PDA

View Full Version : sky unlimied p38/hurricane

perob
February 23rd, 2009, 07:07
Can anybody tell me if sky unlimied has made a patch for there prop for the p38 & the hurricane for fsx acceleration as its been a life time coming and by the time they do any thing about it there will a new flightsim. Instead of them saying how good there new aircraft are, they should fix the other ones. perob

gajit
February 23rd, 2009, 07:11
I agree - Typical developers - once they have your money.... Im waiting on Wilco to fix the Tiltrotor and also FSD to tweak their FSX Commander - its been over a month.

stiz
February 23rd, 2009, 09:13
The p38s are just waiting for me to finish off the new vc textures and fix the odd switch, no time frame. The hurricanes where getting the full fsx treatment when i last asked but havent heard anything about them in a while.

Also the whole process was slowed down for a while whilst Jesse moved house.

Rami
February 23rd, 2009, 09:24
I would like to say that Jesse Lambert and the Sky Unlimited team have been nothing short of gracious, and I'm sure these problems will be resolved.

cheezyflier
February 23rd, 2009, 09:55
by the time they do any thing about it there will a new flightsim.

actually, no there won't. they fired aces just a little while ago.

gajit
February 23rd, 2009, 10:26
actually, no there won't. they fired aces just a little while ago.

Who said it needed to be one by MS?

wombat666
February 23rd, 2009, 10:30
Who said it needed to be one by MS?

Well, the iL2 forum is just a little way down the site here ...... perhaps that would be more to your liking???
:wave:

gajit
February 26th, 2009, 23:40
Well, the iL2 forum is just a little way down the site here ...... perhaps that would be more to your liking???
:wave:

I like both as I am very open minded and enjoy variety :jump:

Cerberus
February 27th, 2009, 12:45
The designer working on the Full FSX Hurricane needed to jump ship, so it has recently changed hands and we are looking into getting it rolling again.

We can't always find a great person like Stiz that will do this work upfront when sales are lower than ever.

Even before all of the economic trouble most products hardly even saw a minimum wage return for the developers when you factor in the number of hours we put in.

I started designing aircraft at the age of 15, as life got more serious I havn't haven’t been able to invest the same effort and time to do the updates myself like I used to, and it is very hard to find the funds and the people that can do this work for reasonable pay.

The current FSX Hurricane and P-38 were completely free upgrades for all FS9 users, so that they could at least get some enjoyment out of them until we were able to develop true FSX versions. That was a major update I did myself that provided very little return to me, but I am still trying to get all of these things done and keep this business running.

I can tell you one thing though, more work is being done right now on updates than there is work being done on new projects.