PDA

View Full Version : Orbx Releases YMML SP1

JayKae
February 26th, 2009, 02:29
Orbx has just released the SP1 for YMML! YMML SP1 is almost a completely new scenery built from the ground up apart from the original modeling and photoreal ground textures. Here’s a brief list of what you will find enhanced in this new version:
• Introduction of fully SDK compliant FSX Ground polygons, including custom environmental effects supporting rain effects and high resolution detail maps
• Precision approach runway centre lights to closely replicate the actual lighting systems. All taxiway lights have been hand placed for more refined alignment
• Update of airport layout to include the new taxiway V, and the dual taxiway system between concourse E and F
• Addition of the new terminal structure in the International Terminal and the currently under construction new T2 Extension which extends out towards the main runway
• Much improved APX (AFCAD) with finer parking spot alignment and full support of crosswind runways allowing for simultaneous operations on runways 09/27 and 16/34
• Addition of remainder of the landside office precinct buildings
• Full perimeter fencing and new grass edging along taxiways and runways
• Reworked maintenance area with additional buildings and improved night lighting
• Enhanced and more efficient 15cm and 1m Photoreal which speeds up loading times and withstands blurries much more robustly, not to mention being over 300MB smaller.
• Improved texture and LOD usage across the scenery aiming to improve performance and texture loading time
• Scenery density layers have been updated to spread the scenery load to help lower end users to tune the scenery to there system
• Autogen trees are more prevalent to improve performance over hand placed tree objects
• Addition of more MAGS signs to guide you to your runway or gate
• Nose In Guidance lights (NIGS) included at all gates for which the system is deployed
To get your version updated log back into your account at http://flightsimstore.com

Thought you guys might want the HU :)

JT8D-9A
February 26th, 2009, 03:35
Wow, cool, thanks!

EDIT: Thanks again, also for the great OZX freeware! The details are really fantastic! Of course the details have their price but it looks simply stunning.

JayKae
February 26th, 2009, 10:22
No worries mate, glad you are enjoying it :)

limjack
February 26th, 2009, 11:06
I have my Eye on this package and might have to get. Nice shots. Someday I have to go to Melbourne and visit but this add on might be the closest I can get for awhile.

Jim

JoeW
February 26th, 2009, 11:42
I went to the site that Avsim had in the article, Filled out the form to be a member? and couldn't get in. Left and went to another site and came back and tryed to get in, No dice, I filled out the form again and still couldn't get in. I clicked on the "Contact Us" and had to register again and still couldn't get in.

Who needs it? I never did get in to see it.

JayKae
February 26th, 2009, 21:30
Hey mate,

I have forwarded this to Adrian who runs the FlightSimStore, help is on the way, sorry about your trouble :( Pls be patient, it will be sorted out... quick one for you though, you are not on AOL by any chance are ya ?

JoeW
February 27th, 2009, 00:19
Comcast
I don't think I want anything there anyway. The security should be on the other end not on the end that people just go to look. I can imagine that you lost a lot of sales from this.

AusFlightSim
February 27th, 2009, 01:57
I went to the site that Avsim had in the article, Filled out the form to be a member? and couldn't get in. Left and went to another site and came back and tryed to get in, No dice, I filled out the form again and still couldn't get in. I clicked on the "Contact Us" and had to register again and still couldn't get in.

Who needs it? I never did get in to see it.

Hi Joe,

Was the site you were registering at The FlightSim Store or are you referring to the Orbx forums? If it was The FlightSim Store let me know and we can try to assist you further.

JayKae
February 27th, 2009, 02:55
Hmmm no not really Joe because you do not have to register anywhere on our sites just to be able to have a look, so can you tell me the link you are referring to please?

EDIT I see what happened, AVSIM put up a link that is probably owned by one of their reviewers which is an inside link for that person to get to their stuff. AVSIM mucked up there, I shall try to get it corrected :(

http://flightsimstore.com mate and just look for YMML or click this link http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=702

datter
February 27th, 2009, 07:32
I've seen all the vids and screenshots of all the OrbX stuff and while it looks terrific, it scares me a bit. I finally have FSX running nicely with GEX,UTX and all that and I keep hearing that there are conflicts. I'm scared I tell ya.

gera
February 27th, 2009, 07:38
I've seen all the vids and screenshots of all the OrbX stuff and while it looks terrific, it scares me a bit. I finally have FSX running nicely with GEX,UTX and all that and I keep hearing that there are conflicts. I'm scared I tell ya.

OrbX products are the "best" scenery addons you can get for FSX today. I have most of them and I have had NO conflicts with anything and I have a bunch of stuff!!!!....once you try them you will want more and more....I never flew in Australia until I used them, now I fly there many times a week, just great!!!!:amen:

PS, I also use GEX, UTXE,UTXUSA,UTXCanada, Cloud9 and others....no problema amigo!!!!

datter
February 27th, 2009, 08:12
ok, well that's a bit encouraging but I'm stil scared. I was reading the forums over there and seeing people complaining about roof textures being messed up (globally) and other things. One fellow even said he completely lost the Gulf of Mexico after installing FTX for some reason. :faint:I'm too scared to even try the freeware, but maybe I'll read up on it all a bit more.

JayKae
February 27th, 2009, 11:54
No reason to be scared, if you have a problem you will get help on the Orbx forums, that is our solemn promise and your problem will be fixed IF you have one.