PDA

View Full Version : Classics Hangar Fw190 released!

Pages : [1] 2

Mathias
February 27th, 2009, 03:32
Ladies and Gentlemen,

we are proud to announce the release of the Classics Hangar "Fw 190 A, the early variants".
Please check it out at http://www.classics-hangar.de

Please check also the announcement at our board:
http://www.classics-hangar.de/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=71

Thanks to everyone who has helped and supported us in the past and we hope you get as much enjoyment out of our product as we had creating it!

Boomer
February 27th, 2009, 03:40
Great news!!!

Of course now I am stuck at work all day :banghead:

Roger
February 27th, 2009, 03:45
:ernae::engel016::applause:

pernik
February 27th, 2009, 04:19
waiting for my download to be approved !

stiz
February 27th, 2009, 04:45
very nice :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

so ... whats next .... swordfish? :engel016:

Mathias
February 27th, 2009, 04:53
So show off your screenshots, Lads! :d

grunau_baby
February 27th, 2009, 05:05
At work!!!GRrrrr! The longing to drive home immediately is unbearable:jump:

Alex

jankees
February 27th, 2009, 05:13
..waiting for approval....

edit: ..downloading...

mike_cyul
February 27th, 2009, 06:33
Really nice! Very sensitive to fly, beautiful VC, and do I spot shadows under the gauge needles? And great framerates!

Won't have time to read the manual until tonight, so haven't explored everything yet....

Only problem I have is blurry textures, and I can't find a setting that cures this. The small stencils are sharp, but overall many textures are blurred.

Great sounds, very powerful, with that unhurried sort of tone that radial aircraft have.

Looking forward to further getting to know this aircraft - and how do I cure the blurries? I want to see all the beautiful details here! :)

Mike

Mathias
February 27th, 2009, 06:38
Glad that you like her! :welcome:

- and how do I cure the blurries? I want to see all the beautiful details here! :)

Mike

Mike, check the handbook on how to enable 2048x2048 textures.
There's also a nice writeup by Nick C that basically covers the same topic.
http://www.screenshotartist.co.uk/fsx_settings_config.htm

Mathias
February 27th, 2009, 06:39
... and do I spot shadows under the gauge needles?

Mike

Good eye, Sir! Yes indeed, there are shadows.

mike_cyul
February 27th, 2009, 06:41
Glad that you like her! :welcome:

Mike, check the handbook on how to enable 2048x2048 textures.
There's also a nice writeup by Nick C that basically covers the same topic.

Thanks Mathias - I did look, in trying to find the solution, but I'm still getting blurred textures. FSX.cfg texture_max_load reads 2048.

Mike

jankees
February 27th, 2009, 06:51
Very nice indeed, cool VC, nice sounds, but I agree, the textures disappoint (see last pic for an example). The manual said change the FSX.cfg to allow 2048 textures, but I saw no difference.
There are enough of them though! Wow, not much left to paint...
Other small things I noticed: the wheels seem to have sunk in the mud a tad too much (first pic), and the tailwheel doesn't seem to rotate (taildragger?).
The engine noise gets a nice whine when you're really in a hurry, normally it's nice and lazy. Doesn't feel like you're going fast until you want to land, what, 550 km/h?
Very difficult to steer on the ground, but I may be doing something wrong...stick forward to unlock tailwheel?
I actually seems rather big compared to the jug that I found to accompany it on my maiden flight, I always thought the P-47 would be much bigger.
Anyway, enjoy the shots!

Mathias
February 27th, 2009, 06:53
Is this the only plane with large textures in your hangar that does this?
I ask since we havn't seen this issue during beta.
Contrary to common fashion we have not stripped the mipmaps off the external textures. Would you check your graphics card settings for something like "force mipmaps", dissable that and see how it goes?
Thanks.

Mathias
February 27th, 2009, 06:56
I always thought the P-47 would be much bigger.
Anyway, enjoy the shots!

Get closer to the Jug and you'll see that it's almost twice as large.

Weirdo on the blurry textures.
As I said, we havn't seen anything like that during beta.
Will check on it ASAP.
Thanks for the report!

Mathias
February 27th, 2009, 07:00
One thing to keep in mind when editing the FSX.cfg:
Whenever you open the display settings again from within FSX it will revert back to default 1024 pixel.
Having said that saving settings to a profile as described by Nick C *may* help

mike_cyul
February 27th, 2009, 07:08
One thing to keep in mind when editing the FSX.cfg:
Whenever you open the display settings again from within FSX it will revert back to default 1024 pixel.
Having said that saving settings to a profile as described by Nick C *may* help

Yes, thanks, aware of that. I think we should wait and see what others say - if it's just my computer, then I'll have to see what I can do. I wonder if its a mip issue? If I find a solution in the meantime I'll post it here. :)

This is a great aircraft!

Mike

Mathias
February 27th, 2009, 07:09
Yes, thanks, aware of that. I think we should wait and see what others say - if it's just my computer, then I'll have to see what I can do. If I find a solution in the meantime I'll post it here. :)

This is a great aircraft!

Mike

Thanks Mike, much apprechiated!

Quixoticish
February 27th, 2009, 07:10
The textures were blurry until I re-saved them with imagetool with no mips. All was fine after that! :woot:

Mathias
February 27th, 2009, 07:11
The textures were blurry until I re-saved them with imagetool with no mips. All was fine after that! :woot:

I thought so.
I'd like to find out though why some machines click over the mipmaps too soon though.
Thanks Chris!

stiz
February 27th, 2009, 07:11
Sounds like the problem i sometimes got in fs9 when the textures had mip maps. Try zooming all the way in then back out, if that doesnt work then check to see if the texture has mip maps, if it has then just re save the textures with painting prog or dxtbmp with "has mitmaps" (or something simular) disabled. :wave:

Edit = looks like Chris beat me to it :)

jankees
February 27th, 2009, 07:18
Is this the only plane with large textures in your hangar that does this?

Yes, it's the only one, the WoP3 P-47 has no problems, I've made a few 2048 P-51 & Safir repaints, no problems, fine detail. I've had a look in the texture files, and they seem nice and crisp, but they are blurry on the a/c?
Here's a few shots to show it (and yes indeed, the jug is 'a bit' bigger!)
Note the second pic, you can read the text on the jug, which is in the rear, but the textures on the 190 are blurry.

Mathias
February 27th, 2009, 07:23
Ok, we'll put up a set of textures without mipmaps later today for those that have issues.
I'll pass a download link on to you via e-mail when we're ready.
Thanks for reporting.

JorisVandenBerghe
February 27th, 2009, 07:31
How's the Focke Wulf regarding frames ?
And oh, I'm doing the bank transfer right now, but my homebanking thingy says your account number is incorrect...the BIC and so on is correct, but I'm not sure whether you put the wrong bank account number on that page in the shop, or it's a problem with my homebanking system...or do I have to put the IBAN thing in there ? When I do that, it doesn't reports the bank account number is incorrect...contrary to when I'd put the 'normal' bank account number in it.

I'm not what you'd call familiar with transferring money to a foreign country...sorry!

Edit: when validating the transfer, it does reports the bank account number is incorrect...

hinch
February 27th, 2009, 07:32
Looks good, might check it out.

I never understand why add-on aircraft would use mipmaps though. Please release a set without set for download so we're not losing image quality when re-saving please =)

Mathias
February 27th, 2009, 07:39
How's the Focke Wulf regarding frames ?
And oh, I'm doing the bank transfer right now, but my homebanking thingy says your account number is incorrect...the BIC and so on is correct, but I'm not sure whether you put the wrong bank account number on that page in the shop, or it's a problem with my homebanking system...or do I have to put the IBAN thing in there ? When I do that, it doesn't reports the bank account number is incorrect...contrary to when I'd put the 'normal' bank account number in it.

I'm not what you'd call familiar with transferring money to a foreign country...sorry!

Edit: when validating the transfer, it does reports the bank account number is incorrect...

Good catch, thanks! Data corrected.
Joris, please drop me a line to support at classics-hangar.de

Mathias
February 27th, 2009, 07:44
Looks good, might check it out.

I never understand why add-on aircraft would use mipmaps though. Please release a set without set for download so we're not losing image quality when re-saving please =)

Well, the opposite to blurries is flickering that's why one should try to get a good balance between meshsize and texture pixel on-screen size.

mike_cyul
February 27th, 2009, 08:04
Ok, we'll put up a set of textures without mipmaps later today for those that have issues.
I'll pass a download link on to you via e-mail when we're ready.
Thanks for reporting.

Thanks, Mathias! :applause:

Mike

Akatsuki
February 27th, 2009, 08:27
No blurry textures for me!

I've just finished a quick flight, so far so good. :applause::applause:
Thumbs up to the Classics Hangar team. :ernae:

Those screenshots are not the best i've made but they show crisp textures...

MudMarine
February 27th, 2009, 08:34
Order pending............slow.........! What's a EUR? Please don't answer that I know what a Euro is! I'm sure a lot of US customers would like to see US$. Sorry, got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning......cranky! hehe

stovall
February 27th, 2009, 08:35
Thanks Mathias, downloading now, at 16% and running. Looking forward to the first flight. The site and purchase was easy and clear. Good work in that department.

Regards, Tom

stovall
February 27th, 2009, 08:37
Mud, Your PayPal receipt shows the cost in USD. $32.71. Process was almost instant for me and am download the 250 MB file now.

