PDA

View Full Version : Map of MSFS (2020) airfields by edition

spatialpro
July 15th, 2020, 02:06
I created a map to illustrate all the bespoke hand-crafted airfields by Edition in the forthcoming Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS):

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1TxoAiv_-sVesjlFn_61F3qYoyoPspFpF&usp=sharing

(if any Admins can allow me to embed the map it would be appreciated)

Andy

pilto von pilto
July 20th, 2020, 15:08
I created a map to illustrate all the bespoke hand-crafted airfields by Edition in the forthcoming Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS):

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1TxoAiv_-sVesjlFn_61F3qYoyoPspFpF&usp=sharing

(if any Admins can allow me to embed the map it would be appreciated)

Andy

You know what? I find it incredible no one has given you a thumbsup on this.
So here's a thumbsup :encouragement:

Useful to know and to be honest something MS should have done themselves.

StormILM
July 20th, 2020, 18:22
I can hardly wait to see what my local airport and area look like as well as other landmarks around my State which up to now have never been truly accurately done. Won't be too long now.

p14u2nv
July 21st, 2020, 14:24
Thanks for the insight and the map of the "...hand crafted airfields..." Andy. But it makes me wonder what so many other smaller airfields will look like and will they be functional? I'm also very curious about what the military bases will be like and to what degree of realism will be allowed, if any, especially considering today's national security interests around the world.

My 2nd installation of FSX is basically military only with as many facilities and aircraft as I could find and install over the years. Guess I'll have to wait and see...

tommieboy
July 21st, 2020, 15:37
:encouragement::encouragement:

Tommy

centuryseries
July 22nd, 2020, 05:43
Thanks for the insight and the map of the "...hand crafted airfields..." Andy. But it makes me wonder what so many other smaller airfields will look like and will they be functional? I'm also very curious about what the military bases will be like and to what degree of realism will be allowed, if any, especially considering today's national security interests around the world.

My 2nd installation of FSX is basically military only with as many facilities and aircraft as I could find and install over the years. Guess I'll have to wait and see...

Well considering that Google earth shows military bases around the world and has done for many years now to a degree of detail where you can see parked aircraft, I can't see why the Bing photos would be any different.

dogfish
July 22nd, 2020, 15:14
Thank You for putting that together. A very good selection of Airports.

p14u2nv
July 23rd, 2020, 01:33
Well considering that Google earth shows military bases around the world and has done for many years now to a degree of detail where you can see parked aircraft, I can't see why the Bing photos would be any different.

Looking at it from your standpoint I'm sure you're probably right Century. But you know as crazy as this world has become and only in the last few months with the virus and then the riots here in some cities in the US who is to know for sure. Nothing surprises me anymore especially with M$ in charge. Stay safe

UnknownGuest12
August 6th, 2020, 08:19
Canīt thank you enough, very usefull. Regarding airports looks like "Standard" will do. Got Madeira Airport, will buy Lisbon when available...again, thanks:encouragement:

manfredc3
August 12th, 2020, 21:04
Great map. Gives a very good visual of what you get with each version.

Appreciate the effort put in to creating this map.:encouragement: