PDA

View Full Version : CFS2 Perma-stickied help / problem / tweaking thread

Pages : [1] 2

gedm
September 30th, 2008, 19:23
ADDING DROP TANKS AND BOMBS:

This is the text copy of a thread or threads from an earlier date. You may be able to figure out who posted it and sometime not. I'm only reposting it as a reference point someone may find useful during a past form/post search for an answer to questions.

Also, any real time comments or corrections are welcome.

gedm :ernae:
//////////////////////
Gedm,
BC is talking about section 534 of the .air file. Use AirEd program by William Roth, Open an .air file on one with working tank and right click on section 534, Copy to Clipboard, open your .air file that you want to add to and right click and Add from Clipboard.
AirEd program download: http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/sy...file=aired.zip
Section 534 entry for Bf109:
Fuel tank number= 2 (with one internal tank)
Fuel tank lateral offset= 0.0
Fuel tank up/down offset= -4.0
Ful tank forward/back offset= 0.0
Fuel tank quantity capacity in gallons= 79.24 (300 liter german drop tank)
Unusable capacity?= 0.0
Unknown= 2

Hi all,
Red Rooster it is possible to make new hard points with the dp.What you must understand is that a hard point is just a 3 dimension location in space coupled to the model.
First you get your dp to accept there are working weapons available
by adding a string of commands to the Gunstations section.This is usually the last entry to the gunstation,Or if you are using bombs and torpedo's as here 2 entries.Gunstations 3 and 4 and the associate [guns] section 3 and 4
[GUNSTATIONS]
; Front Coplt Gun
gunstation.0=0,58,1,0.08,839,2,0.01,1000,2,40,1d1* 14,0,-0.132187,5.844121,0,0,0,-25,25,25,-25,1.6
; Upper Gun
gunstation.1=1,52,2,0.08,839,2,0.01,1000,2,40,1d1* 14,0,1.202,-4.148,0,0,180,-180,180,80,0,1.6
; Chin Gun
gunstation.2=0,51,1,0.08,839,2,0.01,1000,2,40,1d1* 14,-0.352,-0.395,5.421,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1.6
;
gunstation.3=3,21,8,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0, 0,0,0,0
;
gunstation.4=5,62,32,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0 ,0,0,0,0
Then you add a command to say what type of weapon it is such as rocket ,torpedo or bomb in the gunstation.it is the first figure following the = sign.2=bomb,3=rockets and 4=torpedo
in the guns section the additions are to tell how the weapon is to be fired.Usually copy and paste a default one in here.if you get this wrong the bombs etc just disappear when dropped.
[guns.0]
gun.0=1000,0,0,0.64375,0,0,1,1000
[guns.1]
gun.0=1000,0.183,0,-0.969001,0,0,1,1000
gun.1=1000,-0.19,0,-0.969001,0,0,1,1000
[guns.2]
gun.0=1000,-0.002,-0.001,0.504,0,0,1,1000
[guns.3]
gun.0=16,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
[guns.4]
gun.0=1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
You tell your bomb/rocket etc where you want it to be using this.
This is the hardpoint for the stock B25.The 3 sets of figures for each hard point is a 3 dimension reference in this order...1/ left/right...2/ up or down and 3/ backwards and forwards.0 is always the stating point and work from there.
[HARDPOINTS]
mount.0=0,0,0
mount.1=-0.247,-0.508,-0.558
mount.2=0.247,-0.508,-0.558
mount.3=-0.247,-0.508,0.611
mount.4=0.247,-0.508,0.611
mount.5=-0.247,-0.508,-0.558
mount.6=0.247,-0.508,-0.558
mount.7=-0.247,-0.508,0.611
mount.8=0.247,-0.508,0.611
Use the - sign to change the direction from the center point
The weapons are attached to the hard points via the payloads sections.
First you list the total number of different payloads as here.This one has 5
[PAYLOADS]
payload.0=%payload_name.0%
payload.1=%payload_name.1%
payload.2=%payload_name.2%
payload.3=%payload_name.3%
payload.4=%payload_name.4%
Please note that payloads and mounts all start from 0.
Then you set your weapon up to use whichever payload position you have made.Such as this example.The B 25 again.
[PAYLOAD.0]
; Payload = Guns Only
[PAYLOAD.1]
; Payload = Bombs Heavy
mount.1=WEP_US_1000lb_GP, 1, -1
mount.2=WEP_US_1000lb_GP, 1, 1
[PAYLOAD.2]
; Payload = Bombs Medium
mount.1=WEP_US_500lb_GP, 1, -1
mount.2=WEP_US_500lb_GP, 1, 1
mount.3=WEP_US_500lb_GP, 1, 1
mount.4=WEP_US_500lb_GP, 1, 1
[PAYLOAD.3]
; Payload = Bombs Light
mount.1=WEP_US_250lb_GP, 1, -1
mount.2=WEP_US_250lb_GP, 1, 1
mount.3=WEP_US_250lb_GP, 1, 1
mount.4=WEP_US_250lb_GP, 1, 1
mount.5=WEP_US_250lb_GP, 1, 1
mount.6=WEP_US_250lb_GP, 1, 1
mount.7=WEP_US_250lb_GP, 1, 1
mount.8=WEP_US_250lb_GP, 1, 1
[PAYLOAD.4]
; Payload = Torpedo
mount.0=wep_us_mk_13, 1, -1
This says which mount you want and which weapon.It also says how they are to drop.The figure with the minus sign is saying that when bomb 1 drops all the rest are to drop with it.It is the most common setup.
To get the weapons to show up in CFS2 selection control you then need to add the payload names into the botton of the [string] section of the dp like this,Again the stock B25.
"payload_name.0"=Guns Only
"payload_name.1"=Bombs Heavy
"payload_name.2"=Bombs Medium
"payload_name.3"=Bombs Light
"payload_name.4"=Torpedo
If after all this you are actually talking about getting a physical hard point to show up on say a wing and not drop this is done in the dp as well.
If you look at the P38 dp you will see that the pylons on the wings are added through the dp.You can use these stock pylons on any a/c you want by adding the correct mounting points etc in the same way you add bombs etc.
Hope this makes it a little clearer.
Buddha13

Michael, the bombs, rockets and DT's are a mixture of stock and addon stuff in my install.... I can't extract and package for upload all the missing weap bgl's, dp's and bmp's that you need for these DP loadouts exactly. Go into your OBJECTS_DP folder and identify suitable japanese replacements for these objects. Copy their names and paste them over the names of my weaps, for example:
[PAYLOAD.5]
; Payload = Bombs Long Range
mount.0=wep_pylon_p38_wing, 1, -1
mount.1=wep_ja_zero_drop_gp, 1, -1
mount.2=wep_ja_250kg_gp, 1, -1
mount.4=wep_pylon_ja_wing, 1, -1
mount.3=wep_ja_250kg_gp, 1, -1
mount.5=wep_pylon_ja_wing, 1, -1
(XXXXXXXXXXXX = whatever you choose)
[PAYLOAD.5]
; Payload = Bombs Long Range
mount.0=wep_pylon_p38_wing, 1, -1
mount.1=XXXXXXXXXX, 1, -1
mount.2=XXXXXXXXXXXX, 1, -1
mount.3=XXXXXXXXXXXX, 1, -1
mount.5=wep_pylon_ja_wing, 1, -1
Its that simple....when one accumulates a large install like mine its often difficult to share DP mods because I have so many weapons bgl's and bmp's to sort thru in association with the dp objects selected and its always a concern that the recipients won't have the same objects. So, you just go with whatever you have as a replacement, using the basic structure I've provided as your mount points...
Also, one more thing: did you replace your dp with mine entirely (no copy/pasting)? In addition to having no weaps, the default dp also had no [GUNSTATION] entries for rockets and bombs, which would preclude any weaps installed later from showing. So you would have to use my [GUNSTATION], [HARDPOINTS], [PAYLOADS] sections together. If you did this and still no-joy, send me your addy via PM and I may be able to email what I suspect you may be missing, but no promises on accuracy since I don't know your setup.

gedm
September 30th, 2008, 19:28
This is the text copy of a thread or threads from an earlier date. You may be able to figure out who posted it and sometime not. I'm only reposting it as a reference point someone may find useful during a past form/post search for an answer to questions

gedm
///////////////////////

Hi PSK,
I think you'll find it's the contact points in the aircraft.cfg file. If you go into the cfg file and the [contact points] section the first three points (0,1,2) are the undercarriage contact points.
Within each set of numbers the first three are the points at which the undercarriage touch the ground. Point.0 will either be a tail wheel (with a tail dragger) or a nose wheel (if like a P38 etc etc). Point.1 is the port or left hand uc info and point.2 is the starboard or right hand uc.
The number classifications are: (see below)
//0 Class
//1 Longitudinal Position (feet)
//2 Lateral Position (feet)
//3 Vertical Position (feet)
//4 Impact Damage Threshold (Feet Per Minute)
//5 Brake Map (0=None, 1=Left, 2=Right)
//6 Wheel Radius (feet)
//7 Steer Angle (degrees)
//8 Static Compression (feet) (0 if rigid)
//9 Max/Static Compression Ratio
//10 Damping Ratio (0=Undamped, 1=Critically Damped)
//11 Extension Time (seconds)
//12 Retraction Time (seconds)
//13 Sound Type
point.0=1.0, -33, 0.0, (-6.2), 2000.0, 0.0, 0.60, 45.96, 0.51, 2.5, 0.5, 5.0, 5.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0
point.1=1.0, 5.2, -8.58, (-8.7), 2000.0, 1.0, 1.60, 0.0, 0.84, 2.5, 0.80, 7.0, 13.0, 2.0, 0.0, 0.0
point.2=1.0, 5.2, 8.58, (-8.7), 2000.0, 2.0, 1.60, 0.0, 0.84, 2.5, 0.80, 5.0, 9.0, 3.0, 0.0, 0.0
So, above you would need to change the figures in the fourth set ie -6.2, -8.7 and -8.7 to change the wheel contact points. All these figures are points below the central datum point, in feet. So (deep breath) you would have to reduce them to bring the ac closer to the ground (if ac sits too high) OR you need to increase them (equal amounts on each) to take the contact point further away and raise the ac up.
If you save a copy of your ac.cfg file(s) and then try modding each up or down as neccessary, save and re-load the ac you should be able to get rid of their 'bad habits'.
If not these then it may be the additional 'scrape points' which come into play when you crash land/land without uc. If the above does not work then we'll take a look at the other contact points.
I hope this doesn't seem too patronising!
Cheers Shessi

Bearcat sez...
The main culprit in this "dropping" experience is the static height. If your aircraft drops and sits just right on the surface, the actual contact points are OK, but the static height is too high. The model is actually dropping down to the correct contact point values:

static_pitch = 0
static_cg_height = 4.21

Lower this in tenths incrementally until the aircraft loads flush with the surface and stops dropping. The best way is to load the aircraft in FF and pause it immediately as soon as the screen opens from blank black to 2D panel view -- don't wait one second longer or the plane will drop. This will pause the aircraft in its floating position so you can externally see the amount of height to correct. Then minimize the screen and make adjustments in the cfg. Now maximize the screen again, hit 'Alt+A+A+Enter' and reload the aircraft again and keep it "paused". Every time you follow these steps the aircraft will reload frozen in pause and show the changes in height. Do this until there's no more distance between the wheels and the surface. But if you go too far and the wheels are too "dug-in", the model will now began to "bounce" up to the contact points values.

When you do this correctly, then you can fine tune the contact points as Shessi suggests if the tires have the look of being almost "deflated" as the model sits on the surface.
BTW, a bit off-topic, but for those new to dp editing, the procedure i showed above for managing the screen view and making positional changes in the cfg is the same method i use for making positional changes in the dp. In dp work, this method only works for adjusting locations of weapons and gunflashes. For changing weapon types and effects like exhaust flames, you'll need to exit the sim completely and reload before using the new mods.

Blue Devil sez...
static_pitch = 2.6
static_cg_height = 4.21
Don,t neglect "static_pitch" either, ...
This sets the initial ground angle.
When loaded, ...The A/C should settle from round tires touching the ground, ...down to squished tires (1/3 to 1/2 sidewall height) w/o any pitching.

gedm
September 30th, 2008, 19:31
This is the text copy of a thread or threads from an earlier date. You may be able to figure out who posted it and sometime not. I'm only reposting it as a reference point someone may find useful during a past form/post search for an answer to questions

gedm

///////////////////////////////

Hi All,
After many years of trying I finally managed to work out how to activate the defualt CFS2 GSL editor..
Before starting backup your original cfs2.gsl file and put it in a safe place.
To Activate:
Open mission builder hold ctrl+alt+shift+g
then just place objects as normal.
To save it hold ctrl+alt+s
Lindsay..
Global Scenery Layer Editor Keyboard Commands
Activate GSL edit mode = Ctrl + Alt + Shift + G
Save GSL = Ctrl + Alt + S
Save layout file. = Ctrl + E
Load a layout file = Ctrl + L
Notes:
1: By default once you save the GSL it’s automatically added to the default CFS2.gsl file.
2: Once added to the gsl the scenery can only be removed by removing the .gob file.
You can save a master copy of your work in .mis or .lay format.
The benefits of the editor are in that it allows the user to customize CFS2 to suite themselves. There is info in the CFS2 help file on how to change GSL layers.. Users can have multiple gsl layers (for example one modern era one set in WWII)..
Cheers
Lindsay

gedm
September 30th, 2008, 19:33

gedm

////////////////////////////////

Bearcat sez 6.6.08
G, load another CFS2 B29 and note the VC viewpoint. If it looks good, open its aircraft.cfg and look at the viewpoint parameters:
[Views]
eyepoint=-4.4, 0.04, 2.835
eyepoint= long, lat, vert
....adjust accordingly
As for the gauges, the best approach to determining CFS2 compatible replacements is to load the original model in FS9 and take a screenie of the panel...now you have a reference as you hunt through your collection of CFS2 gauges.

gedm
September 30th, 2008, 19:36

gedm

/////////////////////////////

CFS2 Flight Tuning
For Improved AI Performance

By Tango_Romeo
Software required to carryout this activity: AIRed or Aircraft Airfile Manager and
NotePad.
So you have this fantastic airplane that flies beautifully as a player aircraft, but as
a wingman or AI exhibits extremely poor performance? Of course, all of us do
and the problem can be corrected.
Since I have recently ‘repaired’ some of these problem aircraft, a number of folks
have asked me how to do it. Therefore, I have elected to produce this short
tutorial on the process.
What follows is not an in-depth technical treatise on AIR and CFG files. I’m
simply going to tell you how to give your favorite player aircraft dazzling
wingman/AI performance using a simple method that will work 99% of the time.
To begin, the simplest way to determine whether or not your prize airplane is also
going to perform in AI mode is not to put it in QC or a dogfight mission. What you
want to do is hang some bombs and rockets on her, and put her in a simple
mission as a wingman or AI flight with a ground attack assignment. If your
aircraft, will deliver weapons on an assigned target (bombs, rockets and strafing),
chances are she will perform well in a dogfight too. A caution here: the test
target must be located on level terrain.
Test performance that indicates a problem consists of the AI flying around a
target without attacking, making an attack pass without releasing weapons or
making a pass and releasing weapons then crashing. If your plane exhibits any
of these tendencies as an AI, you have some work to do.
The most common items that require some modification to enable the AI to work
properly are called MOI settings (and 99% of the time they are the culprits).
That’s Moment of Inertia. There are MOI settings for Pitch, Roll and Yaw, with
Pitch being the most critical. These settings are normally found in the AIR file
(Section 1001), but may be found only in the CFG (aircraft.cfg) file, or they can
be present in both of these files. The explanation of this variation will come
shortly.
What is MOI? The simplest explanation is that it is the amount of force required
to move the aircraft in that particular axis.
And the problem is that the MOI settings that are realistic and work quite well for
the player aircraft are usually twice (or more) as high as the maximum the AI can

effectively handle. This difficulty in overcoming the MOI numbers causes the sim
to refuse to dive an aircraft because the sim knows it will not be able to pullout of
the dive. If the numbers are close to what the sim can handle, it may dive the
aircraft and find it has to pullout before reaching the release point for the
weapons. And if the numbers are very close to what the sim can handle, the AI
will dive the aircraft, release weapons and then not quite be able to recover. This
very same difficulty in overcoming MOIs that are too high, prevents the AI from
flying effectively in a dogfight. The result is AIs that refuse to engage.
To solve this problem, we are going to need two sets of MOI numbers, one for
the player and one for the AI in the same aircraft folder.
And here is the reason we can have two sets of MOI numbers in the same folder:
-When the sim loads a player aircraft, entries in the CFG file take
precedence over those in the AIR file.
-When the sim loads an AI or wingman, settings in the AIR file take
precedence over those in the CFG file.
Now that I have probably confused you totally, I’ll show you an example of this in
the F9F2 that Fox Four started with for the Bunker Hill campaign. The aircraft
flew wonderfully as a player but would do absolutely nothing in the AI role.
The CFG file contained no MOI settings. Those were found only in Section 1001
of the AIR file, which is quite normal, and this is how they appeared, and how
they were modified:
Roll 42541……..Changed to 8146
Pitch 28357……..Changed to 13244
Yaw 45678……..Changed to 18059
Now when the AIs are loaded by the sim with the AIR file taking precedence, the
MOI numbers are low enough for the sim to handle.
Next, the original MOI settings, the ones that work well for the player aircraft
were inserted into the CFG file like this:
[WEIGHT_AND_BALANCE]
empty_weight = 10069
empty_weight_pitch_MOI = 42541
empty_weight_roll_MOI = 28357
empty_weight_yaw_MOI = 45678
Now when the player aircraft is loaded with the CFG file taking precedence, the
original MOI settings are available.

With these modifications in place, the F9F2 became an effective ground attack
aircraft in wingman and AI modes, delivering bombs and rockets, as well as
strafing runs. It also became a very effective dogfighter. And this same formula
was applied to all Fox Four aircraft with the same excellent results.
How much do you need to reduce the MOI numbers for the AI to handle them? I
suggest reducing them by 50% at a time until you get results.
DISCLAIMER: This has been an attempt to make a complex subject relatively
simple, but there are times (rarely) when problems exist in other areas of the AIR
file that will render this method ineffective. AIR files are complex documents and
there are numerous entries that might require attention.
And ever so often, you will actually stumble on an aircraft whose MOI numbers
for the player and AI are so close together that no adjustment is required at all.
This is also a rare occurrence.
Most of the research and development done in gaining the information above
was the work of Mike Eustace (IndioBlack) at Fox Four. Any errors contained
here are solely mine, as is the blame for any lack of clarity.
I hope this helps some of you along the way to a smoother CFS2 experience.
Tom Sanford
Tango_Romeo

This document is freeware and may be uploaded and distributed as such, but
may not be used for monetary gain, or posted on any payware site. Any
alterations must have the approval of the author.
@Tom Sanford, Sanford Associates, 2008

gedm
September 30th, 2008, 19:39

gedm

////////////////////////

Family=
1 - Fighter (default)
2 - Bomber
3 - Ground vehicle
4 - Static object
5 - Ship or boat
7 - carrier
Category=
1 - aircraft fighter
2 - aircraft level bomber (B-24, He-111) including float planes
3 - aircraft dive bomber (Stuka, Dauntless, Val)
4 - aircraft torpedo bomber (Avenger, TBF)
5 - aircraft tactical bomber (A-20, Ju-88)
6 - aircraft strike (Fw-190F2, A-4; 2-engine nightfighters?)
7 - aircraft civil
8 - aircraft recon (Storch)
9 - aircraft transport (C-47)
10 - aircraft fighter-bomber (any fighter equipped with bombs) or Dive Bomb

I have all my multi engine bombers set to family 2 but the mission builder automatically sets them to 1 in missions.After I do a mission You have to go into the mission file and change the bombers back to 2 so they stay in formation.If you don't edit they will fly all over the place when you attack.