Regards to you and glad you are back, Tom

Roger
February 27th, 2009, 08:59
In my Nvidia control panel I always have "no mips" selected so maybe that's why I never had them in beta testing and for information my vieo card is a GF8800GTX.
A good reason to keep the max tex load at 2048 is that you'll see the incredible tracery of accurately sized rivets.

woody901
February 27th, 2009, 09:14
Can anyone open the canopy? I've tried shift-e and the cockpit wheel on the right of the virtual cockpit but my canopy refuses to open. If I try shift-e 2 I get the ladder animation ok. Any ideas?:help:

Mathias
February 27th, 2009, 09:25
Can anyone open the canopy? I've tried shift-e and the cockpit wheel on the right of the virtual cockpit but my canopy refuses to open. If I try shift-e 2 I get the ladder animation ok. Any ideas?:help:

Woody, in the FSX.cfg is an entry "SKINNED_ANIMATIONS"
Set that to "SKINNED_ANIMATIONS=1" and the canopy will work.
There are btw a few more animations that depend on this setting such as the pilot, the leather root of the rudder stick and the Mg151/Mg17 ammo counters.

Roger
February 27th, 2009, 09:28
here's some shots showing the clarity of the textures on my video card.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/r190-1.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/r190-6.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/r190-2.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/r190-3.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/r190-4.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/r190-5.jpg

gajit
February 27th, 2009, 09:53
Your lucky Roger - ive checked my settings and I am not getting anything that clear on my Nvidia 9800gt. No bumpmapping and blurred textures

woody901
February 27th, 2009, 09:55
Woody, in the FSX.cfg is an entry "SKINNED_ANIMATIONS"
Set that to "SKINNED_ANIMATIONS=1" and the canopy will work.
There are btw a few more animations that depend on this setting such as the pilot, the leather root of the rudder stick and the Mg151/Mg17 ammo counters.

Thanks for the rapid response. That fixed it. Never seen that heading in the CFG before. Wonder what else I've been Missing?:jump:

Mathias
Your lucky Roger - ive checked my settings and I am not getting anything that clear on my Nvidia 9800gt. No bumpmapping and blurred textures

No worries Gajit,
Alessandro is working on the textures as we speak and they should be ready later today.
Thanks!

6297J
In my Nvidia control panel I always have "no mips" selected so maybe that's why I never had them in beta testing and for information my vieo card is a GF8800GTX.

Isn't the whole point of beta testing to try different settings?

Mathias
February 27th, 2009, 09:59
Isn't the whole point of beta testing to try different settings?

Probably so, it just happens that a detail passes attention.
I myself and others havn't seen this even with mipmaps on.
However, a fix is being worked on for those who experience the blurries and will be ready later today.
Thanks for your understanding.

gajit
February 27th, 2009, 10:00
No problem - looking forward to it.

I love the FW even blurry!!

6297J
February 27th, 2009, 10:01
Probably so, it just happens that a detail passes attention.
I myself and others havn't seen this even with mipmaps on.
However, a fix is being worked on for those who experience the blurries and will be ready later today.
Thanks for your understanding.

Standing by :wiggle:

Roger
February 27th, 2009, 10:02

Gajit,
For bumpmaps change texture_max_load to read 2048 in the FsX.cfg and for blurries try Nvidia Control Panel "no mips" or wait for the new textures.

MudMarine
February 27th, 2009, 10:02
Mud, Your PayPal receipt shows the cost in USD. $32.71. Process was almost instant for me and am download the 250 MB file now.

Regards to you and glad you are back, Tom

I would like to see the US price before the receipt faze of the transaction. Just a small "niggle". It took me almost an hour to download and I have a fast connection.

Mathias
February 27th, 2009, 10:05
I would like to see the US price before the receipt faze of the transaction. Just a small "niggle". It took me almost an hour to download and I have a fast connection.

Well, a two edged sword for me.
The shop doesn't calculate the current exchange course automatically so that I have to update it manually.
An option would be to place an external link to a currency calculator if that would be an option for you?
It's noted, thanks Mud!

gajit
February 27th, 2009, 10:09
Gajit,
For bumpmaps change texture_max_load to read 2048 in the FsX.cfg and for blurries try Nvidia Control Panel "no mips" or wait for the new textures.

Tx Roger

huub vink
February 27th, 2009, 10:24
It's weird. Compared to many others here I have a very modest system. I have flown this FW190 for at least 100 hours, but the only time I had blurry textures was when the maximum textures size was still at 1024x1024.

Like Roger I have a nvidia video-card, but unlike him I have the humble GeForce 8800 GTS.

As you can see at the screenies below, the textures are sharp and remain sharp :confused:

Huub

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/Blurries0.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/Blurries1.jpg

gajit
February 27th, 2009, 10:29
Ive changed my max load and switched mips to none and restarted FSX and still only have this.

I will have to wait for the fix.

gajit
February 27th, 2009, 10:32
Does anyone else find that the FW shakes on ground with the engine off in the VC?
And slowly rocks left to right wingtips when shut down in the external view on ground?

Also I cannot get the pilot to get an oxigen mask - is that animated?

Also the right ammo indicator can extend through the cockpit above the gunsight.

MudMarine
February 27th, 2009, 10:47
Well, a two edged sword for me.
The shop doesn't calculate the current exchange course automatically so that I have to update it manually.
An option would be to place an external link to a currency calculator if that would be an option for you?
It's noted, thanks Mud!

It's really no problem Mathias! Just something to make it a bit easier for US customers?

First Flight: WOW!:jawdrop: The Beemer engine sounds make my toes tingle! No burries for me. The paints are incredible, and I just downloaded the broken stick thingie to add to my paints. Very, Very impressed and happy!!:applause::jump: Off to read the manual before I put in anymore flight time!

Mathias
February 27th, 2009, 10:47
Does anyone else find that the FW shakes on ground with the engine off in the VC?
And slowly rocks left to right wingtips when shut down in the external view on ground?

Also I cannot get the pilot to get an oxigen mask - is that animated?

Also the right ammo indicator can extend through the cockpit above the gunsight.

Gajit,

will look into the shakey brakey thing.
Is that always or just on the ground?

The oxygen mask is not animated.

ammo indicators, Uhmm, that's a skinned mesh funny. To work around this just drag the poti up not down.

Mathias
February 27th, 2009, 10:50
It's really no problem Mathias! Just something to make it a bit easier for US customers?

First Flight: WOW!:jawdrop: The Beemer engine sounds make my toes tingle! No burries for me. The paints are incredible, and I just downloaded the broken stick thingie to add to my paints. Very, Very impressed and happy!!:applause::jump: Off to read the manual before I put in anymore flight time!

Pweeeh, now that was the hardest part, to impress a Marine (note capital "M")! :isadizzy::costumes:
Glad that you like it, mate! :_)

alx
February 27th, 2009, 10:52
To all the painters out there. Hope you like the included paintkit. Just a couple of days and you will have a (we hope pleasant) surprise.

:jump:

mike_cyul
February 27th, 2009, 10:52
It's weird. Compared to many others here I have a very modest system. I have flown this FW190 for at least 100 hours, but the only time I had blurry textures was when the maximum textures size was still at 1024x1024.

Like Roger I have a nvidia video-card, but unlike him I have the humble GeForce 8800 GTS.

As you can see at the screenies below, the textures are sharp and remain sharp :confused:

Huub

I'm beginning to believe that FSX has somehow a mind of its own, when it comes to people's systems. It's getting extremely hard to make something that works on everybody's computer, no matter how much testing you do.

Mike

gajit
February 27th, 2009, 10:53
Gajit,

will look into the shakey brakey thing.
Is that always or just on the ground?

The oxygen mask is not animated.

ammo indicators, Uhmm, that's a skinned mesh funny. To work around this just drag the poti up not down.

Hi Mathias

The shakes and rocking (like the wind has caught it whilst shut down) is only when parked.

Please don't think I am being negative - I do love this FW190 - excellent product and great value. I just think beta testing could have taken a little longer even if mud would have been annoyed!! LOL

Mathias
February 27th, 2009, 10:58
Hi Mathias

The shakes and rocking (like the wind has caught it whilst shut down) is only when parked.

Please don't think I am being negative - I do love this FW190 - excellent product and great value. I just think beta testing could have taken a little longer even if mud would have been annoyed!! LOL

Naa, there is nothing negative about pointing out issues.
It's actually a good thing to get crits, we can only learn and get better.
I just can assertain you that we'll try to fix all issues that may arise as fast as possible.

MudMarine
February 27th, 2009, 11:10
Pweeeh, now that was the hardest part, to impress a Marine (note capital "M")! :isadizzy::costumes:
Glad that you like it, mate! :_)

Your a very smart Man Mathias!! You wouldn't believe how many points I lost in College because I used a capital "M" when spelling Marine! I'm just a subborn Yank! Actually it's more like love than like! Very, very impressive first aircraft! The attention to detail is astounding! Can't wait for that 110, now get back to work!!:a1089::costumes:

Mathias
February 27th, 2009, 11:12
..... now get back to work!!:a1089::costumes:

Aye, Sir! :costumes:

HundertzehnGustav
February 27th, 2009, 11:28
?
110?
:kiss:

grunau_baby
February 27th, 2009, 11:38
Danke Mathias and thanks to all who contributed!:applause:

Outstanding and sound and feel are superb!!! This will keep me busy forever!!!:wiggle:

Very strange I only get blurries on some paintscemes, others are crisp. But I will wait for the fix. Otherwise detail is outstanding!!!

Alex

MudMarine
February 27th, 2009, 12:06
?
110?
:kiss:

Go to the Classic-hangar website and have a look. It's has a projected 2009 release.

Steven190
February 27th, 2009, 12:36
I have the blurred emblems, too

I have a 8800 Ultra and a AMD 64 x2 6400+ using the 182.06 drivers

GREAT WORK

Too bad I can only fly it today, leave for a 6 month project away from my game computer.

