PDA

View Full Version : My First Post: Autobiography

Donald Traill
February 22nd, 2009, 15:26
Hello everyone, nice to "meet" you. My name is Donald Traill; and I am currently working on an autobiography. I have elected to release a shortened version of the first six chapters in electronic form. This is not quite a direct link, on the page that pops up click on "Donald Traill from his upcoming autobiography".

http://www.angelfire.com/nm/cobu/

My father has been a pilot as far back as I can remember and I myself have about twelve hours of actual yoke time. I was never able to get a Medical, so no solo.

My first simulator ran on a Commodore 64. Through the years I have loved Sublogic's ATP and Falcon 3.0 . I was away from simming for a few years due to a lack of computer then "hit it hard" with Fly! 2 and then Falcon 4.0 Currently I use FSX and FS-9 the most.

My current rig I picked out with a lot of help from Micheal Greenblatt. He then helped me to optimise it to run Microsoft FSX and FS9. He however does not currently work with Vista.
So if you run XP and wish your computer could run your sim better, here is the web addy...

http://www.fs-gs.com

I have been on Avsim.com for many years under the username "Shalomar". Several posts I made about my personal efforts to prevent 9/11 and my attempted study of the events leading up to that terrorist attack were deleted from Avsim. Instead of my goal of helping to prevent further attacks in the future I was accused of "delving into politics".

Here is one post that was deleted from Avsim:

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=13266

I am looking for a new, possibly more open-minded "home" on the web. I hope the operators of this site will indulge me by allowing this thread to remain.

Best Regards, Donald Traill:typing:

harleyman
February 22nd, 2009, 15:46
Hello Donald and welcome....

We do not allow political debates here....At all...This is strictly a simming community...

We do have a *NewsHawks* forum where you may discuss news related items, even news thats maybe political.But if it gets out of hand it will be locked pronto...A warning given, and second try get you to the door...

But...However we are a friendly lot here from all over the world...We welcome you here to join our growing community....:welcome:

Donald Traill
February 27th, 2009, 16:56
Thank you for the welcome.

I know better than to discuss politics, but wondered why posts about my attempts to prevent 9/11 before the tragedy and examine the history behind that attack in the hope of avoiding future attacks were deleted from Avsim. Like the post I provided a link to proves, my posts have been received much differently on other sites.

Best regards, Donald Traill

harleyman
February 27th, 2009, 18:15
Thank you for the welcome.

I know better than to discuss politics, but wondered why posts about my attempts to prevent 9/11 before the tragedy and examine the history behind that attack in the hope of avoiding future attacks were deleted from Avsim. Like the post I provided a link to proves, my posts have been received much differently on other sites.

Best regards, Donald Traill

I can't speak about Avsim , but these are Flight Sim related forums.. I agree, there is most definately a place for your concerns and wanting to find answers, but these forums are not that place...

So I ask you not to bring the topics up.. You have a link in your post, and that should surfice, as now anyone thats intrested can go have a look..

But the topic is not for here...Sorry...

SolarEagle
February 27th, 2009, 18:24
This short video might answer your question about Avsim.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCCCSUiR4r0

harleyman
February 27th, 2009, 18:36

HeHe...never seen that...Thanks......:wavey:

Navy Chief
February 27th, 2009, 18:42
HeHe...never seen that...Thanks......:wavey:

I hadn't seen that before either. But I did notice some videos on Youtube from the 2007 AVSIM convention in Seattle. I was there, and had a good time. Met a lot of cool folks, like Crashaz. I plan on attending this year's AVSIM convention in Dayton, OH. A lot depends on the economy though, and that ain't lookin' too good.

NC

Craig Taylor
February 27th, 2009, 18:52
There's always quartermoonsaloon.com for "off-topic" discussions of potentially flammable subjects. Hi, Donald, and welcome. :welcome:

spotlope
February 27th, 2009, 18:56
I hadn't seen that before either. But I did notice some videos on Youtube from the 2007 AVSIM convention in Seattle. I was there, and had a good time. Met a lot of cool folks, like Crashaz. I plan on attending this year's AVSIM convention in Dayton, OH. A lot depends on the economy though, and that ain't lookin' too good.

NC

You were in Seattle for that, NC? Did we meet? I hung out with Crashaz a good bit myself.

MCDesigns
February 27th, 2009, 19:12

found no humor in that, but then again, I like Avsim, go figure.

I'm planning to go to Ohio this year, but we'll see. Meant to go to the last one and couldn't make it.

Boomer
February 27th, 2009, 19:26
I am an Avsim supporter as well.

I intend to be at the con. I only live a couple of hours away.

cheezyflier
February 27th, 2009, 19:43
i read the post you linked at a2a. sorry if this offends you, but i suspect you may have traded your foil hat for a collander. however, it is interesting to read, and might make a good novel. some folks might get a little charged up over 9/11 and terrorism issues. i hope you stick around, but i am guessing that talking about your fore knowledge of 9/11 would find a better audience at the quartermoon saloon. i am definitely interested in hearing more.
hope to see you there next time i go

-wilbur whately

N2056
February 27th, 2009, 20:19
I have to roll with the majority here...and the fact that you have posted essentially the same thing at Flightsim. com on the same day...:rolleyes:

SolarEagle
February 27th, 2009, 21:06
Well I'll give respect for your willingness to speak out with your message. I would try to find a forum where those of similar interest hang out, rather than fishing the sim community. Of course there's folks out there that would very much like to share data with you to better complete the puzzle, and if you find the right people you can network from there. I bet Above Top Secret would be interested in your story.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/

Here's the 911 conspiracy forum:

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/118/pg1/srtpages

Just put something in the post title about your fore knowledge to draw attention to your post, since you want a many people as possible to become aware of what you know. While I'm aware of their site there, I've not browsed it other than a glance, though I assume you will get into some good dialogue with those poeple given your story.

SolarEagle
February 27th, 2009, 21:48
found no humor in that, but then again, I like Avsim, go figure.

After they banned me with no warning and blocked all three of my IP addresses for posting a link to Cody's Boeing 377 preview video I have not been a fan. lol

I guess they didn't like the fact he posted links to it himself, and that I then copied his post right after he posted it knowing they would delete it since he's a partner of A2A, then immediatly reposted his links and text with a disclaimer that I was not affiliated with A2A.

There's nothing in their rules indicating users can't post links to information on up and comming products. Banning people is a harsh step, and something I only see happen in extreme cases, so banning me with no warning and blocking all my IP's for trying to make simmers aware of something I was excited about is quite the thing. I would call that forum moderation overkill at its worst. But that's avsim, and why that video exists.

I was bummed becuase I had been posting there for a good while, so Cody sent me that video after I told him they banned me. It made me feel better. lol

crashaz
February 27th, 2009, 22:29
You were in Seattle for that, NC? Did we meet? I hung out with Crashaz a good bit myself.

I am pretty sure you guys met... probably no further than 5 feet from each other. Smilo and Jagdflieger were there as well! Going to have to check my pics. lol

I am always trying to catch up with everyone I have met. Always great fun to shoot the bull and talk shop with fellow groundpounders.

Funniest stories were in Denver. Not sure that Jim Rhoads would agree. Hehehe

That week in Seattle was the best though! Met a ton of designers... many more Aces people. Hope a lot of us can make it to Dayton!:woot:

limjack
February 28th, 2009, 16:36

\

That made me smile and laugh a bit

Jim

jmig
March 1st, 2009, 05:37
I am thinking of maybe attending this year. Looks like it would be interesting.