Talon

Category codes for non-aircraft objects:
13 - ship aircraft carrier
14 - ship cruiser
15 - ship destroyer
16 - ship submarine
17 - ship battleship
18 - ship patrol
19 - ship auxiliary
21 - tracked vehicle
22 - wheeled vehicle
23 - train car
24 - amphibious vehicle
29 - artillery static
30 - mechanical equipment
31 - structure static
32 - factory
33 - non-target object
34 – runway
Mission Directives
0 = Used for Ships and Ground Units
1 = Nothing
2 = Intercept
4 = ?
8 = Fighter Sweep
16 = Escort
32 = CAP
64 = ?
128 = Strike
256 = CAS
512 = Search and Destroy
1024 = ?
2048 = Anti-Ship
[MISC_DATA]
min_speed= kph
cruise_speed= kph
max_speed= kph
min_alt= meters
cruise_alt= meters
max_alt= meters

Waypoint orders
0 = Nothing ?
1 = Turn
2 = Takeoff (used with unit id of ship to takeoff from)
4 = Land At Base (used with unit id of ship to land on)
8 = Start Loop
16 = ?
32 = Escort Attach (used with unit id of aircraft to be escorted)
64 = Detach Flight (used with unit id of escort)
128 = Ditch
256 = Attack With Bombs (used with unit id of object to be attacked)
512 = Attack With Rockets (used with unit id of object to be attacked)
1024 = ?
2048 = ?
4096 = Land Anywhere
8192 = Bail Out
16384 = Attack With Torpedos (used with unit id of object to be attacked)
32768 = Attack With Guns (used with unit id of object to be attacked)
65536 = ?
131072 = ?
262144 = Intercept All
524288 = Intercept Bombers
1048576 = Escort Detach (used with unit id of aircraft being escorted)
2097152 = ?
4194304 = ?
8388608 = Loiter
16777216 = Attack With All Weapons (used with unit id of object to be attacked)
67108864 = Do Not Evade

A [weather] section is :
[weather]
visibility.0=9828.03,0.00,802.20
visibility.1=1000.03,802.21,1821.20
vis_layers_num=2
cloud.0=9,300.44,450.40,0.00,6,0,0,1,91.14,4,0
cloud.1=9,502.40,750.60,0.00,7,0,0,1,91.14,4,0
cloud.2=8,802.40,1821.60,0.00,8,0,0,0,0.00,4,0
cloud_layers_num=3
temp_layers_num=0
wind_layers_num=0
wind_surface=3000.60,5.00,5.00,250.00,0.00,0,0
1 The visibility
Visibility.n=visi (m), alt min (m), alt max (m)
You can have several layers

2 Clouds
cloud.0=9,300.44,450.40,0.00,6,0,0,1,91.14,4,0
cloud.n=cloud type, alt min (m), alt max (m), ?, dens (1-8), ?, ?, prec , ?, ?, ?
Cloud type :
1 : Cirrus
8 : stratus
9 : cumulus
10 : cumulo nimbus Thunderstorm
Prec
0 : no rain or snow
1 : rain
2 : snow

3 Temperature
4 Wind
Wind_surface.n=alt max (m), speed(knts), bursts(knts), direction (°), ?, turbulence, shear
Turbulence :
0 : none
1 : occasionnal
2 : light
3 : moderated
5 : strong
Cisaillement :
0 : progressive
1 : moderated
2 : sharp
3 : strong
You can have several wind layers :
wind_layers_num=1
wind_surface=609.60,15.00,20.00,101.00,0.00,4,1
...... from 0 to 609m
wind.0=19.20,100.00,0.00,0.00,0.00,1,0
..... from (0 or 609m ?) to 19m

gedm
September 30th, 2008, 19:42

gedm

/////////////////////////

Oglivie said...
Another way that may work is to increase the cruise_lift_scalar in the [Flight_tuning] section of the aircraft.cfg file. If you do not have this section it can be copied and placed in the cfg file. Increase it by .1 or so until level attitude is attained.
[flight_tuning]
(cruise_lift_scalar=1.0)
parasite_drag_scalar=1.0
induced_drag_scalar=1.0
elevator_effectiveness=1.0
aileron_effectiveness=1.0
rudder_effectiveness=1.0
pitch_stability=1.0
roll_stability=1.0
yaw_stability=1.0
elevator_trim_effectiveness=1.0
aileron_trim_effectiveness=1.0
rudder_trim_effectiveness=1.0

OBIO
September 30th, 2008, 23:48
I will add this to this thread:

Sea Planes and Float Planes, for some reason, will not start on the water unless they are set as category 2. Regardless of what the float/sea plane was designed to do, assign it as category 2 and do not touch anything will the plane is spawning in the sim. I have found that if you touch anything, even pulling the throttle back, while a float/sea plane is spawning it will usually result in the plane spawning at 2000 feet. Wait until the plane is fully spawned and you can observe it rocking with the waves before changing views, adjusting the throttle or even sneezing too loudly.

OBIO

gedm
October 3rd, 2008, 22:48
I'm guessing the Admin's want me to continue on this thread so please refer to the disclaimer on the earlier posts.

But just in case...These pearls of wisdom are not mine but older posts to some of the more common trouble shooting questions that had appeared on our recently lost "past tread" archives. If anyone else would like to add on as well please feel free.

////////////////////////////////////////

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAX5x5
Hello all. I just downloaded Akemi Mizoguchi's Spitfire V and I have a problem. There is a very large gray block that takes up almost the entire forward view in vc. It wouldn't be so bad if it were just visible in vc, but it is also partially obstructing my sight in forward right and left views in 2d. What is this and how can I get rid of it? Is there a fix/update for this model?
Unfortunately I can't post a screenshot of it because this is my first post and I guess I need at least five posts to enter a URL.
Thank you for your time.
-Ely

Here's the fix:
HINT (for a 2D cockpit)
for those using Chuck'Led'Selby (aka) 39th Led version of ARAKS panel( 2D) here at soh
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.ph...fo&FileID=1044
could save a bit of head scratching by replacing the first VC 01 in the PANEL CFG
with this guaranteeing gauge placement
(I ALSO USE THIS MOD WITH PAUL REBUFFAT'S PANELS CFG (my fave) for AKEMI'S 5 WITH NO PROBS )

(this is just grabbed from AKEMI-SAN'S original panel cfg)
--------------------------------------------------------------
[Vcockpit01]
size_mm=512,512
pixel_size=512,512
Background_color=0,0,0
texture=$panel
visible=0
gauge00=f4f4_wildcat!Airspeed-Indicator, 146,351,61,57
gauge01=f4f4_wildcat!Altimeter, 148,414,56
gauge02=f4f4_wildcat!Attitude-Indicator, 222,353,58,56
gauge03=f4f4_wildcat!Climb-Indicator, 286,353,57,56
gauge04=f4f4_wildcat!Clock, 87,352,45,46
gauge05=f4f4_wildcat!Cylinder-Temperature, 402,370,46,43
gauge06=f4f4_wildcat!Engine-Gauge, 402,422,49,46
gauge07=f4f4_wildcat!Flaps-Lever, 160,314,45,20
gauge08=f4f4_wildcat!Fuel-Selector, 31,425,41,43
gauge09=f4f4_wildcat!Fuel-Tank-Content, 85,424,43,45
gauge10=f4f4_wildcat!Landing-Gear-Position-Indicator, 109,313,47,20
gauge11=f4f4_wildcat!Magnetic-Compass, 226,414,49,45
gauge12=f4f4_wildcat!Manifold-Pressure, 351,349,46,42
gauge13=f4f4_wildcat!Tachometer, 297,274,45,43
gauge14=f4f4_wildcat!Turn-Coordinator, 288, 413 ,57,56
gauge15=f4f4_wildcat!Starter, 360,410,24,50

Courtesy of Egypt

gedm
October 3rd, 2008, 22:50
Hi,
that plane in qustion has a badly written dp-file. Open the respective dpfile and check the effects/systems section
It should read like this
[EFFECTS.0]
; System = Nose Structure
effect.0=10,LIBRARY,fx_smkpuff_s,
effect.1=30,LIBRARY,fx_gastank_s,
effect.2=60,LIBRARY,fx_oilleak_m,
effect.3=95,LIBRARY,fx_airexpl_l,
effect.4=100,BREAK,,
The last line is of interest. If it doesn' t have the twin comma at the end, it will behave as your culprit. You have to check every single sytem.
After that, save the changed dp-file and delete the CDP-file and you are done.
Cheers
Achim
FVB says:
The prob is in the DP file.
1) Go to your aircraft file and delete the CDP file (this is a computer generated copy of the DP file) and will do no harm in deleting. If you do not when you change the DP file the old CDP will be loaded.
2) Open the DP file and scroll down to the EFFECTS section. At the end of each effect is a line which usually ends in eg break,,2.
3) Go through each EFFECT and delete the number from each one. Save the file when edited.
4) You will now have an aircraft which can be shot down and crash as a 'whole' aircraft.

Mercure sez:
To stop the cloning open with wordpad the .DP file of the considered plane and remove in the EFFECTS.X the last figure in the last effect.x line, when it appears to be one at the end of the line, between two coma.
(Why can't I just copy/paste exemples???)
Then do not forget to delete the .cdp file

Jaxon sez:
The key is indeed in the *.dp file.
Your plane is probably not a stock one.
But the *.dp file is based on one of the stockers.
In there it looks like this:
[EFFECTS.25]
; System = Rudder
effect.0=95,LIBRARY,fx_smkpuff_s,
effect.1=100,BREAK,12,
Note the last line: if this part is 100% destroyed, it will break and part 12 of the model will visibly break off.
If your plane`s 3D model does not support parts breaking off, you need to delete these numbers,or a complete copy of the model is shown as the broken part:
[EFFECTS.25]
; System = Rudder
effect.1=100,BREAK,,

Happy flying,
Jaxon

Bearcat sez:
Try removing all the "Location = XXXXXXXX" from the effects also......these parameters are intended as additional instructions to the sim on where to position the listed effects (like geo-coordinates in scenery locations). Ideally, this should be a location in the center of the damage box, but not always.
For example, you might use these location parameters to tell the sim to locate engine damage effects (fire and smoke) at the back of the nose box instead of at the center of the box, for a more realistic look of fire extending from the cowl flap line rather than the propellors.
If these numbers are not well placed in the box correctly, you can get oddly placed damage effects and doubling still, in spite of removing break parameters.
In the absence of these location parameters, the sim will default the effects to the center of the damage boxes automatically without a fuss.
Or
I just took a second look at this dp....its improperly formatted. At least 18 parts have incomplete LIBRARY parameters. They must be completed.
For example:
[EFFECTS.33]
; System = Starboard Elevator
effect.0=95,LIBRARY,,
effect.1=100,BREAK,,

Should be like this:
[EFFECTS.33]
; System = Starboard Elevator
effect.0=95,LIBRARY,fx_smkpuff_m,
effect.1=100,BREAK,,
Open another dp like the stock P39 and look at the formatting for a complete setup. All "LIBRARY,," must be completed with an FX filename between the ending commas.

gedm
October 3rd, 2008, 22:51
Yo wsmwsm;
There are 2 ways to do this:
1) open the CFS2.cfg; look at the top:
[LANGUAGE]
DLL=english.fll
[MAIN]
ShowLogo=1
ShowMovie=1
change to:
[LANGUAGE]
DLL=english.fll
[MAIN]
ShowLogo=0
ShowMovie=0
2) or simply delete the movie from the main CFS2 folder - saves 20MB
Your choice.

gedm
October 3rd, 2008, 22:53
[GUNSTATIONS]
gunstation.0= 0, 2, 1, 0.01, 870, 4, 0.01, 1000, 2, 40, 1d1*16, 0.55, 0.25, 2.2, 0.128056, 0, 0.1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0.5

[GUNSTATIONS]
gunstation.{A}0={B}0,{C}2,{D}1,{E}0.01,{F}870,{G}4 ,{H}0.01,{I}1000,{J}2,{K}40,{L}1d1*16,{M}0.55,{N}0 .25,{O}2.2,{P}0.128056,{Q}0,{R}0.1,{S}0,{T}0,{U}0, {V}0,{W}0.5

A. Gunstation number: (sequential) this will be the number to associate individual guns with (note that there is no particular weapon related to any particular gunstation number. Add as many as you want).

B. Trigger type: 0=Mach Gun 1=Cannon 2=Rocket 3=Bomb

C. System association (see last number for each entry in [SYSTEMS]

D. Gun type: 1=Mach gun 2=Canon 4=Rocket 8=Bomb

E. Rate of fire (divide rounds/second into 1) Example: 50 rounds/sec = 1/50 = .02

F. Muzzle velocity: meters/sec (zero for Rockets & Bombs)

G. Round life (seconds round is tracked by simulation)

H. Muzzle flash: MS says flashes/sec. I disagree; I think this is actually 1/(flashes/sec). Typical values are .01 to .05

I. Range that AI aircraft begin firing (Meters)

J. Sound: 0= .303/7.62mm 2= .50 3= 13mm 4= 20mm 5= 30mm (set Bomb/Rocket to zero)

K. Tracer %

L. Damage dice: Typical values: 1d1*10 for .303, 1d1*14 for .50, 1d1*24 for 20mm, Rocket 1d1*300-3000, Bomb 1d1*600-6000 (this is the projectile's destructive power)

M. Gunstation X offset (Meters)

N. Gunstation Y offset (Meters)

O. Gunstation Z offset (Meters)

P. Pitch: angle of gunstation up/down (degrees) I suggest using similar angle values from other .dps in CFS. But if you must try calculating… The acceleration affects of gravity on objects is independent of their weight. If you disregard the aerodynamic properties of the projectile and assume it falls at the same rate as any dropped object, then you can use -4.877t2 (t is the travel time of the projectile to its target) to determine how far the bullet drops in horizontal flight. I would guess the average speed of the projectile is somewhere between its muzzle velocity and half that. I'm not going to add the plane's airspeed since the target is probably going just as fast. So let's take a target 1000 meters out, muzzle velocity of 870m/sec: t = 1000 / [(870 + 435) / 2] = 1.53 sec. This results in a drop of -4.877(1.532) = -11.42m. Now calculate an angle using tan ? = X/Z where X = X drop and Z = distance to target. Keep in mind this is a very simplified approach and not the proper way to do ballistic calculations, however I doubt the MS simulation is much more complicated or accurate. Also, all this does you little good in the heat of battle when you're pulling hard on the stick in a 20 degree climb with 30 degrees of roll. That's what the tracers are for.

Q. Bank: angle of gunstation left/right (degrees) Again, I suggest using similar weapon/angle values from other .dps in CFS. If you really must calculate, remember: tan ? = X/Z where X = X offset and Z = distance to target.

R. Heading: heading of gunstation (degrees)(Example: A rear facing AI gunstation may have a heading of 180)

S. Constraint Angle left (max rotation angle for AI guns)

T. Constraint Angle right (max rotation angle for AI guns)

U. Constraint Angle up (max rotation angle for AI guns)

V. Constraint Angle down (max rotation angle for AI guns)

W. Round weight (oz)

gedm
October 3rd, 2008, 22:55
Open the panel folder the panel.cfg with notepad. Find at the very top of the file [VIEWS]. If you don't have [VIEWS] insert the following lines.
[VIEWS]
VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=%window_title_00%
VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=2.6,0.0,0.0
The 2.6 is the figure you want to play with. Increase it (2.7 or 2.8 ....) will raise your stream of bullets. Lower it and the stream goes down.
If you have allready [VIEWS] insert the two lines on top of the views. Write carefully, because the addition is case sensitive.

gedm
October 3rd, 2008, 22:58
Yep, the DP file is where you adjust guns.
Take a lookie here.

gunstation.0=0,24,1,0.08,839,2,0.01,500,2,40,1d1*1 4,3.5,-.15,.3,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,5.7
The guns are placed using a 3 Axis system...X, Y and Z
The X number (in red in the gun line shown) places guns laterally...that is left to right.
The Y number (Blue) places guns vertically...up and down.
The Z number (green) places guns longitudinally...front to back.
Here's how I got a handle on gun placement (and payload placement as well..as it uses the same X, Y, Z system.
Lay on your belly with your arms stretch out like wings. You are now a plane.
The X number will place guns and bombs across your arms. Positive numbers will move them to the right, with larger numbers moving them out farther toward your hand (wing tip). Negative numbers will move guns and bombs outward to the left, again with larger numbers moving them farther out on the wing.
The Y number will move guns and bombs from the center of your body, either up toward you back or down toward you chest/belly. Positive numbers will raise the guns/bombs while negative numbers will lower the guns/bombs.
The Z number will move guns/bombs front to back (nose to tail). Positive numbers will move guns/bombs toward the front of the plane (your nose) while negative numbers will move them toward the rear of the plane (your feet).
The unit of measurement used in the DP to place guns and bombs is metric...keep that in mind. Adjusting a number from 1 (for example) to 2 will move the gun or bomb a meter (39 inches)...so you will need to get very comfortable with decimals. 1 = 1 meter (39 inches), .1 = 1/10th of a meter or about 4 inches. .001 = 1/100th of a meter or about 1/2 inch. I hate the metric system (even though it is far more precise than what ever the system is America is called) so I convert it in my head to American. I meter = 1 Yard (close enough).
Clear as Mud?
Good, because I can't explain it any more as my wife is home from work and wants the computer so she can look up houses and animals....one we can't afford the other we have too many off (fish mostly...mean aggressive fish who refuse to get along with each other...they are about be either traded in on Guppies or dipped in bread crumbs and fried).
OBIO

More on the subject:

Conservative recommendation....
[GUNSTATIONS]
; Left Guns
gunstation.0=0,24,1,(0.06,930),2,0.05,(1000),2,10, (1d1* 24),-2.293,-0.570,0.000,-0.36275,0,0.47892,0,0,0,0,5.18
; Left Guns
gunstation.1=0,24,1,(0.06,930),2,0.05,(1000),2,10, (1d1* 24),-2.293,-0.570,0.000,-0.36275,0,0.47892,0,0,0,0,5.18
; Right Guns
gunstation.2=0,31,1,(0.06,930),2,0.05,(1000),2,10, (1d1* 24),2.293,-0.570,0.000,-0.36275,0,-0.47892,0,0,0,0,5.18
; Right Guns
gunstation.3=0,31,1,(0.06,930),2,0.05,(1000),2,10, (1d1* 24),2.293,-0.570,0.000,-0.36275,0,-0.47892,0,0,0,0,5.18
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Keep in mind that its your private sim-play and you can do as you please with adjustments...the following is just a guide:
[GUNSTATIONS]
gunstation.0= 0, 2, 1, 0.01, 870, 4, 0.01, 1000, 2, 40, 1d1*16, 0.55, 0.25, 2.2, 0.128056, 0, 0.1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0.5
[GUNSTATIONS]
gunstation.{A}0={B}0,{C}2,{D}1,{E}0.01,{F}870,{G}4 ,{H}0.01,{I}1000,{J}2,{K}40,{L}1d1*16,{M}0.55,{N}0 .25,{O}2.2,{P}0.128056,{Q}0,{R}0.1,{S}0,{T}0,{U}0, {V}0,{W}0.5
A. Gunstation number: (sequential) this will be the number to associate individual guns with (note that there is no particular weapon related to any particular gunstation number. Add as many as you want).
B. Trigger type: 0=Mach Gun 1=Cannon 2=Rocket 3=Bomb
C. System association (see last number for each entry in [SYSTEMS]
D. Gun type: 1=Mach gun 2=Canon 4=Rocket 8=Bomb
E. Rate of fire (divide rounds/second into 1) Example: 50 rounds/sec = 1/50 = .02
F. Muzzle velocity: meters/sec (zero for Rockets & Bombs)
G. Round life (seconds round is tracked by simulation)
H. Muzzle flash: MS says flashes/sec. I disagree; I think this is actually 1/(flashes/sec). Typical values are .01 to .05
I. Range that AI aircraft begin firing (Meters)
J. Sound: 0= .303/7.62mm 2= .50 3= 13mm 4= 20mm 5= 30mm (set Bomb/Rocket to zero)
K. Tracer %
L. Damage dice: Typical values: 1d1*10 for .303, 1d1*14 for .50, 1d1*24 for 20mm, Rocket 1d1*300-3000, Bomb 1d1*600-6000 (this is the projectile's destructive power)
M. Gunstation X offset (Meters)
N. Gunstation Y offset (Meters)
O. Gunstation Z offset (Meters)
P. Pitch: angle of gunstation up/down (degrees) I suggest using similar angle values from other .dps in CFS. But if you must try calculating… The acceleration affects of gravity on objects is independent of their weight. If you disregard the aerodynamic properties of the projectile and assume it falls at the same rate as any dropped object, then you can use -4.877t2 (t is the travel time of the projectile to its target) to determine how far the bullet drops in horizontal flight. I would guess the average speed of the projectile is somewhere between its muzzle velocity and half that. I'm not going to add the plane's airspeed since the target is probably going just as fast. So let's take a target 1000 meters out, muzzle velocity of 870m/sec: t = 1000 / [(870 + 435) / 2] = 1.53 sec. This results in a drop of -4.877(1.532) = -11.42m. Now calculate an angle using tan ? = X/Z where X = X drop and Z = distance to target. Keep in mind this is a very simplified approach and not the proper way to do ballistic calculations, however I doubt the MS simulation is much more complicated or accurate. Also, all this does you little good in the heat of battle when you're pulling hard on the stick in a 20 degree climb with 30 degrees of roll. That's what the tracers are for.
Q. Bank: angle of gunstation left/right (degrees) Again, I suggest using similar weapon/angle values from other .dps in CFS. If you really must calculate, remember: tan ? = X/Z where X = X offset and Z = distance to target.
R. Heading: heading of gunstation (degrees)(Example: A rear facing AI gunstation may have a heading of 180)
S. Constraint Angle left (max rotation angle for AI guns)
T. Constraint Angle right (max rotation angle for AI guns)
U. Constraint Angle up (max rotation angle for AI guns)
V. Constraint Angle down (max rotation angle for AI guns)
W. Round weight (oz)

; Port Guns
gunstation.0=0,24,1,0.09,930,2,0.05,500,2,70,(1d1* 1 9),-2.144,-0.585,1.04,-0.181264,0,0.245192,0,0,0,0,1.6
Too much tracer (70) ...the gunfire of your AI wingies will drag down your frames at this high value. Damage dice should be 1d1*19 instead of 1d1*1 9. This 1 9 value has a space between the digits that will cause the value to be read by the sim as 1, resulting in very little damage to your target.

watchdog22
October 4th, 2008, 16:08
This is great stuff Gedm, I'd forgotten much of this so its all going into a word document for future reference, Keep it coming :applause:

ckissling
October 4th, 2008, 16:19
Gdem
Why not turn this complete list you have posted on this thread into a
pdf or what ever, and upload it as one large file to utilites or other. Just in
case of an other server problem,then it can be a easy reloaded. ckissling

gedm
October 4th, 2008, 22:59
That sounds like the intelligent thing to do, and I got to say.. I usually as a life style choice do just the opposite.:d

But seriously, it is in the realm of possibility and would take some editing to make it a little more cohesive and understandable. As is, it's just a bunch of solutions I've saved as note pad documents with some duplications and at times sort of fragmented.

Also it might or might not be be an issue getting everyone who actually provided the wisdom, permission for me to upload.

Do you guy's think that would be an issue?

