PDA

View Full Version : Cockpit Shaking

MSW
February 25th, 2009, 19:01
Is there anything out there that can add/enhance cockpit shaking (or head shaking) in FSX so that it is more active?

Mike

harleyman
February 25th, 2009, 19:20
If you ever find out please let me know...to me this is the most unrealiastic part of FSX...

Planes bounce,shake,vibrate,rattle...And screech the tires much louded on touch down...

Nonno
February 25th, 2009, 19:22
Try this on for size :applause:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTuFcic3sFY

Marvin Carter
February 25th, 2009, 19:34
There was a freeware 152 that had some shake in it, but was for FS9. It would be cool to have it in the sim!!!

Marvin Carter

N2056
February 25th, 2009, 19:36
Actually, based on what I have experienced in the real world I think that the shifting around in that video is exaggerated, or there was a whole lot of turbulence that day!

I have found that most of the shaking you get is on the ground, while the engine is idling or running in the lower RPM ranges. Gauge needles jump a lot sometimes. That would be a fun thing to capture in a model :d

Yes, that 152 was awfully well done

harleyman
February 25th, 2009, 19:39
There was a freeware 152 that had some shake in it, but was for FS9. It would be cool to have it in the sim!!!

Marvin Carter

Thats what I'm talking about...The added sounds were made from the MS train Sim sounds.....

Pepere
February 25th, 2009, 19:39
You can change your head movement by editing "DynamicHeadMovement" in your FSX.cfg.

David :kilroy:

harleyman
February 25th, 2009, 20:06
Bobble-Headed Pilot....LOL :friday:

Major_Spittle
February 25th, 2009, 20:46
Just bounce your head around while looking at the monitor.

jmig
February 26th, 2009, 04:41
I have a Base Shaker attached to the bottom of my ejection seat. It is driven by a 25 watt low pass amp. I can set the gain and the Hz of the pass filter.

That thing will make you believe you are in a real aircraft. The feel of those big radials or going into AB in something like the F-105 is amazing for the reality factor.

harleyman
February 26th, 2009, 05:12
I have a Base Shaker attached to the bottom of my ejection seat. It is driven by a 25 watt low pass amp. I can set the gain and the Hz of the pass filter.

That thing will make you believe you are in a real aircraft. The feel of those big radials or going into AB in something like the F-105 is amazing for the reality factor.

Cool..Pack it up and send it my way please........:ernae:

MCDesigns
February 26th, 2009, 05:22

Sweet! I think it's time for an SOH roadtrip to Lafayette :monkies: :amen:

spotlope
February 26th, 2009, 07:11
Road trip! :woot:

Navy Chief
February 26th, 2009, 07:15
I seem to recall a fs video /camera view software that is being tested now. There was a video about it too, but I can't remember the name of the software. The effect was the shaking this post is about.

NC

Bjoern
February 26th, 2009, 09:08
Sweet! I think it's time for an SOH roadtrip to Lafayette :monkies: :amen:

I'm in, as long as anyone pays my plane ticket. :costumes:

Navy Chief
February 26th, 2009, 11:25
This is the thread I was referring to:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=8627&highlight=camera

and some videos

UJTYhUjzvi0

5sfUv-iJCdA

The addon is supposed to be available this coming summer (payware). I emailed the creator, asking for updated information, if possible.

NC

harleyman
February 26th, 2009, 11:47
This is the thread I was referring to:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=8627&highlight=camera

and some videos

UJTYhUjzvi0

5sfUv-iJCdA

The addon is supposed to be available this coming summer (payware). I emailed the creator, asking for updated information, if possible.

NC

That is just awsome...Couple that with some addon sounds and I'll never leave this chair....:applause: