PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Flight Simulator

zswobbie1
October 7th, 2019, 04:02
I'm quite surprised that an esteemed site such as SOH has named the forum the way it has, instead of the actual name that Microsoft has given the forum.
I'm a stickler for correct naming, and other sites have respected Microsoft & have used the correct naming, and not community made up names such as FS2020, FS20 & others.

Just saying!:banghead:

paiken
October 7th, 2019, 05:54
I agree with the re-naming of the forum.

Naismith
October 7th, 2019, 11:16
I hadn't even noticed. I suppose because I go into the site and it only shows the updated threads of the entire site. Which is why I sometimes mispost a topic. I do not see it as an issue.

Javis
October 7th, 2019, 11:39
I'm quite surprised that an esteemed site such as SOH has named the forum the way it has, instead of the actual name that Microsoft has given the forum.
I'm a stickler for correct naming, and other sites have respected Microsoft & have used the correct naming, and not community made up names such as FS2020, FS20 & others.

Just saying!:banghead:

On the other hand..... *IF* it was named Microsoft Flight Simulator don't you think it might well go unnoticed by many people ?.... Since it's a name every flightsimmer is familiar with for almost half a century..... i.e. " tell me something new.. " ?

I think 'Flight Simulator 2020' is a very good eyecatcher, official or not.. :)

(maybe put Microsoft in front of that, best of both worlds..;-)

Roger
October 7th, 2019, 11:58
The forum name is good. It's not as if we endorse or otherwise the sim: it's just here for information and that's exactly what it will do.

fsafranek
October 7th, 2019, 12:04
It's fine as is. I understood it for what it was and came right in.
:ernaehrung004:

zswobbie1
October 7th, 2019, 12:10
It has its own forum, it's called Microsoft Flight Simulator, other sims have their own names.
Microsoft calls it Flight Simulator..

Why is it confusing?
Don't you think that it's more confusing when some use made up names such as FS2020, FS20 and others?
All other Microsoft sims have their own names, so how can Microsoft Flight Simulator be confused with FSX, FSX:SE or even FS2004?

Dangerousdave26
October 7th, 2019, 12:38
so how can Microsoft Flight Simulator be confused with FSX, FSX:SE or even FS2004?

Those are not their official names. The Official names are Microsoft Flight Simulator X and Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 A Century of Flight. Our forums for those simulators don't match the official name either.

Javis
October 7th, 2019, 12:40
And another thing...., i would like to marry MS for picking up Flight Simulator the way they seem to do. We could only *dream* of our beloved virtual flying world would ever look like it's shown in all the mouthwatering videos, couldn't we. But I do feel it's a little pedantic of MS to call it 'Microsoft Flight Simulator'. Like if they want to push the whole history of it into oblivion... Like if we *didn't* buy all the succeeding MSFS editions from the early 80's Sublogic FS1 onwards ! ( plus all the computer upgrades and add-ons that were needed..)

MS: " Oh, that..... fogettaboutit " .

If i was at the roundtable at MS to decide what name to choose for this amazing new flightsim wonder i certainly wouldn't have voted for 'Microsoft Flight Simulator'. Then again it might be a 'cunning plan' afterall...

And hasn't it always been like the community actually chooses the common name for a new edition of MSFS ? F.i. i have never seen anybody call FS9 'Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004, a Century of Flight' ... 'Microsoft Flight Simulator X' very quickly became 'FSX'. It will be interesting to see what 'we' have in store for 'Microsoft Flight Simulator' . I believe some sort of '20' might well creep inthere somehow.. :rolleyes:

Javis
October 7th, 2019, 12:56
It has its own forum, it's called Microsoft Flight Simulator, other sims have their own names.
Microsoft calls it Flight Simulator..

They have been doing that for almost 40 years...

Why is it confusing?
Don't you think that it's more confusing when some use made up names such as FS2020, FS20 and others?

FS20 would be fine with me ( FSXX ?.... ;-)

All other Microsoft sims have their own names, so how can Microsoft Flight Simulator be confused with FSX, FSX:SE or even FS2004?

