October 9th, 2008, 17:47
I just uploaded these 3 skins tonight.

Now I will be moving on to the IIC:d

Ravenna
October 9th, 2008, 17:52
:applause::applause::applause:

Jagdflieger
October 9th, 2008, 18:05
Thanks Rob! Looks like more superlative work from the master's paint shop.

Rami
October 9th, 2008, 18:43
I still have your Finnish skins for the older one, she's still alive and kicking. Great work! :ernae:

Hern07
October 9th, 2008, 19:14
Great work. The Hurricane is one of my favorite planes, can never have too many. Thank you. :jump:

hewman100
October 10th, 2008, 03:03
He's going to hit me! :redf: Is that port fuselage Finnish marking s'posed to be the wrong way round?:running:

Sopwith Chameleon
October 10th, 2008, 06:51
He's going to hit me! :redf: Is that port fuselage Finnish marking s'posed to be the wrong way round?:running:

..............well, if we're all going to have a kick at Brian - shouldn't the trim on "Widge" Gleed's MK I be red?

(Brian - I'm only doing this because I'm jealous of your talent............:banghead:)

(oooooooooooooh - the thrill of counting rivets................)

PomBee
October 10th, 2008, 11:25
Hey Brian.

I'm loving these Hurricane skins!! As a lifelong Hurricane fanatic, I say the more, the merrier, especially when they're of this quality.

Cheers.

PomBee.:ernae:

RobH
October 10th, 2008, 15:38
Hewman and SC, Yeah I hate a guy with attention to detail!:costumes:

I missed the emblem! Thanks for catching that!:d I will upload a update, more than likely tomorrow.

SC, do we know for sure it's supposed to be red? I have books showing both, so I more or less flipped a coin:costumes:

I appreciate you guys help, it can be easy to miss things.:redf:

Thank you folks!:ernae:

Sopwith Chameleon
October 10th, 2008, 16:10
Hewman and SC, Yeah I hate a guy with attention to detail!:costumes:

I missed the emblem! Thanks for catching that!:d I will upload a update, more than likely tomorrow.

SC, do we know for sure it's supposed to be red? I have books showing both, so I more or less flipped a coin:costumes:

I appreciate you guys help, it can be easy to miss things.:redf:

Thank you folks!:ernae:

Hi Brian,

No - we don't know for sure - I have Black & White pix of "AL-K" where the Spinner looks to be the same shade as the leading edge of the fin flash - but who knows really.........

Here's some pix of the Real Aeroplane's MK II got up as Widge's MK I - see the S/L pennant painted on the tail as well as under the Cockpit - I dunno - I think it was red ...................

RobH
October 10th, 2008, 19:22
Ok, well, I will paint it to match your photos so everyones happy

hewman100
October 12th, 2008, 08:12
Quite possible it was both at one time or another:isadizzy:

RobH
October 12th, 2008, 13:16
Quite possible it was both at one time or another:isadizzy:

Oh, I am sure it wasn't. As usual, my information is wrong, and everyone else's is right.

I will upload the changes and then that is all for the Hurricanes. This pretty much just took the fun out of it. Maybe someone else can do a better job. I will just keep the rest for myself

RobH
October 12th, 2008, 14:34
Just ignore me right now, I am trying to quit smoking again "cold turkey" and I am just a little cranky right now.:redf:

Give me a few days to settle down, and I will make the changes to LK-A:d

Sorry

Pips
October 12th, 2008, 14:37
I think the skins are simply stunnng. :)

Ravenna
October 12th, 2008, 17:51
Oh, I am sure it wasn't. As usual, my information is wrong, and everyone else's is right.

I will upload the changes and then that is all for the Hurricanes. This pretty much just took the fun out of it. Maybe someone else can do a better job. I will just keep the rest for myself

Now then....don't make me come over there and rip them out of your PC!!:costumes::costumes: Seriously though Brian, have you tried nicotine patches? They worked for all my rels.
:ernae:
M

OBIO
October 13th, 2008, 15:37
Hey Mr. Cranky

Good luck on quitting. I have tried "cold turkey" many many times...never worked. So I am doing the cutting back method now...have gone from a pack, pack and a half a day to a pack every 2 days.

While you're fixing things.....I really hate to mention this since it is such a minor detail...but the lug nuts you used are right hand thread, when they should be left hand thread.

OBIO

RobH
October 13th, 2008, 17:33
Ravenna,

I have tried it all, even prescription medicine. The prescription stuff works great as you are taking it, but when it's time to get off, and after a few days of it leaving your system, it no longer is effective. Actually the craving to smoke is worse than it was before. I have tried it twice, both unsuccessfully, and I even smoked more after wards.:banghead:

Obio, Ha ha ha!! I was hoping no one would notice those lugs nuts:banghead::costumes:

Once again, I apologize for being grouchy, especially to Sopwith, I know he was just trying to help.

It just gets hard to try to figure out what artist rendition is more accurate than others some times, and not always do the black and white photos help.

kelticheart
October 14th, 2008, 01:36
Without any doubt BoB-era RAF birds are your specialty!

Thank you Brian!
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Cheers!
KH
:ernae:

hewman100
October 14th, 2008, 03:13
I know what you mean about references Brian. It's far worse when it's a one off marking.