Thanks

deimos256
February 27th, 2009, 13:17
Amazing work! Flies like a total beauty and the cockpit is fantastic, but i seem to be plagued by the blurry textures issue, changed my config to 2048 and turned mips to none in Nvidia settings, and still the same, I dont mess with imagetool or any of that so I guess ill wait for the fix. Otherwise I love it

stovall
February 27th, 2009, 13:38
deimos256, try leaving your Max Texture setting at 2048 and turning on Mip Maps. This worked fine for me. The manual states this what must be done before flying the great Fw-190. I believe leaving Mip Maps on makes a big difference with these textures.

Hope this help, Tom

Barvan40
February 27th, 2009, 13:42
This is wonderful, well worth the wait! Thank you!

Barry

doublecool
February 27th, 2009, 13:54
does my USA paypal account work

MudMarine
February 27th, 2009, 14:02
My US PayPal worked.

Barvan40
February 27th, 2009, 14:03

Mine worked just fine.

Barry

Mathias
February 27th, 2009, 14:05

Paypal should diplay in English as soon as you proceed to the next page.
However, I will check with them how we can make english the default langauge.

deimos256
February 27th, 2009, 14:09
deimos256, try leaving your Max Texture setting at 2048 and turning on Mip Maps. This worked fine for me. The manual states this what must be done before flying the great Fw-190. I believe leaving Mip Maps on makes a big difference with these textures.

Hope this help, Tom

I dont know what happened but im getting the sweet textures now, i read ealrier to turn mips OFF in nvidia settings. As for texture size i have it already set at 4096 if im looking in the right spot. Which is the real McCoy, fsx.cfg or the other text file labeled fsx, which has the same contents? Either way the latter had 1024 so i adjusted and loaded FSX not once but twice and now it works. Typical microsoft product

Steven190
February 27th, 2009, 14:43
Just changing the FSX.cfg file in App. Data works for the blurring

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=2048

MudMarine
February 27th, 2009, 14:55
Paypal should diplay in English as soon as you proceed to the next page.
However, I will check with them how we can make english the default langauge.

My page was in German, good thing I can read it! :whistle:

gajit
February 27th, 2009, 15:06
I Think this product is as good, if not better than the RealAir Spitfire. The sound is also awsome!

Well done Mathias and team.:ernae:

RudiJG1
February 27th, 2009, 15:32
What I really love about these recent FSX releases...the RealAir Spitfire, the WOPIII Razorback, and now this wonderful Fw-190...is that they are individuals. They each fly and feel differently and each seems to attain their own unique version of accuracy. It's a load of fun compared to the stock aircraft.

HundertzehnGustav
February 27th, 2009, 16:43
Go to the Classic-hangar website and have a look. It's has a projected 2009 release.
!
:woot:

MudMarine
February 27th, 2009, 16:55
!

Ain't that sweet!! Remember, these are some of the guys from GroundCrew that did the 110 and 111 for FS9.

stovall
February 27th, 2009, 16:55
demos256, I also have my texture max at 4096. Works great that way. I use REX and to get the clouds the way I like the 4096 is a must. Glad all is working for you.

I have the swatika finished for application to the tail if anyone is interested for historically correct.

Regards, Tom

Mathias
February 27th, 2009, 17:14
Ok, all who have purchased the plane should have received a link to Service Pack 1 which is supposed to adress the blurries.
Install only if you need it.
The original download has been updated so that future purchasers can apply the Service Pack optionally without the need for an additional download.

Mathias
February 27th, 2009, 17:15
!

Bobbele old chap, I thought you where sinking tonnage in Silent hunter? :wavey:

SolarEagle
February 27th, 2009, 17:43
Ordered mine, will download after work! The price listed was 30EUR($38), but when I ordered I was only charged 25EUR($32), so that was a nice surprise.

Seeing this compared to the RealAir Spit makes me feel confident in my purchase!

Barvan40
February 27th, 2009, 18:03
I have the swastika finished for application to the tail if anyone is interested for historically correct.

Regards, Tom

I am interested in that Tom.

Barry

mike_cyul
February 27th, 2009, 18:07
Service pack solved the texture issue - thanks Mathias! Awesome looking plane.

Only mystery left - how do you unlock the tailwheel?

Mike

SolarEagle
February 27th, 2009, 18:08
They released some swastikas already. It was announced in a different thread.

http://www.italianwings.it/files/ch/ch_fw190_taildecal_t.zip

Put it into every folder except the following:

CH_Fw190A1\texture
CH_Fw190A3_MGFF\texture.4
CH_Fw190A4\texture.5

MudMarine
February 27th, 2009, 18:47
Strange bug: When I turn the dial on the left MG17 the while bar keeps on going up and up and away!

stovall
February 27th, 2009, 18:50
Barvan40, I uploaded the swaztika textures here at SOH and should be up as soon as they are cleared. Be sure not to put them into the folders mentioned above.

Always glad to help.

Barvan40
February 27th, 2009, 18:56
Barvan40, I uploaded the swaztika textures here at SOH and should be up as soon as they are cleared. Be sure not to put them into the folders mentioned above.

Always glad to help.

Thank you Tom and SolarEagle!

Akatsuki
February 27th, 2009, 19:00
Some more screenshots... Real fun to fly, i need practice on landing though. :jump:

Bomber_12th
February 27th, 2009, 19:36

Mike

Push the stick forward...just like a Mustang. ;)

deimos256
February 27th, 2009, 19:57

Mike

What would you do in the real deal??? Stick forward hahaha, another little detail that i love.

I dont usually do screenshots but its hard to resist with this beauty.

My Favorite Paint of the whole bunch

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r101/deimos256/fw1.jpg

The Scourge Of the Eastern Front

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r101/deimos256/fw2.jpg

Bad View for a tailgunner

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r101/deimos256/fw3.jpg

This paint has no outer cannons but when in VC outer cannons show, Still a great paint

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r101/deimos256/fw4.jpg

Barfly
February 27th, 2009, 20:22
Nice handling airplane.. just what you would expect - very light on the controls and responsive, with just a little bit of warning before an accelerated stall.

RudiJG1
February 27th, 2009, 20:38
While not documented (I think...), the Z key and CTR - Z combination will hold altitude and wings level on this bird...an autopilot of sorts. Useful for sightseeing and admiring the 190 from outside the cockpit.

stovall
February 27th, 2009, 20:43

Mike

Mike under Contact Points find the following:

tailwheel_lock = 1 //Change the 1 to a 0

That will give you stearing and unlock the tail wheel.

Regards, Tom

stovall
February 27th, 2009, 21:33
Someone mentioned they thought Chuck Yeager was around somewhere in his P-51. Best stay in the clouds on the way home.

Really a great bird to fly especially with Track IR. Thanks again Mathias.

Regards, Tom

gajit
February 27th, 2009, 23:17
Mathias and team Well done. That SP1 had made a great aircraft look fantastic now on my PC.

Thank you for your excellent support. Looking forward to buying your next one :ernae:

jankees
February 27th, 2009, 23:35
just downloaded the new textures, MUCH better!
Thank you kindly!

I love how the pilot keeps scanning the sky, great!

Mathias
February 27th, 2009, 23:40
Strange bug: When I turn the dial on the left MG17 the while bar keeps on going up and up and away!

Yes, that a skinned mesh funny.
I thought I don't bother and leave it in for a good laugh.
To work around this just drag the knob up, not down.

gajit
February 27th, 2009, 23:43
Its a jug killer alright!

woody901
February 27th, 2009, 23:50

I get the same problem. Only solution I found is to restart flight.

Mathias
February 28th, 2009, 00:00
I get the same problem. Only solution I found is to restart flight.

Drag the dial up, not down, as described in post #97.

Mathias
February 28th, 2009, 00:01
Has btw anyone noticed that there is no delay in texture loading time when switching from external view to VC view? :d

gajit
February 28th, 2009, 00:07
Has btw anyone noticed that there is no delay in texture loading time when switching from external view to VC view? :d

No -unlike so many other products I find it very fast - just love the detail including the night lighting.

woody901
February 28th, 2009, 00:19
Drag the dial up, not down, as described in post #97.

Sorry, saw your post just after I posted. Yes dragging with the mouse works just fine. I think I used the mouse wheel the first time and got the odd results.
Just a personal preference, is there any way to make her a little more stable in the roll axis? It would be nice to fly a little hands off without having to make the constant adjustments to roll every few seconds. Like I said, just a personal preference, no big deal.
Thanks for a wonderful plane though.
Cheers

Mathias
February 28th, 2009, 00:21
Just a personal preference, is there any way to make her a little more stable in the roll axis? It would be nice to fly a little hands off without having to make the constant adjustments to roll every few seconds. Like I said, just a personal preference, no big deal.
Thanks for a wonderful plane though.
Cheers

woody, I just posted this at another board:

If you turn down p-factor, torque and gyro effects in the realism setting she'll still fly like an Fw190 without the drama that the DATCOM flight model adds.

woody901
February 28th, 2009, 00:27
Ok thanks for that, I'll give it a try.

mike_cyul
February 28th, 2009, 00:27
Push the stick forward...just like a Mustang. ;)

Thanks, John. I'm getting too used to civi aircraft. In the 109, they used a knob on the left cockpit wall. :)

Now I'll know what to do when the FSX Mustang is out. :d

Mike

SolarEagle
February 28th, 2009, 00:58
The visual model is one of the best I've seen, but I'm seeing a number of issues with other stuff....

