PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Funny Song Line

Joe P
February 27th, 2009, 13:38
What's your favorite funny song line? The one that makes you laugh every time you hear it, even though you know it's coming?

Mine would have to be from Frank Zappa's "Cosmic Debris".

"Is that a real poncho, or is that a Sears poncho?"

I can't help but laugh every time I hear that.

cheezyflier
February 27th, 2009, 14:13
mine would be:

so in the end,
swamper and greeny
finally succumb to
the ways of harold.
and in doing so
each gave just a little bit of his soul away...
what a couple of dumbsh1ts. from primus' "harold of the rocks". it's one of those things you have to listen to in context.

Snuffy
February 27th, 2009, 14:29
5rpq6u8hYgk

viking3
February 27th, 2009, 14:42
What's your favorite funny song line? The one that makes you laugh every time you hear it, even though you know it's coming?

Mine would have to be from Frank Zappa's "Cosmic Debris".

"Is that a real poncho, or is that a Sears poncho?"

I can't help but laugh every time I hear that.

Just about anything from Frank would qualify...:applause:

My favorite funny song title is 'Several Species Of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together In A Cave And Grooving With A Pict'.:kilroy:

Regards, Rob:ernae:

P.S. Don't Eat The Yellow Snow:whistle:

Moparmike
February 27th, 2009, 16:29
mine would be:

so in the end,
swamper and greeny
finally succumb to
the ways of harold.
and in doing so
each gave just a little bit of his soul away...
what a couple of dumbsh1ts. from primus' "harold of the rocks". it's one of those things you have to listen to in context.

:d It's been years cheezy...but that's a goodun! I haven't dug out any Primus tunes in years!
It's one heckuva toss up between pretty much anything Zappa or Primus...maybe throw Jerry Reed or Ray Stevens in the works too.

But my all time favorite isn't just a line though...it's the whole song.
Fruitcakes by Jimmy Buffet

Fruitcakes in the kitchen, fruitcakes in the kitchen
Fruitcakes on the street, fruitcakes on the street
Struttin naked through the crosswalk
In the middle of the week
Half-baked cookies in the oven, cookies in the oven
Half-baked people on the bus, people on the bus
Theres a little bit of fruitcake left in everyone of us

paiken
February 27th, 2009, 17:08
Mine is from Robert Fripp's album "Exposure"
"I may not have had enough of me but I've had enough of you"
Great stuff from the guy who gives you the sounds of Vista starting up

N2056
February 27th, 2009, 17:14
During my larval stage there was this guy that had a radio show that was bar none the high point of my week...

Dr. Demento

He played all kinds of great stuff...Frank Zappa was a given, along with Tom Lehrer and a host of others that I am unable to recall at this time. A quick check of the net has found him, but it seems that you have to cough up a few bucks to listen. One of the great ones I recall was "Poisoning Pigeons in the Park" by Tom Lerher...

"...we murder them all, with much laughter & merriment - except for the few we take home to experiment..."

Many years later when I was in the Navy & stationed in Bremerton, WA I listened to the Bob River's radio show in the morning. They would cook up these amazingly well done (and hilarious) parodies of known songs. The cool part is that you can enjoy them for free!

http://www.bobrivers.com/#v881900

You want the "Twisted Tunes". Start with "Bowel Moves", and "Beat Up Old Jetliner"...and go from there. :d

Have Fun!

Brian_Gladden
February 27th, 2009, 17:25
Nuff said...

dzxF-M2erx8

Snuffy
February 27th, 2009, 17:58
One of the great ones I recall was "Poisoning Pigeons in the Park" by Tom Lerher...

"...we murder them all, with much laughter & merriment - except for the few we take home to experiment..."

yhuMLpdnOjY

I use to listen to the Good Doctor myself ... a couple favorites of mine ...

6l1GvDWtccI

7NUtJoDG3sE

Pauke! Pauke!
February 27th, 2009, 18:27
Similar to shaving cream "She has freckles on her but she is nice"

CuVCKG6GpzI

Tom Lehrer: "Fracture my spine and swear that you're mine as we dance to the Masochism Tango"

TytGOeiW0aE

"Dana Andrews said prunes gave him the runes and passing them used lots of skills"

u6aCaW8voCM

Rodney Carrington from The Bob and Tom show

twl4_LokjL0&feature

From "Dementialand" in the 70's The Holy Modal Rounders

Cd0WOD9yw0E

Cazzie
February 28th, 2009, 03:33
Well, in honor of the man being inducted into the Blues Hall of Fame, Mr. Henry St. Clair Fredericks, better known to all as Taj Mahal, I'll offer this line:

"I never drank a drop of whiskey,
But the Blues made me sloppy drunk!"

Caz

Pauke! Pauke!
February 28th, 2009, 06:48
Many years later when I was in the Navy & stationed in Bremerton, WA I listened to the Bob River's radio show in the morning. They would cook up these amazingly well done (and hilarious) parodies of known songs. The cool part is that you can enjoy them for free!

http://www.bobrivers.com/#v881900

You want the "Twisted Tunes". Start with "Bowel Moves", and "Beat Up Old Jetliner"...and go from there. :d

Have Fun!

LMAOROF Great stuff! Best parodies I've heard since National Lampoon and Weird Al! Thanks N2056

GT182
February 28th, 2009, 16:38
Ya gotta go to the Cantina for this one, I can post it here. "Funny Songs Continued"