PDA

View Full Version : MakeMDL and BGLcomp files

Lawndart
February 23rd, 2009, 14:45
I am trying to get into the development side of the flight sim scene and have run into a bit of an issue with locating the MakeMDL/BGLcomp files needed to make FS Design Studio work. The software comes with a link button for downloading these files from Microsoft, but since the game development studio is shut down, those links are no longer valid. I am using FSX SP2 and was wondering if anyone may have access to those files. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PutPut
February 23rd, 2009, 15:06
Makemdl comes with the FS2004 SDK but is usually not the compiler of choice for FSX. You must use Xtomdl as the compiler for all the FSX goodies. Xtomdl and Bglcomp for FSX are on the original disks as part of the FSX SDK. They will install correctly when you install the SDK per instructions.

Cheers, Paul

Lawndart
February 27th, 2009, 23:48
Thank you Paul, I was able to install my SDK utillities so we will see how that works :) Hopefully I will be able to get some nifty things posted for all to play with.

harleyman
February 28th, 2009, 03:20
Good luck with it Lawndart.........:woot:

MCDesigns
March 1st, 2009, 16:11
Good luck with it Lawndart.........:woot:

Same here, look forward to any of your creations. Feel free to post if you run into any issues, lots of FSX developers on the board. :ernae:

Lawndart
March 5th, 2009, 11:28
Thanks for the support and help guys