PDA

View Full Version : Feb 27th dev.update !

Javis
February 28th, 2020, 09:45
This should make your weekend. Sure does mine ! (second shot by Icone32 is my fav atm.Do click 'em!) You also might want to click 'previous article' at the bottom. I kinda missed those..

https://www.flightsimulator.com/february-27th-2020-development-update/

Holy Mother Of All Flightsims!! is all i can say. :dizzy:

cheers,
jan

Moses03
February 28th, 2020, 11:20
I am excited too. Beyond that, have noticed that the autogen trees seem very tall in some areas.

In this screenshot compared to the houses in the subdivision, the trees tower above them. Maybe it's the Pacific NW and these are common 100' fir trees...

SkippyBing
February 28th, 2020, 12:12
I am excited too. Beyond that, have noticed that the autogen trees seem very tall in some areas.

In this screenshot compared to the houses in the subdivision, the trees tower above them. Maybe it's the Pacific NW and these are common 100' fir trees...

Are those 3D buildings or just ground polys? Might explain the giant trees! Although they're still a block tall*.

*I'm British, literally no idea how big a block is.

Javis
February 28th, 2020, 17:19
Trees can grow as high as 400 feet (California redwood stands 379 feet), say a building storey is around 10 feet and the high building in the shot is say 20 storey's ?... that's about 200 feet. Makes the trees look only of average height..

Sundog
February 29th, 2020, 18:10
I've noticed in most of the shots, the trees all look like fir trees, IMHO.

Javis
March 1st, 2020, 08:05
I've tried to determine exactly what airfield that TBM is approaching so we can have a look round there for real. Failed.. I'm guessing Califirnia ? Anybody knows ?...

Mach3DS
March 2nd, 2020, 08:40
If that is the PNW, then those trees are correct height. Welcome to the land of 90 foot trees...

PRB
March 2nd, 2020, 15:36
Everything I have seen about this sim is exciting. Weather, aerodynamics, scenery, airports. When these videos first started coming out I was worried that the impressive scenery was just that "photo-real" (photo-flat) stuff, which only looks good if you don't get too close to it. That clearly is not the case here. I'm planning a new computer for this sim, if my current one doesn't cut it. My interest in flight simming has waned a bit over the past couple years. This sim just might re-ignite it...

n4gix
March 4th, 2020, 09:52
If that is the PNW, then those trees are correct height. Welcome to the land of 90 foot trees...

That is KMIA runway 24 approach in the upper right corner. The trees are conifers and are certainly not native to south Florida. Asobo is aware of the "tree problem" and will eventually tweak their AI to do a better job.

Javis
March 4th, 2020, 22:58
Thanks, Bill, nice to know! You mean 27, right ? (KMIA has no rwy 24 ?....)

The tall building is there alright, Starlight Suits at River Oaks, i was about spot on with my estimate of 20 stories.:smile:

Dangerousdave26
March 5th, 2020, 01:46
I think I can over look the non native invasive species in the simulator.

:biggrin-new:

That is KMIA runway 24 approach in the upper right corner. The trees are conifers and are certainly not native to south Florida. Asobo is aware of the "tree problem" and will eventually tweak their AI to do a better job.

Moses03
March 5th, 2020, 06:33
Yes, I am confident they will address the extremely tall invasive conifers in South Florida.

The focus should really be on the microburst storm in the distance.

n4gix
March 5th, 2020, 08:37
Thanks, Bill, nice to know! You mean 27, right ? (KMIA has no rwy 24 ?....)

The tall building is there alright, Starlight Suits at River Oaks, i was about spot on with my estimate of 20 stories.:smile:

Yes, my old clumsy fingers don't work so well these days. Rwy 27 indeed is what I meant... :dizzy:

Javis
March 6th, 2020, 03:03
No worries, Bill, you know which airport it is, that's more important. Thanks again ! :cool: