View Full Version : F86 For FSX at flightsimnation

flewpastu
February 27th, 2009, 15:04
http://flightsimnation.net/forum/index.php?topic=439.0

downloaded and flying

Bill

flewpastu
February 27th, 2009, 15:39
I forgot you need to be a member but once you are there are some nice things there. Here's a couple of screen shots with a repaint from the section 8 website.

Bill.

This is with vista 64 fsx SP2 acceleration

Navy Chief
February 27th, 2009, 15:41
Well, I'd like to check this out, but can't get past the #%&@ing image verification process. They are SO annoying. Grrrrrrr....

I give up. I have typed the letters in every possible combination. If you hit refresh, the letters do not change.

No other place to download this, eh?

NC

Roger
February 27th, 2009, 15:45
Looks like Javis model with some FsX fixes?

flewpastu
February 27th, 2009, 16:15
Navychief, check your mail I PM'd you

Bill

Bjoern
February 28th, 2009, 11:11
Looks like Javis model with some FsX fixes?

Same here.

Let's hope they at least gave credit to the Section F8 team in the readme...:kilroy:

VFR Reviews
February 28th, 2009, 11:32
Simviation has it too :)

noddy
February 28th, 2009, 11:41
Looks like it's just the up dated FS9 version, not a true FSX model.

Roger
February 28th, 2009, 12:12
If and when Javis finds the time to create an FsX Native F-86 then we will have the best. In the meanwhile persons unknown insist on putting their names on downloads, sometimes without crediting the authors. To me this is criminal.

Bjoern
February 28th, 2009, 14:19
Frak me! Just took a look at this package, they haven't credited anyone! :a1451:

MCDesigns
February 28th, 2009, 17:16
Frak me! Just took a look at this package, they haven't credited anyone! :a1451:

Which means Javis needs to contact the sites and have the file(s) removed and then find out who upoaded it, go to his house with a baseball bat and...............................:karate:

stansdds
March 1st, 2009, 04:16
SimAviation, even though they have tons of stuff for downloading, has developed a reputation for being a site that permits such stuff. I didn't even bother downloading this file, I figure if Javis or Section8 release a true FSX aircraft, they will announce it. This is just one or several people that pieced together some fixes and zipped it up. I don't see any harm as long as they give full credit to the designer(s) of the original aircraft. But when you stick your own name on it and do not give credit where credit is due is criminal.

Cazzie
March 1st, 2009, 04:34
Which means Javis needs to contact the sites and have the file(s) removed and then find out who upoaded it, go to his house with a baseball bat and...............................:karate:

Nah, we got Vinnie to do stuff like that!

Caz

jojohnson9
March 1st, 2009, 04:48
I originally downloaded from Simviation. Then I downloaded the exact file from Section F8. I must be missing something...Section F8 seems to be okay with this "update". They are promoting it in their forum. So is this really a piracy issue? I'm very concerned as I don't want to use a stolen product.

LCBORDEN
March 1st, 2009, 04:50
Thanks for the information that this is a pirated aircraft, I too will wait for Javis and Section 8 to release their version for FSX. Deleting FSN right now.

Ol' Jarhead :wavey:

FSN
March 1st, 2009, 05:26
Hi Folx, Sonic here from Flight Sim Nation, just wanted to throw a quick apology out there for the confusion and bad judgement on my part for including the entire model in this download. We had originally intented to release the paint only and keep the modified model for ourselves for our little display team we're starting but it somehow became something bigger. Perhaps the excitement of this free sabre got the better of me.

I have contacted Simviation and asked them to pull the file and we're pulling ours offline today and that should be then end of the trail for the FSN Sabre. I have made sure that we made it clear in text and graphics this was not something we developed and that Section F8 was the developer and that we had merely made out our paintjopb and made some changes to the model/flight dynamics and made it flyable for us in a FSX SP2 enviroment.

I hope this clears up any confusion and again have talked with Jan and extended my apolagies to Section F8 and have now complied with their wishes. Cheers.

Sonic
www.flightsimnation.com (http://www.flightsimnation.com)

datter
March 1st, 2009, 06:01
damn, I guess I can put away my pillow case full of doorknobs.

Good on you for apologizing. :)

jojohnson9
March 1st, 2009, 06:07
I originally downloaded from Simviation. Then I downloaded the exact file from Section F8. I must be missing something...Section F8 seems to be okay with this "update". They are promoting it in their forum. So is this really a piracy issue? I'm very concerned as I don't want to use a stolen product.
Boy, do I have my head up where it ain't supposed to be. I don't even know the sites from which I'm downloading airplanes. Now I understand all the controversy over this airplane. Good of Flight Sim Nation for apologizing. I'll pay more attention in the future to the "freeware" I am using.
That said, I can't wait for Section F8's true FSX...I am confident that it will be oustanding.

FSN
March 1st, 2009, 06:13
damn, I guess I can put away my pillow case full of doorknobs.

Good on you for apologizing. :)

Can I still have the pillow full of door knobs? I'm still trying to wake up this morning...

