PDA

View Full Version : The Top Gun : Maverick Trailer Is Here

Flyboy208
July 18th, 2019, 18:33
Looks cool to me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSqVVswa420 Mike :wavey:

stansdds
July 19th, 2019, 03:56
~yawn~ Another remake, another reboot. I'll wait for it to be on tv.

johnwillimas2
July 19th, 2019, 04:03
~yawn~ Another remake, another reboot. I'll wait for it to be on tv.

Thought you were talking about Flight Sim 2019 for a moment there.... :playful:

Blackbird686
July 19th, 2019, 04:57
More of the same... different planes. Not real sure it'll be a blockbuster. In most cases, sequels are always a flop.:gameoff:

BB686:US-flag:

nagpaw
July 19th, 2019, 05:17
Let me fix the dialog...

"...Despite your best efforts, you refuse to die. You should be at least a senior F.O. at United or Southwest by now, yet here you are..." :biggrin-new:

b52bob
July 19th, 2019, 06:03
I am not a big Tom Cruise fan. I hope he dies in this one.

i only watch it for the great aerial sequences.

Priller
July 19th, 2019, 07:49

Couldn't agree with you more. ;)

joe bob
July 19th, 2019, 08:51
The real fear I have is what awful music will be in the movie and hence will be blasted at airshows without letup.
I dread more Kenny Loggins then I think of what else they might go with to bring in the young demographic and cringe even more.

gman5250
July 19th, 2019, 08:55
Kind of a Jack Reacher in a flight suit kind of a thing.

Priller
July 19th, 2019, 09:06
Kind of a Jack Reacher in a flight suit kind of a thing.

Where's the like button??? :)

wombat666
July 19th, 2019, 09:22
Tom-Bloody-Cruise is no Jack Reacher..............he's way too small for starters. :173go1:

Josh Patterson
July 19th, 2019, 11:07
Tom-Bloody-Cruise is no Jack Reacher..............he's way too small for starters. :173go1: There is a split second shot of a Mustang. I wonder if the studio let him fly his in the movie? (Harrison Ford had a few battles to get to fly the Beaver in Six Days Seven Nights.)

stansdds
July 20th, 2019, 06:12
Let me fix the dialog...

"...Despite your best efforts, you refuse to die. You should be at least a senior F.O. at United or Southwest by now, yet here you are..." :biggrin-new:

Given Tom Cruise's age, that is where a real USN pilot would likely be.

i only watch it for the great aerial sequences.

Wonder how much CGI will be used in this film? Back in the days of the original film, it was a lot of flying with real F-5's and F-14's.

The real fear I have is what awful music will be in the movie and hence will be blasted at airshows without letup.
I dread more Kenny Loggins then I think of what else they might go with to bring in the young demographic and cringe even more.

Oh, dear! I hate that blaring, over driven, grossly overused music at air shows. I want to see, hear, and even smell the airplanes. If I want a Kenny Loggins 1980's fest, I'll wear headphones and listen to music.

There is a split second shot of a Mustang. I wonder if the studio let him fly his in the movie? (Harrison Ford had a few battles to get to fly the Beaver in Six Days Seven Nights.)

Given Tom Cruise's clout in Hollyweird, it's a good possibility.

Butcherbird17
July 20th, 2019, 06:27
https://youtu.be/XM2wOZ4f5Ts

Joe

Bomber_12th
July 20th, 2019, 06:59
Yes, Tom Cruise flew his own P-51K for some scenes in the movie, as did Steve Hinton Jr. The cockpit shots of Cruise and the other actors were filmed with them in the rear position in two-seat F-18's, going through real maneuvers, and with the actors of course trained and rehearsed with the proper appearance as though they are really in control of the aircraft as single-cockpit F-18's.

wombat666
July 20th, 2019, 07:03
OT but it occurred to me that both the Jack Reacher films (featuring Tom Bloody Cruise) should be remade with David Boreanaz as Jack Reacher.
Just a sideways thought!
:pirate:

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/354x788q90/r/922/4SV6L4.jpg

dvj
July 29th, 2019, 10:54
OT but it occurred to me that both the Jack Reacher films (featuring Tom Bloody Cruise) should be remade with David Boreanaz as Jack Reacher.
Just a sideways thought!
:pirate:

Who? Boreanaz? Easily, Elijah Wood! LOL