As it stands right now I just have a few more to post and that will be it for my collection. It's just to late tonight so I'll post the rest hopefully tomorrow night.
:ernae:

watchdog22
October 5th, 2008, 00:37
I personally dont think that would be an issue as the items were freely posted by the originator with the intention of informing other CFS2 flyers. There couldn't be copyright issues with a public post surely?

ckissling
October 5th, 2008, 04:58
And it might save that information of those who have moved on to
other things or greener pastures. ckissling

redrooster
October 7th, 2008, 13:04
Some of the stuff on this website has already been posted in this thread, but I figured it would be a good idea to provide the link since it has a lot of tutorials on model building for CFS.
http://www.cfgse.calebflerk.com/index.htm

redrooster

gedm
October 9th, 2008, 12:42
Bearcat sez 6.6.08
copy the text below into a blank Notepad screen:
cls
echo off
MDLC /f FS9.mdl
MDLC /t FS9.md8
MDLC /c FS9.mdt FS9.md2 F
rename fs9.md2 cfs2.mdl
pause

--------------------------------
Save the txt file as "MDLC F switch.bat", and not "MDLC F switch.bat.txt".
Put the bat file in your MDLC folder.
Put a copy of your fs9 aircraft mdl into the MDLC folder also and rename it "FS9.mdl".
Doubleclick the bat file and let it work...when it completes, press any key to disengage the bat file. It will automatically name the mdl as CFS2.mdl. All you have to do is name it back to "B-29.mdl" or whatever.

gedm
October 9th, 2008, 12:47
Easiest way is to hit the Prt Scr key on your keyboard at the approproate moment. This then takes a snap of your screen and puts it on your clipboard. Open up your graphics package (Paint Shop Pro, Paint or whatever and hit Ctrl + V (paste). Your shot should then appear ready to be cropped etc and saved. The shot could equally be pasted into Word or any application that will carry a graphic.

OR...

1. set screen resolution to 1024x768x32, ...if you want to post.
2. open a M$ "PAINT" window.
3. Fly CFS2
4. When you want a shot, ...hit "P" to PAUSE.
5. Compose your shot, ...zoom, pan, internal, external, etc...
6. Hit the "Print Screen" key.
7. Hit the "M$ Windows" key (the one to the right of the right side "ALT" key) to diminish CFS2.
8. In PAINT, ...select "Edit/Paste".
9. Save pic as either .bmp (if ya want to work on it later) of .JPEG.
10. Select toolbar CFS2 icon to resume flying.
11. For another pic, ...in PAINT, "Select All/Edit/Paste" will allow you to re-use the same Paint window. Just leave it open.

gedm
October 9th, 2008, 12:48
I wonder if that slight misplacement is the same as with the catapult launch misallignment we often see. If so, it's a CFS 2 thing and the best way to fix it is to have your "Slew" enabled as a cheat and then just slew over to the center of the runway at the start of the mission. Of course a little differential baking or rudder would work as well on the runway (but not on the catapult).
To enable "Slew" whenever you want, just put this at the bottom of your CFS 2.cfg file:
[CHEATS]
bomb_trainer=0
free_warp=0
ALLOW_SLEW=1
damagemsgs=0
show_damage_log=0
0 equals "off" and 1 equals "on."
//////////////////////////////////////////
You can also activate slew in missions by adding this paragraph to the bottom of your CFS 2.cfg file:
[CHEATS]
bomb_trainer=0
free_warp=0
ALLOW_SLEW=1
damagemsgs=0
show_damage_log=0
"1" will turn the option on 24/7 and 0 will turn it off. For mission building or inspecting scenery I often leave the slew option on all of the time. The bomb trainer is great for calibrating bomb sights for altitude and airspeed.

gedm
October 9th, 2008, 12:50
Open your a/c folder and open aircraft.cfg, change power_scalar from 1.0 to 1.2 and change thrust_scalar from 1.0 to 1.3. Try that and see if you get your speed. ckissling
Another way to speed up your plane - instead of increasing power - is to decrease the drag.
Open the Air file using using AirEd. Scroll down to section 1101 and open it. One of the sub-sections in of 1101 is -----Drag-----. Find the entry for Drag Coefficient - Zero Lift, and decrease value a bit. You should find that your speed goes up. Just keep tweaking that number until you find the top speed you want.
By the way, make sure you are displaying 'true airspeed' in your settings when you test for top speed. You'll wont get numbers like 470mph at high altitude as an an 33'indicated' airspeed.

gedm
October 9th, 2008, 12:51
Evil rear gunners
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi All,
As most of us CFS2er’s know the AI gunners have better aim than today’s smart bombs.
I mean come on, I was 2000ft above a Val and I made a high speed pass and got hit four times.
Dead center hits too. Two hits on the engine and two on the fuselage.
The most common fix for this is to reduce the range at witch the gunners open fire.
The other thing is to reduce the rate of fire.
These fixes work OK, but introduce unrealistic behavior.
I mean if I were rear gunner, I would give an attacking aircraft a burst, even if I new he was out of range, just to let him know I got my eye on him.
Well to make a long story short, last night I got one of my ideas. “What if I introduce an error factor on the bullets?” So I gave it a try. First, to make sure it would give the effect I was after, I offset the angle by 10deg., and those gunners could not hit the broad side of a barn as they say. Lot of tracers flying by, but no hits. This is good. I now have it set at 1deg. and so far I like it.
I think it is more realistic because the closer you get the less the error becomes and the chances of getting hit increase. Also, when you do get hit, it is no longer dead center.
If you would like to try it, use DPED to open the Aircraft’s DP file and change the L/R angle of the rear gunners bullets form 0 to 1. If you think you are not getting hit enough change it to 0.5 or 0.75.
Overwrite and del the CDP file and let me know what you think.
B24Guy

Hi All,
This is the fix I use.
Set the box marked "Trigger" to "0 Guns" and the box marked "Spec" to "2 Cannon"
I think that prehaps the box labled "Trigger" in DPED is really the "Spec" and vice-a-versa. Because the box marked "Spec" controls the player's trigger button.
Try it. You will be glad you did.
Regards,
B24Guy

gedm
October 9th, 2008, 12:53
FS9 conversion A/C appear transparent.
Open texture files with "Dxtbmp" and save them as "extended bitmap 16bit 565 ".
Thanks for help.
It works fine, except for prop, that turns to a grey circle, but I replaced it by a neat one.
Regards
F. de Bressy

gedm
October 9th, 2008, 12:57
Thats it for me, if anyone has more feel free to add on..:ernae:

I'll start condensing them into an adobe document in the coming days.

Cheers

gedm

watchdog22
October 9th, 2008, 22:37
Thanks for all those great hints and tips, I appreciate your recovering them for us, Cheers :applause:

Prairie_flcn
October 22nd, 2008, 15:55
Excellent post!!:ernae:

I've learned several new things that will be very helpful to improving my game. Thanks for posting and thanks to the whole helpful CFS2 community.

PF

hellcat44
October 22nd, 2008, 20:22
For screen shots...Martin Wright's MultiGrab is still an excellent program.
Available here...
http://www.mnwright.btinternet.co.uk/programs/mgrab.htm

JapLance
October 22nd, 2008, 22:49
These are a few tips I copied to a txt file just right before the forum crash. They are about eliminating the original PTO planes and bases to create other Theater of Operations:

I often just open up the stock plane's folder and place an "X" in front of the Panel folder (Ie. "XPanel"). This will remove the plane from the FF and MB menu, and I think from your plane limit, but allow them to stay in place to support planes that alias their sound folders as well as preclude the "Error" messages. I think that the MS planes with actual sound files in their sound foldes are the A6M2 Zero, N1K2J George, F4F4 Wildcat, F6F2 Hellcat and the P-38 Lightning. The A6M5 Zero, G4M Betty, Ki43 Oscar, B-24, B-25, C47 Dakota, Devestator, Dauntless and Avenger all alias to the previous list so their deletion does not jeopardize any add on planes.

With my ETO and MTO specific installations, I often just remove the stock MS planes except the A6M2_Zero as for some reason, 90 percent of the add on planes alias to its sound folder. After removing the planes; I, as others above have noted, modify the QC file and the Mdnames file and delete any mention of the stock planes. After that, I usually delete all of the stock (PTO) missions too.

If you want to get really fancy, you can also go to the "Info" folder and open up the "descrip" file and remove them from there too as well as delete all of the JPEG images of the stock planes. I've never bothered with this step as the info folder and files do not seem to impact anything but the info window when using the Mission Builder. With several installations though, I guess you could save a little bit of hard drive space by doing it.

You can delete the stock planes Nearmiss

You need to edit the MDLNames.txt file in the main folder and remove the aircraft entry from there as well as edit the descript.dat file in the Info folder and remove references from the aircraft also.

As stated earlier the qc_plane.qcb file in the Quickcom folder also has to be edited to remove all references to the aircraft - remembering to make sure the remaining all stay in numerical sequence.

I've removed all default Aircraft for my ETO install and it's quite happy and error free if you do the above.
Of course as earlier mentioned, removing default aircraft means the default missions and campaigns wont work so you can remove those if you dont plan on flying them.

You can easily remove the stock PTO airfields from your other installs. Simply remove these files:

allrunways.bgl and runways.bgl found in SCENEDB\runways\scenery and the file cfs2afd.bgl found in SCENEDB\adffiles\scenery.

With these files removed the stock PTO runways will no longer show up on the Free Flight and Quick Combat lists nor will they physically be there if you fly over that spot on the map. The infrastructure (tents, palm trees, etc.) will still be there as that is part of the GSL. But you can remove that too if it is an issue.

To remove them from the Mission Builder list you need to remove their entries in the airbases.dat file found in the INFO folder.

By the way, removing the allrunways and runways files does not impact the Mission Builder and you can still add and use the infrastructure runways if you need to.

Thank you guys, they helped me a lot to get my modded CFS2 installations up and running :applause::applause::applause::applause:.

Bill Kestell
October 24th, 2008, 14:48
I love this! Do you think you could give a set of instructions on how to post screen shots? I still don't have a handle on that.:isadizzy:

gedm
October 24th, 2008, 15:59
Bill, thats covered on post #22 above.
Excuse me, that is for taking screen shots not posting.
But posting is easy, it's just a matter of making sure they (the screen shots) arent to big (pixel wise) and then following the instruction at the bottom of the page before you make a text post.

Cheers

Pen32Win
October 25th, 2008, 18:58
I need a little break from my GSL work, planting trees is making my head spin so...

1. Regroup AI Attack/Fighter Bombers (Cat. 1,3,4,10) when they're assigned to attack a Current Point with Bombs or Rockets. Usually they scatter never to regroup.
a. After the Attack WP leave 2 WP's off 20 or so miles distant. Direction doesn't matter.
b. Create an Alternate WP route to take them back to their CV or Airfield.
c. Create a trigger set to when the Bomber Formation = 0 Bombs.
d. Create an Event based on that trigger that has an Action Delay of about 120-180 Seconds and then the Alternate Route Action.

Now the Bombers will attack targets of the AI's selection and once all of them have attacked they will regroup on the leader out away from the target area and then proceed home.

2. Targets you don't want the AI's to target. Many time when building Missions you instruct and AI formation to attack a Current Point. In this case we'll use and Airfield that's on the water, lots of those in the PTO.
The AI's always look for the closest targets first. If they're approching from the waterfront they usually will pick up the piers and warfs fist. In many cases these peirs have multiple sections. Each one ends up drawing an AI's attention. So if you have 4 or 5 sections to a pier you have 4 or five non-player AI's attack it instead of the really important targets you intended. How to fix it?

a. Open up your OBJECTS_DP folder and locate the offending objects.
b. Find the Misc Data section.
c. Change the category from 31 to 33.
d. Save and close the DP.
e. Delete the CDP file for that object.

Now the NP-AI's will leave them alone. The oject can still be destroyed but they will not be targetable in the Tactical Display. The same can be done with objects like Wolfi's wrecked ships if you choose.

I had another one when I started typing this but I've gone off the tracks... More later, if I remember...:isadizzy:

Rami
October 27th, 2008, 05:45
Forgive me for overseeing this! :redf: What a wonderful resource. Great work, Gedm and others! :ernae:

Pen32Win
October 28th, 2008, 12:20
Here's another couple items about AI AA fire.

1. Ground Objects, Ships or Ground Mounted AA Guns have two very distinctive methods of engaging targets.

Weapons that are rapid fire, non-airburst (No Flak Explosion at end of Round Life, Type 0 and 1) will look at an Opposing Aircraft, Fire, Stop Firing, Try to T&E (traverse/elevate) to reacquire the target, Fire Again, Stop and continue with this cycle until the target is out of range. These weapons will not traverse/elevate and fire at the same time. Not very realistic.

If the Object in question does have a Type 4 Gunstation in its DP this all changes. It affects the way Type 0 & 1 weapons engage targets. They will now Fire and T&E at the same time without the pause between the two actions of Tracking and Firing.

Now, if the Object is a Single Ground Mount Weapon with just one Gunstation or a ship like a PT Boat that only has MG's and Cannons you may think you're stuck. You're not. You just have to add a Type 4 Gunstations to the Object. But, you don't want this Weapon to actually fire on anything. You can't have PT Boats running around with a 5" AA Gun or a .50Cal/20mm/25mm/40mm Ground Mount spouting out Airburst shells, like MS did with the Stockers. So here's what you do.

a. Open up the DP.
b. Create a new Gunstation that is a Type 4, like this:

[GUNSTATIONS]
; Existing Gunstation
gunstation.0=0,-2,1,0.5,881,7,0.01,5000,6,40,1d1*80,0.1,4,3.4,0,0, 315,-180,180,90,-15,31.36
; Added Type 4 Gunstation
gunstation.1=4,-99,1,60,1,1,0.01,1,0,0,1d1*1,0,0,0,-85,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

This new Gunstation.1 is pointed 85* down, No T&E, has a range of 1 meter, 1 hit point and the round flies at 60FPS. It can't hit squat even if you do get close enough to trip the trigger.

c. Add a Guns Entry for the Gunstation. Like This:

[guns.1]
gun.0=10000,0,0,0,0,0,0,10000

d. Save and Close the DP, delete the CDP.

You now have a Ship/Ground Mount AA Platform that can Fire and T&E at the same time. This is why you see extra Gunstations in many of my ship and AA Gun DP's.

There is one other reason I have Extra Gunstations in several of my ship and Heavy Ground Mount AA Guns, Muzzle Flash/Smoke. I use a little trick on Type 4 Gunstations on Weapons like the IJA 75mm, M2 90mm, IJN Twin 127mm and the IJN Main Guns on BB's and CA's. On Objects that have just one Gunstation I add one but on the ships I just change one item, The Round Life Time. Change it to 0.01.

gunstation.0=4,-22,1,4.28,870,0.01,0.1,9400,7,0,1d1*1,0,9.4,76,0,0 ,0,-150,150,43,-5,2

The gun, added or existing will now act as before but you'll just see a Muzzle Flash and a small cloud of smoke when it fires.

rmalone
November 29th, 2008, 05:36
I have discoverd that when converting an ac and you get a solid prop disc, go into the texture folder, find prop spin or prop disc. etc and delete it and the prop stays and you have a transparent disc when turning.
RM

bearcat241
November 29th, 2008, 06:22
Roy, its usually a problem with the alpha-channel in the original FS9 prop bmp conflicting with the loss of alpha in the newly converted model. All you need is a new prop bmp from another CFS2-friendly plane. I routinely use the props from Krzysztof Malinowski's P-47's (4 blades) and P-40's (3 blades) and also Kelticheart's props to replace any FS9 prop bmps that don't work.

John Pirnie
October 10th, 2012, 03:27
:salute:Can someone explain and show me the correct way
to edit an airplane cfg file to add more then one texture. And
what do I have to do with the Model file and the Model MDL file
anything?
Thanks, John:isadizzy:
Here is the Plane http://forum.lwdesigns.com.au/downloads.php?view=detail&df_id=60

Typhoon Willy
October 10th, 2012, 08:13
Hi John,

Let me see if I can help you out here. I'll use the entry from the stock F4U1A_CORSAIR as an example as follows:

[fltsim.0]
title=F4U-1A Corsair
sim=F4U1A_Corsair
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=
KB_checklists=f4u1a_corsair_check

Every time you add a new texture folder to a particular aircraft folder, you will need to create a new entry under the previous one like so:

[fltsim.0]
title=F4U-1A Corsair
sim=F4U1A_Corsair
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=

[fltsim.1]
title=F4U-1A Corsair VF-17
sim=F4U1A_Corsair
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=VF17

You will note on the added entry I changed [fltsim.0] to [fltsim.1]. Also, I changed the title=F4U-1A Corsair to title=F4U-1A Corsair VF-17. Lastly, I added VF17 to the texture= . IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT THE TEXTURE= MATCH THE NAME OF THE NEWLY ADDED TEXTURE FOLDER! In this case, I would name the texture folder texture.vf17 Notice the period between the word texture and vf17.

A word of caution: If you fly one of the planes and then go back into the menu to select another plane, the texture or "skin" of the plane you flew last will appear on all the similar planes in the menu.

I hope my instruction are clear.

Good hunting!

TW

John Pirnie
October 10th, 2012, 10:02
Hi John,

Let me see if I can help you out here. I'll use the entry from the stock F4U1A_CORSAIR as an example as follows:

[fltsim.0]
title=F4U-1A Corsair
sim=F4U1A_Corsair
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=

Every time you add a new texture folder to a particular aircraft folder, you will need to create a new entry under the previous one like so:

[fltsim.0]
title=F4U-1A Corsair
sim=F4U1A_Corsair
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=

[fltsim.1]
title=F4U-1A Corsair VF-17
sim=F4U1A_Corsair
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=VF17

You will note on the added entry I changed [fltsim.0] to [fltsim.1]. Also, I changed the title=F4U-1A Corsair to title=F4U-1A Corsair VF-17. Lastly, I added VF17 to the texture= . IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT THE TEXTURE= MATCH THE NAME OF THE NEWLY ADDED TEXTURE FOLDER! In this case, I would name the texture folder texture.vf17 Notice the period between the word texture and vf17.

A word of caution: If you fly one of the planes and then go back into the menu to select another plane, the texture or "skin" of the plane you flew last will appear on all the similar planes in the menu.

I hope my instruction are clear.

Good hunting!

TW
Will see
Thanks, John

Shessi
October 10th, 2012, 10:19
Hi John,
Right, large mug of coffee at the ready..;)?

With all the MS flightsims, from CFS1 to FSX an aircraft (ac) folder contents structure is basically all the same, ie it needs to contain a Model, Panel, Sound and Texture set of files along with an airfile, an aircraft config (aircraft.cfg) file, and in CFS1/2, a DP file.

A standard ac folder will usually only have one texture folder, which contains all (generally speaking) the textures required to 'paint' the ac whilst flying in that sim. Picture 1 shows the file structure of a Lancaster BIII in CFS2, with the original single texture. As there is only one texture, the texture folder is named as just that.
There is a 'control' file, called an aircraft configuration file or aircraft.cfg as it appears, which links the model with the panel, sound and texture files of that ac. Open up this file using MS Notepad, and you will see as in Pic 1a. The first section is what we're interested in ie

[fltsim.0]
title=GB-Avro Lancaster B.III
sim=lancaster
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=

As you can see after model, panel etc there is an = sign and then blank. This tells the sim what folders to use for what purpose. So by leaving blank, this defaults to the only folders of that name will be used. So for texture, whatever is in the folder called 'texture' will be used in the sim for that ac.

There are several ways to change or add extra textures to the same model or ac. The easiest and simplist way is to swap the original texture file for the new one, and there you have a new texture. But if you wish to keep the original and add several more, then a few alterations will have to be done.

Take the new texture set, make a a new folder and place them inside. Name the folder texture, but this time add a '.' (fullstop or period) followed by a title to name it. As with the Lancaster BIII, see Picture 2. I have added texture.Jane, texture.Orchid and texture.Princess etc. If you did nothing else and went and flew this ac, the original texture would show up, but the others would not. This will be have to be done by modifying the aircraft.cfg file. See Pic 2a.

Again open the aircraft.cfg file. Basically you have to duplicate that first entry section (as above). So highlight all that first section, copy and paste to just below the original first section (one line space in between each section), do this as many times as you have new texture/skins.
Leave the original section and go to the first line of the first copied section where it still says [fltsim.0] change this to [fltsim.1]. If you have more than one new texture go to the next copied section [fltsim.0] entry and change that to [fltsim.2] and so on, there is no limit! BUT the [fltsim.XX] entry must be sequential (ie .1, .2, .3) and the very first one must be '0' (zero).

In each section go to the 'texture=' section and after the '=' add 'texture.XX' (XX being the title of that texture. It can be a name or a number). Again do this as many times as there is the number of new textures. See Picture 2 for an example. Make sure the titles of the new texture folders matches exactly with the entries in the cfg file. Then save the modified cfg file.

Restart the sim and go and select the same aircraft with several choices of new textures!!

This multiple option modification can also be applied to sounds, panels and even models....Just make sure you add the correct entries in the aircraft.cfg file, use a '.' before your new title name, AND that the spellings are all the same.

Hope this does the trick, give it a go!

Cheers Shessi

Ha ha ha!, just seen TW's reply, it took me a time to write my reply...well John I'm sure your request is well covered now.

John Pirnie
October 10th, 2012, 10:29
Hi John,
Right, large mug of coffee at the ready..;)?

With all the MS flightsims, from CFS1 to FSX an aircraft (ac) folder contents structure is basically all the same, ie it needs to contain a Model, Panel, Sound and Texture set of files along with an airfile, an aircraft config (aircraft.cfg) file, and in CFS1/2, a DP file.

A standard ac folder will usually only have one texture folder, which contains all (generally speaking) the textures required to 'paint' the ac whilst flying in that sim. Picture 1 shows the file structure of a Lancaster BIII in CFS2, with the original single texture. As there is only one texture, the texture folder is named as just that.
There is a 'control' file, called an aircraft configuration file or aircraft.cfg as it appears, which links the model with the panel, sound and texture files of that ac. Open up this file using MS Notepad, and you will see as in Pic 1a. The first section is what we're interested in ie

[fltsim.0]
title=GB-Avro Lancaster B.III
sim=lancaster
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=

As you can see after model, panel etc there is an = sign and then blank. This tells the sim what folders to use for what purpose. So by leaving blank, this defaults to the only folders of that name will be used. So for texture, whatever is in the folder called 'texture' will be used in the sim for that ac.

