PDA

View Full Version : Who else does this - or sim(ular)?

gajit
February 26th, 2009, 11:11
Hi

My twice daily habit is this. Go to SOH - see what you guys have spotted. Then to Simmarket - to see if anything other than bleeping ships and boats has been put up. Then I currently check just in case:-

Classic Hangars for the FW190 - just in case Mud has missed it!!:wavey:
Carendo for the new arrow.
Sibwings for the Bird Dog.
FDS for the Jetstar.
Icarusgold for the first glimse of the Lysander.
Wilco for the long promsied update for the Tiltrotor.
Realair for the newly promised preview of the Duke.

Patrol over - by now FSX would have been running for first flight of the day.

What do you guys check for?

d0mokun
February 26th, 2009, 11:14
Pretty much the same here, lol.

Though I go through Reuters and the Daily Mail (for a look on the wild side) too. Force of habit I think.

gajit
February 26th, 2009, 11:21
Pretty much the same here, lol.

Though I go through Reuters and the Daily Mail (for a look on the wild side) too. Force of habit I think.

LOL - well yes - of course I do other stuff like that - I even have couple of dumps but i felt that was not nessicary to list!!!

chinookmark
February 26th, 2009, 11:24
Once daily I come here to find out what's new, after you guys have already done the legwork! :typing:

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
February 26th, 2009, 11:47
Funny you should mention that Lysander, its next , the Navajo is almost out the door and the Jetstar follows the Lysander , the MU2 is on the list and an F4U is in there somewhere.. also a really cool sport plane for ESDG .. the list is long , there is still a pile of Pipers for DreamFleet on the Hard Drive as well ... I gotta admit i drop by to see whats coming out next myself from the other developers.
Then i finish off by updating the other websites and get to work on the current project , i only do one at a time so i dont get all them mixed up, you guys spot small mistakes pretty quickly , i imagine you would notice lysander wings on a MU2 right off the bat.

Warrant
February 26th, 2009, 11:53
AS for their C-17 :jump:

6297J
February 26th, 2009, 11:57
I treat this place as a one stop shop these days. The other forums are like ghost towns in comparison.
I always think that anything new which is worth having will be reported here first and almost immediately.
Occasionally one of those commercial screenshots will tempt me into looking at a developers site but generally speaking, if it ain't listed in these forums, it ain't worth knowing about :typing:

Boomer
February 26th, 2009, 12:11
I used to do that but then went on the 12 step recovery program :costumes:

Now I just come here, I know one of ya'll will tell me whats latest & greatest.

SpaceWeevil
February 26th, 2009, 13:08
My OCD - here, WarbirdSim for the P-51B (now in final, final, FINAL testing for FSX?) A2A for any news of the the AccuSim Mustang, RealFlight for the first pics of the Bearcat, Aeroplane Heaven for anything on their Hurricane (hope it's better than the Mossie) and ANYWHERE for the faintest sniff of a Sea Fury for FSX, walk the dogs, play very loud music, sleep. Also a certain amount of going to work to pay for all this.

BOOM
February 26th, 2009, 15:31
I come here to check for the New F4U[not sure where else other than Milviz to look for that one]
-PMDG for an update on their new project
-Alpha Sim for the C-17
-RealFlight for the F8F
-FlyTampa for any new projects
-And now[Thanks to gajit:ernae:] FDS for The JetStar.

jimjones
February 27th, 2009, 02:54
AVSIM
Flightsim
SOH
SOH...

Naki
March 1st, 2009, 19:00
.. the list is long , there is still a pile of Pipers for DreamFleet on the Hard Drive as well ... I .

Are they likely to release any more GA aircraft?

With the exception of the DC-8 their web site seems dead in terms of new aircraft developments..I was really looking forward to the Piper Arrow IV but I haven't seen any new shots of it for at least a year.

My daily web round trip usually includes:

Dreamfleet - for new developments -not sure why I go here anymore -- out of habit I guess
Simforums - for new Flight 1 developments
Flight Global - real a/c news
NZFF -New Zealand Flight sim forums
Simflight - front page news & reviews
Avsim - as above plus new files
Flightsim.com - as above
..and here of course