PDA

View Full Version : Scuttlebutt Scrn...

Makehaven
February 22nd, 2009, 11:40
I give up. 3 days of trial & effort but task beyond me. All attempts to replace cartoon image of cfs2's stock dlg_scuttlebutt_amer.bmp with a gray-scale photo to no avail (& doubt color would make any difference). But surely someone among the experts out there must have cracked this 'Secret Code' by now... which not only baffles but downright irritates me. Any advice?

Succeeded in converting nearly all screens & text of import in cfs2 to a '2nd Marine Air Wing' theme (inluding Saltier, more apt Leatherneck 'Scuttlebutt' jargon), but not its darned image. Any guidance here would be most appreciated.

Tango_Romeo
February 22nd, 2009, 13:39
There is a JPG by this name, as well as the BMP. Replace both of them with your new pic (one JPG and one BMP), and make sure that the dimensions of each matches the dimensions (in pixels) of the originals. :wave:

Makehaven
February 22nd, 2009, 16:53
There is a JPG by this name, as well as the BMP. Replace both of them with your new pic (one JPG and one BMP), and make sure that the dimensions of each matches the dimensions (in pixels) of the originals. :wave:

:applause:Say, thanks a lot; I'll try it out tomorrow. Never gave any thought to the jpeg. And I assume you're reffering to the desired image alone (including the Banner Overlay attached), but without either the white 'scrap of paper' or pink backgrounds.

Dirtman
February 22nd, 2009, 17:07
Don't forget to save the new BMP in 555 format or you'll get that ugly "colour-shift". Use the MS Image Tool to do this. If you don't have it; PM me your email addy & I'll "zip it & ship it" to ya.

Makehaven
February 22nd, 2009, 17:38
Don't forget to save the new BMP in 555 format or you'll get that ugly "colour-shift". Use the MS Image Tool to do this. If you don't have it; PM me your email addy & I'll "zip it & ship it" to ya.

Natch, thanks for the head's up though. I've been using "Convim"; small, simple & pretty comprehensive little program. Till I found that (upon advice from Ajax)... I had nothing but ugly colour-wags. Appreciate the offer.

Dirtman
February 23rd, 2009, 06:17
Natch, thanks for the head's up though. I've been using "Convim"; small, simple & pretty comprehensive little program. Till I found that (upon advice from Ajax)... I had nothing but ugly colour-wags. Appreciate the offer.

Good show! It was AJAX - "GAWD of UIRES" that straightened me out too!
(when I wuz just rookie)

Yo AJAX: ... 77184

Makehaven
February 23rd, 2009, 08:25
:jump:Darned if it didn't work! You were absolutely right- had to revise both screens. Had to go Sepia to avoid black dots on grey-scale photo, and white 'Scrap of Paper' still shows as background border... but all else just fine, thanks to you... and Ajax. Hot Dog!