There are several ways to change or add extra textures to the same model or ac. The easiest and simplist way is to swap the original texture file for the new one, and there you have a new texture. But if you wish to keep the original and add several more, then a few alterations will have to be done.

Take the new texture set, make a a new folder and place them inside. Name the folder texture, but this time add a '.' (fullstop or period) followed by a title to name it. As with the Lancaster BIII, see Picture 2. I have added texture.Jane, texture.Orchid and texture.Princess etc. If you did nothing else and went and flew this ac, the original texture would show up, but the others would not. This will be have to be done by modifying the aircraft.cfg file. See Pic 2a.

Again open the aircraft.cfg file. Basically you have to duplicate that first entry section (as above). So highlight all that first section, copy and paste to just below the original first section (one line space in between each section), do this as many times as you have new texture/skins.
Leave the original section and go to the first line of the first copied section where it still says [fltsim.0] change this to [fltsim.1]. If you have more than one new texture go to the next copied section [fltsim.0] entry and change that to [fltsim.2] and so on, there is no limit! BUT the [fltsim.XX] entry must be sequential (ie .1, .2, .3) and the very first one must be '0' (zero).

In each section go to the 'texture=' section and after the '=' add 'texture.XX' (XX being the title of that texture. It can be a name or a number). Again do this as many times as there is the number of new textures. See Picture 2 for an example. Make sure the titles of the new texture folders matches exactly with the entries in the cfg file. Then save the modified cfg file.

Restart the sim and go and select the same aircraft with several choices of new textures!!

This multiple option modification can also be applied to sounds, panels and even models....Just make sure you add the correct entries in the aircraft.cfg file, use a '.' before your new title name, AND that the spellings are all the same.

Hope this does the trick, give it a go!

Cheers Shessi

Ha ha ha!, just seen TW's reply, it took me a time to write my reply...well John I'm sure your request is well covered now.

I will give it a go, But i,am not so sure it will work
Thanks, John

Typhoon Willy
October 10th, 2012, 11:07
Shessi,

I believe you give a much more detailed (and better) explanation than I did. :salute:

TW

John Pirnie
October 10th, 2012, 11:15
Shessi,

I believe you give a much more detailed (and better) explanation than I did. :salute:

TW

Ok thisis what I have done.

[fltsim.0]
title=TR_A20G
sim=TR_A20G
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=
kb_checklists=TR_A20G_check

[fltsim.01]
title=TR_A20G MJ
sim=TR_A20G
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=

[fltsim.2]
title=TR_A20G Plain
sim=TR_A20G
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=

[fltsim.3]
title=TR_A20G TOP
sim=TR_A20G
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=

[WEIGHT_AND_BALANCE]
empty_weight = 17844

The Plane is TR_A20G
It still does not show in Freeflight.
What gives?:isadizzy:

The texture files are so follows
texture.MJ
texture.plain
texture.TOF
John

Allen
October 10th, 2012, 11:45
Is the aircraft here at SOH? Since TR_A20G is not showing up this make me think something else is wrong...

sc7500
October 10th, 2012, 11:47
Mr P - You didn't change the [Texture] names to match the individual texture files.

John Pirnie
October 10th, 2012, 11:53
Is the aircraft here at SOH? Since TR_A20G is not showing up this make me think something else is wrong...

No the plane is at ( lwdesigns.com ) and at Simviation.com
John

John Pirnie
October 10th, 2012, 11:56
Mr P - You didn't change the [Texture] names to match the individual texture files.

OK, I am stupid what do you mean by that?
John

UncleTgt
October 10th, 2012, 13:24
John,

All the info has already been supplied by others, this is what they mean...

John Pirnie wrote (my changes in RED)

"Ok this is what I have done.

[fltsim.0]
title=TR_A20G
sim=TR_A20G
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=

[fltsim.1]
title=TR_A20G MJ
sim=TR_A20G
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=MJ

[fltsim.2]
title=TR_A20G Plain
sim=TR_A20G
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=Plain

[fltsim.3]
title=TR_A20G TOF
sim=TR_A20G
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=TOF

Hope this makes things clearer?

sc7500
October 10th, 2012, 13:44
...OK, I am stupid what do you mean by that?...

NO You're NOT - Just having a Senior Moment.

You should have seen ME when *I* tried to figure this out the first time ! :icon_lol:

SC
:kilroy:

John Pirnie
October 10th, 2012, 16:54

I changed the texture wording and still I am just not getting it.
There is still just the first texture showing up in freefright [fltsim.0]
the other do not show.
I have had more then three cups of coffee!!!!!!!
What am I not getting, I know that I am old and not all my faculties
are in place,But I am going nuts with this.

[fltsim.0]
title=TR_A20G
sim=TR_A20G
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=

[fltsim.01]
title=TR_A20G MJ
sim=TR_A20G
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=MJ

[fltsim.2]
title=TR_A20G Plain
sim=TR_A20G
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=plain

[fltsim.3]
title=TR_A20G TOF
sim=TR_A20G
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=TOF

HELP
John, Thanks

Allen
October 10th, 2012, 17:25
Um its not [fltsim.01]but it is [fltsim.1] remove the "0".

John Pirnie
October 10th, 2012, 17:58
Um its not [fltsim.01]but it is [fltsim.1] remove the "0".

Thanks Guys, All is ok now.
John, and I mean Thanks from an old man.:applause:
:applause:

sc7500
October 11th, 2012, 04:31
... Even if we DO all stumble around together here in the Basement !

Glad you got it done, Mr P - Now Go Flying ! :salute:

SC
:kilroy:

Shessi
October 11th, 2012, 05:05
HOOORAHH!!

Tell me, How many SOH-ers does it take to change a light bulb?..........ha ha...;)

Cheers

Shessi

Rami
January 1st, 2014, 09:21
Easy Flier,

Why don't we put your reply in this thread...it should not be lost.

Easy Flier
January 1st, 2014, 15:45
Thanks for the link, is there one about adding aircraft? trying to get a 109 to show up in combat. I've installed 4 different ones and don't see any..
I think I'm so used to the ease of FSX not doing it right in CFS2.

Thanks again

Rami
January 1st, 2014, 16:12
Easy Flier,

Try this: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?72274-Editing-an-aircraft-file&highlight=adding+aircraft

Easy Flier
January 1st, 2014, 16:38
Easy Flier,

Try this: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?72274-Editing-an-aircraft-file&highlight=adding+aircraft

I can't get the plane to show up,not the textures. The other problem is I just went to install a mission that requires planes that the links or not valid.

I'm trying to set up the ETO, but after removing stock aircraft have no planes in Quick Combat.

Hate to be a bother ,but I'm lost.......

Fibber
January 16th, 2014, 09:29
.......I know that this is a late reply but have you checked the folders of the planes you are adding? Many times they are aliased to planes you now don't have or have other problems not compatible with CFS2.

The following are some tips I have collected over the years, I don't have the authors names to credit them but I do have some guesses on them.
Here they are;

Rami
September 23rd, 2014, 10:56
I can't get the plane to show up,not the textures. The other problem is I just went to install a mission that requires planes that the links or not valid.

I'm trying to set up the ETO, but after removing stock aircraft have no planes in Quick Combat.

Hate to be a bother ,but I'm lost.......

Easy Flier,

Do you still want a response to this question?

Easy Flier
September 23rd, 2014, 11:39
Easy Flier,

Do you still want a response to this question?

No Thanks Haven't even tried to fly or fix anything in months..:dizzy:

miamieagle
September 23rd, 2014, 11:48
Here is Cody Coyote's Mission Building Handbook http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=49&sort=d&page=2&pp=20

Now you can make mission all over the World with whatever air Force you want to fly for. Thats what I like most about this Simulator.

dasuto247
May 9th, 2016, 19:40
Noticed when Wolfi's AI G3M Nells drop their bombs, the model still shows on the plane after, yet bomb hits and explodes etc. Anyone have a fix?

Allen
May 9th, 2016, 19:55
CFS2 level bombers only drop 1 bomb. This is a CFS2 but that NO one has been able to fix.

dasuto247
May 9th, 2016, 21:24
CFS2 level bombers only drop 1 bomb. This is a CFS2 but that NO one has been able to fix.

Ill be more clear as am aware of that bug. I had the G3m equipped with the 800 kg bomb.They all dropped yet the model still showed bomb hanging from belly after.Plane only carries one 800 KG bomb.Bombs hit water near the carrier assigned to hit, yet still showed on the plane.

Allen
May 9th, 2016, 23:23
Show the all of the DP [PAYLOAD.#]s

bearcat241
May 10th, 2016, 05:11
Dude, you actually flew close enough to an AI bomber after a drop to inspect the load!?! Wow...serious immersion. Evidently that's something that even the developers didn't do :dizzy:

Well, the nature of the issue itself would suggest a coding deficiency without an easy 123 fix. You're looking at something which would require a thorough exam and re-engineering of the modules which control AI behavior. Although some members may possess the skill, i don't think we have authorization for that...

dasuto247
May 10th, 2016, 10:25
Dude, you actually flew close enough to an AI bomber after a drop to inspect the load!?! Wow...serious immersion. Evidently that's something that even the developers didn't do :dizzy:

Well, the nature of the issue itself would suggest a coding deficiency without an easy 123 fix. You're looking at something which would require a thorough exam and re-engineering of the modules which control AI behavior. Although some members may possess the skill, i don't think we have authorization for that...

LOL well I noticed it after diving in an F4F and shooting one down at 3,000 feet, as I was climbing out to make another pass on formation as well as dodging their gun fire, they passed over the carrier and dropped their single 800 kg bombs from each plane, which missed but did see splashes in the water.While on next pass, which came pretty close I noticed bomb was still present after drop, so I cheated and paused and zoomed in to confirm and sure enough, bombs still hanging on each plane left in formation, even though just dropped. Well it's just this one plane the Wolfi G3M, so seeing if there is a fix.

dasuto247
May 10th, 2016, 10:26
Show the all of the DP [PAYLOAD.#]s

[GUNSTATIONS]
; Oberes Geschütz
gunstation.0=1,52,2,0.12,555,2,0.01,500,4,40,1d1*3 0,0,1.128,-4.37,0,0,180,-180,180,80,0,5
; Backbord-Rumpfgeschütz
gunstation.1=0,54,1,0.06,750,2,0.01,600,0,40,1d1*1 1,-0.877,0.225,-6.14,0.5,0,-130,-75,75,75,-75,0.4
; Steuerbord-Rumpfgeschütz
gunstation.2=0,55,1,0.06,750,2,0.01,600,0,40,1d1*1 1,0.877,0.225,-6.14,-0.03,0,130,-75,75,75,-75,0.4
gunstation.3=0,55,1,0.06,750,2,0.01,600,0,40,1d1*1 1,0.877,0.225,-6.14,0,0,130,-75,75,75,-75,0.4
; Heckgeschütz
gunstation.4=0,57,1,0.06,750,2,0.01,600,0,40,1d1*3 0,0,0.001,-13.873001,0,0,180,-180,180,25,-25,5
;
gunstation.5=3,21,8,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0, 0,0,0,0
;
gunstation.6=5,62,32,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0 ,0,0,0,0

[guns.0]
gun.0=1000,0,-0.08,-0.04,0,0,1,1000

[guns.1]
gun.0=1000,-0.16,-0.12,-1.05,0,0,1,1000

[guns.2]
gun.0=1000,0.13,-0.55,-0.39,0,0,1,1000

[guns.3]

[guns.4]
gun.0=1000,0.43,0.96,12.67,0,0,0,1000

[guns.5]
gun.0=32,0,0,0,0,0,0,8

[guns.6]
gun.0=1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

[HARDPOINTS]
mount.0=0,-1.3,0
mount.1=0,-1.18,0.4
mount.2=0.23,-1.13,1.5
mount.3=0.23,-1.13,1.5
mount.4=-0.23,-1.13,1.5
mount.5=-0.23,-1.13,1.5
mount.6=0.23,-1.13,0.1
mount.7=0.23,-1.13,0.1
mount.8=-0.23,-1.13,0.1
mount.9=-0.23,-1.13,0.1
mount.10=0.23,-1.13,-1.1
mount.11=0.23,-1.13,-1.1
mount.12=-0.23,-1.13,-1.1
mount.13=-0.23,-1.13,-1.1
mount.14=0.23,-1.13,-2.5
mount.15=0.23,-1.13,-2.5
mount.16=-0.23,-1.13,-2.5
mount.17=-0.23,-1.13,-2.5
mount.18=0,-1.135,0.7
mount.19=0,-1.135,0.7
mount.20=0,-1.135,-1.3
mount.21=0,-1.135,-1.3
mount.22=0,-1.5,0

[PAYLOADS]
payload.5=%payload_name.5%

[PAYLOAD.0]
; Payload = Gun´s only

[PAYLOAD.1]
; Payload = 1x800kg Bomb
mount.0=wep_pylon_ja_wing, 1, -1
mount.22=wep_800kg_bomb, 1, -1

[PAYLOAD.2]
; Payload = 2x 250 Kg Bombs
mount.18=wep_pylon_ja_wing, 1, -1
mount.19=wep_ja_250kg_gp, 1, -1
mount.20=wep_pylon_ja_wing, 1, -1
mount.21=wep_ja_250kg_gp, 1, -1

[PAYLOAD.3]
; Payload = 8x 60 Kg Bombs
mount.2=wep_pylon_ja_wing, 1, -1
mount.3=wep_ja_60kg_gp, 1, -1
mount.5=wep_ja_60kg_gp, 1, 3
mount.6=wep_pylon_ja_wing, 1, -1
mount.7=wep_ja_60kg_gp, 1, 3
mount.8=wep_pylon_ja_wing, 1, -1
mount.9=wep_ja_60kg_gp, 1, 3
mount.10=wep_pylon_ja_wing, 1, -1
mount.11=wep_ja_60kg_gp, 1, 3
mount.12=wep_pylon_ja_wing, 1, -1
mount.13=wep_ja_60kg_gp, 1, 3
mount.14=wep_pylon_ja_wing, 1, -1
mount.15=wep_ja_60kg_gp, 1, 3
mount.16=wep_pylon_ja_wing, 1, -1
mount.17=wep_ja_60kg_gp, 1, 3

[PAYLOAD.4]
; Payload = 8x 30 Kg Bombs
mount.3=wep_ja_30kg_gp, 1, -1
mount.5=wep_ja_30kg_gp, 1, 3
mount.7=wep_ja_30kg_gp, 1, 3
mount.9=wep_ja_30kg_gp, 1, 3
mount.11=wep_ja_30kg_gp, 1, 3
mount.13=wep_ja_30kg_gp, 1, 3
mount.15=wep_ja_30kg_gp, 1, 3
mount.17=wep_ja_30kg_gp, 1, 3

[PAYLOAD.5]
; Payload = Torpedo
mount.1=wep_ja_type_91, 1, -1

[MISC_DATA]
unit_family=2
category=2
allegiance=4
max_group_size=8
min_speed=100
cruise_speed=215
max_speed=439
min_alt=50
cruise_alt=5965
max_alt=8948
entered_service=4/1/39
crew=7

[STRINGS]
"box_name.0"=Nase
"box_name.1"=Rumpf
"box_name.2"=Pilot
"box_name.3"=Backbordflügel
"box_name.4"=Backbord-Flügelspitze
"box_name.5"=Steuerbordflügel
"box_name.6"=Steuerbord-Flügelspitze
"box_name.7"=Heck (vorne)
"box_name.8"=Heck (hinten)
"box_name.9"=Horizontaler Backbordstab
"box_name.10"=Vertikaler Stab
"box_name.11"=Vertikaler Stab
"box_name.12"=Horizontaler Steuerbordstab
"system_name.0"=Rumpfnasenstruktur
"system_name.1"=Schmierstoffbehälter
"system_name.2"=Triebwerk 1
"system_name.3"=Triebwerk 2
"system_name.4"=Hydraulikbehälter
"system_name.5"=Pilot
"system_name.6"=Funkgerät
"system_name.7"=Rumpfstruktur
"system_name.8"=Seitenruder-Steuerkabel
"system_name.9"=Bombenabwurfeinrichtung
"system_name.10"=Höhenruder-Steuerkabel
"system_name.11"=Backbord-Flügelstruktur
"system_name.12"=Backbord-Klappe
"system_name.13"=Backbord-Querruder-Steuerkabel
"system_name.14"=Backbord-Fahrwerk
"system_name.15"=Backbord-Flügelspitzenstruktur
"system_name.16"=Backbord-Querruder
"system_name.17"=Steuerbord-Flügelstruktur
"system_name.18"=Steuerbord-Klappe
"system_name.19"=Steuerbord-Querruder-Steuerkabel
"system_name.20"=Steuerbord-Fahrwerk
"system_name.21"=Steuerbord-Flügelspitzenstruktur
"system_name.22"=Steuerbord-Querruder
"system_name.23"=Heckstruktur (vorn)
"system_name.24"=Heckstruktur (hinten)
"system_name.25"=Seitenruder
"system_name.26"=Backbord-Höhenruder
"system_name.27"=Steuerbord-Höhenruder
"system_name.28"=Buggeschütz
"system_name.29"=Oberes Geschütz
"system_name.30"=Backbord-Rumpfgeschütz
"system_name.31"=Steuerbord-Rumpfgeschütz
"system_name.32"=Heckgeschütz
"payload_name.0"=Gun´s only
"payload_name.1"=1x800kg Bomb
"payload_name.2"=2x 250 Kg Bombs
"payload_name.3"=8x 60 Kg Bombs
"payload_name.4"=8x 30 Kg Bombs
"payload_name.5"=Torpedo

; DPED Version 1.21

fde_bressy
May 12th, 2016, 08:16
Can you try and replace this block
[guns.5]
gun.0=32,0,0,0,0,0,0,8

by this one:
[guns.5]
gun.0=32,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

The last figure is indicating the minimum bomb load aboard the A/C, so if > than 0, this means that you always have bombs aboard.

François

dasuto247
May 13th, 2016, 21:12
Unfortunately, that did not work. Bomb drops clear and hit the water, but the model of the bomb stayed on the plane.Supposed to be a single 800 kg bomb

Allen
May 13th, 2016, 21:37
Is this the Nelly you got? http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=53&linkid=13974

dasuto247
May 13th, 2016, 21:58
Is this the Nelly you got? http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=53&linkid=13974

Yes it is.Although now that I think about, I am using the upgrade "Genzan Air Group" version by morton.Also have a file named "redo" someone did for me so would have the range when flying missions.However, I believe the issue predates the upgrades, not sure though.

Blood_Hawk23
May 14th, 2016, 10:37
Give this a try...

Add the RED text in place of what you have.

[HARDPOINTS]
mount.0=0,-1.5,0
mount.1=0,-1.18,0.4
mount.2=0.23,-1.13,1.5
mount.3=0.23,-1.13,1.5
mount.4=-0.23,-1.13,1.5
mount.5=-0.23,-1.13,1.5
mount.6=0.23,-1.13,0.1
mount.7=0.23,-1.13,0.1
mount.8=-0.23,-1.13,0.1
mount.9=-0.23,-1.13,0.1
mount.10=0.23,-1.13,-1.1
mount.11=0.23,-1.13,-1.1
mount.14=0.23,-1.13,-2.5
mount.15=0.23,-1.13,-2.5
mount.18=0,-1.135,0.7
mount.19=0,-1.135,0.7
mount.20=0,-1.135,-1.3
mount.21=0,-1.135,-1.3
mount.22=0,-1.3,0

[PAYLOADS]

[PAYLOAD.0]
; Payload = Gun´s only

[PAYLOAD.1]
; Payload = 1x800kg Bomb
mount.0=wep_800kg_bomb, 1, -1
mount.22=wep_pylon_ja_wing, 1, -1

See if that works.

Fibber
May 14th, 2016, 12:59
Allen, IIRC, TR (Tom Sanford) awhile back did a fix that makes the AI bomber appear to drop multiple bombs. It is not here but I believe is still over at Simviation

Allen
May 14th, 2016, 14:01
Yes know of the multi bomb packs TR did. Made a few of my own like it for the B17/B-25,B-24 and for the German bombers (Ju88, Do17 and He111)

dasuto247
May 14th, 2016, 14:12
Allen, IIRC, TR (Tom Sanford) awhile back did a fix that makes the AI bomber appear to drop multiple bombs. It is not here but I believe is still over at Simviation

File name perhaps?

dasuto247
May 14th, 2016, 14:29
Tried it, did not work.Bomb drops and impacts, but the bomb remains on the belly.since its an 800 kg bomb, nell only carries one.its not the biggest deal but it annoys me, thanks for trying to help solve the issue.

Allen
May 14th, 2016, 14:57
File name perhaps?

Tom only did a set for the B-24 and Tu-2

http://simviation.com//cfs2aircraft128.htm

Also it would be nice one day to have a "CFS 2 Weapons Add-Ons" category library. The CFS 2 Other Add-Ons is getting a bit over loaded with Weapons. May need a "CFS 2 Objects Add-Ons" as well.

Oglivie
May 14th, 2016, 16:17
Dasuto,

I noticed spaces present in gunstation.5 and 6, but not sure if that is causing the problem.

;
;

Blood_Hawk23
May 14th, 2016, 16:29
Dasuto,

Can you post a copy of the DP file.

dasuto247
May 14th, 2016, 19:48
Dasuto,

Can you post a copy of the DP file.

