PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Sim A-90 Orlenok Conversion coming soon!

OBIO
October 9th, 2008, 18:12
Amongst the many projects that I have been working on for a while is a conversion of the A-90 Orlenok that Alpha Sim released as freeware a while back. Big, monstrously big amphibious jet cargo/assault craft. Ugly...but strikingly beautiful at the same time. This plane was kept a secret from the West for many years by keeping it covered, being very careful about when and where it was flown. The wings on the plane were used in an odd fashion when on the water....the wings became part of the stabilizing structure....it is called Wing on Ground Effect...

The plane has some pretty neat animation...the nose cone pivots to the right (set to canopy command) and a set of loading ramps unfold and extend from the cargo bay (set to Extend Concorde Nose/Visor and Retract Concord Nose/Visor).

I finally got the contact points pretty much in line and have the wheels sitting on the ground well enough that few will have a serious problem with it....not perfect but close enough for government work. Have a sound pack put together for the plane....turbo prop on the tail section and two jets in the nose section...odd engine arrangement.

Right now I am trying to dial in the air file...the plane stalls and falls like a 2 ton anvil...makes landing very very hard.

Then need to regauge the 2D and VC panels.

For a huge plane that is not Multi-lod and that is as detailed as this one is, it is yeilding some very impressive frame rates. In free flight, external view...I am clocking upwards of 80 FPS. In VC view, that jumps to around 150 to 180 FPS.

OBIO

I also have the SU-47 Berkut converted for the most part...need to regauge the 2D and VC panels. It flies sweet and looks super cool. Also found a new skin for it as well.

ArgVega
November 6th, 2008, 08:16
Hi there OBIO i am new to this forum and new to CFS2, but i hve been modding games for a while especially EA sports games. I have a fair bit experience with model edditing and texture mapping, and i have been researching about CFS2 and its tools to edit.. It seemed to me like u had alot of projects, and i was wondering if i could help with any of them especially the SU-47! I can do anything like modeling, dp, panels, or anything really i'm a fast learner and pretty good researcher. please e-mail me if i can help. thanks

E-mail deleted by the moderator for security. Please use private messages to send e-mail addresses. This will help keep your computers virus free.

hewman100
November 7th, 2008, 02:19
Welcome to the Outhouse Arg.

Just a quick warning: at least down here in the Basement we deem it dangerous to put e-mail addresses up in the forum just in case some nefarious individuals are lurking after them. PMs are thought be much safer.

Enjoy yourself here. We're a good bunch. It's also great to hear that a newbie is willing to dive in at the 'deep end' so to speak and get right down to modelling and stuff.

Any questions, don't be afraid to ask as someone will soon be able to give you an answer!:wavey:

Jagdflieger
November 7th, 2008, 06:31
Argvega,

Welcome to the Outhouse! If you enjoy modding and playing with aeroplanes, you'll love it here.

ArgVega
November 7th, 2008, 07:52
Thanks very much for the welcome guys and i'm looking forward to modding in a such a nice forum, i've already started my first project and should have some updates soon..