PDA

View Full Version : PC requirements!

TuFun
April 21st, 2020, 14:38
https://msgpwebsites.azureedge.net/fsi/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Slide1.jpg

modelr
April 21st, 2020, 15:10
https://msgpwebsites.azureedge.net/fsi/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Slide1.jpg

Well, that leaves me out! MY Windows 10 upgraded to 1809 a few months ago, but absolutely will not update to 1903 0r 1909. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

My laptop is 1903, my wife's just finished going to 1903 a few days ago. My flightsim rig will not allow 1903 0r 1909 to install. Bummer. Guess I will be staying with P3Dv4.5 and v5 for now.

TuFun
April 21st, 2020, 17:07
Well, that leaves me out! MY Windows 10 upgraded to 1809 a few months ago, but absolutely will not update to 1903 0r 1909. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

My laptop is 1903, my wife's just finished going to 1903 a few days ago. My flightsim rig will not allow 1903 0r 1909 to install. Bummer. Guess I will be staying with P3Dv4.5 and v5 for now.

From what I've read that Windows 10 2004 update runs better on P3Dv5. It seems to handle the Vram better.

StormILM
April 21st, 2020, 18:17
I'm good on the Ideal Specs on all parameters and VR ready. I was initially worried about the server data flow but I have 120mbps net so I am plenty good to go. So I will be making the jump as soon as it comes out.

wombat666
April 21st, 2020, 21:14
Are we surprised that the latest and most annoying version of W10 is mandatory?
Not at all.
:banghead:

zswobbie1
April 21st, 2020, 23:25
Are we surprised that the latest and most annoying version of W10 is mandatory?
:banghead:

Not Really surprised at all. Microsoft & Asobo always said that the sim will be for Windows 10, and it is quite rare that any major developer is developing such an innovative sin for obsolete software. :jump:

wombat666
April 22nd, 2020, 05:24
Innovative SIN?
:devilish:

Joking aside, MS wants everything under the one platform.
Monopolies always aim for total control.
Not everyone wants or can operate that way, and while W7 might be 'obsolete' it seems to be capable enough for very many users.

I really don't want a PC that tries to mimic a smartphone, and I really hate the way W10 attempts to break my graphic programs.

Strange term 'obsolete', one might apply that term to my 'obsolete' 40+ year old flat 6 that can out run most current vehicles without breaking a sweat.................:devilish:

But I digress, I've yet to see any decent 'benefits' with W10 over W7, other than the 'smartphone' appeal to the Millennials.
Whatever floats yer boat.

magoo
April 22nd, 2020, 07:09
Whatever floats yer boat.
....They sure try hard to herd us all into Windows 10.

With retirement approaching I think it's just about time to buy back into a real world float plane. I understand that the graphic resolution, effects, and general physical dynamics may actually approach that of the upcoming Microsoft Flight Sim.

:running:

tiger1962
April 22nd, 2020, 08:32
The Windows 10 compatibility is merely a standby in case you're away from your XBox and want to play your sim on your Windows 10 smartphone or tablet while commuting for example. If you're serious about this sim, get an XBox.

MZee1960
April 22nd, 2020, 11:48
Bandwidth ? :upset: No subscribe, no sim, I guess ....

Dangerousdave26
April 22nd, 2020, 12:11
Believe it or not I believe I fit the requirements.

Dangerousdave26
April 22nd, 2020, 12:12

Minimum bandwidth 5mb

No other details at this time

Bomber_12th
April 22nd, 2020, 14:20
Thank you for the heads-up, Ted. Getting ever more anxious for this new sim to arrive when it's ready!

With regard to Windows10/Xbox, Microsoft/Asobo have said all along that their main focus was development of the sim for hardcore PC sim users, on the Windows10 platform, and that it is a true flight simulator, unlike MS Flight (in their own words). The development of the sim for Xbox is an extension off of the development for PC/Windows10, not the other way around. Asobo's own employees are using the sim all of the time, and they use it on PC's with joysticks and rudder pedals, etc., not Xbox controllers.

With regard to bandwidth requirements - in order to see the sim with all of the new, stunning real world graphics (based on satellite data, photogrammetry cities and vast AI-based autogen the world over), you'll need to have an active internet connection to connect to the Microsoft servers so as to have access to that over 2 petabytes of data (there's no other way of doing it). My understanding is that the speed of your internet connection and your frame rate determines how much and at what quality of scenery is actively displayed. You don't need an internet connection to use the sim, but the scenery will be more generic without it (like stock FSX/P3D type scenery, from what I've heard). Also, you can cash the downloaded scenery while you're flying on the internet connection, and then you can fly in that same area, with the same full-quality/detailed scenery, without being connected on the internet.

Daube
April 23rd, 2020, 00:26

No suscribe ? What do you mean ?

Dangerousdave26
April 23rd, 2020, 03:55

I didn't figure out that myself but I figured it was a question that still has not been answered.

rhumbaflappy
April 23rd, 2020, 05:52
Three observations:

You'll eventually want 8GB vram or more. Lots of stuff going on in the graphics card. Vram more important then speed. You can still get a fairly cheap AMD RX 580 in 8GB.

There is an offline mode for those with streaming issues. It will be much better than the FSX landclass/vector scenery.

The latest flight simulator in the series was always a showcase for the latest version of DirectX. I'm a bit surprised they are not forcing a DX12 version.

wombat666
April 23rd, 2020, 08:34

The question arises as to how one's ISP will handle the situation: does the bandwidth impact on allocated download quotas?

Ferry_vO
April 23rd, 2020, 10:58
150 GB HDD space..? Time to buy another SSD I guess!

As for the minimum specs: Try finding those for the original FsX.. :biggrin-new:

MZee1960
April 23rd, 2020, 20:01

What essentially may be happening is a new type of streaming service. Still awaiting clarification re all of the specifics, though.

Daube
April 24th, 2020, 00:31
That screenshot is only describing the *hardware* requirements to enjoy the sim.
It's not telling anything about subscriptions.
The bandwith number here indicates the minimum internet connection speed needed to enjoy the "online" mode of the sim scenery. And if you opt for precache mode, then this doesn't matter anymore.

modelr
April 25th, 2020, 10:08

EDIT: I was finally able to update my rig this morning! YAAAY!:jump::jump::jump:

Next week I'll try to update to the April2020 version.

n4gix
April 25th, 2020, 13:19
It's not telling anything about subscriptions.

What "subscriptions?" This was cleared up months ago that one will not need a subscription for access to the cloud streaming service if one buys the sim outright.

If one prefers, they can "rent" the sim via a monthly Gamepass subscription, and have access to any of the other software on offer from MS.

duktus
April 28th, 2020, 02:57
EDIT: I was finally able to update my rig this morning! YAAAY!:jump::jump::jump:

Next week I'll try to update to the April2020 version.

How did you do that.
I am still on V. 1809 and all attempts to update were in vain.