PDA

View Full Version : Flight-1 Cessna Mustang

BOOM
February 25th, 2009, 03:45
Hello,I'm thinking of purchasing a short hop biz jet for FSX and was looking at the Mustang from Flight-1.At $54.00 it's not exactly cheap so I'm hoping any pilots here who own it could give me your pros and cons.
I was also looking at The Wilco Legacy product which is cheaper but judging from the cockpit pics doesn't look as high quality as The Mustang.

I would be interested and gratefull to hear your thoughts on both products.
Thank You
/Patrick/

6297J
February 25th, 2009, 04:16
I also like the look of the Mustang and have to date read only good things - not much response in these forums though so far - people seem to only fly other types of Mustangs around here!
I have previously owned some of the Eaglesoft bizjet fleet in FS9 but always been disappointed and don't like the look of the Wilco product either, so - :bump:

gajit
February 25th, 2009, 05:05
Hi Boom

Although i have a slight problem with FPS running the VC on high quality mode I do love the Mustang - so well made and the systems all work. I like it so much that even with that in mind I have not sought to use their money back offer!!

I have many of the Wilco products but only fly the Tiltrotor now as the rest are just not up to 2009 standards.

But the one I am really waiting for is the FSD Jetstar that should be worth the very long wait.

http://www.fsd-international.com/Hangar/Jetstar/

Cheers

GJ

hews500d
February 25th, 2009, 05:25
The Mustang was the first purchase I made after building my new system. I would highly recommend it.

Darrell

ryanbatc
February 25th, 2009, 06:33
It's pretty good, you need a fast system to fly in the VC due to complex gauges. A lot of people are reporting CTD's with the G1000 system. No one is really sure what the issue is. I get a crash almost every time I fly it at some point in the flight.

The model is really well done, both in and out. A lot of little details here and there... There is no VNAV and no SIDS/STARS but it does have WAAS approaches with LPV+LNAV so you can follow the G/s on autopilot if you want.

If it didn't CTD for me almost everytime it would probably by my aircraft of choice even with the low FPS in the VC. I find myself flying the SR22 G3 Turbo more than the Stang.

BOOM
February 25th, 2009, 11:45
Thank you very much for the replys,ryanbatc that CTD issue is a concern as that would really ruin the experience for me,can you tell what type of system you have? I didn't know about the 30 day money back offer.That's fantastic! Talk about standing behind your product!Most publishers make you check a box stating their is no chance of you getting your money back for any reason,this is the exact opposite!!

gajit,that Jetstar looks very,very nice!Thanks for the Heads Up!!
/Patrick/

ryanbatc
February 25th, 2009, 14:32
Sure, but I've noticed the CTD's vary from system to system.

Vista x64 SP1, AMD6000+ 4GB ram, 8800GT, FSX Acceleration

glennc
February 25th, 2009, 16:42
I have it and like it a lot. It does eat a few frames but that's the price of the best G1000 I've seen in FS yet. Lionhart's Epic is a step short of a really good Gxxxx panel (he doesn't call it a G1000) but still quite nice - it quite a bit more fluid than the Mustang. My solution - i have and fly both regularly. I've only had one CTD with the Mustang. That occured when I popped up the audio panel.

Glenn

Scratch
February 25th, 2009, 17:16
It's on my next to buy list for sure!