PDA

View Full Version : New HOTAS system available

Mach3DS
July 17th, 2019, 12:21
https://winwing.cn/en/JOYSTICK

https://winwing.cn/image/product/FA-18%20HOTAS%20JOYSTICK%20THROTTLE%2009.jpg

scotth6
July 17th, 2019, 17:19
Looks good, but at $800 USD for something that's unproven I will pass. Still love my HOTAS Warthog anyway.

Phantom88
July 18th, 2019, 02:16
Looks good, but at $800 USD for something that's unproven I will pass. Still love my HOTAS Warthog anyway.

I have to agree,also I love The Warthog interchangeability between Thrustmaster and Virpil Grips for The Hornet,TomCat and WWII Warbirds.

Mach3DS
July 18th, 2019, 06:55
Did you guys watch the video at all? If it holds up in actual manufacturing to the video, then this HOTAS is by far better than anything out there...time will tell.

Naismith
July 18th, 2019, 09:42
Looks high quality on initial viewing. It is worth going to the YT channel where there are more videos. I am not in the market for such an indulgence at the moment as I am perfectly happy with my VKB Russian stick (no collusion :biggrin-new:) and Saitek Throttle Quad Combo.

Waiting for independent testers opinion at this early stage is a must I feel especially as this is a new company. Is there space for a new vendor in a small marketplace? Can they survive? We have Honeycomb waiting in the wings with their proposed offering https://flyhoneycomb.com/alpha-flight-control/ . A Yoke, yes, but how much can simmers afford. I really fancy their Throttle system - If that ever appears.

My only concern initially is the clamping system to the desk. It looks a bit frail and unstable to my eye. But what do I know?

Naismith
July 18th, 2019, 09:44
Rick thanks for bringing it to our attention I should have said. :wavey:

Stinger
July 18th, 2019, 12:02
We have several members in our group who have gone out and bought the most expensive controllers( Virpil stick and throttles) $6000 VR system and buttkicker for their chair, As a combat pilot, first thing you learn it's the TRAINING.... not all that fancy toys that make you a good pilot.. it's because you put time in the seat, and learn the tactics, hell i don't even have Track IR and i'm still feared when i take the sky as an Aggressor.Last thing you want to see is me on your 6

Mach3DS
July 18th, 2019, 12:08
We have several members in our group who have gone out and bought the most expensive controllers( Virpil stick and throttles) $6000 VR system and buttkicker for their chair, As a combat pilot, first thing you learn it's the TRAINING.... not all that fancy toys that make you a good pilot.. it's because you put time in the seat, and learn the tactics, hell i don't even have Track IR and i'm still feared when i take the sky as an Aggressor.Last thing you want to see is me on your 6

No TrickIR? You must not fly formation much then? How do you maintain 39 while in LAB or find lead when you're rolling out of a hook or fighting wing or converting from WID? Sounds pretty difficult. First axiom of BFM: Lose sight lose the fight.

scotth6
July 19th, 2019, 06:28
Rick thanks for bringing it to our attention I should have said. :wavey:

Indeed, I should have said the same.

This was the first time I had heard anything about this new HOTAS system. Although I am not currently interested in purchasing it, it does look like an excellent system, and it is always good to have some choice and competition for the existing market.

Stinger
July 19th, 2019, 14:34
20 years of flight simming has taught me how to do it with out it.... and having a really fast hat switch to look around and i'
ll switch to outside view if i lose track... track IR hasn't been around all that long. What did you do before it?

Mach3DS
July 19th, 2019, 20:11
Ah yes. I do recall doing that years ago. I was just curious. how do you fair on servers that don't allow outside view? My squad (65th AGRS) have a guy who also does not have Track IR or VR. We didn't realize this until we were doing Tac Turns. He was unable to follow. It's been such a hindrance to us as a group that we've created a min equipment list of which either TIR or VR is a requirement to fly with us. He has been grand fathered in, but the IFF syllabus is surprisingly difficult for him to meet standards on without the ability to just look around. So I was curious if you fly online or with others in formation?