[BOXES]
box.0=%box_name.0%,-0.94,-1.01,2.97,0.91,0.81,5.02,33,34,35,36,54,55,56,57
box.1=%box_name.1%,-0.94,-1.16,-3.74,0.92,0.94,2.96,37,38,39,40,41,58,59,60,61
box.2=%box_name.2%,-0.71,-0.31,1.39,-0.12,0.79,2.18
box.3=%box_name.3%,-12.2,-0.66,-4.14,-1,0.56,0.88,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,98 ,99,100,101,102,105,106,107,108,109
box.4=%box_name.4%,-12.82,0.12,-2.85,-12.12,0.57,-0.06,29,30,31,32,110,111,112,113
box.5=%box_name.5%,0.97,-0.66,-4.14,12.29,0.61,0.88,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,82 ,83,84,85,86,87,88,89,90,91,92,93
box.6=%box_name.6%,12.06,0.12,-2.85,12.81,0.57,-0.06,13,14,15,16,94,95,96,97
box.7=%box_name.7%,-0.97,-1.09,-8.89,0.95,0.78,-3.7,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,63,64,65,66,67,68,69
box.8=%box_name.8%,-0.97,-0.71,-11.53,0.95,0.81,-8.83,50,51,52,53,70,71,72,73
box.9=%box_name.9%,-3.82,0.23,-11.54,-1,0.49,-8.88,78,79,80,81,118,119,120
box.10=%box_name.10%,1.9,0.53,-11.66,2.08,2.35,-9.28
box.11=%box_name.11%,-2.19,0.53,-11.66,-1.98,2.35,-9.29,74,75,76,77,114,115,116,117
box.12=%box_name.12%,0.97,0.23,-11.54,3.8,0.52,-8.88

[SYSTEMS]
system.0=%system_name.0%,266,0
system.1=%system_name.1%,133,2
system.2=%system_name.2%,200,3
system.3=%system_name.3%,200,4
system.4=%system_name.4%,66,7
system.5=%system_name.5%,50,8
system.6=%system_name.6%,16,9
system.7=%system_name.7%,266,18
system.8=%system_name.8%,16,19
system.9=%system_name.9%,50,20
system.10=%system_name.10%,50,22
system.11=%system_name.11%,266,23
system.12=%system_name.12%,83,25
system.13=%system_name.13%,16,26
system.14=%system_name.14%,100,27
system.15=%system_name.15%,100,28
system.16=%system_name.16%,83,29
system.17=%system_name.17%,266,30
system.18=%system_name.18%,83,32
system.19=%system_name.19%,16,33
system.20=%system_name.20%,100,34
system.21=%system_name.21%,100,35
system.22=%system_name.22%,83,36
system.23=%system_name.23%,266,37
system.24=%system_name.24%,266,38
system.25=%system_name.25%,133,41
system.26=%system_name.26%,100,39
system.27=%system_name.27%,100,40
system.28=%system_name.28%,100,51
system.29=%system_name.29%,100,52
system.30=%system_name.30%,100,54
system.31=%system_name.31%,100,55
system.32=%system_name.32%,100,57

[BOXMAPS.0]
; Box = Nase
boxmap.0=85,0
boxmap.1=5,20
boxmap.2=10,51

[BOXMAPS.1]
; Box = Rumpf
boxmap.0=10,9
boxmap.1=65,18
boxmap.2=5,19
boxmap.3=5,20
boxmap.4=5,22
boxmap.5=10,52

[BOXMAPS.2]
; Box = Pilot
boxmap.0=100,8

[BOXMAPS.3]
; Box = Backbordflügel
boxmap.0=5,7
boxmap.1=60,23
boxmap.2=10,25
boxmap.3=5,26
boxmap.4=10,27
boxmap.5=10,29

[BOXMAPS.4]
; Box = Backbord-Flügelspitze
boxmap.0=5,26
boxmap.1=85,28
boxmap.2=10,29

[BOXMAPS.5]
; Box = Steuerbordflügel
boxmap.0=5,7
boxmap.1=60,30
boxmap.2=10,32
boxmap.3=5,33
boxmap.4=10,34
boxmap.5=10,36

[BOXMAPS.6]
; Box = Steuerbord-Flügelspitze
boxmap.0=5,33
boxmap.1=85,35
boxmap.2=10,36

[BOXMAPS.7]
; Box = Heck (vorne)
boxmap.0=5,19
boxmap.1=5,22
boxmap.2=70,37
boxmap.3=10,54
boxmap.4=10,55

[BOXMAPS.8]
; Box = Heck (hinten)
boxmap.0=5,19
boxmap.1=5,22
boxmap.2=80,38
boxmap.3=10,57

[BOXMAPS.9]
; Box = Horizontaler Backbordstab
boxmap.0=5,22
boxmap.1=95,39

[BOXMAPS.10]
; Box = Vertikaler Stab
boxmap.0=5,19
boxmap.1=95,41

[BOXMAPS.11]
; Box = Vertikaler Stab
boxmap.0=5,19
boxmap.1=95,41

[BOXMAPS.12]
; Box = Horizontaler Steuerbordstab
boxmap.0=5,22
boxmap.1=95,40

[EFFECTS.0]
; System = Rumpfnasenstruktur
Location = 0,0,0
effect.1=30,LIBRARY,fx_engfire_s,
effect.2=60,LIBRARY,fx_engfire_m,
effect.4=100,BREAK,6,

[EFFECTS.1]
; System = Schmierstoffbehälter
effect.0=10,LIBRARY,fx_oilleak_s,
effect.1=30,LIBRARY,fx_oilleak_m,
effect.2=60,LIBRARY,fx_wingfire,
effect.3=95,LIBRARY,fx_airexpl_m,
effect.4=100,BREAK,,

[EFFECTS.2]
; System = Triebwerk 1
Location = 0,0,0
effect.0=10,LIBRARY,fx_smkpuff_m,
effect.1=20,LIBRARY,fx_fuelleak_m,
effect.2=30,LIBRARY,fx_engfire_m,
effect.3=60,LIBRARY,fx_engfire_l,
effect.4=95,LIBRARY,fx_airexpl_m,
effect.5=100,BREAK,7,

[EFFECTS.3]
; System = Triebwerk 2
Location = 0,0,0
effect.0=10,LIBRARY,fx_smkpuff_m,
effect.1=30,LIBRARY,fx_engfire_m,
effect.2=60,LIBRARY,fx_engfire_l,
effect.4=100,BREAK,8,

[EFFECTS.4]
; System = Hydraulikbehälter
effect.0=10,LIBRARY,fx_fuelleak_m,
effect.1=60,LIBRARY,fx_intsmoke,
effect.2=95,LIBRARY,fx_airexpl_m,
effect.3=100,BREAK,,

[EFFECTS.5]
; System = Pilot
effect.1=100,DEATH,,

[EFFECTS.6]
; System = Funkgerät
effect.1=100,BREAK,,

[EFFECTS.7]
; System = Rumpfstruktur
effect.0=10,LIBRARY,fx_oilleak_s,
effect.4=100,BREAK,,

[EFFECTS.8]
; System = Seitenruder-Steuerkabel
effect.1=100,BREAK,,

[EFFECTS.9]
; System = Bombenabwurfeinrichtung
effect.1=100,BREAK,,

[EFFECTS.10]
; System = Höhenruder-Steuerkabel
effect.1=100,BREAK,,

[EFFECTS.11]
; System = Backbord-Flügelstruktur
Location = 0,0,0
effect.1=30,LIBRARY,fx_intsmoke,
effect.3=95,LIBRARY,fx_airexpl_s,
effect.4=100,BREAK,1,

[EFFECTS.12]
; System = Backbord-Klappe
effect.1=100,BREAK,,

[EFFECTS.13]
; System = Backbord-Querruder-Steuerkabel
effect.1=100,BREAK,,

[EFFECTS.14]
; System = Backbord-Fahrwerk
effect.1=100,BREAK,,

[EFFECTS.15]
; System = Backbord-Flügelspitzenstruktur
Location = 0,0,0
effect.1=30,LIBRARY,fx_wingfire,
effect.4=100,BREAK,4,

[EFFECTS.16]
; System = Backbord-Querruder
effect.1=100,BREAK,,

[EFFECTS.17]
; System = Steuerbord-Flügelstruktur
Location = 0,0,0
effect.4=100,BREAK,2,

[EFFECTS.18]
; System = Steuerbord-Klappe
effect.1=100,BREAK,,

[EFFECTS.19]
; System = Steuerbord-Querruder-Steuerkabel
effect.1=100,BREAK,,

[EFFECTS.20]
; System = Steuerbord-Fahrwerk
effect.1=100,BREAK,,

[EFFECTS.21]
; System = Steuerbord-Flügelspitzenstruktur
Location = 0,0,0
effect.4=100,BREAK,5,

[EFFECTS.22]
; System = Steuerbord-Querruder
effect.1=100,BREAK,,

[EFFECTS.23]
; System = Heckstruktur (vorn)
effect.1=100,BREAK,,

[EFFECTS.24]
; System = Heckstruktur (hinten)
effect.2=40,LIBRARY,fx_wingfire,
effect.4=100,BREAK,3,

[EFFECTS.25]
; System = Seitenruder
effect.1=100,BREAK,12,

[EFFECTS.26]
; System = Backbord-Höhenruder
effect.1=100,BREAK,,

[EFFECTS.27]
; System = Steuerbord-Höhenruder
effect.1=100,BREAK,,

[EFFECTS.28]
; System = Buggeschütz
effect.0=100,BREAK,,

[EFFECTS.29]
; System = Oberes Geschütz
effect.0=100,BREAK,,

[EFFECTS.30]
; System = Backbord-Rumpfgeschütz
effect.0=100,BREAK,,

[EFFECTS.31]
; System = Steuerbord-Rumpfgeschütz
effect.0=100,BREAK,,

[EFFECTS.32]
; System = Heckgeschütz
effect.0=100,BREAK,,

[GUNSTATIONS]
; Oberes Geschütz
gunstation.0=1,52,2,0.12,555,2,0.01,500,4,40,1d1*3 0,0,1.128,-4.37,0,0,180,-180,180,80,0,5
; Backbord-Rumpfgeschütz
gunstation.1=0,54,1,0.06,750,2,0.01,600,0,40,1d1*1 1,-0.877,0.225,-6.14,0.5,0,-130,-75,75,75,-75,0.4
gunstation.2=0,55,1,0.06,750,2,0.01,600,0,40,1d1*1 1,0.877,0.225,-6.14,-0.03,0,130,-75,75,75,-75,0.4
gunstation.3=0,55,1,0.06,750,2,0.01,600,0,40,1d1*1 1,0.877,0.225,-6.14,0,0,130,-75,75,75,-75,0.4
; Heckgeschütz
gunstation.4=0,57,1,0.06,750,2,0.01,600,0,40,1d1*3 0,0,0.001,-13.873001,0,0,180,-180,180,25,-25,5
;
;

[guns.0]
gun.0=1000,0,-0.08,-0.04,0,0,1,1000

[guns.1]
gun.0=1000,-0.16,-0.12,-1.05,0,0,1,1000

[guns.2]

[guns.3]

[guns.4]
gun.0=1000,0.43,0.96,12.67,0,0,0,1000

[guns.5]
gun.0=32,0,0,0,0,0,0,8

[guns.6]
gun.0=1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

[HARDPOINTS]
mount.0=0,-1.3,0
mount.1=0,-1.18,0.4
mount.2=0.23,-1.13,1.5
mount.3=0.23,-1.13,1.5
mount.4=-0.23,-1.13,1.5
mount.5=-0.23,-1.13,1.5
mount.6=0.23,-1.13,0.1
mount.7=0.23,-1.13,0.1
mount.8=-0.23,-1.13,0.1
mount.9=-0.23,-1.13,0.1
mount.10=0.23,-1.13,-1.1
mount.11=0.23,-1.13,-1.1
mount.14=0.23,-1.13,-2.5
mount.15=0.23,-1.13,-2.5
mount.18=0,-1.135,0.7
mount.19=0,-1.135,0.7
mount.20=0,-1.135,-1.3
mount.21=0,-1.135,-1.3
mount.22=0,-1.5,0

[PAYLOADS]

[PAYLOAD.0]
; Payload = Gun´s only

[PAYLOAD.1]
; Payload = 1x800kg Bomb
mount.0=wep_pylon_ja_wing, 1, -1
mount.22=wep_800kg_bomb, 1, -1

[PAYLOAD.2]
; Payload = 2x 250 Kg Bombs
mount.18=wep_pylon_ja_wing, 1, -1
mount.19=wep_ja_250kg_gp, 1, -1
mount.20=wep_pylon_ja_wing, 1, -1
mount.21=wep_ja_250kg_gp, 1, -1

[PAYLOAD.3]
; Payload = 8x 60 Kg Bombs
mount.3=wep_ja_60kg_gp, 1, -1
mount.5=wep_ja_60kg_gp, 1, 3
mount.7=wep_ja_60kg_gp, 1, 3
mount.9=wep_ja_60kg_gp, 1, 3
mount.11=wep_ja_60kg_gp, 1, 3
mount.13=wep_ja_60kg_gp, 1, 3
mount.15=wep_ja_60kg_gp, 1, 3
mount.17=wep_ja_60kg_gp, 1, 3

[PAYLOAD.4]
; Payload = 8x 30 Kg Bombs
mount.3=wep_ja_30kg_gp, 1, -1
mount.5=wep_ja_30kg_gp, 1, 3
mount.7=wep_ja_30kg_gp, 1, 3
mount.9=wep_ja_30kg_gp, 1, 3
mount.11=wep_ja_30kg_gp, 1, 3
mount.13=wep_ja_30kg_gp, 1, 3
mount.15=wep_ja_30kg_gp, 1, 3
mount.17=wep_ja_30kg_gp, 1, 3

[PAYLOAD.5]
; Payload = Torpedo
mount.1=wep_ja_type_91, 1, -1

[MISC_DATA]
unit_family=2
category=2
allegiance=4
max_group_size=8
min_speed=100
cruise_speed=215
max_speed=439
min_alt=50
cruise_alt=5965
max_alt=8948
entered_service=4/1/39
crew=7

[STRINGS]
"box_name.0"=Nase
"box_name.1"=Rumpf
"box_name.2"=Pilot
"box_name.3"=Backbordflügel
"box_name.4"=Backbord-Flügelspitze
"box_name.5"=Steuerbordflügel
"box_name.6"=Steuerbord-Flügelspitze
"box_name.7"=Heck (vorne)
"box_name.8"=Heck (hinten)
"box_name.9"=Horizontaler Backbordstab
"box_name.10"=Vertikaler Stab
"box_name.11"=Vertikaler Stab
"box_name.12"=Horizontaler Steuerbordstab
"system_name.0"=Rumpfnasenstruktur
"system_name.1"=Schmierstoffbehälter
"system_name.2"=Triebwerk 1
"system_name.3"=Triebwerk 2
"system_name.4"=Hydraulikbehälter
"system_name.5"=Pilot
"system_name.6"=Funkgerät
"system_name.7"=Rumpfstruktur
"system_name.8"=Seitenruder-Steuerkabel
"system_name.9"=Bombenabwurfeinrichtung
"system_name.10"=Höhenruder-Steuerkabel
"system_name.11"=Backbord-Flügelstruktur
"system_name.12"=Backbord-Klappe
"system_name.13"=Backbord-Querruder-Steuerkabel
"system_name.14"=Backbord-Fahrwerk
"system_name.15"=Backbord-Flügelspitzenstruktur
"system_name.16"=Backbord-Querruder
"system_name.17"=Steuerbord-Flügelstruktur
"system_name.18"=Steuerbord-Klappe
"system_name.19"=Steuerbord-Querruder-Steuerkabel
"system_name.20"=Steuerbord-Fahrwerk
"system_name.21"=Steuerbord-Flügelspitzenstruktur
"system_name.22"=Steuerbord-Querruder
"system_name.23"=Heckstruktur (vorn)
"system_name.24"=Heckstruktur (hinten)
"system_name.25"=Seitenruder
"system_name.26"=Backbord-Höhenruder
"system_name.27"=Steuerbord-Höhenruder
"system_name.28"=Buggeschütz
"system_name.29"=Oberes Geschütz
"system_name.30"=Backbord-Rumpfgeschütz
"system_name.31"=Steuerbord-Rumpfgeschütz
"system_name.32"=Heckgeschütz
"payload_name.0"=Gun´s only
"payload_name.1"=1x800kg Bomb
"payload_name.2"=2x 250 Kg Bombs
"payload_name.3"=8x 60 Kg Bombs
"payload_name.4"=8x 30 Kg Bombs
"payload_name.5"=Torpedo

; DPED Version 1.21

Allen
May 14th, 2016, 20:05
dasuto247

He ment put the DP into a .zip file than attack the zip file in a post. No one like looking at al wall of text...

Oglivie
May 15th, 2016, 12:37
An attached zip will be better to load and fine tune in the sim. Has the CDP file been deleted yet? It could be corrupted.
I attached an alternate DP for the Wolfi Nell if you want to try it. If so backup your current DP and replace it with the attached DP and delete the CDP file. CFS2 by default will make a new CDP file from the DP. Also what operating system are you currently using for CFS2? If using Windows 8, I would suggest putting CFS2 in the Windows C: folder and not the Program Files (x86) folder due to security settings of the operating system that is preventing editing changes to the DP file.

Best Regards

dasuto247
May 15th, 2016, 13:02
An attached zip will be better to load and fine tune in the sim. Has the CDP file been deleted yet? It could be corrupted.
I attached an alternate DP for the Wolfi Nell if you want to try it. If so backup your current DP and replace it with the attached DP and delete the CDP file. CFS2 by default will make a new CDP file from the DP. Also what operating system are you currently using for CFS2? If using Windows 8, I would suggest putting CFS2 in the Windows C: folder and not the Program Files (x86) folder due to security settings of the operating system that is preventing editing changes to the DP file.

Best Regards

Thank you, I will load it up this evening and see if it works. The PC I run CFS 2 on is Windows 7. I did delete the CDP

dasuto247
May 15th, 2016, 13:03
dasuto247

He ment put the DP into a .zip file than attack the zip file in a post. No one like looking at al wall of text...

Ah I figured but am unable to load things into the forum, reached my limit a while back, still unable to do so.

Oglivie
May 15th, 2016, 13:15
You are welcome, I do not know much about Windows 7 and if the security settings for that operating system would prevent editing changes to the DP.

Best Regards

Rami
May 15th, 2016, 13:22
Ah I figured but am unable to load things into the forum, reached my limit a while back, still unable to do so.

On the top right of your screen, click on the "settings" tab, (just to the left of sign out) and on the next screen, look and scroll down the left-hand side of the screen, looking for the category "attachments."

Go in and delete whatever you don't need anymore. This will allow you to clean out your attachments, then you should be able to attach more.

dasuto247
May 19th, 2016, 18:23
Still shows the bomb on the rack even after dropping the single bomb.When has the 2 bombs, one will drop but still shows two.Perhaps it is part of the model itself? I'm not sure.

Oglivie
May 20th, 2016, 12:17
If it is a part of the model I think it would show on the player version also.

The only other things I can think of:

1) The realism setting for unlimited ammo will effect the AI bombs the same as does for player.
2) The gunstation in wep_800kg_bomb DP file in the OBJECTS_DP folder has more than one weapon.
3) Somehow the mission file is respawning the weapons.
4) An issue somehow related to the inner workings of CFS2 such as a DLL module file, but I have no idea why it would effect just the Nell without effecting other aircraft. On another note the AI never run out of gun ammo, would it be the same for visual bombs?

Please note that these are just suggestions and that I have not tried the Nell in a mission to see if I have the same bomb issue.

Blood_Hawk23
May 20th, 2016, 12:54
I wonder...

What weapons pack are you using?

UncleTgt
May 20th, 2016, 14:40
TBH I'm with Oglivie, I think it's something common to enemy AI in general.

How many of us check our wingmen post strike to see all the ordnance has been expended? Even if we do check our wingmen, do we check the enemy AI strike to see if ordnance still shows post-strike?

I can see how MS AI logic might include the visual change for the Player's Flight, but just not bother for enemy AI.

Probably should fly some missions with stock enemy AI & see...:butterfly: unless someone else has already done this & can chime in?

Rami
May 20th, 2016, 16:10
Hey guys.

You do know you can set the AI bombers to attack with you flying at the back end of the formation? Also, for the AI bombers, you can edit their payloads as opposed to yours by matching up the ordnance numbers with those in the .dp file.

For example, if you are using Thicko's Do-17Z, I like to have four 250lb bombs as my disposal, but I have the AI drop the 2,000lb bomb, which is a single payload, for maximum effect.

You can also, use Tango Romeo's AI bombs for the B-24 and B-25, and modify the .dp file to accommodate these weapons.

Meanwhile, I have a Martin Maryland that drops its crew (literally!) instead of its payload.

Blood_Hawk23
May 20th, 2016, 16:20
Meanwhile, I have a Martin Maryland that drops its crew (literally!) instead of its payload.

:icon_eek:

Ummm... May I ask, Why?

The B24 Guy
May 20th, 2016, 16:28
HI Guys,
I think that this it the answer.
The AI always fly with unlimited fuel and amunition. So when their bombs hit or torp run out they are automaticaly replaced by the sim.

Regards,
B24Guy

TheBookie
May 20th, 2016, 16:43
Actually the Nell doesn't drop the external bomb,if you watch as it attacks the bomb it drops comes out of the fuselage.

TheB-24Guy,

Even with unlimited ammo I think that is only for the guns ( even with limited ammo they never seem to run out of bullets )..I have sen planes setup to glide bomb and all the external bombs are gone even after hitting the target.

Rami
May 20th, 2016, 17:03
:icon_eek:

Ummm... May I ask, Why?

Beats the hell out of me, but it's kind of funny when the AI release their payloads on a mission.

Allen
May 20th, 2016, 19:02
Beats the hell out of me, but it's kind of funny when the AI release their payloads on a mission.

Because the game sees the pilots as weapons. You need to edit the DP for the pilots/crew and make the game think they are a pylon. Below is the right MISC_DATA so crews are not dropped like weapons.

[MISC_DATA]
unit_family=4
category=37
weapon_type=20

The B24 Guy
May 21st, 2016, 06:54
Actually the Nell doesn't drop the external bomb,if you watch as it attacks the bomb it drops comes out of the fuselage.