FSN
March 1st, 2009, 06:18
Boy, do I have my head up where it ain't supposed to be. I don't even know the sites from which I'm downloading airplanes. Now I understand all the controversy over this airplane. Good of Flight Sim Nation for apologizing. I'll pay more attention in the future to the "freeware" I am using.
That said, I can't wait for Section F8's true FSX...I am confident that it will be oustanding.

Indeed, Section F8's F86 for FSX will be a thing of beauty. Generally FSN is not a place known as a "download" site rather we offer and point ppl in the direction of some cool stuff we use in our server. Again, this wasn't pirated or no claim was ever made Flight Sim Nation was the developer, we simply made the paint and changes to the CFG to better suit stunt flying. It was a poor decision on my part to release the model without waiting to hear back from Jan and work something out to release to our members.

As someone who works in the game biz I should've known better and released the paint only. Again my sincerest apolagies to the good folx over at Section F8 and to the FS community. cheers.

Sonic

datter
March 1st, 2009, 07:31
Can I still have the pillow full of door knobs? I'm still trying to wake up this morning...

Sorry, I already threw it away though I do have a tube sock full of wood screws you can use. :)

MCDesigns
March 1st, 2009, 16:02
I hope this clears up any confusion and again have talked with Jan and extended my apolagies to Section F8 and have now complied with their wishes. Cheers.

Sonic

Hi Sonic, thanks for the clarification, lots of respect from me for owning up.

Welcome to SOH, hope to see you around more! :ernae:

stansdds
March 2nd, 2009, 02:43
Hi Folx, Sonic here from Flight Sim Nation, just wanted to throw a quick apology out there for the confusion and bad judgement on my part for including the entire model in this download. We had originally intented to release the paint only and keep the modified model for ourselves for our little display team we're starting but it somehow became something bigger. Perhaps the excitement of this free sabre got the better of me.

I have contacted Simviation and asked them to pull the file and we're pulling ours offline today and that should be then end of the trail for the FSN Sabre. I have made sure that we made it clear in text and graphics this was not something we developed and that Section F8 was the developer and that we had merely made out our paintjopb and made some changes to the model/flight dynamics and made it flyable for us in a FSX SP2 enviroment.

Sonic
Good deal and you've done the right thing. :applause:

Javis
March 2nd, 2009, 05:54
Thanks for your concern, everybody !:ernae:

Vance got in contact with me and pulled the file on my request. The repaint remains available of course. All's well that ends well. Case closed.Lets drink to that. :friday:

Rest assured that you can look forward to a native FSX version of the SectionF8 Sabre, only takes a while longer because we cannot leave our FS9 pilot buddies out in the cold re updates and further developments. Promise is promise. Updates and further developments are in full swing, btw. :typing:

Thanks again for your attention,gents.

Cheers,
Jan

Bjoern
March 2nd, 2009, 11:18
Well, from my point of view it would have been totally enough simply crediting everone involved in the readme and dropping Jan an e-mail asking for permission.

But I guess the way everything went is fine too.

Welcome to SOH, Sonic! :ernae:

6297J
March 2nd, 2009, 11:59
Rest assured that you can look forward to a native FSX version of the SectionF8 Sabre

:jump::jump::jump::jump: :isadizzy:

dougal
March 3rd, 2009, 08:52
I see this aircraft is available on Avsim, although it seems quite difficult to actually install to FSX.

Is ok to download this?

Thanks

Bjoern
March 3rd, 2009, 15:29
Is ok to download this?

Yep. Original release.

dougal
March 4th, 2009, 12:25
Even if this isn't an FSX aircraft, it is absolutely OUTSTANDING!!! The graphics are surpurb.

Anyone else still using this in FSX??? If so, can you get the speen brakes to work by pressing '/' cos I can't.

I can make them work from the VC, but when things are happening pretty darn fast, i'd much rather just hit a key.

Thanks

dougal
March 5th, 2009, 09:26
:bump:

Can anyone throw any light on why I can't get '/' to operate the speedbrakes on this?

It does work for other aircraft, so is mapped correctly.

Am I just missing somthing obvious in the manual?

Thanks

Javis
March 5th, 2009, 21:45
Hi Dougal,

You might want to install Service Pack 1 for our Sabre model. That might solve your speedbrake problem. Get it here :

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=sf86efu1.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search\

You could also check our forum, couple of speedbrake topics in the FSX support forum :

http://sectionf8.com/f8forum/

Cheers,
Jan

dougal
March 6th, 2009, 04:42
Hi Dougal,

You might want to install Service Pack 1 for our Sabre model. That might solve your speedbrake problem. Get it here :

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=sf86efu1.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search\ (http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=sf86efu1.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search%5C)

You could also check our forum, couple of speedbrake topics in the FSX support forum :

http://sectionf8.com/f8forum/

Cheers,
Jan

Many thanks Jan.
Didn't even know there was an update.

dougal
March 6th, 2009, 07:14
:woot::woot::woot::woot:

All sorted!

Very VERY many thanks guys for creating this aircraft. It's nothing short of FANTASTIC!!!!

Covered many miles in her already:ernae: