PDA

View Full Version : I miss Meigs Field

datter
February 22nd, 2009, 12:48
After almost a month of on and off (and very successful) tweaking of FSX I've finally been spending more time flying and less time screwing with it. One thing has been missing though, and that's Meigs Field. I've been using San Francisco (KSFO) as my main testing area but it just occured to me that I could no doubt find a replacement Meigs addon and get back to a classic airfield I have some sim history with.

I found this one (http://www.simviation.com/fsxscenery7.htm) on Simviation (down near the bottom). I haven't tried it yet, but am shopping around and curious if anyone has seen any other alternatives to getting Meigs back.

Thanks,
datter

PS- I haven't tried avsim's file library yet because as is par for the course with that damned site lately, it's currently down.

EDIT: You know, it just occurred to me that I've not even tried visiting Meigs field since getting FSX all geared up, just assuming it was accurately non-available as in real life these days. I'll feel rather silly if someone tells me it's in place and operating as in the old days. ;)

Kiwikat
February 22nd, 2009, 13:01
I miss it too. I wonder if I could make it with ADE... :kiss:

If you would like me to, I think I'd spend the time to do a project like that. Anyone else interested?

Dangerous Beans
February 22nd, 2009, 13:15
Go for it Kiwikat, I'd be interested.

Funily enough I did a curcuit of Miegs yesterday. I reinstalled FS2002 temperarily just to see how it ran as I'm giving it to a freind tommorow thats shown interest in trying flight simming out, I'm also giving him the original IL2 for a bit of shooting action.