TheB-24Guy,

Even with unlimited ammo I think that is only for the guns ( even with limited ammo they never seem to run out of bullets )..I have sen planes setup to glide bomb and all the external bombs are gone even after hitting the target.

Yep your correct. Just tested it and unlimited just applies to the guns and fuel.

Regards,
B24Guy

Blood_Hawk23
May 21st, 2016, 08:46
dasuto,

Could you do something for me? Try the US 2000lb and 500lb bombs. Let me know if those disapear or not. I'm wondering if there is something coded to the weapon type.

Who's 800kg bomb are you using?

TheBookie
May 21st, 2016, 12:07
dasuto,

Could you do something for me? Try the US 2000lb and 500lb bombs. Let me know if those disapear or not. I'm wondering if there is something coded to the weapon type.

Who's 800kg bomb are you using?

Blood_hawk,

I doesn't matter what bomb you use,it's a bug in CFS2. The bomb that the level bomber and tactical bomber ( category 2 or 5 ) drops always come out of the fuselage even if the plane carries external bombs.This is why the bomb still shows.If the Nell is setup as a attack or glide bomber ( category 4 ) the external bombs will release.

Blood_Hawk23
May 21st, 2016, 14:18
Thats good to know. I had a feeling it was a hard code somewhere.

Rami
April 12th, 2019, 14:03
Hey guys,

You'd think I know this cold...but what is the setting for turning carb effects "on" for an early-war Hurricane? 0, 1, or 2? :banghead:

bearcat241
April 12th, 2019, 15:16
0=fuel injected
1=gravity carb
2=aerobatic carb

Early-war Hurricane and Spit would be "1"

Rami
April 13th, 2019, 07:15
Bearcat,

Thank you very much! :very_drunk:

bearcat241
April 13th, 2019, 08:01
:encouragement::very_drunk:

Rami
May 18th, 2019, 07:10
Good morning,

I need a little .dp tweaking here. When the Martin Marylands fly as AI in the Battle of France, instead of releasing bombs, they release the "Maryland crew," which is the pilot and navigator, and I don't know quite how to fix it. Here is the .dp section...

[HARDPOINTS]
mount.0=0.22,0.40,-0.10 ///stbd top middle
mount.1=-0.22,0.40,-0.10 ///port top middle
mount.2=0.22,-0.10,-0.10 ///stbd btm middle
mount.3=-0.22,-0.10,-0.10 ///port btm middle
mount.4=-0.22,0.40,0.335 ///port top fwds
mount.5=0.22,0.40,0.335 ///stbd top fwds
mount.6=-0.22,-0.10,0.335 ///port btm fwds
mount.7=0.22,-0.10,0.335 ///stbd btm fwds
mount.8=-0.22,0.40,-0.775 ///port top rear
mount.9=0.22,0.40,-0.775 ///stbd top rear
mount.10=-0.22,-0.10,-0.775 ///port btm rear
mount.11=0.22,-0.10,-0.775 ///stbd btm rear
mount.12=0.0,0.0,0.0 ///Maryland crew
mount.13=0.0,0.0,0.0 ///LR fuel tank

[PAYLOADS]

[PAYLOAD.0]
; Payload = Guns Only
mount.12=wep_Maryland_crew, 1, 0

[PAYLOAD.1]
; Payload = LR Recon
mount.13=wep_d4y2_drop_tank, 1, 1

[PAYLOAD.2]
; Payload = Bombs Light (8 x 50kg)
mount.4=Bombe_50KG, 1, 11
mount.5=Bombe_50KG, 1, 11
mount.6=Bombe_50KG, 1, 11
mount.7=Bombe_50KG, 1, 11
mount.8=Bombe_50KG, 1, 11
mount.9=Bombe_50KG, 1, 11
mount.10=Bombe_50KG, 1, 11
mount.11=Bombe_50KG, 1, -1

[PAYLOAD.3]
; Payload = Bombs Medium (4 x 100kg)
mount.0=Bombe_100KG, 1, 3
mount.1=Bombe_100KG, 1, 3
mount.2=Bombe_100KG, 1, 3
mount.3=Bombe_100KG, 1, -1

[PAYLOAD.4]
; Payload = Bombs Heavy (2 x 200kg)
mount.0=Bombe_200KG, 1, 1
mount.1=Bombe_200KG, 1, -1

[MISC_DATA]
unit_family=2
category=5
allegiance=17
max_group_size=8
min_speed=129
cruise_speed=399
max_speed=489
min_alt=50
cruise_alt=5965
max_alt=8948
entered_service=2/1/39
crew=3

Can anyone help me, please? :dizzy:

Roxane-21
May 18th, 2019, 08:04

Change this "0" value to "-1" on each [PAYLOAD.X].

You may do the same for the drop tank. Change the "1" to "-1", otherwise you will not be able to use it.

mount.13=wep_d4y2_drop_tank, 1, 1

Rami
May 18th, 2019, 08:25

You may do the same for the drop tank. Change the "1" to "-1", otherwise you will not be able to use it.

Roxanne-21,

Merci! :encouragement:

Sarg Willy
May 18th, 2019, 22:17
Ok Rami spill the beans , Your working on a new mission , Dr Strange Love , and your just practicing , droping Slim Pickens and a nuke

Rami
May 19th, 2019, 02:10
Sarg,

I have to admit, that did go through my mind. I was watching the flight in front of me release, and something didn't look right. I hit the key to follow the bomb view to the target and suddenly realized..."Wait a minute, those aren't bombs, they're dropping crews!" Aw, s*it, how do I fix this?"

Just goes to show you why mission testing, not just writing, has significance. :very_drunk:

Rami
May 20th, 2019, 01:42
Roxanne-21,

I flew the mission again, and am happy to report that the Marylands released their bombs and not their crews. Thanks again for the tip! :wavey:

And Sarg Willy - Slim Pickens stayed aboard so he could also star in Blazing Saddles.

Rami
June 10th, 2019, 02:13
Hey guys,

I don't quite know how to correct an issue I'm having. When shooting down the DFS 230 glider and the Ju-52 transport, they do not "count" as kills in the mission, even though you shoot them down. This is a real problem if you have combat-related warping scenarios.

Also, the Potez 63 series (At least the Potez 631 C3) has severe AI performance issues....the aircraft wallows through the air like a pregnant whale, and will crash on its own in combat without you firing a shot.

Any ideas on how to correct these issues? :dizzy:

UncleTgt
June 10th, 2019, 13:33
Here you go Andrew

It took a bit of detective work to figure it out - I changed the cannon trigger for the nose mounted 20mm - now the AI will use it in combat, & had to re-arrange the Gun Stations by moving the "Bomb Release" to last place. Now the nose MG & wing mounted gunpods work just fine ... oops,:toilet_claw: back to Basic Training for me!

Maybe the airfile needs some more work, but the -C3 was originally a 3 place Radio Comms aircraft the French impressed as a nightfighter/ground-attack plane, so I'd be skeptical about making it too agile...

Rami
June 11th, 2019, 01:13
UncleTgt,

Thank you very much! I am still at a loss about the other two issues though...:dizzy:

UncleTgt
June 11th, 2019, 03:08
Andrew

Mine don't "wallow", did you try the modified air & cfg I put in the zip? The original Peperez airfile is really only suitable as a player aircraft (as a lot of Pepe's airfiles were designed so).

Re. the Ju52 & DFS230 - maybe change the aircraft family from "transport" in the dp file will get you a kill - might seriously affect how they respond to your attack mind...

Rami
June 11th, 2019, 03:41
Andrew

Mine don't "wallow", did you try the modified air & cfg I put in the zip? The original Peperez airfile is really only suitable as a player aircraft (as a lot of Pepe's airfiles were designed so).

Re. the Ju52 & DFS230 - maybe change the aircraft family from "transport" in the dp file will get you a kill - might seriously affect how they respond to your attack mind...

John,

I was just referring to the DFS and Ju-52 at this point. I will try that suggestion.

Sarg Willy
June 14th, 2019, 17:59
Hi Rammi , Just wondering if it,s like the ship thingy , Give the pilot a low powered , pistol , and see what happens ,

bearcat241
June 15th, 2019, 07:31
I don't quite know how to correct an issue I'm having. When shooting down the DFS 230 glider and the Ju-52 transport, they do not "count" as kills in the mission, even though you shoot them down....

I never thought about this before, but being that we're working with a dedicated combat flight sim where scoring depends on player performance against armed targets, there might be a code omission for crediting the destruction of non-combat aircraft, i.e. transports, in A2A actions.

Ever noticed that when you set up an escort mission in QC you can't get the sim to auto-select a C-47 as your escort package, nor does it give you that option manually. It always defaults to a bomber type -- or at least that's been my experience. Its as if it doesn't respect unarmed transports for combat purposes. Easy confirmation would be to set up a test mission with a Zero, Oscar or George intercepting a gaggle of C-47's. If you get a kill count, my theory falls short.

The B24 Guy
June 15th, 2019, 11:19
Hi Rami,

It seems that if the aircraft does not have a GUN you can not get credit for a KILL.

One can limit the swivel limit, put an offset for the bullets and decrease the damage dice.

This will make it nearly impossible for the enemy to hit you.

Other then that you will have to find another way to trigger your event.

Hope this helps,

B24Guy

Rami
June 15th, 2019, 13:28
Hey guys,

First, thank you for all of your feedback on this thread!

Second, because this issue was discussed before, we did put a gun station on the glider, and the Ju-52 is also equipped with guns. Bearcat241 and UncleTgt seem to be more on the right track here. Considering this, I'm going to test this evening altering the MISC_DATA section category from a "9" to a "2," and see if that makes a difference.

Stay tuned...

Rami
June 15th, 2019, 15:20
Bearcat and UncleTgt,

Confirmed. Changing the MISC_DATA section category from a "9" to a "2" did the trick. :encouragement:

The B24 Guy
June 15th, 2019, 15:51
Your right Rami, for some reason Changing the MISC_DATA section category from a "9" to a "2" did not work for me earlier.

Computer memory may not have cleaned out like I thought.

Glad it is fixed,

B24 Guy

Rami
September 2nd, 2019, 14:02
Good evening,

In certain specific .dp files, how do I "dumb down" the AA accuracy so that they don't chew up aircraft formations with such regularity? What numbers am I looking for, and how do I adjust them?

Ravenna
September 2nd, 2019, 17:37
Rami,

This site should give a few useful pointers:

http://www.hans-egebo.dk/Tutorial/damtut.htm

Depending on what parameters you want to change you will get varying effectiveness from the AA. Reducing the damage dice in the gunstation will make the AA less effective. So will reducing the rounds per minute and the time alive. You could also limit the number of rounds in the guns entry.

Rami
September 2nd, 2019, 17:50
Ravenna,

Thanks, this is specifically referring to .dp files for AA guns and one ship .dp file. :encouragement:

Allen
September 2nd, 2019, 20:31
I remember something about change the gun to use "Cannon" in the Trigger and Spec boxes but this applied to bombers.

Ravenna
September 2nd, 2019, 20:51
Ravenna,

Thanks, this is specifically referring to .dp files for AA guns and one ship .dp file. :encouragement:

Yep, that was understood in my reply above. The gunstations section in the AA DP has various relevant parameters.

Here's an example from one of the WWI AA DPs:
[GUNSTATIONS]
gunstation.0=4,-1,1,10.00,1127.76,60,0.08,4000,0,100,1d1*50,0,0,0, 0,0,0,-180,180,80,-10,8

;range=4 Km (2.5 miles)

[guns.0]
gun.0=1800,0,2.4036,1.1808,0,0,1

[MISC_DATA]
unit_family=4
category=29
allegiance=1

Another parameter you could change is the angle or field of fire for the gun/s and limit the area covered by facing the AA gun in a direction which doesn't cover all of the oncoming "traffic".

UncleTgt
September 3rd, 2019, 00:51
Everything Ravenna said.

The sim treats everything as a machine gun bullet, & only tracks it for 2 seconds. So "real world" muzzle velocities won't give Heavy AA the reach it needs, but speeding up the bullet makes them super-accurate.

The only other thing I would add to Ravenna's comments would be to tweak the angle-off:

[guns.0]
gun.0=1800,0,2.4036,1.1808,0,0,1

change to:

[guns.0]
gun.0=1800,0,2.4036,1.1808,+0.5,-0.5,1 or similar

This means the initial rounds will be high(+) or low(-), or starboard (+) or port (-) of the target's real position. The AI will try to compensate, & as the range decreases & the angle off error distance reduces, eventually it will get onto target, but this buys you engagement time.

I use this quite often for bomber guns, my rule of thumb is adjust both for hand-held weapons, & one or the other for turretted weapons.

Also I would checks the time between rounds.

[GUNSTATIONS]
gunstation.0=4,-1,1,10.00,1127.76,60,0.08,4000,0,100,1d1*50,0,0,0, 0,0,0,-180,180,80,-10,8

as too often these are theoretical rates of fire, & flak guns in particular would not operate at these rates all the time (they wait for the first rounds to burst & correct the barrage).

Also don't forget many light weapons are clip fed, so sustained rates of fire are far short of the values often quoted. ie increased time between rounds. eg JAP 25mm auto actual engagement RoF was 225 - 250 rpm, far short of the guns capability, mainly because of the clip feed issue.

MaskRider
September 3rd, 2019, 02:25
Great thread!

MR

Rami
September 3rd, 2019, 06:09
Thanks guys,

I am slowly but surely working my way through some remaining hurdles before the packages are ready to release. When I get to this point, if I have any other questions, I will certainly ask. :mixed-smiley-010:

I appreciate the feedback and instruction!

UncleTgt
September 3rd, 2019, 13:11
IIRC I've posted this before, these are my notes for adjusting (most) WW2 Flak gun values. Some may find it useful.

Ravenna
September 3rd, 2019, 16:39
Great little resource. Thanks Uncle!

The time between rounds you highlighted is a very useful operator. I've been increasing it gradually in Robert John's Maxim Flak14 Cannon ( soon to be released in the Flanders Pack) and leaving the tweaked angle off as a constant. Flying the same mission, with height heading and no evasive flying I end up being bracketed with 37mm rounds but each increase in the time between rounds buys me more time before being hit. Because this weapon is belt fed the increase in time between rounds is limited. The Maxim's rof was 300 rpm or 5 seconds between rounds, so even allowing for change of belt/drum the rate would be sustained when there is whole battery of guns.
Decreasing the rof to 7 seconds between rounds and increasing the angle off to +0.7, -0.7 bought me an extra 30 seconds. As I was the only target I assume that a large formation would have an increased chance of survival.

dvslats
September 4th, 2019, 08:07
Just to add one more log to the wood pile...Pen did some rather extensive work on the *.dp files for land based AA fire. He literally spent hours in the sim pulling information as to what is actually going on in CFS2. The revised files are included in the AF_AA_Pak2.zip (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=6066&catid=45). Spend a little time going through the readme. It's pretty informative.

There's another *.zip with his ship *.dp files. (forget the name ATM) The parameters in these (IMHO), are a great improvement compared to the stock iterations. :untroubled:

Rami
November 10th, 2019, 15:25
Good evening,

Dumb airfile question....if you are flying an aircraft that in real life does not have a retractable landing gear but does in the sim, how do you correct this? :dizzy:

Ravenna
November 10th, 2019, 15:51
Rami, what aircraft/ model is this?

Rami
November 10th, 2019, 16:21
Rami, what aircraft/ model is this?

Michael,

Jim Jacobson's Westland Lysander Tropical. I use it in BoF for a nine-mission campaign, as well as in a few other missions.

https://simviation.com/1/download-file?file=lystrop1.zip&fileId=32685

Note: This version in BoF has been substantially modified by UncleTgt and Baldy to get rid of the underbelly tank, as well as to add the wheel spar fairings for bomb racks..

Captain Kurt
November 10th, 2019, 16:37
The air file should have these entries

Section 1004 Landing Gear

*type of gear =0
cycle time left main= 0.0
cycle time right main= 0.0
cycle time nose/tail= 0.0

Captain Kurt
November 10th, 2019, 17:06
Andrew, I just flew the plane and checked the air file. It needs to have the cycle times fixed, but I think you are referring to the gear up and down sounds heard in the cockpit. That is an error in the Gladiator sound file which the Lysander uses. (Should be fixed for the Glad too). The sound cfg calls for a gear up and a gear down sound and the sound folder has a wav sound file for each. The cfg file should have the gear entries deleted and the wav sounds removed from the sound folder.

Oooookay, further update. I've made the changes above and the plane still has gear up and gear down sounds. Theoretically that should not be possible as there are no gear sounds in the aircraft sound files, but it seems there is a default sound somewhere for a retractable gear. Still changing the gear type to =0, i.e. fixed, should have fixed that.

So now I'm stumped. Anyone else know what's going on here?

Captain Kurt
November 10th, 2019, 18:34
Okay figured it out. :applause:

Not only does the air file have to have the entries described above, but the aircraft.cfg file contact points for the gears have to have the retract and extend times set to 0.0 and the sound set to 0.

These are the last three values in each gear contact point values line.

Ravenna
November 10th, 2019, 20:36
Brilliant detective work CK!

Allen
November 10th, 2019, 23:57
Even with gear fixed I think the game will tell you to raise the gear?

Rami
November 11th, 2019, 04:15
Kurt,

Thanks for all of the detective work. The only thing I can't figure out is which of the contact points in the aircraft.cfg file references the landing gear.

But since I went through at your recommendation and modified the sound.cfg in the Mercury sound pack since the single-engined .cfg file is only used by the Lysander and two Gladiators, I guess it's kind of moot at this point?

Captain Kurt
November 11th, 2019, 08:23
Hi Andrew

The landing gears are normally the first 3 lines of [contact_point] values. The first value in each line defines what the line is addressing. A value of 1= a landing gear; a value of 2= a scrape point, etc.

The first line of values (point.0) is usually the tail / nose gear and the second (point.1) and third (point.2) being the left and right gears.

For those who may be interested, I dug this out of my notes archives. The order of the values in each [contact_point] line is this:

0 = type of contact point (1 is a landing gear, 2 is a scrape point, 3 is a skid point, 4 is a float point)
1 = fore / aft position (in feet relative to the CoD [center of datum or center of the model] positive number is forward, negative number is aft)
2 = lateral position (in feet relative to CoD positive number is right,negative number is left)
3 = vertical position (in feet relative to CoD, positive number moves the aircraft up, negative number moves down)
4 = impact damage threshold (feet per minute the speed at which an impact with earth will cause damage)
5 = brakes (0= none, 1= left wheel, 2= right wheel)
6= wheel radius (in feet)
7= steering angle (in +/- degrees the angle which a wheel can pivot, normally only nose/tail wheel)
8= static compression (in feet the distance a landing gear is compressed while at rest on the ground)
9= maximum compression to static compression (a ratio defining gear compression on landing)
10= damping ratio (value 0.0 to 1.0 defining oscillation [bumping] over the ground. Usually seen between 0.55 to 0.95)
11= gear extension time (in seconds, 0 indicates fixed gear)
12= gear retraction time (in seconds, 0 indicates fixed gear)
13= sound type
( 0=center gear or no sound for fixed gear)
( 1=auxiliary gear)
( 2=left gear)
( 3=right gear)
( 4=fuselage scrape)
( 5=left wing scrape)
( 6=right wing scrape)
( 7=auxiliary 1 scrape)
( 8=auxiliary 1 scrape)
( 9=tail scrape)
14= airspeed limit (in knots speed which gear can no longer be extended. Discovered this value is not included in the line of values for fixed gear aircraft)
15= airspeed damage threshold (in knots the airspeed above which landing gear gets damaged. Discovered this value is not included in the line of values for fixed gear aircraft)

Rami
November 12th, 2019, 02:41
Kurt,

Thanks for finding out the answer to these questions, I appreciate it. :encouragement:

Rami
December 12th, 2019, 04:46
Good morning,

The FDG P-36 ex-donationware model "uses the Force" when on the ground, and the main wheels rest well above the runway surface. I find it quite annoying, actually.

While I am doing tweaks and testing for the BoF release, how do I correct this? :banghead:

Shessi
December 12th, 2019, 05:22
Hi Rami,

Go to ac.cfg, and the Contact points section.

The first three entries ie 0, 1, 2 are the tail wheel and then the two main gear info entries. Each section within those entries are separated by commas.

At begining of each entry you will see an = sign, after this count the sections along to the fourth entry, this is the vertical contact point info for this contact point.

As the contact points are measured from the ac central datum point, the contact points are always a - minus figure. To raise the ac/ contact point away from the surface you increase the - minus figure, and to lower the ac/contact point towards the ground you have to reduce the - minus figure.

To help take a look at the M$ FS ac.cfg page, about 1/4 way down is the section Contact points...https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/microsoft-esp/cc526949(v=msdn.10)?redirectedfrom=MSDN

If the sit of the ac is good then AOK, if not you can tweak the static_pitch angle, which is with the Contact points section.

Cheers

Shessi

Captain Kurt
December 12th, 2019, 05:51
Hi Rami

Download this handy contact points primer by -E and keep it in your files for ongoing reference. Despite misspelling the word complete, he knows his stuff. It explains contact points and how to adjust them succinctly.

Rami
December 12th, 2019, 05:53
Shessi,

Thank you...mission "partially" accomplished. Now, when the mission or free flight loads, the aircraft "drops" onto its new contact points, which place it on firm ground.

Does this mean that I now have to lower the pitch angle?

Rami
December 12th, 2019, 06:05
Good morning,

Update: Adjusted the static .cfg and pitch angle as well as the main and tail wheels, she now rests on the grass rather than hovering over it. Thanks for the help! :encouragement:

UncleTgt
December 12th, 2019, 07:04
Rami

Looks like you got things sorted. For info, there is a 64 bit compliant, free to use version of Aircraft Container Manager 2.5 available at Simviation.

Rami
December 12th, 2019, 07:20
Rami

For info, there is a 64 bit compliant, free to use version of Aircraft Container Manager 2.5 available at Simviation.

