PDA

View Full Version : Radial Engine Sound Files in FSX

FSV Kenny
February 22nd, 2009, 18:52
Hi :wave:

Just a quick question.

I have a problem with the radial engine sound files in FSX. No mater what the radial sound file always sound like they are running fullbore. This also effects the FSX default Grumman Goose the same way.

Does anyone here know if there is a fix or how to fix this problem with the radial engine sound files ???

harleyman
February 22nd, 2009, 19:05
Hi and welcome...:welcome:

As far as I know its just the sounds... I have seen it discussed before but If I remember correctly the fix is new sounds from another package with radials.....

heywooood
February 22nd, 2009, 19:05
I dunno about that - seems that adjusting the throttle and the prop pitch gives me a nice, accurate tune...do you mean that it sounds to you as if only the engine sound volume level goes up and down with the throttle? and that the engine RPM level seems to stay the same?...? I'll have to take another listen but I don't think I experience that.

on the other hand - I would give a weeks pay to have a Stearman in FSX like the one in your avatar....now THATS something to believe in brother

harleyman
February 22nd, 2009, 19:09
I think what he means is that they are eighter at idol or wide open..no real spool up ...

FSV Kenny
February 22nd, 2009, 19:34
heywooood, the FS2004 Stearman by David Eckert works just fine in FSX.

The radial engine sound files sound like the are running wide open. By pushing the throttle up and then back the engine sounds go back to normal untill I do a view change. Like switching frome the inside to the outside view. Then thay go back to sounding like thay are runnig wide open. Agian this also happen with the FSX defualt Goose.

heywooood
February 22nd, 2009, 20:00
is the David Eckert one the one that has the missing cylinder heads when in the cockpit view?

I had installed a really fine looking Stearman portover from FS9 that had that one and only flaw - and I just couldn't 'see' past it...

FSV Kenny
February 22nd, 2009, 20:27
yeah I think so. I just move my eye position to the left a little when on an approach.

Ok here is what I've figured out. This does not happen to a single radial engine aircraft. The radial engine sound files only sound like they are running wide open on multi radial engine aircraft.

On the FSX Grumman Goose, start the first engine everythings ok it's not untill the second engine is started that the engine sound goes haywire.

If the aircraft has four radials the start up of 1, and 2 are good. After the thired engine is started the sound file sound like it's running wide open.

RCAF_Gunner
February 22nd, 2009, 22:38
Try setting the wave output in your sound control panel to 50%. You'll need to turn up the speaker volume a little more when running FSX but it helped me with some strange sound issues.

FSV Kenny
February 22nd, 2009, 22:52
Thanks for the reply.

I tried it and it made no difference. I wonder if this is a Vista issue, or has anyone with XP had this issue ?

JoeW
February 22nd, 2009, 23:44
If you have the DHC2 Beaver from Aerosoft, you can ref to that. They are outstanding.
I have the Stearman ref'ed to that. and it's great.