from time to time. <shrugs>

michael davies
February 27th, 2009, 19:37
Myspace is only for lonely teens and sexual predators, LOL.

So which catagory do you place me into then ? LOL.

Granted I think / thought they were a waste of time and space but Myspace is easy to set up and requires little knowledge of Web page work to set a page up to let others know progress of my work.

If I could do html I'd do it but Myspace takes all the strain.

Myspace isnt the issue, its what people put on them that is IMHO.

Best

Michael

Willy
February 27th, 2009, 19:45
They just never seemed to interest me. But I'm not going to talk trash about other folks using 'em either.

OBIO
February 27th, 2009, 22:22
I have absolutely no interest in those social sites and have resisted my Sister-in-law's very persistent urging to join MySpace. I don't have friends in real life, so why would I be at all interested in how many "Friends" I could have on a MySpace page. Sis-in-law pretty much divides her free time between her cell phone (another modern annoyance I have absolutely no use for) and MySpace and a bunch of file sharing thingies....and comes running to me a few times a year to get her system running again....always full of trojans and viruses. Finally got her to "think" about ditching AOL, Norton and a ton of other useless crap she has on her system and let me set it up right for her. Did get her to run CCleaner on her system...took that poor program 2 hours to clean her system!

My wife has a Face Book account...since she has been off work due to her brain surgery, it is a good way for her to keep her co-workers updated on her progress to and stay in touch with them.

OBIO

Kiwikat
February 27th, 2009, 22:31
Nope. It drives me insane seeing everyone at college obsessing over facebook all the time >_<

stiz
February 27th, 2009, 23:51
i dont have one either, however they do have their uses, specialy for keeping in touch with people who, like me cousins, are makeing their way (slowly!) from pub to pub (or so it seems :friday:) around the world. I cant see the point in haveing one just for the sake of talking with someone who you see everyday anyway though.

Nausicaa
February 28th, 2009, 03:46
Facebook is really nice-using it with great fun.