First thing I noticed is that I instantly go to 2500rpm as soon as I touch the throttle, with less than 0.60 ata, and before the needle even moves from .60 to .62. Can that be correct? Seems to me it takes more than that to get a prop up to 2500rpm.

Second thing is that I'm getting wing tip vapors with pretty much any kind of elevator deflection. Even with very small amounts of elevator I get wing tip vapors. Seems to me an aircraft needs to be pushing pretty hard for that to happen, and it should not be happening with mild elevator usage.

Third thing I noticed is the wingtip vapors are not located correctly. They emanate from a location above the wingtip.

And finally I'm wondering about the drag on this, becuase it seems when I cut throttle back all the way it just keeps going and going, even if I nose up a bit it just keeps floating along and floating along, even with the drop tank on. Seems strange compared to what I'm used too, but maybe that's accurate for this plane. I did have only the main tank full and drop tank empty, but still it seems odd.

I've only flown for about 5 minutes, but that's what I noticed so far.

gajit
February 28th, 2009, 01:16
A shot i took in 1944!

d0mokun
February 28th, 2009, 02:27
Awesome. This beast needs an award or two. Kudos to all involved.

I too have noticed a little jiggle on the ground though. But overall, it's wicked. The sounds are especially awesome and I love the way it flies. The art of it all needs to be seen though. It's just brilliant. :ernae:

BR
Dan.

BOOM
February 28th, 2009, 03:37
That cockpit looks really sweet!!!! I might have to look into this one!

Sixghost
February 28th, 2009, 03:39
Congrats Mathias, Alex and Gregory...it sure is a winner, and I've never had a single doubt about that!:ernae:

deimos256
February 28th, 2009, 04:30

This is one thing that i really give points for, as i constantly switch from external to VC, and especially alphasim birds and the realair spit, theres a serious delay in loading the VC textures, nothing is worse than staring at grey glass and gauge faces, some alpha birds take up to 10 seconds!!

After more flights this has hands down become my favorite addon, she handles like a dream and is just BEGGING to be thrown around the sky, the VC is outstanding and dare i say the needles move smoother than realair???? Shes also great on frames, even in congested city areas, id say its on par with a stock plane.

deimos256
February 28th, 2009, 05:10
Since I havent seen any shots with a bomb load yet........

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r101/deimos256/1901.jpg

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r101/deimos256/1902.jpg

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r101/deimos256/1903.jpg

RudiJG1
February 28th, 2009, 05:32
Nice shots, there, Deimos and congrats, Mathias and Classics Hangar, for a great airplane.

I too am finding her a bit touchy in terms of roll and a stable rate of descent when on final...but I probably need more practice.:redface:

Mathias
February 28th, 2009, 06:03
Like with any other hi hp fighter bird slowing down is an issue, particularly with clean airframes such as the Fw190.
Best advice is to practice side slipping, that'll help to reduce speed.

On the droptank drag, we will look into a way of utilizing the acceleration misc objects drag entry in the cfg.
So far it's a pure SP 2 aircraft and as such the droptank has no "native" drag.
There would have been a coding workaround but the "open slot" has been used for other features.

MudMarine
February 28th, 2009, 06:11
Yes, that a skinned mesh funny.
I thought I don't bother and leave it in for a good laugh.
To work around this just drag the knob up, not down.

I'm just pretenting it's a special Top Secret Nazi antenna which picks up Stalin's brain waves..........nothings been heard yet! hehe:whistle:

Mathias
February 28th, 2009, 06:14
I'm just pretenting it's a special Top Secret Nazi antenna which picks up Stalin's brain waves..........nothings been heard yet! hehe:whistle:

Yes, it's actually another secret German weapon.
It's so secret, even today I can't tell you what it is. :monkies::costumes:

Akatsuki
February 28th, 2009, 07:20
Yes, it's actually another secret German weapon.
It's so secret, even today I can't tell you what it is. :monkies::costumes:

I know what it is! It's the unlimited ammo code! :costumes::costumes:

Panther_99FS
February 28th, 2009, 07:49
Looks like I'll have some payware catching up to do....:wiggle:

JorisVandenBerghe
February 28th, 2009, 07:52
Good to see you back, Mr. 'P' ;-). This is must-have payware, let that be clear! Top-notch work, Mathias! Are you going to do only German warbirds, or others too ?

huub vink
February 28th, 2009, 08:08
I too am finding her a bit touchy in terms of roll and a stable rate of descent when on final...but I probably need more practice.:redface:

During beta testing I had exactly the same comment. But as it is a high performance fighter depending on its manoeuvrability, the rate of roll was most probably very high.
The method Greg used to design the flightmodel is most probably as realistic as you can get it (at least that's how he explained it to me ;).
When you put the sliders like Mathias descibed in an earlier post the FW190 is quite easy to fly. However, I must confess it feels a bit like cheating.

About the fact the aircraft shakes a bit; the BMW 801 engine is approximately one third of the total weight of the aircraft. The capacity of the engine is 41.8 litres (2,547.40 in³) which tells us something about the moving mass inside the engine. (Pistons, crackshaft, etc.)

Do you really think the aircraft shouldn't move a bit? :lol:

Cheers,
Huub

grunau_baby
February 28th, 2009, 08:13
:applause:Thanks again!

JorisVandenBerghe
February 28th, 2009, 08:13
Only the shaking on the ground to the left...hmm.

RudiJG1
February 28th, 2009, 08:19
During beta testing I had exactly the same comment. But as it is a high performance fighter depending on its manoeuvrability, the rate of roll was most probably very high.
The method Greg used to design the flightmodel is most probably as realistic as you can get it (at least that's how he explained it to me ;).
When you put the sliders like Mathias descibed in an earlier post the FW190 is quite easy to fly. However, I must confess it feels a bit like cheating.

About the fact the aircraft shakes a bit; the BMW 801 engine is approximately one third of the total weight of the aircraft. The capacity of the engine is 41.8 litres (2,547.40 in³) which tells us something about the moving mass inside the engine. (Pistons, crackshaft, etc.)

Cheers,
Huub

Thanks for the insight, Huub, and I completely agree with you regarding "cheating" with the settings sliders...I'm leaving them all the way to the right. I like the shaking for the reasons stated...it's a BIG powerplant in there. Great plane.

deimos256
February 28th, 2009, 08:24
Its not covered in the manual but are failures built in? I have already ruined two engines, one quit for no discernible reason other than i was running it wide open for a while (needles were within margins though) The other was in an A1 and my oil pressure was low, about 2 min after takeoff it started sputtering black smoke and eventually quit, after bellying, i reloaded it and it flew with low oil pressure till i landed, im assuming this is all on purpose since A1s werent very reliable????

huub vink
February 28th, 2009, 08:52
Its not covered in the manual but are failures built in? I have already ruined two engines, one quit for no discernible reason other than i was running it wide open for a while (needles were within margins though) The other was in an A1 and my oil pressure was low, about 2 min after takeoff it started sputtering black smoke and eventually quit, after bellying, i reloaded it and it flew with low oil pressure till i landed, im assuming this is all on purpose since A1s werent very reliable????

Only two engines so far? In the manual you should be able to find the maximimum manifold pressure for every type. Every engine type has its own critical pressure. You can fly full trottle for a short period, but when you exceed this critical pressure long enough you will have problems . However as the engine is built with German precision, you can restart and in most cases you will still have a few cylinders available to bring you home safely.

Enjoy,
Huub

deimos256
February 28th, 2009, 09:05
Haha silly i didnt consider max sustained pressure, however i just went though the manual and couldnt find a start procedure, so far ive only been able to start with ctrl-e

ICDP
February 28th, 2009, 10:42
I cannot get the engine to start manually. There is nothing in the included pilots manual that I can see relating to manual engine start. I have tried following the manual engine start checklist but I cannot get the engine to start manually. When I click and hold the starter handle it simple moves to a raised position but the engine doesn't even try to start.

The only way I can get the engine to start is to press ctrl+e for auto start.

MudMarine
February 28th, 2009, 10:43
All I have to say about engines is "read the manual". The manual mentions the engine problems that Kurt's 190 had. And I smoke one also, for fun but I make an emergency landing.

PS How about someone do a start up proceedure for us. I'd like to start it by the numbers but the manual doesn't show you how.

MudMarine
February 28th, 2009, 10:45
Looks like I'll have some payware catching up to do....:wiggle:

Howdy Panther! Good to see you!!:applause:

deimos256
February 28th, 2009, 12:13
I cannot get the engine to start manually. There is nothing in the included pilots manual that I can see relating to manual engine start. I have tried following the manual engine start checklist but I cannot get the engine to start manually. When I click and hold the starter handle it simple moves to a raised position but the engine doesn't even try to start.

i followed the checklists too and managed to get the engine spinning but it wont catch, maybe im shutting everything down wrong

Scratch
February 28th, 2009, 15:46
Does the service pack come in an email? I can't find it.

MudMarine
February 28th, 2009, 15:52
You should have received an email link Marine? Mathias will hook you up I'm sure.

MudMarine
February 28th, 2009, 16:48
Are there any good FSX WWII Luftwaffle airfields?

Akatsuki
February 28th, 2009, 17:31
Are there any good FSX WWII Luftwaffle airfields?

search for "Gutersloh" on AVSIM, that's the closest thing to a Luftwaffe airfield i know for FSX.

