February 23rd, 2009, 05:15
did someone try it???
carrier operation ok????

from the picture it looks very nice

thanks in advance for any info

alessio

noddy
February 23rd, 2009, 07:20
Yes it does work well in FSX, but not DX10 mode however.

Yes you can use it for carrier ops but you will need to add this after the tailhook entry in the aircraft .cfg.

[launch_assistance]
launch_bar_pivot = 5.0, 0.0, -1.0
launch_bar_lug = 5.0, 0.0, -4.5

Please note this does not line up with the cat exactly, so if somebody far more clever than me can fix it great.

navy81
February 24th, 2009, 07:01
Noddy,
You have to move the nose wheel about 5-7 feet forward of the "box" - essentially moving the main gear just behind the box. Launch Works fine from that position.

Cheers.
Deke

Lateral-G
February 24th, 2009, 07:11
I asked this in another post but received no satisfactory reply so I'll ask again here:

How does the new FSX version (v2.) of the A-3B compare to the older FS9 one (v1.1)?

I had ported over the FS9 A-3B v1.1 to FSX and it's OK. VC is fine but nothing is "click-able". I was wondering if it was worth it to buy the updated version. I know $20 doesn't seem like much but with the economy these days I'm a bit more picky with what I buy.

-G-

Ian Warren
February 24th, 2009, 11:35
I asked this in another post but received no satisfactory reply so I'll ask again here:

How does the new FSX version (v2.) of the A-3B compare to the older FS9 one (v1.1)?

I had ported over the FS9 A-3B v1.1 to FSX and it's OK. VC is fine but nothing is "click-able". I was wondering if it was worth it to buy the updated version. I know $20 doesn't seem like much but with the economy these days I'm a bit more picky with what I buy.

-G-
The Internals are exactly the FS9 as mentioned , I think the only external changes for maybe the lump and bumps of tanker versions and eva-dropping with very nice skins , I did not own the earlier released FS9 so not could tell what variants came with it .

Thanx noddy for the aircraft.cfg carrier ops update

dharris
February 24th, 2009, 11:49
Hi Ian,
Have you tried the carrier ops yet? Just curious how it goes for you. The A-3 is pretty nice even in fsx, have not had any problems with it so far.

fsafranek
February 24th, 2009, 12:21

Both flavors of v2 (FS9 and FSX) are reworks of the original v1.1. You get several new external versions
with associated textures -- added refuelers and jammer birds. A lot of detail reworks for more accuracy
and some external eye candy details as well like sliding roof, auto-extending slats, and animated
refuel hose/basket.
:ernae:

Lateral-G
February 24th, 2009, 20:06
Both flavors of v2 (FS9 and FSX) are reworks of the original v1.1. You get several new external versions
with associated textures -- added refuelers and jammer birds. A lot of detail reworks for more accuracy
and some external eye candy details as well like sliding roof, auto-extending slats, and animated
refuel hose/basket.
:ernae:

Thanks Frank. :wave:

-G-

noddy
February 25th, 2009, 00:46
Just a quick note over in the FS9 forum, there was a thread about the new A-3 which included how to change the flight dynamics and also the guages to the B-66 (if you have it).