PDA

View Full Version : Fully Updated P-61 Black Widow by Oglivie!

Jagdflieger
February 25th, 2009, 06:56
Oglivie's fully updated P-61 Black widow is up and ready to download!

Thanks Oglivie!

olaf1924
February 25th, 2009, 07:13
Downloading now:applause::ernae::applause:

Rami
February 25th, 2009, 07:25
Outstanding! Thanks, Oglivie! :ernae:

hellcat44
February 25th, 2009, 08:01
Truly outstanding....

miamieagle
February 25th, 2009, 08:22
Thank you!:wavey:

Shadow Wolf 07
February 25th, 2009, 12:11
Outstanding work and one heck of a variety! Thank you. :wavey:

Oglivie
February 25th, 2009, 12:52
Thanks Jagd and everyone for interest in the project!

I'm going to give my old eyeballs a rest for a while.....eye strain was a dang culprit sometimes working with those pixels, and codes, and...and....:icon_lol:....I goofed on a filename so....

I PM'd Douglas to request a filename change: fdgp61_3_commom.zip should be fdgp61_3_common.zip

Cheers,
O

Sopwith Chameleon
February 25th, 2009, 14:24
Splendid piece of work - thanks you very much - the effort you put in really shows......................

:medals::medals::medals:

hellcat44
February 25th, 2009, 15:07
Again Oglivie...great job...thanks much!
Even with tactical, hunting at night is challenging...never got sight, except on radar, of the Betty that got me.

Oglivie
February 25th, 2009, 15:21
Even with tactical hunting at night is challenging...never got sight, except on radar, of the Betty that got me.

I was wondering if the exhaust glow would be something to add to the bombers, and how visable it would be at night in CFS2. Most aircraft specializing in night flying had suppressors for the exhaust glow. However, exhaust flame effect could be added to the bomber in an extra section in the DP file. I'll have to try it out and see if it is feesible.

P.S. I'll check it out tomorrow and get an upload together for the Betty DP file (if it works out). I practiced mostly against the Ki-48 (at Netwings by Kirk, I think). It is an easier target, it doesn't have that 20mm howitzer in its tail. The Betty would definately be more challenging to knock down.

Oglivie
February 25th, 2009, 16:20
Splendid piece of work - thanks you very much - the effort you put in really shows......................

:medals::medals::medals:

:welcome:
I'm glad you like 'er.

OBIO
February 25th, 2009, 18:59
Oglivie

I have the packs downloaded, the planes put together. Have not dropped them into CFS2 yet, but really looking forward to doing so. I have dropped one of them into FS2004 in an effort to answer a question about the plane in that forum....and yes...the planes work in FS2004...going to need some tweaking here and there in terms of lights and such stuff.

Oglivie...you did an amazing job with this project. A Grade AAAAAA endeavor from beginning to end. The selection of skins, model variants...more than I anticipated. Very very splendid work.

OBIO

Shessi
February 26th, 2009, 01:39
A great job there O! :applause: :woot:

Absolutely a fantastic all-round achievement, many thanks for all the effort.

:ernae: Shessi

P.S Oglivie:- ''I was wondering if the exhaust glow would be something to add to the bombers, and how visable it would be at night in CFS2. Most aircraft specializing in night flying had suppressors for the exhaust glow. However, exhaust flame effect could be added to the bomber in an extra section in the DP file. I'll have to try it out and see if it is feesible.

P.S. I'll check it out tomorrow and get an upload together for the Betty DP file (if it works out). I practiced mostly against the Ki-48 (at Netwings by Kirk, I think). It is an easier target, it doesn't have that 20mm howitzer in its tail. The Betty would definately be more challenging to knock down.''

Unfortunately DP effects only show up in player mode eg. exhaust effects won't show when used on a target ac....:frown:

Shessi

erufle
February 26th, 2009, 05:14
Love the widder. This is a must have for me. Thanks Oglivie. :ernae:

Tango_Romeo
February 26th, 2009, 09:27
One of many needed updates done! :applause:

Moparmike
February 26th, 2009, 12:38
Very nice job Oglivie!

I've even had a couple report that your update is much more usable in FS9 than our original version (the old way of multi-res just looked like garbage in FS2002 and worse in FS9). I
'll have to give it a try in there too. Time to revisit the old gal again.

Bill would be proud!!! (I hope he's still lurking about somewhere and sees the update.)

Wulf190
February 26th, 2009, 12:46
I's nice to have the FDG P-61 back in my hanger again. This time it's gonna stay.