Mathias
February 28th, 2009, 17:58
:d

When in the plane in FSX, there's that big white sheet of paper on the forward right console.
Click it and it will highlight the kneeboard including engine startup procedure and all that stuff.
Engine limits can also be found in the inflight checklists.
Note of caution, when reading through the handbook you might get the idea that, particularly on the BMW801C equipped planes a three minutes rating is not always a three minutes rating. :d
There's really not much wording inside the manual that should not be put into the simming context. :kilroy:

Mathias
February 28th, 2009, 18:02
i followed the checklists too and managed to get the engine spinning but it wont catch, maybe im shutting everything down wrong

- Battery, master magentos, magnetos and alternator on
- fuel cock to position all
- 10-15 strokes on the primer
- Push the starter.
That's it in a nutshell.

Mathias
February 28th, 2009, 18:04
Does the service pack come in an email? I can't find it.

Scratch, did I miss you out on the mailing list?
sorry for that, please drop me a line to support[at]classics-hangar[dot]de

Anneke
February 28th, 2009, 22:38
How do I pay in your shop? :help:

ICDP
February 28th, 2009, 23:45
:d

When in the plane in FSX, there's that big white sheet of paper on the forward right console.
Click it and it will highlight the kneeboard including engine startup procedure and all that stuff.
Engine limits can also be found in the inflight checklists.
Note of caution, when reading through the handbook you might get the idea that, particularly on the BMW801C equipped planes a three minutes rating is not always a three minutes rating. :d
There's really not much wording inside the manual that should not be put into the simming context. :kilroy:

I am using the kneeboard Mathias. I follow every single step and when I push/pull the starter handle I get absolutely nothing. Not a sound and no attempt of prop spinning when I use the starter handle. The only way for me to start the engine is by CTRL+E.

some1
February 28th, 2009, 23:53
Martin, can you cold start other airplanes, like Acceleration Mustang for example? One time I had messed with my default flight (which is cold & dark Cessna) and set something in there that prevented some other aircraft from starting. Don't know what it was, maybe try mixure setting or some fuel valves configuration that is settable for Cessna, but unsettable from Fw190 VC.

SolarEagle
March 1st, 2009, 00:03
I can tell that modeling the gauges must have been one of the most enjoyable parts of this, as they're more detailed any I've ever seen. Quite remarkable actually.

doublecool
March 1st, 2009, 00:05
Well Done,,,been flyin her most of the day...Beautiful package with great customer service...:applause::applause::applause:

gajit
March 1st, 2009, 00:13
I am using the kneeboard Mathias. I follow every single step and when I push/pull the starter handle I get absolutely nothing. Not a sound and no attempt of prop spinning when I use the starter handle. The only way for me to start the engine is by CTRL+E.

Same here - I have even began with the default cessna shut down first then changed to the FW. I cannot even get the starter to make a noise with all electrics on and primed.

What does the starter brushes switch do?

Mathias
March 1st, 2009, 00:26

Sounds as if you either push the primer too often or not often enough.
It needs 10 -15 strokes, not more not less.

Mathias
March 1st, 2009, 00:29
What does the starter brushes switch do?

On the real plane it releases the starter brushes from the electrical starter motor to prevent it from damage when it's started manually with external battery and hand crank.
In FSX it's just eye candy.

gajit
March 1st, 2009, 00:32
I knew that you would Know!!

One thing I do find is that every time I first load the FW - starter smoke comes out as though it is already running - and it has engine shake in the VC - but the prop is not turning - could that be the issue?

Mathias
March 1st, 2009, 00:36

One thing I do find is that every time I first load the FW - starter smoke comes out as though it is already running - and it has engine shake in the VC - but the prop is not turning - could that be the issue?

I don't think that's the cause.
So far I believe it's the number of primer strokes.
It's got to be 10 - 15 strokes, not more not less.

gajit
March 1st, 2009, 00:44
I don't think that's the cause.
So far I believe it's the number of primer strokes.
It's got to be 10 - 15 strokes, not more not less.

That could be it - I get so impatient to fly your wonderful creation that I just do a few.

ICDP
March 1st, 2009, 00:49
That could be it - I get so impatient to fly your wonderful creation that I just do a few.

I loaded the default Cessna and was unable to do a manual start. In the end I had to go to my SF260 to get a manual start working. Once I switched to the Fw190 it has had no problems starting. Obviously one of the systems was off on my default flight and the Fw190 doesn't have this switch.

Thanks all.

Mathias
March 1st, 2009, 00:59
I loaded the default Cessna and was unable to do a manual start. In the end I had to go to my SF260 to get a manual start working. Once I switched to the Fw190 it has had no problems starting. Obviously one of the systems was of on my default flight and the Fw190 doesn't have this switch.

Thanks all.

Thanks, yes, that may be a possible cause, or the configuration of another third party aircraft in your default flight prevents the Fw190 from starting correctly. I see a similar behavious regularly when using planes from a certain other vendor.
It may help to reset the plane after loading. There is a key command for this in FSX that needs to be assigned.

Ian Warren
March 1st, 2009, 03:05

I was wondering when someone would mix it with a group off B17s , now that,s brilliant !

Mathias
March 1st, 2009, 03:40
I can tell that modeling the gauges must have been one of the most enjoyable parts of this, as they're more detailed any I've ever seen. Quite remarkable actually.

Thanks SE.
Actually yes, making the gauge visuals was the most fun part for me, beside capturing the external shape of the plane. You just gotta love that old fine mechanical stuff.
Here's a little preview of what's in the pipeline for the Bf110 and the late Fw190 variants. That's renders from within the design program.

http://www.classics-hangar.de/vorschau/afn2_08_aus.jpg

http://www.classics-hangar.de/vorschau/Drehzahl_FL_20286_03.jpg

RudiJG1
March 1st, 2009, 03:43
Incredible preview there, Mathias! Just beautiful.

Any chance the late variants of the Fw190 will include the Dora?

gajit
March 1st, 2009, 03:45
wow :kiss:

Roger
March 1st, 2009, 04:00
....It may help to reset the plane after loading. There is a key command for this in FSX that needs to be assigned.
Never knew there was a command for this in FsX!

Just found an unassigned entry for "Repair and refuel" in the controls menu. I used Tab/R as it is not used for anything else in FsX. Now every time I blow an engine I don't have to reset the flight however you do need to restart the engine, which for convenience (especially if your flying low) I used Ctrl/E:engel016:.

Mathias
March 1st, 2009, 04:37
Rog, there should also be another one.
I think it's "reload selected aircraft" on English machines.

RCAF_Gunner
March 1st, 2009, 06:53
Mathias, Alessandro and Gregory, I just picked up the Fw190 yesterday and wanted to congratulate you all on a wonderful job. I knew it'd be worth the wait. It's a beautiful piece of artwork and the labour of love shows.
:ernae:

For the starter issue, I found that using the primer was required to get the starter handle to cause any noise or attempt to start the engine ... but ... it still wouldn't kick over after repeated attempts with the handle. As a test, I increased the "normalized_starter_torque" on the A2 model to 0.3 (because that was the example given in the SDK) and then it started without problem. I didn't experiment with the value for the other models or lower a value for the A2 but I realize that's quite an increase from the original 0.019 value in the cfg file.

I also see the vibrating cockpit ~ even when the engine is off. There's something in the back of mind that says I've seen this before with an aircraft that was using a "head shaking" feature. Could be way off base there but that's what comes to mind.

I know you guys will get these small issues sorted. What a wonderful array of visual models and paint schemes. I can't wait for the late model Fw190s and the Bf110.

Cheers,
Rick

mike_cyul
March 1st, 2009, 07:04
Thanks SE.
Actually yes, making the gauge visuals was the most fun part for me, beside capturing the external shape of the plane. You just gotta love that old fine mechanical stuff.
Here's a little preview of what's in the pipeline for the Bf110 and the late Fw190 variants. That's renders from within the design program.

Just beautiful, pure art. :)

I have one little issue, in that the reticle doesn't seem right - or was it this way in FW-190's? (Hope someone else hasn't mentioned it already, don't have time to read entire thread right now!)

Mike

Roger
March 1st, 2009, 07:34
I believe there's an alternative texture for the reticule in Dx10?

RCAF_Gunner
March 1st, 2009, 07:35
For the starter issue, I found that using the primer was required to get the starter handle to cause any noise or attempt to start the engine ... but ... it still wouldn't kick over after repeated attempts with the handle. As a test, I increased the "normalized_starter_torque" on the A2 model to 0.3 (because that was the example given in the SDK) and then it started without problem. I didn't experiment with the value for the other models or lower a value for the A2 but I realize that's quite an increase from the original 0.019 value in the cfg file.

Well, just my luck... LOL!! :friday:

So, after posting what I learned about the starter torque value on the A2 I went to update the other cfg files. All the other cfg files are using the 0.3 value and start just fine as long as you flip the primer 10 times.

Cheers,
Rick

mike_cyul
March 1st, 2009, 07:44
I believe there's an alternative texture for the reticule in Dx10?

Would you happen to know where it is?

Mike

Mathias
March 1st, 2009, 07:54
Well, just my luck... LOL!! :friday:

So, after posting what I learned about the starter torque value on the A2 I went to update the other cfg files. All the other cfg files are using the 0.3 value and start just fine as long as you flip the primer 10 times.

Cheers,
Rick

Oups, so the A-2 slipped through, dang.
Great catch, Rick, thanks much!
I'll put it on the list for a patch. Thanks again.

Mathias
March 1st, 2009, 08:02
Would you happen to know where it is?

Mike

Mike, we just discovered this bug on some machines when running in DX10 preview mode.
A workaround is to flip the b/w colors in the recticule texture's alpha channel.
The bad news about this workaround: when reverting to DX9 you will see the same happen again.
I'll post an interims fix very soon and will be looking into a permanent fix.
Thanks for reporting.

