PDA

View Full Version : A2A on MSFS!

TuFun
July 24th, 2020, 10:11
The FutureWe still hope to be able to bring some of these military products or their offshoots to public release in the future. However, our current focus is very much on releasing our first product for the 2020 iteration of Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Many of our customers have asked if we plan to “port” our existing Accu-Sim fleet into the new sim. Instead, we’ve spent the past year developing a new version of Accu-Sim to build and test virtual aircraft. Future releases won’t just be ports of existing products, but instead they’ll take full advantage of the features and potential of the new platform to bring an unprecedented level of fidelity and quality.

The Accu-Sim Aerostar is also different in that it’s being designed largely for the purpose of training. A2A owner and developer Scott Gentile owns and operates Aerostar N122PC and wants his airplane “Accu-Simmed” for the specific purpose of becoming the safest pilot he can be.

StormILM
July 24th, 2020, 10:43
The future is bright indeed!

Daube
July 24th, 2020, 12:29
Seeing A2A announcing they will build addons for MSFS is a very good news.
Slightly less good news is when they say they won't be developping addons they already made for P3D/FSX.
Given the current trend at A2A, it means we will not get any warbirds from them any more, but only planes such as Cessnas, and other Cessna wanabees, the kind of boring stuff that unfortunately sells in much higher volumes than warbirds.
Quite sad, honnestly :/

StormILM
July 24th, 2020, 13:22
When I read the full announcement, I didn't take their words as that they would not bring forth newer versions of their previous releases to the new Accusim and FS2020 level, more that they would not be simply ported over versions: "Future releases won’t just be ports of existing products, but instead they’ll take full advantage of the features and potential of the new platform to bring an unprecedented level of fidelity and quality."

I take that as it being possible they may build newer versions of the legacy products which I'm sure would be welcome.

paiken
July 24th, 2020, 15:53
I'd love if they made a new version of the 377. That would be a blast!

Sundog
July 24th, 2020, 17:03
The Aerostar is being made for P3D V4/5 and FS2020.

Javis
July 24th, 2020, 18:24
https://a2asimulations.com/a2a-simulations-fs2020-p3d-and-the-aerostar/

No doubt, as a model, it will look immaculate. As an aircraft i have always thought it looks pretty awkward. I'd trade 10 of these for just one B-17... (or one Connie... ) ( or half a Spitfire...)

wombat666
July 24th, 2020, 19:27
Shame! Not an attractive aircraft IMHO.
Decent performer even if it looks like a parts bin special.
:indecisiveness:

Mach3DS
July 25th, 2020, 13:40
Seeing as "Accu-sim" is an external module running outside of the core sim environment, it'll be really interesting to see just how "unprecedented" it can actually be, compared to other aircraft that will already exist in MSFS. That's the whole point of how this new sim operates right? So calling it "Accu-Sim" in MSFS is just a gimmick name more or less, if you can't actually do external stuff differently than the core sim does? That literally makes it a marketing name only for the way they will code avionics and systems using standard core sim fucntions. Regarding porting...I think they literally can't port over an "accu-sim" enabled aircraft even if they wanted to, because it currently (and possibly won't ever?) allow for external modules? The standard XML coded non-accu-sim aircraft could be ported though? If I'm understanding what I've been reading around the net...unless A2A have access to some special secret developers SDK that others don't have access to???...lots of rumors flying around. 8/18 will be a very interesting day. :)