PDA

View Full Version : Where will it install

Dangerous Beans
July 18th, 2020, 01:55
I've preordered the premium edition through the Windows Store and it looks like it's going to automatically install itself in the C drive, it doesn't ask you where you want to install too.
I don't want it on the C drive as its not big enough.
This is pretty dumb IMO especially as this is going to need a lot of space.

After a bit of googling I found there is a way to change where all windows apps will be installed but it seems to be global so all apps will go there once changed.
Go to Settings, System, Storage, Change where new content is saved.

I just want FS2020 to go to a specific drive, anything else can go to C.

Anyone have any ideas or opinions on this ?

AussieMan
July 18th, 2020, 03:41
​I'm the same. The less I have on my system drive the better.

keithb77
July 18th, 2020, 04:53
Don't worry, won't be a problem :)

Bomber_12th
July 18th, 2020, 05:23
As the details of the publicly-released recommended systems spec sheet alludes to, and as was confirmed by the developers at X019 last year, you can install the sim onto any drive that has enough disc space (150 GB). I could elaborate further, but as Keith says, there's nothing to worry about on this subject. As has also been discussed openly by the developers in the past, you also have control over where you point the rolling cache files to be stored (if you choose to use it).

Dangerous Beans
July 18th, 2020, 07:17
Ah OK
I was worried because after I purchased it created a folder in the AppData\Local\Packages folder and stated downloading files, only 16Kb worth so far.
This is the folder where all other Microsoft apps automatically install to.

n4gix
July 27th, 2020, 07:56
Ah OK
I was worried because after I purchased it created a folder in the AppData\Local\Packages folder and stated downloading files, only 16Kb worth so far.
This is the folder where all other Microsoft apps automatically install to.

That is all that will be installed if you select another drive after launching the installer (which is all we have now).