PDA

View Full Version : Alphasim B-1B Lancer Updated

fsafranek
February 27th, 2009, 13:00
New FSX update for the B-1B Lancer! Alphasim's previous FSX portover version had problems with the cockpit glazing in SP2, this has been resolved in version 1.2. They have also made the bomb bay doors work on 2nd Exit command, the crew figures can also be toggled on/off with water rudder key command.

Ver.1.2 also works in SP1 FSX, you don't need SP2 to get the new changes. Existing owners of the B-1B just need to log in to their Alphasim Shop account area and they can download the new FSX version. Pre-Jan '06 purchasers should send Alphasim an e-mail with either an order No. or the e-mail address used at the time of purchase, or street address. They will then forward a link to the B-1B download area.
:ernae:

tigisfat
February 27th, 2009, 13:28
New FSX update for the B-1B Lancer! Alphasim's previous FSX portover version had problems with the cockpit glazing in SP2, this has been resolved in version 1.2. They have also made the bomb bay doors work on 2nd Exit command, the crew figures can also be toggled on/off with water rudder key command.

Ver.1.2 also works in SP1 FSX, you don't need SP2 to get the new changes. Existing owners of the B-1B just need to log in to their Alphasim Shop account area and they can download the new FSX version. Pre-Jan '06 purchasers should send Alphasim an e-mail with either an order No. or the e-mail address used at the time of purchase, or street address. They will then forward a link to the B-1B download area.

cool!! Was this your work?

Scratch
February 27th, 2009, 14:39
Can we get a screenshot of the updated VC?

d0mokun
February 27th, 2009, 15:45
It's not updated- nothing is updated. It's just been rerigged folder wise to be FSX happy.

Scratch
February 27th, 2009, 17:03
Ok, thanks.

fsafranek
February 27th, 2009, 18:50
cool!! Was this your work?
I was extremely involved in the original version, but no, I just spotted this announcement today.
Bunch of repaints I made after the originals are over here: http://www.mirage4fs.com/Alphasim/index.html#B-1B

Pierre has some repaints at avsim as well.

dharry
March 1st, 2009, 03:24

Thanks for the HU Frank :applause:

xCLAVEx
November 24th, 2009, 10:58
Does anybody know why the B1-Lancers speed hold is all screwed up? I tell it to hold at .38 mach for takeoff, and it goes full afterburner and refuses to turn off unless I manually shut the engines down, where my speed indicator clearly shows me going well beyond mach .38. I've also noticed that once I get to about 60-70% thrust, it floors the throttle to full afterburner again and it locks, leaving me unable to manually lower it. I have to literally hit F1 to make the engines idle.

Is it supposed to be like this? I've heard rumblings from others that the Valkyrie has the exact same problem too.

EDIT: I think I found the problem with the B1, it only seems to work in SP1 of the original game, but if I install SP2 or the expansion Acceleration, the engines screw up again. Is there a fix for this?

noddy
November 24th, 2009, 23:56
Not even on the Alphasim site, Cheers Frank.

jmig
November 25th, 2009, 03:30
Does anybody know why the B1-Lancers speed hold is all screwed up? I tell it to hold at .38 mach for takeoff, and it goes full afterburner and refuses to turn off unless I manually shut the engines down, where my speed indicator clearly shows me going well beyond mach .38. I've also noticed that once I get to about 60-70% thrust, it floors the throttle to full afterburner again and it locks, leaving me unable to manually lower it. I have to literally hit F1 to make the engines idle.

Is it supposed to be like this? I've heard rumblings from others that the Valkyrie has the exact same problem too.

EDIT: I think I found the problem with the B1, it only seems to work in SP1 of the original game, but if I install SP2 or the expansion Acceleration, the engines screw up again. Is there a fix for this?

That is because military pilots don't use wimpy autopilots to takeoff and land the airplanes for them. :icon_lol:

Just Kidding xCLAVEx :) Welcome to SOH.

tigisfat
November 25th, 2009, 07:08
Not even on the Alphasim site, Cheers Frank.

This is a REAL old thread, noddy.

fsafranek
November 25th, 2009, 10:59
Wow, this is an ancient thread. Freaked me out a little when I saw my name as starting it. :icon_lol:

I think the only SP2 change in the update was for the cockpit glass.

noddy
November 25th, 2009, 12:26
thought I was going mad!