Mathias
March 1st, 2009, 08:53
BTW, just came across this blog:

http://arnaud.mathis.free.fr/?p=532

http://arnaud.mathis.free.fr/FSX%20FW190%20Classics%20Hangar/

Seems a screenshot artist took care of our birdy. :applause:

Henry
March 1st, 2009, 08:54
It will out run my mossies:173go1:
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b327/henrybaker/064.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b327/henrybaker/065.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b327/henrybaker/071.jpg

Should be Banned :rapture:

LOL
Thanks Mathias
Excellent:applause::applause::applause:
H

Odie
March 1st, 2009, 09:27
Downloading now.......Screenshots look very good, everyone!

6297J
March 1st, 2009, 09:29
BTW, just came across this blog:

http://arnaud.mathis.free.fr/?p=532

http://arnaud.mathis.free.fr/FSX%20FW190%20Classics%20Hangar/

Seems a screenshot artist took care of our birdy. :applause:

Those are outstanding :faint:

harleyman
March 1st, 2009, 09:42
Only flew it for 10 minutes..but its outstanding and a real screamer..

Yes H...It will smoke a mossie I think....:friday:

Fireball6
March 1st, 2009, 09:50
I like it very much - it is absolut great to have so many different Pilots - very, very well done! Thanks alot Classics-Hangar-Team :ernae:
Dirk

Mathias
March 1st, 2009, 09:56
I like it very much - it is absolut great to have so many different Pilots - very, very well done! Thanks alot Classics-Hangar-Team :ernae:
Dirk

Thanks Dirk!
I was wondering how long it takes until someone notices. :cool::d

Nick C
March 1st, 2009, 10:11
So before I go to look at my bank account, is everybody happy? Also, did the textures without mips get released?

Yes I'm just too lazy to read back through the last 9 pages...I have dinner to cook OK? :engel016:

deimos256
March 1st, 2009, 10:13
So before I go to look at my bank account, is everybody happy? Also, did the textures without mips get released?

Yes I'm just too lazy to read back through the last 9 pages...I have dinner to cook OK? :engel016:

fixed textures were released like 2 days ago i think? If you like WW2 birds i feel its a must buy

MudMarine
March 1st, 2009, 10:27

I'm very, very happy! I think you will be also!

JorisVandenBerghe
March 1st, 2009, 10:33
Nick, take it from me; this package is bristling with quality and neat features. And the support is top...
Frames are excellent (even to me, and I'm running it on a computer of more than two years old!). The VC is magnificent. The repaints are beautiful and authentic...

So just get it, you won't regret it! To be honest; this is the best payware I bought in the last month. It looked so beautiful I bought it before going on to buy the Flight Replicas Cub (sorry Michael, that's scheduled for this week ;-)), and the Realflight Hellcat...which means enough in my opinion.

Boomer
March 1st, 2009, 11:14
Wonderful aircraft Nick!

Somewhere over the Eastern Front.

deimos256
March 1st, 2009, 11:46
I must say i also love the animation of the cooling fan, nice little touch

Henry
March 1st, 2009, 13:06
good one Mathias
a mossie defender :friday:
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b327/henrybaker/075.jpg
well im having fun :applause::applause::applause:
H

deimos256
March 1st, 2009, 14:27
I found an error and im wondering if anyone is experiencing this, its limited specifically to the 190a2, nothing else including the a2 with the outer cannons. On takeoff i encounter immense torque, so bad that the rudder and differential brakes cant counter it, if left unchecked itll throw the plane sideways, as i said the a1, a2mgff, a3, and a4 doesnt do this only the a2 model with the droptank, im going to scan the cfg file but is anyone else encountering this?

Barvan40
March 1st, 2009, 15:12
deimos256,

I am seeing the same thing. On the 190a2 the rudder is not working correctly, left or right, it barely moves and has very little effect. It works fine on the other models.

RudiJG1
March 1st, 2009, 15:15
While I haven't experienced anything to that degree, I have noticed a oddity related to prop pitch.

When I attempted my first take off in an A4, I was stuck by how anemic and low powered the aircraft was...I barely cleared the trees at the end of the runway. After several flights in this plane, I've now discovered the reason: the prop was essentially feathered, and to address this, I had to manually advance prop pitch in order to get the thrust needed for a clean take-off. Once that's done, take-offs are a breeze, and the plane is very responsive.

I thought these Antons were all equipped with the Kommandogerät, which among other things, controls prop pitch. I should mention that after manually setting prop pitch for take-off, it appears to be automated by the Kommandogerät once airborne.

Is this accurate? I'm wondering if some of the plane's systems aren't being set properly by FSX when initially loaded.

deimos256
March 1st, 2009, 15:34
i cant figure out if the rudder isnt working or the engine is over-torquing, the rudder is definitely moving but the plane swings violently to the left, its a shame too because i like a lot of the paints for that model, i compared the cfg files for the a2 and the a2_mgff and the numbers are almost verbatim so im at a loss

lucas81
March 1st, 2009, 15:38
Only early Bf109's (D-1, E-1 and E-3 and earlier) had manual prop pitch, but even those received the updated installation in the mid 1940. I am sure that the CH FW190 has constant speed propeller (well, in default, you have two options in the FS - constant speed prop or fixed pitch prop). I don't own this FW so I cannot help more.

Lucas

deimos256
March 1st, 2009, 16:00
Well after another flight its definately not the rudder, if i do manage to lift off i have an effective rudder control, its insane torque that yaws the plane and if i do manage to lift off i tend to stall and the torque manages to flip the plane 2 full revolutions before it slams into the ground

*edit* i tried a reinstall with the same result, horrendously exaggerated torque on takeoff with only the a2

Barvan40
March 1st, 2009, 17:18
Well after another flight its definately not the rudder, if i do manage to lift off i have an effective rudder control, its insane torque that yaws the plane and if i do manage to lift off i tend to stall and the torque manages to flip the plane 2 full revolutions before it slams into the ground.

Deimos,

It appears to be something in the air file. I copied the air file from the CH_Fw190A2_MGFF folder to the CH_Fw190A2 folder after renaming the original CH_Fw190A2 air file first to save it just in case.

That has fixed the crazy torque and made it possible to do a normal take-off.

deimos256
March 1st, 2009, 17:27
i guess ill do this as a stopgap fix, although its not significant, the mgffs change the weights around

UnknownGuest12
March 1st, 2009, 17:46
Just hate this thing about "politically correct".
If you want a historicaly correct texture you MUST have the swastika. Cannot understand why the separate download and option. We don´t like it but we cannot deny history. That will be a not so intelligent thing to do. It´s history Gentlemen, and I will never understand that small talk about "hurting feelings". It's History, it existed, it was completely wrong, but real. Can´t just deny or forget parts of it. For myself I will never buy a historically incorrect plane

Best regards

deimos256
March 1st, 2009, 17:59
This addon is distributed out of Germany where its flat out illegal to display such markings, research before you step onto your soapbox. The swastikas take all of 2 minutes to add anyways.

As for the A2 the .air file swap works great.

MudMarine
March 1st, 2009, 18:01
Just hate this thing about "politically correct".
If you want a historicaly correct texture you MUST have the swastika. Cannot understand why the separate download and option. We don´t like it but we cannot deny history. That will be a not so intelligent thing to do. It´s history Gentlemen, and I will never understand that small talk about "hurting feelings". It's History, it existed, it was completely wrong, but real. Can´t just deny or forget parts of it. For myself I will never buy a historically incorrect plane

Best regards

Simply it's against the law in Germany. And this is an OLD topic with many diffrent answers.

d0mokun
March 1st, 2009, 18:03
It's not a case of being 'politcally correct', it's a case of LAW.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strafgesetzbuch_%C2%A7_86a

deimos256
March 1st, 2009, 18:04
good one Mathias
a mossie defender :friday:
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b327/henrybaker/075.jpg
well im having fun :applause::applause::applause:
H

Im pretty sure i read somewhere that it was a pretty big no no to fly with the canopy open, however I could be wrong

SolarEagle
March 1st, 2009, 20:41
Well I've been flying around and I must say the flight modeling on this is really sweet. It's one that gives a real sense of riding on air, and it might be the most nimble and agile warbird I've flown. Flight models are one of those things where it either feels pleasing to me, or it does not. RealAir and A2A flight models are my favorite, although I think have to rank this one right up there with those two, as it is very enjoyable to fly.

I'm also in continual amazement of the model, textures and normals, as this thing is just as pleasing to look at as it is to fly. The 2048 resolution makes it look just striking, and the normals are about of the best I've ever seen. Plus the specular is just perfect for showing off the normals. All in all I'll name this to the top three warbirds available, along with the RealAir Spit and A2A Razorback. I'd even give it second place behind the Accu-sim Razorback, though that package is of course more expensive.

Just look at the fidelity here:

http://sio.midco.net/ftp6/fw190_1.jpg

SolarEagle
March 1st, 2009, 21:48
Oh, did I mention the gauges? Certainly these must be the most detailed and accurate gauges ever seen in FS. Would be a dream to see the whole VC made to the same fidelity as the guages, though I imagine that would hardly be practical for performance and dev time reasons. It's quite a treat to see even just the gauges modeled to this level.

http://sio.midco.net/ftp6/fw190_2.jpg

When I saw that red handle above, I figured that must be the handle you pull for booze, but then I realized it says Rumpflast, and not Rump Flask. :costumes:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2123/2269464369_d5bb38ecd0.jpg?v=0

Mathias
March 1st, 2009, 21:54
While I haven't experienced anything to that degree, I have noticed a oddity related to prop pitch.

