PDA

View Full Version : Cyber Power And My New Computer

Ickie
February 27th, 2009, 13:42
I really hate getting Burnt, What I really can't stand is a saleperson who cannot seem to remember, Third I really, hate is them trying to suck more money from me!
I was a little disappointed with Cyber Power on my new computer,
When I was emailing the sales person about my new system the question came up about the fan controller. I was told it was included. It's in the Picture on the GTX, I have a GTX-Z,
I made up the order and sent it to Hey Moe, Because they made it next to imposable to order it, heck Hey Moe had to jump through hoops to get it ordered. They even changed the advertized price.
I told Mike to tell them to shove it, lol, feeling sorry for me he still ordered it despite the difference in price.

Than it took 18 days to get to me, finally today It arrived, I noticed the fan controller MIA, and emailed them at cyber power, and all I got was a run around, denignal and putting the blame on Hey Moe, lol, For $69 + shipping they would send me one, they call this customer serivce.
This is just too much so I emailed them back:

"You made it next to impossible to buy this computer by your rules regulations bylaws amendments and clauses. You know all I changed was the drives, the temp controller was suppose to be included, look at the picture, I even ask you about it too, I did make the mistake on the keyboard, but not on fan controller. I sent Mr. Moughamian the specs and that's what he ordered.
Just keep the damm, thing.

Remember You Know And I Know & They Know Too!

Ron Larson"

Ickie
February 27th, 2009, 14:00
I just found out they censor their testimonials, thats why they have 5 stars, lol

Ickie
February 27th, 2009, 18:05
After hours of emails and them calling me twice,
"Its A Classic Case Of Bait And Switch"
What you see isn't what you get.
They even sicked the feel good person to call me and offer me a 15 dollar discount.

I also found out their warranty isn't worth the writing on the page.
If you can get a RMA, lol, it will cost you $300, plus shipping both ways.
All you will get is double talk from them!

hey_moe
February 28th, 2009, 00:19
Hey Ron....don't sweat the small stuff.....sent me the part number or what ever you want and I can just order it. It isn't worth letting it get to you. Strike it up as a lesson to be learned. BTW.... the program I am sending to you on Monday will do the same as the monitor...Mike

Ickie
February 28th, 2009, 03:36
Moe, hehehe, its a matter of prince-able, I don't need the part, I just want them to change their practice and buy a damm digital camera and place the correct picture on their website and show buyers what they are really getting.

Daveroo
February 28th, 2009, 06:38
honesty...the new reality??

Wiens
February 28th, 2009, 07:01
???????????????????????

hey_moe
March 1st, 2009, 02:40
Well Friday night I got a phone call from a supervisor asking me what he could do to correct the problem...it was on my answering machine....anything you want me to tell him Ron?
Moe, hehehe, its a matter of prince-able, I don't need the part, I just want them to change their practice and buy a damm digital camera and place the correct picture on their website and show buyers what they are really getting.

Ickie
March 1st, 2009, 02:46
He called me too, after 1 hour I told him he is pissing me off, and I hung up on him, he was the "make you feel good about giving him more money man".
I told him that too, after all the bull slinging they still refused to honor their agreement.
Twice I ask for a RMA, 1 by email and the other by phone, and I did not get one.

hews500d
March 1st, 2009, 04:23
Sorry to hear you're having problems Ickie, I'm afraid it seems that the days of "good customer service" are going away forever and the number of companies really giving $%*& about their customers are getting smaller and smaller. Reading about your experience and other's at a couple of custom pc builder sites that shall remain nameless is the reason I decided to build rather than buy. $300 shipping fees for RMA's and then the "disclaimer" that they may replace your new graphics card that was DOA with a refurbished one (they say it's their choice) is :bs: in my opinion.

Darrell

hey_moe
March 1st, 2009, 05:10
It is pretty bad in this day and time that a company would loose a customer for ten bucks, which is about what it cost to make. Maybe I am looking at this the wrong way but when you have spent a couple thousand dollars with a company you think you can trust them and there is a misunderstanding over such a small about I wonder in the long run who is going to be the looser here. This was one of Dell's biggest down falls. They were number one in the business for a long time and what they did to there customers base caused them to get where they are today. Gateway did the same. Customer support plays a bigger part in the purchase of a product in this day and time than anything else. When I go to a customers house and there has be a problem over something it is better to just give them some money back or refund the complete service call. It doesn't happen like this everyday but every once in a while I have to do this. If you look at the time it takes to go through CS,managers, angry customers...it is better to just handle the problem and do what ever it takes to take care of the customer. Once they feel this has been done and you aren't going to leave them high and dry they will keep coming back. For every customer you loose you loose ten more. On a purchase on the Internet when you loose a customer it comes to a point of loosing unlimited customers. After seeing what CyberPower has done in this case of playing jerk around with Ron they won't see anymore of my money coming there way...Mike

Meshman
March 1st, 2009, 10:15
I bought my system from Cyberpower and since they are local, picked it up. First, I ran into the delays that were prevelant at the time about video card not in stock and they wouldn't substitute the next level card. After way too long, I went and picked up the system. Cyberpower is situated in a small industrial area and looks like nothing like the major player their ads insinuate.

After getting home and unpacking things I noticed four case fans were missing from the side panel. Attempts to contact customer service / tech support were either being cut off while listening to some garbage music or my hanging up after too long of a wait. I emailed the sales rep which garnered a reply to contact tech support and round and round I chased my tail.

Then I went to Resellerratings.com and posted about my inability to complete the order and the difficulties in contacting anyone who cared. About three days later FedEx showed up unannounced with a package that had the four case fans inside. They don't work properly, which leads me to believe Cyberpower purposely omitted them rather than fix the problem. I run the system now with the offending side panel off, no worse for the effects.

So if you feel you have a legitimate gripe, try Resellerratings. They can't edit your complaint. But try to be polite in th comments and detailed for maximum benefit.

hey_moe
March 1st, 2009, 13:04
Ickie...did you check this company out before ordering?

Ickie
March 1st, 2009, 13:11
I did check them out and on the surface they seemed like a real good company to deal with, but I did not check deep enough.:faint:
Thats OK, I will let my keyboard do the talking. They don't understand what they lost.

hey_moe
March 3rd, 2009, 03:01
Ron. did you get a survey letter from them yet. I filled it out and asked to been taking off there mailing list.