UncleTgt,

You mean this? :snowman:

Rami
December 12th, 2019, 07:59
Hey guys,

I also have another question regarding Thicko's Dornier bombers and the Ju-88s by Krystof Malinowski. When attacked from behind, they both have a tendency to dive hard if the damage focuses on the control surfaces, (elevator and rudder assemblies on the tail) and then recover after several seconds, which has the effect of throwing off your attack. However the Heinkel bomber does not do this.

Is this AI behavior or a .cfg /.air issue?

MaskRider
December 12th, 2019, 10:24
Very informative thread! Thanks guys!

I am going to play around with this little contact point issue! ;^)

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=72824&stc=1

MR

UncleTgt
December 12th, 2019, 14:16
Rami

I think it's the AI logic, but the airfile influences behaviour too (as does the "category" in the dp file).

I took a quick look at all 3 airfiles using AirEd & noticed the GC He111 has a much smaller elevator area (record 320) than either the Do17Z2 or the KM Ju88A4 - (only 13 sq ft versus 49 & 44 sq ft)

I suspect changing this value will reduce the elevator authority (record 1101; Cm-de Pitch Moment- Elevator) & thereby it's tendency to use the vertical to react to attack:icon30:. Of course there'll be trade-offs, reduce the elevator authority too much & the Ju88 will suck as a dive bomber:gameoff: (it'll never pull out of the dive, so the AI pilots will probably not go into a dive attack profile, no matter what their mission orders might be...:blind:)

Rami
December 12th, 2019, 14:18
Rami

I think it's the AI logic, but the airfile influences behaviour too (as does the "category" in the dp file).

I took a quick look at all 3 airfiles using AirEd & noticed the GC He111 has a much smaller elevator area (record 320) than either the Do17Z2 or the KM Ju88A4 - (only 13 sq ft versus 49 & 44 sq ft)

I suspect changing this value will reduce the elevator authority (record 1101; Cm-de Pitch Moment- Elevator) & thereby it's tendency to use the vertical to react to attack:icon30:. Of course there'll be trade-offs, reduce the elevator authority too much & the Ju88 will suck as a dive bomber:gameoff: (it'll never pull out of the dive, so the AI pilots will probably not go into a dive attack profile, no matter what their mission orders might be...:blind:)

UncleTgt,

If there's no good option here, then let's leave it alone and let the AI continue their slippery weasel ways. :encouragement:

p14u2nv
December 12th, 2019, 14:38
I agree with MaskRider as this is indeed an extremely informative discussion. I have wondered for years now how this is accomplished as I too have several aircraft that need to be corrected. Amazing that learning has never stopped since release in 1999 with this sim. Thank you all.

Rami
December 13th, 2019, 01:36
I agree, this thread was very productive, especially with Shessi providing concise, clear details about where to look, and CK's link to a handy-dandy reference guide. :encouragement:

Rami
January 10th, 2020, 16:56
Hey guys,

I need to tone down the AA fire in Mas' KMS S-100 class ship, and it's not included in the revised .dp file packages by Pen32Win. How do I do this?

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=237&id=25424

Thanks in advance,

TheBookie
January 10th, 2020, 18:20
Hey guys,

I need to tone down the AA fire in Mas' KMS S-100 class ship, and it's not included in the revised .dp file packages by Pen32Win. How do I do this?

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=237&id=25424

Thanks in advance,

You need to reduce the rate of fire in the dp,that's one of the things Pen32Win did.

TheBookie

Captain Kurt
January 10th, 2020, 19:00
You can also reduce the range at which the AA opens fire.

Ravenna
January 10th, 2020, 20:37
Two other things you could do: reduce the time alive for rounds and reduce the ammunition available in the [GUNS] entries.
For the [gunstation] entries, starting after the equals sign, the entries are:
number 4-firing interval, calculated at 1 divided by rpm/60
number 6-time alive
number 8- attacking range

You could also play with the damage dice.

achim27619
January 11th, 2020, 05:11
Another thing you can do is to alter the direction the gun is fireing. But just a wee bit. At a distance aou are save but see the bullits coming. The closer you are the greater the probability of beeing hit.
Cheers
Achim

Rami
January 11th, 2020, 05:19
Good morning,

Thank you for all of the advice. It actually occurred to me this morning that since I am using two different types of Schnellboots, I will look at the .dp of the older Groundcrew model and use that as a guide (with Pen32Win's revision) to essentially tone down the other .dp file.

Shadow Wolf 07
January 11th, 2020, 08:31
I really need a refresher on the dp... Your replies above really help a 70+ pilot/designer refresh his "ata base." By the way, someone (I forget who the author was and lost the URL) once published a detailed breakdown of the dp. I long ago mislaid my copy, does anyone have it?

TheBookie
January 11th, 2020, 12:06
I really need a refresher on the dp... Your replies above really help a 70+ pilot/designer refresh his "ata base." By the way, someone (I forget who the author was and lost the URL) once published a detailed breakdown of the dp. I long ago mislaid my copy, does anyone have it?

It's a shame bot the link is dead,I tried it last night.

TheBookie

Ravenna
January 11th, 2020, 12:28

Hi Shadow Wolf,
Do you mean Caleb Flerk/ Bill Carraway? His e-book collection has been posted to the SOH library under the "Other" category.

Shadow Wolf 07
January 11th, 2020, 13:32
Hi Shadow Wolf,
Do you mean Caleb Flerk/ Bill Carraway? His e-book collection has been posted to the SOH library under the "Other" category.

Couldn't find it, but thank you! :applause::applause: I will look again.

Ravenna
January 11th, 2020, 14:04
Couldn't find it, but thank you! :applause::applause: I will look again.

Doh! I gave you a wrong stear! Here is the page:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=49

Shadow Wolf 07
January 11th, 2020, 14:29
Got it, Thank you for your research. :wavey::applause::applause:

Rami
January 11th, 2020, 14:39
Good evening,

The top one is from the revised .dp file by Pen32Win for the Groundcrew German Schnellboot.

[GUNSTATIONS]
; 7.62 Mg
gunstation.0=0,45,1,0.05,1230,2,0.01,600,1,40,1d1* 8,0.64,1.984,0.64,0,0,0,-180,180,75,0,0.35
; 20mm Gun
gunstation.1=0,46,1,0.08,762,2,0.04,800,4,50,1d1*3 4,-0.64,1.984,0.64,0,0,0,-180,180,75,0,3.53
; Torpedo
gunstation.2=5,62,32,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1d1*8,0,0,0,0,0 ,0,0,0,0,0,0

[guns.0]
gun.0=1800,-0.69,1.2,10.06,0,0,1,1800

[guns.1]
gun.0=1800,0.66,2.9,-13.17,0,0,1,1800

[guns.2]
gun.0=4,0,0,0,0,0,0,4

And this is from the Mas KMS Schnellboot S-100 series.

[GUNSTATIONS]
; 20mm Gun0
gunstation.0=0,-3,1,0.15,839,2,0.01,500,4,40,1d1*20,0,2.361,13.285 ,0,0,0,-120,120,80,-5,1.6
; 20mm Gun1
gunstation.1=0,-4,1,0.15,839,2,0.01,500,4,40,1d1*20,0,1.968,-2.72,0,0,180,-160,160,80,-10,1.6
; 40mm Gun2
gunstation.2=4,-8,2,0.5,935,3,0.05,1500,6,50,1d1*40,0,1.82,-9.965,0,0,180,-150,150,75,-10,2.5

[guns.0]
gun.0=5000,0,0.409,2.44,0,0,1,5000

[guns.1]
gun.0=5000,0.136,0.482,-1.636,0,0,1,5000
gun.1=0,-0.136,0.482,-1.636,0,0,0,0

[guns.2]
gun.0=3000,0,0.531,-2.067,0,0,1,3000

What numbers do I adjust again? Could someone please highlight the relevant numbers in a different color, such as red? :dizzy:

stuart277
January 11th, 2020, 21:49
Hi Rami
Do you have DPed?
This program is very useful.

[GUNSTATIONS]
; 7.62 Mg
gunstation.0=0,45,1,0.05,1230,2,0.01,600,1,40,1d1* 8,0.64,1.984,0.64,0,0,0,-180,180,75,0,0.35
; 20mm Gun
gunstation.1=0,46,1,0.08,762,2,0.04,800,4,50,1d1*3 4,-0.64,1.984,0.64,0,0,0,-180,180,75,0,3.53
; Torpedo
gunstation.2=5,62,32,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1d1*8,0,0,0,0,0 ,0,0,0,0,0,0

[guns.0]
gun.0=1800,-0.69,1.2,10.06,0,0,1,1800

[guns.1]
gun.0=1800,0.66,2.9,-13.17,0,0,1,1800

[guns.2]
gun.0=4,0,0,0,0,0,0,4

And this is from the Mas KMS Schnellboot S-100 series.

[GUNSTATIONS]
; 20mm Gun0
gunstation.0=0,-3,1,0.15,839,2,0.01,500,4,40,1d1*20,0,2.361,13.285 ,0,0,0,-120,120,80,-5,1.6
; 20mm Gun1
gunstation.1=0,-4,1,0.15,839,2,0.01,500,4,40,1d1*20,0,1.968,-2.72,0,0,180,-160,160,80,-10,1.6
; 40mm Gun2
gunstation.2=4,-8,2,0.5,935,3,0.05,1500,6,50,1d1*40,0,1.82,-9.965,0,0,180,-150,150,75,-10,2.5

From my understanding

Red is damage dice, the lower the last number the less damage done. I use numbers like MAS 20 for 20mm, 8 for 7.9mm etc
Green is range in Metres, gun will not fire until AC is within range.
Blue is rounds per minute. It is an odd calculation/
As Ravenna says, it calculated at 1 divided by rpm/60
ie
If rpm is 60, 1 per second then 1 divide by 60/60 (1) = 1
If rpm is 6, 1 per second then 1 divide by 6/60 (1) = 10
If rpm is 30, 1 per second then 1 divide by 30/60 (1) = 2

Hope this helps

Cheers
Stuart

Roxane-21
January 11th, 2020, 23:00
Blue is rounds per minute. It is an odd calculation/
As Ravenna says, it calculated at 1 divided by rpm/60
ie
If rpm is 60, 1 per second then 1 divide by 60/60 (1) = 1
If rpm is 6, 1 per second then 1 divide by 6/60 (1) = 10
If rpm is 30, 1 per second then 1 divide by 30/60 (1) = 2
In a more simple way, this is the time interval (in second) between two rounds, so all you need to do is divide 1 by the rounds per second rate.

Ravenna
January 11th, 2020, 23:38
...and to get your rounds per second you still need to divide RPM by 60. Most tables give RPM so the calculation Stuart mentioned is unavoidable. Thank goodness for calculators!:encouragement:

Roxane-21
January 12th, 2020, 01:17
...and to get your rounds per second you still need to divide RPM by 60. Most tables give RPM so the calculation Stuart mentioned is unavoidable. Thank goodness for calculators!:encouragement:

Of course this is the same. I find it more understandable to divide by 60 first to get rounds per second, and then invert the result to get the time interval. Depends of if your mind is more mathematical than concrete. :bee:

_486_Col_Wolf
January 12th, 2020, 11:30
Shadow Wolf,
I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for but it may help: http://hans-egebo.dk/Tutorial/damtut.htm

Rami
January 21st, 2020, 17:42
Chris,

Years back, you produced a fix for Wolfi's small factory that would cause CTD errors when hit. I think his Factory_bldg_01 and _Factory_bldg_02 may have the same issue, although I'm not sure which one it is at the moment.

How did you go about correcting this? This is something I'd like to corral before releasing BoF, as it is currently affecting several missions. :dizzy:

MaskRider
January 21st, 2020, 19:13
Hiya Rami,

Yes, I recall the episode. But you'll need to give me some time to dig into what the solution was.

I think it very unlikely that it was anything I myself came up with. Seems to me it was someone else who provided the fix.

Cheers,

Chris

Rami
January 22nd, 2020, 02:28
Chris,

Thank you for checking!

Rami
January 22nd, 2020, 12:19
MaskRider,

I was able to confirm that it is both factory buildings.

MaskRider
January 22nd, 2020, 20:12
Hiya Rami,

LOL! I have no idea how that got fixed.

Somebody, not I, made some sort of change, I believe (but won't swear), to the wf_smal_factory_1.dp file and that fixed it.

But search as I may through the forums, through my back-ups and old emails backups and PMs I can find nothing that describes the process by which the issue got fixed.

I remember that it was something that I discovered and posted about in the cfs2 forum.

As I said, some one, not I, came up with the fix.

On any number of random occasions in the past I have stumbled across the annotated images I attached to my posts about the issue. Now, naturally, when I am actually trying to find them- I can't.

I will keep digging but I think the best chance is that someone with the requisite skill-set will stumble across this thread and supply the fix.

I am sure something will shake loose.

Cheers,
Chris

Captain Kurt
January 22nd, 2020, 20:23
Excuse me for butting in here guys. I just put together a little test mission with 3 of each of these factories and attacked them with bombs, rockets and cannon and in all cases I could destroy them without any issues. Observing the damage concurring, it's apparent that the effects in these two .dp's are very complex compared to other building damage effects and they go on for a long while, again comparatively.

So in an fairly isolated scenario where there is little else going on during the damage occurring, they don't cause CTDs.

That leads me to speculate that when these damage effects are called in a scenario loaded with other effects occurring, lots of objects to render, etc., the call for the damage effects in these two buildings are simply overloading the computer RAM - or perhaps the CFS2 game engine - and a CTD is the result.

Rami, you don't say how dense the scenario setup is like that these CTDs are occurring in is, but try this as an experiment. Copy the .dp's from the stock factory buildings and rename them as the Wolfi factory building .dp's and temporarily replace Wolfi's with the renamed .dps. Then run your test missions again and see if CTDs still occur.

MaskRider
January 22nd, 2020, 20:36
Excuse me for butting in here guys. I just put together a little test mission with 3 of each of these factories and attacked them with bombs, rockets and cannon and in all cases I could destroy them without any issues. Observing the damage concurring, it's apparent that the effects in these two .dp's are very complex compared to other building damage effects and they go on for a long while, again comparatively.

So in an fairly isolated scenario where there is little else going on during the damage occurring, they don't cause CTDs.

That leads me to speculate that when these damage effects are called in a scenario loaded with other effects occurring, lots of objects to render, etc., the call for the damage effects in these two buildings are simply overloading the computer RAM - or perhaps the CFS2 game engine - and a CTD is the result.

Rami, you don't say how dense the scenario setup is like that these CTDs are occurring in is, but try this as an experiment. Copy the .dp's from the stock factory buildings and rename them as the Wolfi factory building .dp's and temporarily replace Wolfi's with the renamed .dps. Then run your test missions again and see if CTDs still occur.

Not butting in at all. Happy for the help.

WRT to the scenery density overloading the game, yes, this is a definite possibility. However, in the two case where I was experiencing the problem: one in a location up in the hills outside the DEI Moemi and DEI Ransiki and the other at a location on Saipan, anytime wf_smal_factory_1 was shot and blew up it cause the game to crash or freeze or whatever it did. However, after the fix was applied, whatever it was, everything was Kosher- with the factory never being moved away from any of the objects among which it was located.

So, its kind of puzzler.
MR

Captain Kurt
January 22nd, 2020, 20:55
Yep, let's see what Rami's experiment produces.

Cody Coyote
January 23rd, 2020, 05:24
Although I haven't been able to fly CFS2 for years I still visit this forum daily and download just about every CFS2 file I find interesting. In looking through my downloads I found this file, which I had renamed. In light of that rename, this might be what you're looking for Rami.

Captain Kurt
January 23rd, 2020, 08:06
Yep, that's a replacement dp file :applause:

Rami
January 23rd, 2020, 12:50
Chris and Kurt,

It would seem my CTD with Wolfi's library objects may have been the result of corrupted files on my end. I deleted the filelist.dat and .cdp files, and reinstalled the objects.

The problem has not recurred. :encouragement:

MaskRider
January 23rd, 2020, 13:26
Aaahhh Andrew, that is good. Glad you got it fixed. And now...

"A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to CFS2-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no crashing-to-desk-top clients to vex us with their conundrums!”

Cheers,
Chris

_486_Col_Wolf
January 29th, 2020, 12:00
Rami,

I know you use a lot of random chance elements in your missions and was hoping you could give me some insight into percentage numbers. Please bear with me, this gets complicated.

I wrote a mission in which you fly Hurricanes and meet up with Spits that are triggered to spawn when you reach waypoint 2 and named that event "spawn spits on time". I gave that an 80% chance element. Then I wrote an event called "spawn spits late" in which the Spits spawn 30 seconds late by adding a 30 second delay before they spawn and choosing the "spawn on time" event as "not". Since the "spawn spits on time" event is set for 80% true, I assumed it meant that the "spawn spits late" event would automatically happen 20% of the time. However, no matter how many times I fly the mission the Spits always spawn late.

So the Triggers look like this:

Name: Player A/C reaches waypoint 2, Trigger Parameter: player A/C, waypoint reached = +2
Name: 80% Chance, Trigger Parameter: percentage random number = 80

and the events look like this:

Name: spawn spits on time
trigger(s): Player A/C reaches waypoint 2
80% Chance

action(s): spawn unit ......

Name: spawn spits late
trigger(s): Player A/C reaches waypoint 2
spawn spits on time (event) checked"not"

action(s): delay = 30 seconds
spawn unit ......

All of this looks correct except that it wasn't until after I changed the "spawn spits on time" event to 90% true that the Spits spawn on time most of the time and less frequently spawn late.

So my question is this, if I want to spawn A/C on time most of the time but spawn late a small percentage of the time, is there percentage numbers that just don't work like 80% or 60% ? Should I stick to 25, 50, 75 and 100% ?

Shadow Wolf 07
January 29th, 2020, 13:44
486_Col_Wolf: That is an excellent question as I often use varied percentage numbers like 33% and 67% as well as multiples of 20. I am eagerly awaiting an answer from the experts. :wiggle:

Rami
January 29th, 2020, 18:57
486_Col_Wolf,

Hmmm...I usually don't spawn aircraft that way, but that's an interesting theory. For my part, I usually use random chance elements for two purposes...50/50 missions, (you either fly one scenario or the other) and aircraft spawns. But I don't use the technique you describe, they either show up or they don't, depending on the percentages.

For my percentages, I use quarters and thirds, but I am also quite fond of sevenths. 14, 28, 42, 57, 71, etc. In my experience any percentage should get the results you want, but CFS2 does indeed tend to run "hot and cold," so sometimes, even though there may be only a 20% scenario of something happening, it can happen five missions in a row during testing,

I've never figured that one out. :dizzy:

Rami
January 30th, 2020, 04:15
486_Col_Wolf,

To answer your question more completely, I would have to try that scenario myself. To me, your analysis makes sense and it should work that way, however I can't confirm that without actually running a test scenario in Mission Builder. :encouragement:

Rami
February 3rd, 2020, 17:05
Good evening,

At the request of several users, here is a thread for us old hands to give the youngings some advice, and for the newbies to ask the Ben-Gay crowd how do do things in CFS2 before the cobwebs set in. :biggrin-new:

So have at it! If there are any posts of threads that should be added, give me a heads up.

Shessi
February 4th, 2020, 02:53
Well done Rami, nice action-this-day!

Let's see what happens.....

Cheers

Shessi

Ravenna
February 4th, 2020, 03:54
Thanks Rami. One could add that this is also about users of all ages helping to fill in knowledge gaps and asking for assistance.

Rami
February 4th, 2020, 05:36
One could add that this is also about users of all ages helping to fill in knowledge gaps and asking for assistance.

Congratulations, you just did. :redfire:

Shadow Wolf 07
February 4th, 2020, 05:44
Good evening,

At the request of several users, here is a thread for us old hands to give the youngings some advice, and for the newbies to ask the Ben-Gay crowd how do do things in CFS2 before the cobwebs set in. :biggrin-new:

So have at it! If there are any posts of threads that should be added, give me a heads up.

Old hands? You young whipper-snapper! :wavey: Yes we needed a sticky for our collective knowledge base. :applause:

_486_Col_Wolf
February 4th, 2020, 10:50
Rami,

I use the "show up on time" and "show up late" scenarios to increase realism immersion of two squadrons meeting up in scramble conditions. After all, we're simulation 1940's technology as far as aircraft, enemy detection, and navigation. It's a wonder anyone ever met up on time in the right place LOL.

Ravenna
February 14th, 2020, 13:15
I thought I was across this but now I'm just mystified.:dizzy:

I have been using the Caleb Flerk explanation for gunstation and guns numbers. All good until I get to the guns numbers determining the origin of bullet stream. The second, third and fourth numbers after the equals sign are for the X,Y and Z parameters determining (in metres) the origin of the ammunition. It is supposed to work with the X, Y and Z number in the gunstation entry (found just after the damage dice entry).

Whatever numbers I use in the guns section I get a bullet stream originating from BOTH the gun barrel and a position behind the gunner. This only seems to be a problem for rear gunners.

What have I not understood? :banghead:

Sarg Willy
February 16th, 2020, 10:46
Ravenna Gunstation,s represent the weighted center of gravity position , for the ammo weight , x,y,z,
If the Gun,s = 0 retains all zero,s , then Gunstation,s -- x,y,z becomes the flash point too,

Gun,s may also contain --x,y,z as a number also , this is the secondary flash point monicure ,

It has no bearing on aircraft CFG , center of gravity , and is souly a flash point set up ,
shifting the gun flash point left -right -front to back --

Gun,s the secondary source ,x.y.z is adjusted plus or minus from X,Y,Z of Gunstation ,s
to correct flash point --

Ammo weight and there fore position has a direct bearing on air craft center of gravity ,
and may cause poor flight handeling trait,s ,

So you could alter -- correct Center of Gravity via Gunstation,s --- and use GUN,S to
correct just the flash point , to correct air craft poor handeling ,

I hope this helps , you out Sarg

Ravenna
February 17th, 2020, 00:54
Sorry Sarge, I'm a bit confused. With changes to the X,Y and Z parameters in the gunstation the gun flashes are correctly placed. Are you telling me that the placement of the gun flash in guns will create the origin for the bullet stream from that weapon?

peperez
February 17th, 2020, 05:01

There's another simple way to do this: simply delete the SECOND value in pilots and crew itens.