Stinger
July 20th, 2019, 14:08
My group has 5 servers we can put up( depending on who's got one running, and have a training server up 24/7 and we build our own missions using all 3 maps.
So i don't feel we need to go to other multiplayer servers. We have many new members who came to us because their new to DCS and we are not going to deny them access or training because their new. I'm sure your Nellis Aggressor Sq. is bad ass( since you claim that name). We originally flew for many years as the USNVA with several Super Bug pilots and only since started flying DCS since November. We may be new to this, but have many experienced R/L fighter pilots.And yes we do fly formation and can tank with out any issues too. Most newbies we teach to fly formation 1st then tank ..we mix in Carrier Ops and then weapons training. Don't beat me up just because you don't think we don't measure up to your standards. Most of us can hold our own with anyone

Mach3DS
July 20th, 2019, 14:37
Ha! We probably think we're hot stuff....our group make up sounds like yours. Lots of ex USAF guys and a couple active. That's great man. Welcome to DCS! It's a great experience. Having joined about 3 years ago I was shocked at how.much better an experience it was than coming from P3D. Your group sounds great. I was just curious. We should do a casual night sometime just fun flight.

Stinger
July 31st, 2019, 06:08
In regards to controllers... For more the 8 yrs( i think that's how long i had it) I used the Saitek X-65F Hotas for FSX/P3D, When DCS 1st came out i tried using it and it was a absolute disaster trying to fly with it. I had bought the P-51 and A-10C and everytime it would immediately be out of control and the planes were unflyable. I deleted it off on computer was never thought about it again because i was too involved in running my large VA with over 50 members in FSX( no P3D then). Then this pass November a lot of my team wanted to switch to DCS and it looked like i was the odd man out because my controller would not cooperate. I redownloaded DCS and had the same results as before . With several of my guys helping me and researching the problem with my controller it all boiled down to the X-65F with it's "force Sensing technology" was the issue. It was the Stick and not the throttle base that was the issue. So I picked up a cheap logitech 3d pro extreme for $20 and it solved the control issues, expect it was loose and goosey( i know what do u expect for $20). When one of my guys bought the new russian Virpil system he sold me the Warthog stick and now all it great in the world(of DCS).
Question is...has anyone else heard of the control issues with the X-65? I mean I loved it in FSX/P3D and never had any kind of issue with it

PauGraves
August 16th, 2019, 06:23
"We plan to ship the first batch of pre-order units in early September. We will ship the products one by one according to the order number." - does it mean what I can get it only in September of this year?

Mach3DS
August 16th, 2019, 07:22
In regards to controllers... For more the 8 yrs( i think that's how long i had it) I used the Saitek X-65F Hotas for FSX/P3D, When DCS 1st came out i tried using it and it was a absolute disaster trying to fly with it. I had bought the P-51 and A-10C and everytime it would immediately be out of control and the planes were unflyable. I deleted it off on computer was never thought about it again because i was too involved in running my large VA with over 50 members in FSX( no P3D then). Then this pass November a lot of my team wanted to switch to DCS and it looked like i was the odd man out because my controller would not cooperate. I redownloaded DCS and had the same results as before . With several of my guys helping me and researching the problem with my controller it all boiled down to the X-65F with it's "force Sensing technology" was the issue. It was the Stick and not the throttle base that was the issue. So I picked up a cheap logitech 3d pro extreme for $20 and it solved the control issues, expect it was loose and goosey( i know what do u expect for $20). When one of my guys bought the new russian Virpil system he sold me the Warthog stick and now all it great in the world(of DCS).
Question is...has anyone else heard of the control issues with the X-65? I mean I loved it in FSX/P3D and never had any kind of issue with it

You likely needed to setup with the control curves and XY independently. I can't imagine why the X65F would be the odd man out. It's just an input device. The Thrustmaster F-16 FSSB is a similar 3rd party upgrade that you can purchase that turns your TM Warthog or F-16 FCS into a Force sensing control stick with zero movement. So, I'm not sure that your X65F is actually not working. It probably requires some manual tuning?