When I attempted my first take off in an A4, I was stuck by how anemic and low powered the aircraft was...I barely cleared the trees at the end of the runway. After several flights in this plane, I've now discovered the reason: the prop was essentially feathered, and to address this, I had to manually advance prop pitch in order to get the thrust needed for a clean take-off. Once that's done, take-offs are a breeze, and the plane is very responsive.

I thought these Antons were all equipped with the Kommandogerät, which among other things, controls prop pitch. I should mention that after manually setting prop pitch for take-off, it appears to be automated by the Kommandogerät once airborne.

Is this accurate? I'm wondering if some of the plane's systems aren't being set properly by FSX when initially loaded.

Hello Rudi,

not much we can do if your user-saved default flight has the rpm set to idle.
Make sure that you boot off a saved flight that has the rpm set to max.
I've also answered this at our support forum.

Mathias
March 1st, 2009, 21:55
i cant figure out if the rudder isnt working or the engine is over-torquing, the rudder is definitely moving but the plane swings violently to the left, its a shame too because i like a lot of the paints for that model, i compared the cfg files for the a2 and the a2_mgff and the numbers are almost verbatim so im at a loss

I'll have a look at it today, deimos.

EDIT: We've located and eleminated the issue.
We'll make a patch available in the next days that adresses this one and the other things that have been reported.
Thanks for your input, guys!

SolarEagle
March 1st, 2009, 23:07
I had to go back in for one more round of shots. :jump:

http://sio.midco.net/ftp6/fw190_4.jpg

http://sio.midco.net/ftp6/fw190_3.jpg

gajit
March 1st, 2009, 23:17
I agree - the more you look the more you see fantastic modelling and texturing.

Im just hoping that the 110 will be the next out of their classic hangar.

Mathias
March 1st, 2009, 23:20
Cheers SolarEagle, great shots there! :wavey:

UnknownGuest12
March 2nd, 2009, 04:39
Ok, no need to be angry...just made a mistake out of ignorance or lack of memory...
Anyway, understand that designers must obey national law, although I consider it to be a wrong or stupid law regarding historical facts. Mathias, if I may ask, have your team try to get permission for this purpose ? What to do then when we see, for example in NG Magazine tv programs about historical nazi era? They can´t obliterate every symbol...whats the difference? Think German government should look at this matter.
Acept it if somekind of neonazis or anyone else, try to use nazy symbols for revivalist or political purposes.

Best regards

stovall
March 2nd, 2009, 04:55
Beaufighter, I do not want to carry this any further but the law regarding this in Germany is very important to the German people. It is part of their legacy to the world on how the German people feel about what happened in Germany before and during WWII. You can correct the issue easly by downloading and installing the two textues I have uploaded her at SOH. It is a simple fix. Remember do not put them into the non German variants.

Hope this helps, Tom

6297J
March 2nd, 2009, 05:36
Mathias are the videos still around somewhere? On the FW190 page on your site it mentions screenshots and videos but I can only see the screenshots. I want to hear the engine again while I'm saving my pennies :)

edit - found them in another thread (this is the one I wanted to see and hear again - http://www.classics-hangar.de/videos/fw190_inflight_2.wmv)

UnknownGuest12
March 2nd, 2009, 06:42
Stovall
So sorry about this. Never want to cause any kind of misunderstandings.
I understand perfectly your feelings and the law in Germany and hate as well the facts associated with this symbol in Germany.
I only mentioned history. Find it often in Roman mosaics during excavations, and it was just a geometric figure. Pity it was used for such an evil purpose.
So, again, sorry about that and matter closed, never as been a discussion.
Best regards.

Mathias
March 2nd, 2009, 06:56
Mathias are the videos still around somewhere? On the FW190 page on your site it mentions screenshots and videos but I can only see the screenshots. I want to hear the engine again while I'm saving my pennies :)

edit - found them in another thread (this is the one I wanted to see and hear again - http://www.classics-hangar.de/videos/fw190_inflight_2.wmv)

They are still on the server though I don't have an active link on the site as I was going to do some fresh stuff, just didn't find the time yet.
Here's the little video previews we made so far in the order of release.
not the cockpit vidoe is fairly old.

http://www.classics-hangar.de/videos/Fw190A2_promo_01_large.wmv

http://www.classics-hangar.de/videos/cockpit_wip_large.wmv

http://www.classics-hangar.de/videos/fw190_gyro.wmv

http://www.classics-hangar.de/videos/fw190_inflight_2.wmv

6297J
March 2nd, 2009, 07:05
Thanks Mathias. That will keep me going for a little while longer.
That engine sound is extraordinary :eek:

JorisVandenBerghe
March 2nd, 2009, 07:06
Is there anything related to make the tail wheel turn easier ? I'm having some difficulties to get the tail wheel to turn, even when pushing the stick fully forward. It might be joystick related, however. I'm using a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. And that's not what I'd call a brilliant joystick, hm ?

Mathias
March 2nd, 2009, 07:20
Is there anything related to make the tail wheel turn easier ? I'm having some difficulties to get the tail wheel to turn, even when pushing the stick fully forward. It might be joystick related, however. I'm using a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. And that's not what I'd call a brilliant joystick, hm ?

You can dissable the feature by editing the panel.cfg.
There's one to edited in each of the following aircraft:

CH_Fw190A1
CH_Fw190A2
CH_Fw190A3
CH_Fw190A4

Locate the virtual cockpit section:

[Vcockpit01]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=256,256
pixel_size=256,256
texture=$fw190vc1

gauge00=classics_hangar!Glock, 11,8,29,27
gauge01=classics_hangar!ch_light, 122,14,20,20
gauge02=classics_hangar!BMW801_C1, 88,16,20,20

Edit out the first gauge and edit the numbering sequenz of the other gauges so that reads like this:

[Vcockpit01]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=256,256
pixel_size=256,256
texture=$fw190vc1

//gauge00=classics_hangar!Glock, 11,8,29,27
gauge00=classics_hangar!ch_light, 122,14,20,20
gauge01=classics_hangar!BMW801_C1, 88,16,20,20

stovall
March 2nd, 2009, 07:41
Beaufighter, not a problem, my comment was meant to help people understand the legacy in Germany today. It has taken years since the end of WWII to develop and from what I can see the people of this great nation want to be sure the world knows they are serious about this.

Regards to you, Tom

SolarEagle
March 2nd, 2009, 17:45

But do you realize it shakes when the engine is OFF? If there's engine shake modeled into this why not have it stop when the engine stops?

Bomber_12th
March 2nd, 2009, 19:31
The shake does indeed happen when stationary on the ground, with the engine off. I believe the culprite is in one of the empty weight MOI's, which when set too low, this bouncing/shaking tendancy occurs, and the number should be increased, though I haven't had time to at all to experiment with it.

MudMarine
March 2nd, 2009, 20:00
I have a solution for the ground shaking........ take off and fly it!:whistle:

SolarEagle
March 2nd, 2009, 21:36
I had the sim paused today for a couple of hours with the window minimized, and when I came back the shaking was gone, even after I started the engine. After I reset the flight it came back.

alx
March 2nd, 2009, 23:59
Early Spring 1943. A foggy day in Russia...

http://www.italianwings.it/foto/fog.jpg

SolarEagle
March 3rd, 2009, 01:02
When you add 16xS supersampling to this it's more stunning an ever, although I was only using 8xS for the VC shots.

http://sio.midco.net/ftp6/fw190_6.jpg

http://sio.midco.net/ftp6/fw190_7.jpg

http://sio.midco.net/ftp6/fw190_9.jpg

http://sio.midco.net/ftp6/fw190_11.jpg

http://sio.midco.net/ftp6/fw190_13.jpg

http://sio.midco.net/ftp6/fw190_12.jpg

Mathias
March 3rd, 2009, 02:16
@ Alessandro: Hey, where did you hide this one? Why is not in the release package? :costumes:

SolarEagle, that's great shots!

alx
March 3rd, 2009, 02:25
@ Alessandro: Hey, where did you hide this one? Why is not in the release package? :costumes:

Hehe, I found controversial documents about this livery. According to Kagero the plane was painted white and then camouflaged with Grau 75. According to another source (I can't find it anymore) the white was a temporary paint applied to a standard 76/75/75 camo with heavy side mottling. I found the last more reasonable, but can't be sure.
We could anyway release this paint, stating that historical accuracy is not sure.
Opinion of the 190ers?

Epsillon
March 3rd, 2009, 02:54
The shake does indeed happen when stationary on the ground, with the engine off. I believe the culprite is in one of the empty weight MOI's, which when set too low, this bouncing/shaking tendancy occurs, and the number should be increased, though I haven't had time to at all to experiment with it.
John is right.
I tried to replace empty_weight_yaw_MOI by a higher value in Aircraft.cfg and it works.
Example for the A1:
empty_weight_yaw_MOI = 6548 -----> empty_weight_yaw_MOI = 13125

I'm not saying that I am right to do that because I have no idea what it is, this was only a test. Lower values don't work for me neither changing values for other empty weight MOI's.

I hope this helps...

Regards,

Stephan

Mathias
March 3rd, 2009, 03:16
Tweaking MOI may be a workaround, one should be aware though that it screws the airfile balancing.
If you check the .air file you will find that every table is actually in use with thoroughly calculated variables and has absolutely nothing in common with the usual glorified cessna stuff you get to fly in FSX.
I would for the moment ask to live with the little shaking until we found a permanent and more scientific solution for what we have tracked down to be an FSX bug since the FM work fine in FS9 and CFS3.

