PDA

View Full Version : Question

NachtPiloten
February 23rd, 2009, 16:48
Got bored with the Hs 129 (yes she is ready to go). Anyone want a Lancaster B Mk II? You'll only get one if someone can tell me why they are interesting. About 700-800 were ordered and produced.

loverboy1
February 23rd, 2009, 16:52
Hey,
I'm not a lumber jack
Or a fur trader
And I dont live in an igloo
Or eat blubber
Or own a dog sled
And I don't know
Jimmy, Jally or Suzie from Canada
Although I'm sure they're really really nice
I have a Prime Minister not a President
I speak English and French not American
And I pronounce it about not "a-boot"
I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack I believe in peackeeping not policing
Diversity not assimilation
And that the beaver is a truley proud and noble animal
A toque is a hat a chesterfield is a couch
And it is prnouced "zed" not "zee" "zed"!
Canada is the 2nd largest landmass!
The 1st nation in hockey!
And the best part of North America!
My name is "LOVERBOY1" and I am Canadian!

westview
February 23rd, 2009, 17:29
well aside from being interesting because it's a lancaster, i believe these were fitted with hercules engines instead of the usual merlins and I think they had a ventral machine gun as well.

grizzly50
February 23rd, 2009, 17:35
Got bored with the Hs 129 (yes she is ready to go). Anyone want a Lancaster B Mk II? You'll only get one if someone can tell me why they are interesting. About 700-800 were ordered and produced.

NP,

:kilroy:Lancaster B Mk II:

1. Bristol Hercules engines (Hercules VI or XVI)[VI had manual mixture control]
2. 300 Were produced by Armstrong-Whitworth
3. They were almost always fitted with an FN.64 ventral gun turret and a pronounced step in the bulged bomb bay

What do I win?:d

mongoose
February 23rd, 2009, 18:20
Well Ted, I know you want more to shoot down, so go ahead. BTW what's the position with the Hampden? It seems you are now the premier modder for CFS3.:ernae:

rcafmad
February 23rd, 2009, 18:29
The Lancasters now available are MK III's. The Lancaster B MK II would be a great addition.

Secondly if the new Lancasters are as good as or better than the Halifaxs!

I want more.

Pat Pattle
February 23rd, 2009, 22:43
Anyone want a Lancaster B Mk II? You'll only get one if someone can tell me why they are interesting. About 700-800 were ordered and produced.

My father has a great painting of a Hecules engined Lanc, with the crew attending mass under the wing. Have always admired it so would very much like to have the model please Ted!

nwp
February 24th, 2009, 00:23
Did I hear someone mentioning a B I special with no bomb bay doors and a rather large bomb?

No? Oh well...

remcoc
February 24th, 2009, 05:25
Hi Nachtpiloten,

I agree with Mongoose.

The Lancaster is a beautiful plane, no doubt about that. And a MK II is not a MK III. We agree on that one too.

But planes like a Hampden (or a Sunderland or or a free version of the B-24, the Catalina thread got a lot of interest) are not around yet, are different from what is allready flying around and would really add something new.

In the end you have to dicede yourself offcourse ('cause you are the guy who puts a lot of hours in), but thats my opinion.

RemcoC

NachtPiloten
February 24th, 2009, 05:54
While I understand the need for these other planes, converting to a MkII from either a MkI or MkIII is a matter of taking the Hercules engines from the Halifax B MkIII and other parts, revising the nacelles, texture the parts and done, 3-4 hours max. (See attached) Now, finishing the Cat, Sunderland, or Hampden .... well we are talking months no joy for me.:faint:

I have Dorniers to finish first. I still have to finish the Funkmesstellung and night navigation facilities BEFORE I work on the Cat and Sunderland. Then as I promised it si the Sunderland and Cat. After that who knows what if anything. Unless we get a few more people making planes I am getting very tired .....:friday:

O-1Driver
February 24th, 2009, 06:09
Ted,

You need to ease off on the work a little and enjoy flying the sim. When all you do is work it becomes more of a job with deadlines, stress and pressure and less of a hobby. After you fly with us on Wed. night you will have a whole new perspective. Less work and enjoy the game a little or you will burn out. That is why I am doing less work for a while and doing more flying with the guys.

Steve

pete1
February 24th, 2009, 09:34
nacht,your work is always outstanding.it is a shame that many prominent modellers have left cfs3 to pursue pastures new but they have given us wonderful aircraft to play with.dancat,starspeeder 3000 and others are still building models i think.i had a go with g-max but unfortunately i am hard of thinking and talent impaired.thank you for the magnificent hard work that you continue to expend so us mere mortals can fly these tremendous aircraft.pete1

ndicki
February 25th, 2009, 03:08
The Canadians would be thrilled, Ted (as would I!) The RCAF got the majority of MkII Lancs deployed.

ndicki
February 25th, 2009, 03:09
And, Loverboy, Canadians can SPELL! :rapture:

sixstrings
February 25th, 2009, 05:33
Love all your work,but you need to slow down and play some or you could burn out.We don't want to loose someone as talented as you are. Thank you for all the untold hours you have put in for our enjoyment, Thanks!

NachtPiloten
February 25th, 2009, 09:18
The Canadians would be thrilled, Ted (as would I!) The RCAF got the majority of MkII Lancs deployed.

Canada has a fond place in my heart ... yes the Summer of '83 with .... Oh, OOpps hope the kids are not reading this:kiss:

westview
February 25th, 2009, 13:24
i did much of my undergrad work in new brunswick!

Frosty
February 25th, 2009, 13:56
Canada has a fond place in my heart ... yes the Summer of '83 with .... Oh, OOpps hope the kids are not reading this:kiss:

I know the feeling... ;)

mongoose
February 25th, 2009, 14:31
And I had quite forgotten that Canadian girl who came to help on my friend's farm in 70? when I was working as a student for him.:rapture:

nwp
February 25th, 2009, 15:56
Ted,

You need to ease off on the work a little and enjoy flying the sim. When all you do is work it becomes more of a job with deadlines, stress and pressure and less of a hobby. After you fly with us on Wed. night you will have a whole new perspective. Less work and enjoy the game a little or you will burn out. That is why I am doing less work for a while and doing more flying with the guys.

Steve

Hell yeah - what he said. I would always assume you're making these because you enjoy the process as well as the result; if not, don't suffer on our account!