Called "Red Tails"

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,501725,00.html

Sorry, if this is old news.

Shadow Wolf 07
February 27th, 2009, 05:52
Looking forward to it!

Snuffy
February 27th, 2009, 06:33
I stuck it here .... http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=12010

but with only 22 looks no one appears interested.

Curtis P40
February 27th, 2009, 07:12
:wavey: I'm interested, it's just the first thing that comes to mind is alot of "computer flying". Some related info http://www.redtail.org Also has updates on the rebuilding of P-51c "Tuskegee Airmen"
Curt

brad kaste
February 27th, 2009, 07:38
In 1995 the movie 'The Tuskegee Airmen' was released on cable TV. It stars Laurence Fishburne. Considering it was done on a limited budget (I assume)...it's an excellent all around movie. Top notch acting from all with decent true life flying scenes. Some 'colorized' film clips where added but that could be expected.
If you haven't seen it, by all means do. Maybe it can be found at your local library carries it or Blockbuster store. Two thumbs up!

Lionheart
February 27th, 2009, 09:03
In 1995 the movie 'The Tuskegee Airmen' was released on cable TV. It stars Laurence Fishburne. Considering it was done on a limited budget (I assume)...it's an excellent all around movie. Top notch acting from all with decent true life flying scenes. Some 'colorized' film clips where added but that could be expected.
If you haven't seen it, by all means do. Maybe it can be found at your local library carries it or Blockbuster store. Two thumbs up!

That was a brilliant movie. I watched it.

Bill

GT182
February 27th, 2009, 09:15
As to your reference to the 95 film Brad, that was as close to the "way it was" as they could get. I asked the Tuskegee airmen that have attended MAAM's WWII Weekend for a few years now, if the film makers had "poetic license" to make the film as they wanted. The answer was no, it was to be make like it happened. The airmen would have it no other way... they wanted the real thing and as close as possible to fact.

It was a fantastic movie IMHO... but then again, I'm a bit biased as having met and chatted these wonderful Heros a few times. The first time I met them it brought tears to my eyes.... and to a few of them too. If you ever have the chance to meet them do so. They'll answer any questions you have honestly, and they won't pull any punches either. ;)

And I hope Lucas does it the same way.

Drake
February 27th, 2009, 14:41
Last I heard he was trying to get Samuel Jackson to direct and maybe star.

Panther_99FS
February 28th, 2009, 07:00
When I was growing up, I had a neighbor who was Tuskegee Airman - but he was support, not a pilot.

I'd like to see the "ground pounders" included in the movie to depict some of the trials & tribulations they faced...

crashaz
February 28th, 2009, 07:18
Hey P!! Nice to have ya back! :wavey:

Ya it must have been even tougher on the ground crew... they did not get to take their frustrations out on the Germans!

djscoo
February 28th, 2009, 08:06

Great Movie! I watched it in my history class.