PDA

View Full Version : Need help with sound file

Wing Nut
February 25th, 2009, 16:16
It all started when I bought the ASA P47/Accusim. Was having problems with my Creative sound card and and tried deleting it with Add/Remove. I also inadvertantly deleted a file called "Sound font bank" thinking it was part of the Creative package. After reinstalling my sound card I had no sound. I think it was because of the Sound font bank that I removed. I figure it was part of Win/XP. Could not use system restore.

If it's possible could someone please post this "Sound font bank" so that I may restore it to my system.

Thanks

harleyman
February 25th, 2009, 19:40
Let me see if I can find it wingnut.......I have XP too......

harleyman
February 25th, 2009, 19:45
Struck out with windows search...Anyone know where it might be hidden?

Can you restore it from the trash can? Still looking...Google says its a manager addon for Creative sound cards .Its a manager for sound files ..Something like that

Wing Nut
February 25th, 2009, 20:42
You know what guys ...
This almost enough to make me turn to religeon.

After multiple uninstalls and reinstalls of my sound card, searching through deleted files, hopefully checking the recycled bin, ... my sound has reappeared.

Dont know whats going on but if you guys had anything to do with it I'm eternally greatful.

Thank you.

harleyman
February 26th, 2009, 05:31
I just dislike Creative for that very reason..If its working its nice...But if its broke its murder...

We just send good vibes your way is all...LOL

Glad its going now.....:applause:

hanger
February 26th, 2009, 12:28
soundfont program and soundfont bank

"CREATIVE" files are called soundfonts and the program for soundfonts is called "soundfont manager"
and bank refers to collection of files.

but i have no "creative" nor files of the above

sorry