PDA

View Full Version : How to set a vc light

Netbuster
October 9th, 2008, 15:35
Hi all,
i have some planes with virtual light (cabin i mean) and others without.
How can i find the correct coordinates to include some interior vc lights?

Thanx

Netbuster

Milton Shupe
October 9th, 2008, 16:41
It's not rocket science. It is simply measurements from the reference point.

Coordinates for lights are stated in feet, fore+/aft-, left-/right+, and up+/down-.

To get a sense of where you might start, look at the station loads for the pilot and co-pilot.

Then move back (fore/aft) and centered (left/right). Adjust vertical to suit your lighting needs.

Netbuster
October 9th, 2008, 16:51
Hi Milton .. happy to see you!
Yes i have to make some test .. and take a look to station loads
i'm sure will help me in finding the right place. Thanx for suggestion
done i have to put a low light in cockpit too ...

Netbuster :wavey:

Tom Clayton
October 9th, 2008, 21:33
Another good clue is found in the "eyepoint" line in the aircraft.cfg under [Views]. Here's that section from the default 737:

eyepoint=43.7, -1.31, 3.7 //(feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from reference datum

Note that MS was nice enough to provide a legend for the numbers. If the model is well done (meaning accurate placement of viewpoint vs. the pilots modeled in the exterior view), then simply leave the middle number zero (a/c center), and move you light a little forward and down. This will have the light appear to shine up onto the pilots' faces as if coming from the panel. You may need to play around a little, but this will get you close. You can even get fancy and do two just a little offset from center to the left and right.

Desert Rat
October 10th, 2008, 02:21
Also when placing/testing, you could use a different effect, like a red nav light, that will allow you to see where your effect is, then you can edit in a VC light when you think it's right.

Netbuster
October 10th, 2008, 05:35
Thanx for the suggestion. Just yesterday i've changed all "redish" interior cablights to normal soft a bit jellowish. Now i'm trying to set a different color to cockpit. Milton suggestion "take a look to station_load" helped to me a lot. :redf:

Ciao

Netbuster

Netbuster
October 10th, 2008, 08:32
Another good clue is found in the "eyepoint" line in the aircraft.cfg under [Views]. Here's that section from the default 737:

eyepoint=43.7, -1.31, 3.7 //(feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from reference datum

Note that MS was nice enough to provide a legend for the numbers. If the model is well done (meaning accurate placement of viewpoint vs. the pilots modeled in the exterior view), then simply leave the middle number zero (a/c center), and move you light a little forward and down. This will have the light appear to shine up onto the pilots' faces as if coming from the panel. You may need to play around a little, but this will get you close. You can even get fancy and do two just a little offset from center to the left and right.

Thanx for further suggestion! This way seem more fast ... tomorrow i'll send a picture with modifications .. of course is a Milton D19SVC :jump:

Bye all

Netbuster