PDA

View Full Version : Haguenau scenery for FS9

ian elliot
February 16th, 2020, 09:40
Haguenau in France, 15 miles north of Strasbourg and close to the German border.
Originally an airfield used by the French army, seized by the Germans in 1940 and developed
into a night fighter airfield until late 1944. Although ideally placed for NF operation's, it was heavily attacked 3 time's by the allies, 2 daylight raids by the USAAF 8TH, and a particularly devastating lowlevel attack by P47 Thunderbolts in the spring of 44

This is a rather basic airfield, as i didnt have much to go on, just hangers and a few vehicles, figured i'd let you guys play with it.
A suprisingly short runway at 2700ft, which i double check'd , i struggle to take of with a fully fuelled-up Me 110, but it work'd for them :-)

There is a traffic file included using Groundcrew's FS9 BF-110 G4----
http://www.mrjmaint.com/RegsHanger/Groundcrew/homepage/FS2004%20Planes/Ground%20Crew%20Design%20FS2004%20Planes.php
Im using this as a static, there's no movement, but it is a model with the right unit markings for Haguenau

The only objects you'll need is---
Wolfi_Obj_lib.zip, JD's conversion of Wolfi's CFS2 objects.

huub vink
February 16th, 2020, 11:32
Thanks again Ian. Finally I get some room for my virtual Luftwaffe :biggrin-new:

Cheers,
Huub

Shessi
February 16th, 2020, 12:05
Thanks again Ian. Finally I get some room for my virtual Luftwaffe :biggrin-new:

Cheers,
Huub

Didn't a fat German bloke say that some 80 years ago?......:icon37:...

Many thanks Ian, again great for choice and airfield hoping and mission building.

Cheers

Shessi

huub vink
February 16th, 2020, 13:02
Didn't a fat German bloke say that some 80 years ago?......:icon37:...

Many thanks Ian, again great for choice and airfield hoping and mission building.

Cheers

Shessi

Do you mean a certain "Herr Meyer?" :biggrin-new:

Cheer,
Huub

michaelvader
February 16th, 2020, 16:57
Hallo Ian,
at first thank you a lot for this new airfield.
I was astonished that even there where nightfighters there, that the airfield had any navaids.
But there was a permanent light for the runway ENE - WSW.
In the zip is the afcad file and some info for german airfields
Thank you again
Yours
Papi

michaelvader
February 16th, 2020, 17:01
"Wenn je ein englischer Bomber über Berlin erscheint will ich Meier heissen."
Tja und dann hiess er eben Meier
Durch die Luefte peest er, Herman heest er
Yours
Papi

huub vink
February 17th, 2020, 01:12
Genau Papi! :biggrin-new:.

And thank you for the document on the German airfields :encouragement:

When I was in the Air Force, the Netherlands still had 11 military airfields. And nearly all of them were developed by the Germans is WWII. This was a bit ridiculous for a small country like the Netherlands. Wwhen I was stationed at Ypenburg (Flugplatz Den Haag) near The Hague, I could see the aircraft take of from NAS Valkenburg (Fliegerhorst Katwijk) (roughly 13.5 km/8.3 miles in a straight line).

Cheers,
Huub