Epsillon
March 3rd, 2009, 03:45
Tweaking MOI may be a workaround, one should be aware though that it screws the airfile balancing.
If you check the .air file you will find that every table is actually in use with thoroughly calculated variables and has absolutely nothing in common with the usual glorified cessna stuff you get to fly in FSX.
I would for the moment ask to live with the little shaking until we found a permanent and more scientific solution for what we have tracked down to be an FSX bug since the FM work fine in FS9 and CFS3.
It was only a test and, of course, I did not retain this value in order not to distort the flight envelope...

Stephan

Epsillon
March 3rd, 2009, 03:51
To all the painters out there. Hope you like the included paintkit. Just a couple of days and you will have a (we hope pleasant) surprise.

Time!!! :costumes:
I can't wait to see what you have for us, Alx...;)

Stephan

Mathias
March 3rd, 2009, 04:08
It was only a test and, of course, I did not retain this value in order not to distort the flight envelope...

Stephan

Hehe, didn't mean to sound harsh, Stephan, so accept my appologies.
Actually I have to thank you for trying to solve the issue.
It's just that we feel pretty particular about our airfile work, or better, about AvHistory's airfile work.
I know it doesn't appeal to anyone right from the start since the feel may be a bit unusual at first but I'm sure it'll grow on ya'll.

alx
March 3rd, 2009, 04:15
Time!!! :costumes:
I can't wait to see what you have for us, Alx...;)

Stephan

Well, give a look here...

http://www.warbirdprofiles.com

and tell me what do you think....:rapture:

Epsillon
March 3rd, 2009, 04:54
Well, give a look here...

http://www.warbirdprofiles.com

and tell me what do you think....:rapture:
Those profiles are splendid!!!
Thanks a lot...:wave:

Stephan

alx
March 3rd, 2009, 05:32
Well, now no excuses. There is a good paintkit and a lot of colorful profiles.

We are waiting for a deluge of new repaints:running:

RCAF_Gunner
March 3rd, 2009, 07:53
Hehe, didn't mean to sound harsh, Stephan, so accept my appologies.
Actually I have to thank you for trying to solve the issue.
It's just that we feel pretty particular about our airfile work, or better, about AvHistory's airfile work.
I know it doesn't appeal to anyone right from the start since the feel may be a bit unusual at first but I'm sure it'll grow on ya'll.

Mathias,

One thing I observed while pondering this strange issue as well was when the engine is off, if I go to the fixed external view and line up the view looking at the aircraft from the tail, I can see the aircraft very slowly turning left or right while it sits at the end of the runway.

If you leave it long enough, it'll be offline with the runway's direction by several degrees but sometimes it starts moving in the other direction as well. I figured with the engine off it probably wasn't an gyro effect of the prop spinning, etc. Increasing the yaw's MOI also stopped it for me (still engine off) but I knew that would pork the fidelity of the flight model so it isn't a solution. It's almost as if the wind can turn the aircraft back and forth on the ground ever so slightly but enough that it causes the cockpit to "shake" and the plane to twist back and forth on the ground. I know Gregory will get it sorted. :engel016:

Cheers,
Rick

stovall
March 3rd, 2009, 08:14
alx, I started the ball rolling, I uploaded my desert paint last evening and it is ready this a.m. I have a second in production, red 21. More to come. Thanks for the great profiles, they give an almost endless souce of material.

Regards, Tom

Mathias
March 3rd, 2009, 08:32
Rick, thanks for the report.

Tom, great stuff, looking forward to it!

Mathias
March 3rd, 2009, 08:33
The installer is now updated to v 1.1.2.
Issues that have been discovered and adressed:

- gunsight recticule does not display correctly in DX 10 preview mode, solved
- manual engine start does not work on some A2 models, solved
- not enough rudder authority on some A2 models, solved
- a number of aircraft textures display wrong panel lines on top of inner wing gun blisters, solved
- Late none MGFF A4 models display an MGFF cannon from within interior view, solved

The service pack 1 "no mipmap textures" has also been updated to 1.a to implement the mentioned panel line fixes.

More info here:
http://www.classics-hangar.de/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=83

MudMarine
March 3rd, 2009, 08:59
It's still showing up as V 1.0 on my product page?

Mathias
March 3rd, 2009, 09:15
Working on it Mud, ya'll should get a notification in an hour or two.
Thanks.

stovall
March 3rd, 2009, 09:51
Wow, the update already, I will have to stop work on this version to download. What a great gift to us.

Regards, Tom

http://www.animal-clinic.com/FSX/Red21.jpg

MudMarine
March 3rd, 2009, 10:12
Wow, the update already, I will have to stop work on this version to download. What a great gift to us.

Regards, Tom

http://www.animal-clinic.com/FSX/Red21.jpg

Nice!! Red 21, one of my favortie WoP Fw190 paints!!:applause::jump:

MudMarine
March 3rd, 2009, 10:13
Working on it Mud, ya'll should get a notification in an hour or two.
Thanks.
Rgr!:wave:

gajit
March 3rd, 2009, 11:49
Hi Mathias

Thank you for being so prompt with the V1.1.2 upgrade. Great service:ernae:

Now off to stick all the swazies back on!!

alx
March 3rd, 2009, 12:15
The new Svastika tail decal made to best fit the V1.1.2 upgrade (small changes to alpha) is ready and waiting permission to be uploaded here at SOH.
Already available at FlightSim, Avsim and Simviation.

deimos256
March 3rd, 2009, 12:19
so this update is essentially a whole new installer? Meaning i have to uninstall 1.0 first?

Mathias
March 3rd, 2009, 12:22
so this update is essentially a whole new installer? Meaning i have to uninstall 1.0 first?

Yes, it's a complete new installer.
The new installer will just overwrite the old one and place an additional link "check for updates" into your start menu.
It's good practice though to uninstall old versions first me thinks :-)

deimos256
March 3rd, 2009, 12:25
excellent, and thanks for a fast response to some minor issues.

Fireball6
March 3rd, 2009, 13:07
Thanks for this great support - you did a fantastic job, Classics-Hangar-Team :applause:

Odie
March 3rd, 2009, 13:27
Downloading update now ! Many thanks to the Classic Hangar folks !:ernae:

stovall
March 3rd, 2009, 13:52
Thanks Mathias, everything looks good so far. Back to work on my projects. Regards, Tom

http://www.animal-clinic.com/FSX/JG2 7 Staffel.jpg

Mathias
March 3rd, 2009, 13:54
Thanks Mathias, everything looks good so far. Back to work on my projects. Regards, Tom

Great stuff Tom, keep em coming!

SolarEagle
March 3rd, 2009, 15:49
Here's a high resolution shot if anybody wants to see it in more detail before buying. This is my favorite livery. Looks much nicer to me without any yellow.

http://sio.midco.net/ftp6/fw190_12_large.jpg

RCAF_Gunner
March 3rd, 2009, 18:16
Having fun in the 190. Thanks for the new desert paint Tom. Here's a shot along with a couple others over the last couple of days. :woot:

Spilot69
March 3rd, 2009, 21:40
I am thinking of purchasing the a/c and want to know how she flies! How does it compare with a/c from Realair or A2A simulation? I am not too happy with hellcat from realflight, not to knock their product but it seems like a airfile thrown together, and want to make sure the a/c is not just a beautiful model without a great air file! So far only the Spitfire and the A2A simulation airplanes fly satisfactory to me compared to real world.

gajit
March 3rd, 2009, 22:32
I am thinking of purchasing the a/c and want to know how she flies! How does it compare with a/c from Realair or A2A simulation? I am not too happy with hellcat from realflight, not to knock their product but it seems like a airfile thrown together, and want to make sure the a/c is not just a beautiful model without a great air file! So far only the Spitfire and the A2A simulation airplanes fly satisfactory to me compared to real world.

Hi -Good question. the FW190 flys and feels right - just like the Realair and comparable to the A2A Jug and definately has the edge over the hellcat.

Im sure others will back me up on this one!!

Kiwikat
March 3rd, 2009, 22:38

I was wondering the exact same thing.

Hopefully during the day tomorrow others will have the chance to chime in with their opinion on the flight model. Please be completely honest about it though. Flight models are the most important part of the aircraft, yet it seems that they are the weakest point of the majority of addons.

gajit
March 3rd, 2009, 22:53
I was wondering the exact same thing.

Hopefully during the day tomorrow others will have the chance to chime in with their opinion on the flight model. Please be completely honest about it though. Flight models are the most important part of the aircraft, yet it seems that they are the weakest point of the majority of addons.

Agreed - the clue is that there are few complaints made about the FD here!!

Mathias
March 3rd, 2009, 23:10
This is an interesting vid that answers a question being asked earlier about slowing down the Fw190.
It's a real Stang but shows pretty good how our Fw190 acts, too.
Also note how the pilot uses just the rudder at low speed to roll the aircraft.
Try that with the Fw190,
should tell a bit about the quality of the FD's.:wiggle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK0AGh37rpg&feature=related

Mathias
March 4th, 2009, 00:22
Another one you can compare to how the Fw190 acts.
The technique will work with most warbirds to keep you in control during takeoff. Notice he slowly advances the throttle to 40" and waits until hitting 50mph before increasing it to 60".

Also on the pullup you can just see a slight touch of P-Factor yawing the nose.

Also note the reduction in power for climb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubWyTc7uHpQ&feature=related

SpaceWeevil
March 4th, 2009, 04:55

If you've read much about FW190s you'll already have an appreciation of how she should fly - fast, sensitive bordering on twitchy, responsive (especially in roll) and raring to go and kill something, including you if you take liberties. That's exactly how she does fly, quite exilharating. As for the Hellcat, she's right at the other end of the spectrum - big, heavy, rugged and stable, just the ticket for a precise approach to a tiny heaving deck. I wouldn't fancy my chances trying that in the FW190.