PDA

View Full Version : fxs and th2go

ramdart74
February 26th, 2009, 08:58
i have th2go and just got fsx. i cant get fsx to work right. it starts off in window mode and when i switch it to full screen. sometimes when i bring up a mfd or atc panel the screen goes black for a sec. it aslo goes black when the weather updates. has anyone with th2go had this problem

jimcooper1
February 26th, 2009, 09:02
i have th2go and just got fsx. i cant get fsx to work right. it starts off in window mode and when i switch it to full screen. sometimes when i bring up a mfd or atc panel the while screen goes black for a sec. it aslo goes black when the weather updates. has anyone with th2go had this problem
What are your system specifications? In particular: CPU, RAM and GPU

Jim

harleyman
February 26th, 2009, 09:10
Read this post..Two of our members have the same set up..Perhaps they can shed some light on your problem....

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=10801

I do know one thing, what you are describing sounds like a PSU issue, as in maybe underpowered.. What are all your system specs including PSU...

And your driver info too for vid card...That problem sounds like you may be using ATI????? Are you?

ramdart74
February 26th, 2009, 10:19
i dont have problems running other games, ie rfactor, arca sim, cod. with th2go. just fsx
specs are
2 9800gt in sli, latest drivers
750w psu
intel 2 quad core. 2.6
xfx 780i mobo
8 gigs of ram
vista x64

harleyman
February 26th, 2009, 10:36
Have you set the in FSX screen resolutions on the hardware page???

ramdart74
February 26th, 2009, 10:53
yes i have. it seems to work good if i drag the window across all 3 screen, but in full screen mode is when it blanks out

harleyman
February 26th, 2009, 11:50
Might want to send those two guys in the above link and ask them if they would offer you some tips....

ramdart74
February 26th, 2009, 12:17
will do thx

navyjake
February 26th, 2009, 12:36
Ramdart74,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
I don't remember where I read this, but it was recommended not to run FSX in full screen mode with th2go. Some sort of compatibility issue, check the th2go support site. I run th2go and always stretch the screen over the three monitors essentially running FSX in windows mode, once I start a flight. Goes back to single screen after flight. Works perfectly with no issues. <o:p></o:p>

Flork
February 26th, 2009, 13:30
When I first purchased my TH2Go I stretched the window across all three screens. Seems when I reached a critical size it would cause an FSX fatal error.

Just recently I've had a few times when FSX will refuse to go into fullscreen mode, just shows the desktop with FSX available in the taskbar. Seems Matrox software switched my resolution on me. Try messing with the desktop resolution and see if that helps...

ramdart74
March 3rd, 2009, 07:24
finally found a fix for this. i turn of AA in the game. and in the nvida panel i put AA to X8. seems to of fix the screen from blanking out in full screen. my fps went up a little also.