Cheers

Pepe

Sarg Willy
February 19th, 2020, 17:11
Sorry Sarge, I'm a bit confused. With changes to the X,Y and Z parameters in the gunstation the gun flashes are correctly placed. Are you telling me that the placement of the gun flash in guns will create the origin for the bullet stream from that weapon?

Perhaps I misunderstood your question , I had assumed you were after flash point adjustment ,
bullet stream as far as I can determine is just an Fx tracer line , to a generick single Fx,

Flash point can be adjusted from both Gunstations XYZ --- and Guns --- XYZ --

Ravenna
May 25th, 2020, 20:51
Does anyone know where I can find the small utilities which delete all the filelists and CDP files?

blohmundvoss
May 26th, 2020, 01:50
Does anyone know where I can find the small utilities which delete all the filelists and CDP files?

Hi ravenna

iI you mean the batch files that Sander made way back when, here you go . . .76478

Ravenna
May 26th, 2020, 18:22
Thanks Blohmundvoss! That's what I was looking for. Hopefully clearing out my CDP files will get me back into Free Flight and the Mission Builder.:jump:

TheBookie
July 9th, 2020, 15:37
Anyone notice when doing a dive bombing mission that the AI sometimes take a long time to attack ships, even the players flight? Does anyone know why?Even when you are setup to attack from behind the target the AI will fly away.I know some will say they have to get the best angle to attack which is true but another factor comes into play.

I'm going let you think on it and see what the CFS2 Gurus have to say.

TheBookie

Ravenna
July 9th, 2020, 22:03
Do you have your category set as 3 (for dive bomber) and the type as 2 (for bomber) in the DP's Misc Data section?

TheBookie
July 9th, 2020, 23:49
Do you have your category set as 3 (for dive bomber) and the type as 2 (for bomber) in the DP's Misc Data section?

Yes they are setup the right way. I've been playing CFS2 since it came out and know how to setup the planes in the dp,redo the cfg file when it needs some adjustments and fix airfiles. I also make my own missions and gsl.

TheBookie

bearcat241
July 10th, 2020, 06:23
All AI skill and aggressiveness set to highest levels, starting altitude always above 5000 ft (I prefer 15k). For my player's flight, it comes down to command and control. Circle around to rear of the surface formations at a 3 mile range to avoid too much accurate AAA and give your wingmen a good setup range, select each target individually and command wingmen to attack them by 2-ship elements, not as a group.

If they start to wander off, command again with a single "A" keystroke rather than double "A" while keeping their respective target selected. I always start with the mission objective target first. And I send them in two ships at a time.

In summary, rather than trying to be the lead striker and hit targets first, you have to take on the role of CAG on-target and be the team quarterback, e.g., "rejoin - attack this", "rejoin - attack that". If you hold your ordnance, you can always clean up the mission objective target yourself later if it survives your wingmen and other AI strikers. Otherwise, use your load on stragglers.

TheBookie
July 10th, 2020, 12:57
Scenario

2 AI flights of Dauntless Dive Bombers of 4 set at 14000ft and 12000ft behind the 2 carriers to be attacked,each attacks a different carrier.My flight 7 Dauntless at 11000ft is to attack my choice.

When AI get close they turn around and reset to attack.There is a reason for this but not sure if you know why.It's not just to get the best angle to attack but another factor probably coded into the game.

I figured Rami would know as he builds missions.

TheBookie

bearcat241
July 10th, 2020, 13:17
...I figured Rami would know as he builds missions.

FYI Rami builds mainly for public domain, for which we're all very grateful. I've always built missions for private use only, so there's that also. Same mechanics either way. Keeping all to myself gives me more flexibility to do what I want and not be as restricted by historical details the general community might be sensitive about.

But just taking this a little further, if I may, what's the range to target when you give the attack commands on your choices? Taking your last post on the surface, it sounds like the wingmen are too close and the AI engine needs to reset. Tasking them further out might help. Are you also setting all AI skill and aggressiveness to highest levels?

TheBookie
July 10th, 2020, 14:40
FYI Rami builds mainly for public domain, for which we're all very grateful. I've always built missions for private use only, so there's that also. Same mechanics either way. Keeping all to myself gives me more flexibility to do what I want and not be as restricted by historical details the general community might be sensitive about.

But just taking this a little further, if I may, what's the range to target when you give the attack commands on your choices? Taking your last post on the surface, it sounds like the wingmen are too close and the AI engine needs to reset. Tasking them further out might help. Are you also setting all AI skill and aggressiveness to highest levels?

I know Rami does missions for the public but figured he knows some answers as he does so many.

All planes warp to 5 to 6 miles from targets,so the AI flights have plenty of time to attack but they fly away as they are getting closer,maybe 3000/4000 meters or yards,and setup again and attack.

My flight is far enough away when I want them to attack,I've played this sim since it came out so I'm not a novice at this as I think you might think I am.Also the skill and aggressiveness are set to the highest levels.I have noticed this behavior by divebombers over the years even when flying missions from others at SOH.

TheBookie

Rami
July 10th, 2020, 17:42
TheBookie,

I have found that the AI are always consistent in their approach no matter which direction you attack from. Usually, they will turn 180 or 270 degrees from the direction of the flight path to attack convoys, tank columns, or fixed ground targets. They also like to attack from between 5,000 and 7,000 feet, so if you set up attacks from above that height, they will descend to 10,000 ft as they approach the target, and then drop altitude further as they make their turns approaching the peel off point.

I usually set up the player flight with AI in the lead, so they automatically attack the assigned target, leaving you free to select different ones. Or, you can select targets for your wingmen to hit as well. There are many ways to do it.

Having a predictable pattern of attack does make it easier to set up the missions, though, once you catch onto it. There's a set AI pattern for torpedo attacks as well; the AI sweep ahead of the convoy and then turn 270 degrees to attack it from the side.

I hope this helps. :santahat:

TheBookie
July 10th, 2020, 18:43
Rami,

I already knew the answer and just wanted to see if others knew it.My AI usually attack from about 6500 ft.Seems only you knew what I was talking about.

I also know about torpedo attacks and other things.Like I said I'm not a novice with CFS2 or Mission Building.I have read Cody's hand book and Talon's ( RIP ) notes on mission building. Shame he never did his own tutorial because he had alot of info beyond Cody's.

TheBookie

TheBookie
July 14th, 2020, 15:06
Some people may not know this but I was told about it years ago.If the plane name or info is to long in the CFG file if you use more than 1 plane CFS2 may crash,it may also apply to folder names but not sure.

TheBookie

Rami
July 14th, 2020, 17:00
TheBookie,

FYI...We have a thread for these types of posts. :encouragement:

TheBookie
July 14th, 2020, 17:22
TheBookie,

FYI...We have a thread for these types of posts. :encouragement:

Not to argue but sometimes people don't see the thread unless it's in the open forum.Maybe you could let it stay there and move it,just a thought.

TheBookie

Rami
July 14th, 2020, 17:58
The Bookie,

The redirect isn’t set to expire for two days. And if people post in this thread, it keeps it active. We can redirect newcomers and old hands to continue using it.

Something to chew on.

TheBookie
July 15th, 2020, 13:55
Something for you to chew on

Don't be a smart ass,maybe with others you get away with it but it doesn't fly with me.

TheBookie

Rami
August 22nd, 2020, 05:19
Good morning,

I am having a CTD error problem in free flight and MB with the VC in this aircraft, and I can't seem to find a way to correct this. Can anyone help me out here?

Aircraft: https://simviation.com/cgi-bin/syb2.cgi?section=cfs&file=SM84cfs2.zip

Texture: https://simviation.com/cgi-bin/syb2.cgi?section=cfs&file=SM84cfs2_texture.zip

Thanks in advance,

Allen
August 22nd, 2020, 06:02
Just remove render_3d_window=1 from the panel.cfg is the quickest.

EDIT
Installed the SM84cfs2.zip and not getting any problems with FF or QC. Using Win7

Rami
August 22nd, 2020, 06:15
Just remove render_3d_window=1 from the panel.cfg is the quickest.

EDIT
Installed the SM84cfs2.zip and not getting any problems with FF or QC. Using Win7

Allen,

Thanks for the prompt reply, but that line is not present. I am getting it when I switch from the 2d panel to the VC. Any time the VC loads, the sim crashes out. I am not getting this problem with any other aircraft, and I have tried reinstalling this aircraft three times from the ground up. :dizzy:

If I remove the panel entirely, I have no problems with the aircraft.

I'm using Windows 10, if that makes a difference?

Allen
August 22nd, 2020, 06:21
A Win7+ panel problem will lock up at the start of any mission that you fly it. Thinking a gauge problem. Try removing the b17-fuel gauges. They are FS98 era and some do not work well in CFS2.

Rami
August 22nd, 2020, 07:20
Allen,

Thanks. I know it’s a VC problem, so that’s a good place to start. 😎

Rami
August 22nd, 2020, 10:05
Allen,

Going section-by-section, I narrowed it down to this panel.cfg entry, but I can't determine what is the actual trigger. The remainder of the panel.cfg works flawlessly. :dizzy:

[Vcockpit04]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=512,512
position=7
visible=0
ident=
pixel_size=512,512
texture=$vc4.bmp

gauge00=737-400!Transponder, 9,27,175,64
gauge01=boeing777-300!PFD, 187,30,111,61
gauge02=boeing777-300!Comm 1, 5,94,144,67
gauge03=boeing777-300!Clock, 5,165,72
gauge04=boeing777-300!Nav 1, 148,95,150,67
gauge05=cessna!VOR1, 78,164,70,71
gauge06=cessna!Master_Alt_Bat, 5,240,41,60
gauge07=cessna!Avionics Switch, 48,240,36,63
gauge08=cessna182rg!Switches, 93,244,193,61
gauge09=concorde!Annunciator, 0,306,286,32
gauge10=concorde!Radio-Lights, -1,340,286,48
gauge11=concorde!Radio-Adf, 294,334,127
gauge12=concorde!Radio-Altimeter, 150,166,74
gauge13=concorde!Radio-Comm1, 293,278,127
gauge14=concorde!Radio-Naviagtion-1, 429, 278 ,55,52
gauge15=concorde!Radio-Naviagtion-2, 431,333,56
gauge16=concorde!Radio-Transponder, 298,173,199,94
gauge17=GPS100A, 303,29,194,132
gauge18=concorde!Fuel-Flow, 226,169,64,70
gauge19=mooney_bravo!Fuel Flow, 343,391,144,70
gauge20=mooney_bravo!Clock, 232,393,108,64
gauge21=mooney_bravo!Amps, 169,391,58,62
gauge22=mooney_bravo!Fuel Pressure, 100,391,67,61
gauge23=mooney_bravo!Altitude Alerter, 2,391,95,62

MaskRider
August 22nd, 2020, 10:31
Rami,

Try editing out a subgroup of gauges and retrying the AC. As soon as you get it to work ok you will know that the offending gauge is in the last subgroup you deleted. Then reinstall all gauges and start eliminating each gauge from that last subgroup one at a time until the thing works. Then dump that gauge permanently.

Narrowing it down like that is sometimes the only way to do it.

Have fun! :^)

MR

Allen
August 22nd, 2020, 10:33
My guess is on one of the add-on gauges. 737-400!Transponder or GPS100. The SM84cfs2.zip didn't have both so this may be why I had no problems but you did as you got those gauges from someplace.

kdriver
August 22nd, 2020, 10:54
Andrew,

I'm using Windows 7 and the panel is working perfectly for me. I had a look at virtual cockpit 4 in FS Panel Studio and all the gauges are displaying.

Try deleting the entire Vcockpit04 section and see what happens. The gauges are unrealistic after all.

Kevin

Rami
August 22nd, 2020, 11:12
Kevin,

Deleting that VC section was a total cure, and the AI behavior for the torpedo run works beautifully, so I am inclined to just go forward without the section entirely. Thanks! :encouragement:

Rami
August 27th, 2020, 18:08
Good evening,

Shaking my head in disgust about some missions I did in the past. I dug out an old mission I did on the Battle of Cape Matapan, and did a complete re-do for the Balkans update. Breaking up the flight of eight Swordfish into four flights of two, and setting them up like a Stuka mission, I used object health triggers for all ships in the Italian formation of cruisers and destroyers. Each flight of two Swordfish targeted a different cruiser, (Fiume, Bolzano, Duca degli Abruzzi, Guiseppe Garibaldi) and on their attack run, all four cruisers got sent to the bottom. Two Swordfish were lost to AA fire.

Chopping up the flight of eight into four groups off two means that you as the player get credit for you and your wingmen sinking four cruisers, rather than just one. This worked on a couple of German and Italian missions as well with torpedo and dive bombers.

Sarg Willy
August 27th, 2020, 20:29
That's an interesting observation Rami, did you set them up to attack from four quadrants to split the AA fire, or just designate the attack order?

I'm guessing that each flight of two, therefor had their own assigned priority target. If I understand your statement correctly, I'm thinking if they all went in at the same time , you must have a pretty good computer to track all the damage records.

Well done, thanks for the tip.

Rami
August 28th, 2020, 01:11
Sarg Willy,

Thanks for responding. I wish I could set them up from four quadrants, but the AI have a set pattern. As you they approach a ship target, they peel off to starboard and drop down to about one hundred feet, passing astern of the ship formation. About three or four miles away from the ship(s), they then make a turn to port and swing 'round to attack the ships essentially from an angle a bit off dead astern.

With a Beaufighter, Sm-79, Sm-84, He-111, Avenger, or a Barracuda, the attack run is usually pretty quick. When flying a Swordfish or an Albacore, you have time for a hot towel and a shave.

I also set it up so that you are not the lead aircraft in the formation. Since you are flying a Swordfish, Albacore, He-111, Sm-84, or the like, you're not going to be asking the AI to break off and attack fighters anyway. The AI will automatically follow through with the attack, and because you can play follow the leader, it gives you some flexibility to hang back a bit and see if the AI hit their targets, then select another ship that the AI weren't assigned to hit if you wish.

That's why I include all ships in the formation when I use health triggers and events. It makes the missions more complicated to write, but it gives you many more attack options as well.

Ravenna
August 28th, 2020, 18:39
Hi Rami,

Very interesting reading. As I read your post it sounds as though the new player flight is 2 aircraft and the other 3 flights are generated separately, being assigned using triggers to attack particular ships. If that's what you set up then Sarge's idea of attacking from 4 quadrants would also be possible using quadrant specific areas from which attacks could proceed, with loitering timed to "dilute" the AA fire.

Rami
August 29th, 2020, 02:39
Ravenna,

In theory, that could dilute AA fire to an extent, but now you're talking about adding extra layers of timing complexity onto a scenario that already is very complex, for a benefit that would likely be marginal to minimal.

You are attacking a ship formation of eleven Italian vessels; four cruisers and seven destroyers. Each one is set up so that if you sink one, you get credit for it. Sinking one of the cruisers or light cruisers is a mission goal, and you can also get the same benefit of a mission goal if any combination of two destroyers in the formation are also sunk.

Timing the mission is already tricky due to the nature of using object health as a trigger. Because this implies that the ships exist when the mission starts, you have to spawn the ships at the first waypoint, when the mission begins. Ergo, your attack waypoint has to coincide where the ships will be at the same time as the waypoint for the aircraft flight, which requires practice to get right. Now multiply that for the other ten ships and three additional flights, making sure the ships are in recognizable order with the destroyers screening the vessels.

And, because this attack did not exist in a vacuum, the British cruiser and destroyer flotilla is sandwiched between the southern formation, which you attack, and the northern formation, which included the Vittorio Veneto, their own cruisers and destroyers, and an attack by Fairey Albacores which are coming in as you skedaddle to the south.

I use a similar approach with carrier missions in this specific campaign. When you take off, the carrier and her protection screen continue on their way, and when you come back, you meet the carrier and her escorts where they would be when you get back, not where you began. This requires the same technique of timing.

It's why I'm not a big fan of naval missions the way I construct them.....they are time consuming!

Rami
August 29th, 2020, 05:26
Ravenna,

Here is a pic of the attack zone. :santahat:

P51FAN
August 29th, 2020, 11:06
Because this implies that the ships exist when the mission starts, you have to spawn the ships at the first waypoint, when the mission begins Rami if you don't mind my asking, is there a reason you can't just add the spawn event as part of the trigger?

Rami
August 29th, 2020, 13:42
P51Fan,

Because I include a "mission failure" trigger for each ship if their health remains above 51 percent, and a "mission success" for each ship if their health reaches 50 percent or below. (Conversely, if you're protecting a convoy for ship formation, these percentages are switched)

This is how I generate target flexibility and increased mission success for both the AI and yourself.

If the ships are not spawned so that they are present when the mission starts, then the sim interprets that as the ships already being either destroyed or saved, and if it's a protection mission, this sim were interpret this as the ships being destroyed, and since I include multiple targeted ships being lost as a failure, the mission will end twenty-five seconds after takeoff. Fortunately, unless the AI are making torpedo or dive bombing runs, they can't hit the broad side of a barn during level bombing attacks.

Conversely, if it's an attack mission, the mission will end in failure or a "better luck next time" message once you release your bombs/torpedoes and fire off your ammo without damaging any of the ships. However, the chances of this happening become very unlikely, because not only do you get credit for any ships that your wingman / wingmen get, you also get credit for any ships that the other AI flights get as well. So not only does it make it easier to achieve mission success, it also provides you with a way to avoid a mission failure if your aim sucks.

I use the same technique for Stuka mission against ships. :santahat:

_486_Col_Wolf
August 29th, 2020, 15:43
Rami,

You can try to add a trigger to the mission failure/success events that indicates the ships health level just after the attack. ie...

Trigger- A/C ??? reaches way point ???
Trigger- Ship ??? health above 50%
= Event Mission Failure

and conversely...

Trigger- A/C reaches way point ???
Trigger- Ship ??? health below 50%
= Event Mission Success

This way the event looks for something after the attack to consider the ship's health. I use these kind of triggers in my escort success/failure events.

Rami
August 29th, 2020, 15:49
486_Col_wolf,

I use that for bomber and other escort missions, but for ships it doesn't work as well to provide the level of target flexibility I look for. Good advice though.

Stevo4557
October 3rd, 2020, 19:13
I've posted this all over, sorry I'm a bit new around these parts:

I have been struggling for what feels like weeks now to make any significant progress through the Essex campaign. However, I can never get past the first couple missions before I perpetually crash to desktop (usually the Wake missions). I take off all fine and good, but I can never load the next action scene. I have actually flown to within 35 nm of the rendezvous point several times as well, but same result - abrupt crash to desktop.

Is there any fix or clues as to what I'm doing wrong? I installed and re-installed several times, following Rami's PTO instructions (and the individual installations) to a T, and have been hunting for conflicts all over. Sometimes it's the first Wake mission (F6F-3), sometimes the second (SBD). I am operating off of a brand new Predator Helios 300, so I know my computer can handle it. I've been super excited to fly through this campaign, but I'm starting to lose hope for it :( Any and all advice is welcome - this is a cry for help!!

Steven

Allen
October 3rd, 2020, 19:27
This sounds like a mission problem as it sounds like you are over water when things crash so nothing should be spawning at that point.

Stevo4557
October 3rd, 2020, 19:39
This sounds like a mission problem as it sounds like you are over water when things crash so nothing should be spawning at that point.

I think there's some truth to this - I get the same result when I place the missions into the MISSIONS folder rather than arriving at them in the campaign. But then I have to wonder, how is it that I was able to play through the first Wake mission a few times, but not on other attempts? Maybe because I started a brand new campaign?? And is there a fix, given I've downloaded the campaign multiple times with the same result? I've edited dps and cfgs with ease, but the mission files might be beyond my capabilities.

ElsnerMarkus
November 6th, 2020, 23:56
Hi folks, I have a RX 5500 XT in my PC, now I took the backup copy which I created under Win 7 and copied it into the program folder, everything works except the most important. The field of hardware acceleration is greyed out.Does anyone know how to fix it or do I have to reinstall the game from CD as admin?Will there be problems if I just take over a working backup?

Allen
November 7th, 2020, 11:46
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#post1204663

Also look at this tutorial thing I made.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w4MkBJe7nqHPEc0Aq78515qXMWaDAL85/view?usp=sharing

Herbie the Duck
November 16th, 2020, 12:01
Hi, I've just resurrected my old CFS2 discs, including the Harrier Jump Jet add-on. I've followed the advice on other posts and the sim works well on Win10, with the exception that non-stock aircraft are not flyable - selecting them causes the game to crash when the scenery tries to load. Weirdly, if I fly a stock CFS2 aircraft, I can fight against Sea Harriers, A-4s and Mirages, so the AI element is fine. I get the same with most, but not all, aircraft imported from this site. An old Hurricane is fine, but a Bf109 crashes to desktop on loading. Any ideas?

Allen
November 16th, 2020, 12:30
Crash or lock up?

Shadow Wolf 07
November 16th, 2020, 14:29
I think there's some truth to this - I get the same result when I place the missions into the MISSIONS folder rather than arriving at them in the campaign. But then I have to wonder, how is it that I was able to play through the first Wake mission a few times, but not on other attempts? Maybe because I started a brand new campaign?? And is there a fix, given I've downloaded the campaign multiple times with the same result? I've edited dps and cfgs with ease, but the mission files might be beyond my capabilities. Have you replaced yours with the Wake missions I reloaded into the download package in mid October? I was notified of a problem in the USS Essex CV9 thread, rebuilt the missions and thought I had fixed it. I rarely monitor this thread and just today noticed your problem. I apologize.