Surely not, but you're not going to use 'Microsoft Flight Simulator' everytime you want to talk about it ??.....

LouP
October 7th, 2019, 13:17
Hey How about FSX XX :wiggle: Oh boy, I feel something has started here lol :mixed-smiley-010:

LouP

rhumbaflappy
October 7th, 2019, 13:25
Again, I prefer to call it Dos Equis. :icon29:

I hope we can take a cue from AVSIM and keep the bickering to a low level. The sim is what it will be upon release a year from now or more. Then we can spew hatred and damnation upon Microsoft and each other. :violent-smiley-031:

Dangerousdave26
October 7th, 2019, 14:04
Hey How about FSX XX :wiggle: Oh boy, I feel something has started here lol :mixed-smiley-010:

LouP wouldn't that be FSXX I could see that becoming FS Double X

I like FS20 for short

LouP
October 7th, 2019, 15:22
wouldn't that be FSXX I could see that becoming FS Double X

I like FS20 for short

Right, but not half as fun lol. :dizzy:

LouP

LouP
October 7th, 2019, 15:23
Again, I prefer to call it Dos Equis. :icon29:

I hope we can take a cue from AVSIM and keep the bickering to a low level. The sim is what it will be upon release a year from now or more. Then we can spew hatred and damnation upon Microsoft and each other. :violent-smiley-031:

:biggrin-new:

LouP

Bushpounder
October 7th, 2019, 17:44
Why not - MFSMMXX ? ;)

Don

zswobbie1
October 8th, 2019, 00:30
And another thing...., i would like to marry MS for picking up Flight Simulator the way they seem to do. We could only *dream* of our beloved virtual flying world would ever look like it's shown in all the mouthwatering videos, couldn't we. But I do feel it's a little pedantic of MS to call it 'Microsoft Flight Simulator'. Like if they want to push the whole history of it into oblivion... Like if we *didn't* buy all the succeeding MSFS editions from the early 80's Sublogic FS1 onwards ! ( plus all the computer upgrades and add-ons that were needed..)

MS: " Oh, that..... fogettaboutit " .

If i was at the roundtable at MS to decide what name to choose for this amazing new flightsim wonder i certainly wouldn't have voted for 'Microsoft Flight Simulator'. Then again it might be a 'cunning plan' afterall...

And hasn't it always been like the community actually chooses the common name for a new edition of MSFS ? F.i. i have never seen anybody call FS9 'Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004, a Century of Flight' ... 'Microsoft Flight Simulator X' very quickly became 'FSX'. It will be interesting to see what 'we' have in store for 'Microsoft Flight Simulator' . I believe some sort of '20' might well creep inthere somehow.. :rolleyes:

Well, the forums here use the given convention, shortened to FS2004 and FSX, names used by Microsoft, not made up names, as well as MSFS.

What's the confusion?
Simmers are weird.

wombat666
October 8th, 2019, 03:09
Well, the forums here use the given convention, shortened to FS2004 and FSX, names used by Microsoft, not made up names, as well as MSFS.

What's the confusion?
Simmers are weird.

Some are very odd..........:173go1:

emfrat
October 8th, 2019, 12:55
Why not - MFSMMXX ? ;) Don

:applause: Nice one !

MikeW

TuFun
October 8th, 2019, 14:08

LouP

FS10 20? or FS30? :dizzy: :biggrin-new:

wombat666
October 8th, 2019, 17:18
MSFS 'Disappointment'........:biggrin-new:

SkippyBing
October 9th, 2019, 08:48
Why not - MFSMMXX ? ;)

Don

Well that's what I'm calling it from now on.

511Flyer
October 12th, 2019, 05:23
Australians don't give a XXXX.

:very_drunk:

ananda
October 12th, 2019, 09:43
Australians don't give a XXXX.

:very_drunk:

:newzealand: :very_drunk:

bazzar
October 12th, 2019, 13:53
I'll drink to that:very_drunk: