PDA

View Full Version : Coming back to the Community!

Scorch00
November 20th, 2019, 03:42
Hi there all! Thought I'd give everyone a quick summary/intro.

I'm not exactly new, I was a member hear many years ago. And am an avid simmer, been on flight sims as far back as FS98, CFS1, Aces of the Pacific (if anyone remembers that old DOS based combat sim). I took a hiatus from sims about 6 years ago. At that time I was heavily into tinkering and minor repaint stuff for FSX. Earlier this year I decided to get back into sims and dove head first into P3D. Building up my system and acquiring new and old addons I remembered were my projects the first few months of 2019. It also hasn't taken long for me to start tinkering with stuff. Again, mostly in the realm of repaints. I mainly stick to military and air tanker (fire bomber) sim stuff. Which is what I've been doing quite a lot of the last several months. I'm friends with Jeremy U. (tankerguy72) IRL, we actually went to high school together and have spent a lot of time around the air tanker community growing up. But we have a group on FB called Simulated Air Tanker Operations that we've had since 2010. I've recently been doing repaints for several existing aircraft, strictly posting on there. I thought it was time now to get back into the community and start posting more on here and other places as well as hopefully, contributing to this great hobby of ours. Which hopefully also means, those many projects I've done so far this year will migrate over here as well.

-Nick Mitchell
~Scorch

b52bob
November 20th, 2019, 06:09
Welcome. Some exciting things are on the horizon.

nagpaw
November 20th, 2019, 06:42
Hi, Scorch, and welcome back! I've watched the developments over on the FB page with interest. Glad to hear things may be spreading this way! :wavey:

wombat666
November 20th, 2019, 06:55
Always good to have old hands returning to the fold.
:loyal:

Scorch00
November 20th, 2019, 13:55
Thanks for the reception guys!

Hi, Scorch, and welcome back! I've watched the developments over on the FB page with interest. Glad to hear things may be spreading this way! :wavey:

I'm currently working on a repaint project for the CV-580 that I expect will be done this week some time. But it makes for the 11th aircraft (or so I think) I've repainted this year so far, as far as tanker stuff goes. The page was pretty quiet over there for a while, but I started doing repaints fairly recently. So it's come back to life. :applause:

Repaints I've done so far this year for the curious.

Aerosoft OV-10 (current Cal Fire scheme, Pack 1 is Ramona, Hemet, Paso Robles, Porterville, Chico, and Redding) Pack 2 is in the works and will be the rest of the fleet.
Captain Sim C-130H/L-100-30 (Coulson nearly the whole fleet, Cal Fire, USFS, and Nevada ANG)
CL-415 (Aero-Flite USA)
CV-580 (Conair and Saskatchewan WIP)
CH-47D (Coulson-Unical, Columbia, Billings, CA Army National Guard, and Helimax)
ISDT King Air 200 (Cal Fire, USFSx2, Conair, and NSW Rural Fire Service)
PMDG 737-700WL (Coulson 137 & 138 US & NSW Australia)
Vista Liners 737-300W (Coulson 137 & 138 US & NSW Australia)
SGA DC-9/MD-87 (Erickson Fleet)
QW BAe-146 (Neptune Aviation Fleet)
FS KBT P-3A (Airstrike and Buffalo Airways)

So. Yeah, I've been busy lol. I plan on uploading all these past projects here eventually.

nagpaw
November 20th, 2019, 18:38
Ooh...C-130 paints! Now you're talkin'!

Scorch00
November 21st, 2019, 03:44
Ooh...C-130 paints! Now you're talkin'!

Oh yeah, I had to make some. Took me the better part of a month to do all of them, but it was worth it.