OBIO
February 26th, 2009, 14:05
Had the Widow in the air last night for some QC time.....the final score was Widow 23, Zeros 1. The only death I had was due to a collision with a Zero...I got in too close before I pulled the trigger and slammed into the Zero as I was blowing it to bits.

The plane flies great, looks great, the payload selection is superbly thought out.

OBIO

dog1
February 26th, 2009, 14:28
you can fly her out of the new marianas b29 bases as well and sounds great fitted with the A20 sound pack
dog1

Oglivie
February 26th, 2009, 18:06
Unfortunately DP effects only show up in player mode eg. exhaust effects won't show when used on a target ac....:frown:

Shessi, you're right about the DAP gauge effects, but I humbly beg the differ sir for the DP entry since it seemed to work (unless I missed somthin, which is quite possible) for the non-player aircraft, as well as the player aircraft.

I used Stuart Green's Betty for testing -- all of the exhaust effects I used seemed a bit faint, so I modified a stock fx_mzlflsh_m.fx file for the exhaust effect, naming it to fx_night_exh.fx and adding the extra sections to the DP file.

DP entries:

[EXTRA.0]
location=3.27, 0.498, 2.35
effect=fx_night_exh

[EXTRA.1]
location=-3.27, 0.498, 2.35
effect=fx_night_exh

[EXTRA.2]
location=2.625, 0.498, 2.35
effect=fx_night_exh

[EXTRA.3]
location=-2.625, 0.498, 2.35
effect=fx_night_exh

Below is a pic of a plane in a flight of three. They all had the effect displayed (but dang difficult to get a screen shot, so I settled for one). This effect may or may not be suitable enough for night interdiction (since I haven't really tested it but a few times, and maybe could use more tweaks), but you can give it a try if you like.

hellcat44
February 26th, 2009, 18:23
I bet it'll help....in QC (bomber intercept) I've been close enough to Bettys at times to hear their engines yet unable to spot them,,, but then I'm not flying a clear night sky either.

man what a difference....great idea! :ernae:

hellcat44
February 26th, 2009, 20:40
:friday: I was still able to edit this post...lightened it up....hopefully to show how Betty's exhaust can be picked up a long way off in the black of the black.

bearcat241
February 26th, 2009, 23:02
:help:...guys, you have to stop posting these night shots please. They're just blacked out nothings with maybe a few spots of light where i guess something is supposed to be. I'm sure they look fine on your computers, but they show nothing but black as forum attachments.

hellcat44
February 27th, 2009, 02:30
Maybe it's your computer BC :costumes:, some computers, or 99.99% of all computers. I can distinctly make out the Betty in Oglivie's shot....but then maybe mine are black to him. Bummer.

bearcat241
February 27th, 2009, 06:19
Thanks, that's much better Hellcat...

Wow...with that kind of visibility, it looks like we're gonna need exhaust covers or flame suppressors to maintain our night stealth. :icon_lol:

DauntlessDriver546
February 27th, 2009, 06:26
Golly, what an ugly-lookin' plane! But Oglivie just sold me on it... gotta get it, and then it's back to the Texan for night gunnery training before I go out on missions.

BTW, there IS a P-61 being restored to fly... :woot: ... have a look here....http://www.maam.org/p61.html

LOVELY WORK!!! I LOVE THIS UGLY DUCKLING!! :friday:

Shadow Wolf 07
February 27th, 2009, 07:03
:help:...guys, you have to stop posting these night shots please. They're just blacked out nothings with maybe a few spots of light where i guess something is supposed to be. I'm sure they look fine on your computers, but they show nothing but black as forum attachments.

I see them fine BC, I get the same comments when I post night shots. Maybe it has something to do with the brightness and contrast settings we have or the presence or absence of externally mounted screen filters.

Oglivie
February 27th, 2009, 15:24
I bet it'll help....in QC (bomber intercept) I've been close enough to Bettys at times to hear their engines yet unable to spot them,,, but then I'm not flying a clear night sky either.

man what a difference....great idea! :ernae:

Thanks Hellcat,

I think this last one I did turned out the best for the AI night exhaust flame. Much more visable, I was able to pick them up easier and stay with them...shooting down three out of three about every time. I think it too bright for player aircraft though.

Cheers,
O

Sorry, BC..I just had to post just one more.:icon_lol: But a somewhat better screenie than my previous one I posted.

Oglivie
February 27th, 2009, 16:22
Maybe it's your computer BC :costumes:, some computers, or 99.99% of all computers. I can distinctly make out the Betty in Oglivie's shot....but then maybe mine are black to him. Bummer.

Not at all..I enjoyed the screenies, Hellcat. Thanks for posting them! They show up well here on my PC.