PDA

View Full Version : Nemeth MD500 Defender

euroastar350
February 24th, 2009, 16:46
http://www.nemethdesigns.com/defender.html

:woot:

Boomer
February 24th, 2009, 17:19
Looks good but I will be most interested in the civil variants.

MCDesigns
February 24th, 2009, 17:23
SWEET George, that looks awesome, will there be a civil version as well? Now we just need some Somalia scenery!

CG_1976
February 24th, 2009, 17:34
That looks yummy. Thats going on my list right after the cat pby. Does Somalia show up decently on google earth or is data on airfields like cuba far and few with bit and pieces?

euroastar350
February 24th, 2009, 19:46
SWEET George, that looks awesome, will there be a civil version as well? Now we just need some Somalia scenery!

I'll get in touch with Peter to see if this is only going to be a military MD500 pack.

gajit
February 25th, 2009, 07:03
One thing you have to say is how good the humans look (in proportion, detail and texture) - many producers still cannot get them to look as real as the aircraft.

Cant wait to see if you can wobble the guys of the skids!!

Talking of which - one day I was doing air to air photography no door in a B206 with feet on skids to later find after shutdown that the standard seatbelt I had been using must have unbuckled. Glad my pilot had taken it steady that day.

Akatsuki
February 25th, 2009, 07:19
I just wish the crew will not be modelled in the VC on the final version...

gajit
February 25th, 2009, 09:49

yes - or have the option of them being visable like in the excellent Just Flight R44

tigisfat
February 25th, 2009, 19:09

GOD NO!!!:173go1::argue:

Your crowd always gets what they want. I want more pilots in VCs, and I never get it. That's the only reason I'm going to buy this aircraft. I'm a pilot, and my body is part of the cockpit, PERIOD. If I can't see myself, the realism is gone.

I was just about to praise the presence of figures in the VC when I saw your post. PLEASE DON"T CONVINCE THEM OUT OF IT!!:faint:

MCDesigns
February 25th, 2009, 19:30

Your crowd always gets what they want. I want more pilots in VCs, and I never get it. That's the only reason I'm going to buy this aircraft. I'm a pilot, and my body is part of the cockpit, PERIOD. If I can't see myself, the realism is gone.

I was just about to praise the presence of figures in the VC when I saw your post. PLEASE DON"T CONVINCE THEM OUT OF IT!!:faint:

I totally agree. the pilot figures look well done and realistic looking, so it should really add to the immersion. The biggest immersion killer for me is flying a multicrew ship and having no visible pilots.

Hopefully for all they can toggle them on or off and make everyone happy.

MudMarine
February 25th, 2009, 20:08
No pilot figures in the VC, they NEVER look real.

gajit
February 25th, 2009, 23:25
my body is part of the cockpit

Thats the thing Tigisfat - i just dont want your body!!!!!!!!!!

Dimus
February 25th, 2009, 23:30
The ones in these pics do look quite convincing. I also like to see the pilot in the vc. It looks weird for the yoke or pedals to move by themselves. However, I do agree that most of the pilots seen so far in VCs do not look very realistic.

mcjerkyls
February 26th, 2009, 00:02
who would want to fly in a hot zone with no copilot hehe, my latest B&N purchase was The Night Stalkers, about the 160th, id have to say id need to see said copilot in action to be fully convinced...(shameless plug for a vc vid):173go1:

Akatsuki
February 26th, 2009, 07:12

If the pilots looks good to you... well OK, for me they don't, i wouldn't want their shoes anyway. :jump:
Pilots in VC are a repulsive to me, i've never seen any well modelled.
Let's just hope for a toggle off/on to please everyone. :ernae:

Txmmy83
February 26th, 2009, 13:57
looks like another winner :applause:

BR
Tom

tigisfat
February 26th, 2009, 15:11
Why not ask for better VC pilots with cooler features instead of damning them forever?:gossip:

shamus
February 28th, 2009, 06:57
Has anyone seen any model of the Lacota that the Army wants to use?

shamus
February 28th, 2009, 07:08
I was reading about the new heli that the Army is testing and want to put in the ranks. It;s called Lacota and it looks cool! Hopefully someone will model it.

Shamus

djscoo
February 28th, 2009, 07:53
I was reading about the new heli that the Army is testing and want to put in the ranks. It;s called Lacota and it looks cool! Hopefully someone will model it.

Shamus

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UH-72_Lakota
I AGREE!

Txmmy83
February 28th, 2009, 14:05
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UH-72_Lakota
I AGREE!
doesn't even know about that militarized version ;) before

euroastar350
March 4th, 2009, 17:57
Just to give you guys a heads up, the new Nemeth MD500 Defender is going into beta soon and there will be a civil MD500D variant to go along with the mil spec models:woot::applause: