PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Flight Simulator: 9 Beautiful Cities in 4K60 - X01

TuFun
November 14th, 2019, 15:42
With sound!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2HwLeJSAGc

dvj
November 14th, 2019, 16:00
This is more than a flight sim, it's a world explorer. That fight through the canal in Venice had me. Grand Canyon? Antarctica? Patagonia? New Zealand Mt. Cook?

greenie
November 14th, 2019, 17:32
With a lower end performance internet connection, I wonder how much World my computer will hold for off-line flying. Looks superb, and in VR ...wow

MZee1960
November 15th, 2019, 19:35
This is unreal ! I can soon take all my vacations without packing and leaving home !

Bomber_12th
November 16th, 2019, 10:01
Yeah, I'm a little concerned as to just how addicted I'm going to be to this when it comes out (and for years to follow). The section which shows the approach into the Southampton Airport also is just incredible to me - the level of detail and accuracy in each house, shed/out building, parked car, foliage/trees, etc. (all true to life of course). And when you really focus in, the level of clarity/resolution in the scenery is just incredible as well - you can clearly see such intricate/small details as individual plants in the gardens, individual stones/pavers, lawn furniture and just about anything else. The dynamic in-game generated ambient occlusion and light/shadow complexity really makes everything look stunningly real - with how dark the base of the buildings and trees get along narrow passageways and crowded quarters, to how bright the tops of the buildings and trees are when exposed to direct sunlight. All of the work they've done on the lighting/shadowing and atmospherics is incredibly impressive to me - no matter how sunny or cloudy the conditions, it all looks so natural/accurate to real world visuals.

Cross-country flying is finally going to be appealing to me, being able to fly all over my State and surrounding States with this type of accuracy and realism, flying over my city and any other city I want to visit and see each real life building and tree rendered. No more of the same repeated fields or the same repeated city scapes, or any of the other phony/unrealistic aspects that came with the way the old FSX/P3D style default scenery was generated (as Froogle mentioned, who got any early hands-on look at the sim back in September, it is like having "ORBX True Earth" scenery the world over, by default). How much fun it is going to be to plan and execute a cross-country flight now, say from my local airport in the Twin Cities out to South Dakota to take in the Badlands, or up to Duluth and around Lake Superior (and thousands of other destinations just around my State and surrounding area), and see and navigate by everything in such accuracy (and combine that of course with the new, much more complex weather engine and real world weather simulation they've been describing). I look forward to taking virtual trips around North America, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Africa, etc.

Seahawk72s
November 17th, 2019, 07:04
Flying the canals of Venice caused my meltdown.
For this to be happening as the twilight of FS seemed to be upon us.