PDA

View Full Version : Itīs time to say Good Bye...

grunau_baby
February 22nd, 2009, 08:17
...after years of fun and a great time it is finally time to burn down the bridges, leave it all behind and move on!!! It has to be done, though it hurts...

...:rolleyes:

Regards
Alex

Warrant
February 22nd, 2009, 08:20
...after years of fun and a great time it is finally time to burn down the bridges, leave it all behind and move on!!! It has to be done, though it hurts...

...:rolleyes:

Regards
Alex

???

What is this over sudden?
(must have missed something)

Warrant
February 22nd, 2009, 08:21
Don't like the number 301 in my number of posts (squadron thingy), so.....

Wassup?

Boomer
February 22nd, 2009, 08:26
::scratches head::

These sort of posts always puzzle me.

datter
February 22nd, 2009, 08:26
All I can think to say is congratulations on the new girlfriend/wife.

limjack
February 22nd, 2009, 08:28
All I can think to say is congratulations on the new girlfriend/wife.

that will do it every time

N2056
February 22nd, 2009, 08:29
X-Plane?
We've been behaving pretty good lately, so this is indeed a mystery :ques:

Bjoern
February 22nd, 2009, 08:34
Whatever makes you happy, Alex.

Viel Spass in der echten Welt. Aber Vorsicht: Die fotorealistische Grafik überdeckt das besch-...eidene Spielkonzept ziemlich gut. ;) :d

(Have fun in the real world. But beware: The photoreal graphics white out the crappy gameplay fairly well. ;) :d)

MCDesigns
February 22nd, 2009, 08:37
that will do it every time

That is one thing I learned from my ex wife, DON'T give up the things you enjoy. If your other half doesn't approve/understand, they need to learn to deal with it, and vice versa. Compromise is the key in any relationship.

Alex, the door is always open, we'll leave the light on bro! :ernae:

stiz
February 22nd, 2009, 08:38
changed the car? :p

Warrant
February 22nd, 2009, 08:48
That is one thing I learned from my ex wife, DON'T give up the things you enjoy. If your other half doesn't approve/understand, they need to learn to deal with it, and vice versa. Compromise is the key in any relationship.

Alex, the door is always open, we'll leave the light on bro! :ernae:

If that's what's going on.....

Back here i had an argument about that, but the answer was quite simple. She dominates the TV with all kind of female TV series, so i do FS in the meanwhile. She complains even more about me spending all that time behind the puter, but no change in girlything tv watching hours....
(Gonna give here a 1000 hours of Ugly Betty, Gilmore Girls, Desperate Housewifes badge soon....:kilroy:)

I'm not gonna cross over to watch that girly tv trash just to spend time together (there are other things to do just that), so back to FS.

grunau_baby
February 22nd, 2009, 08:53
mmmmhhhh! All I wanted to say was I finally completely uninstalled FS9:caked:

On the other hand it sure was a great paranoia check for this site:costumes:

Regards
Alex

Warrant
February 22nd, 2009, 08:56

Regards
Alex

Why you......Grunau baby you..........

Thought..................never mind!

This is really funny :costumes::costumes::costumes:

N2056
February 22nd, 2009, 08:58
I like to think the replies are a sign that this is more than just a forum sometimes...and part of what makes it my homepage :wiggle:

MCDesigns
February 22nd, 2009, 09:04

Regards
Alex

LOL

Whew, guess I need to call the authorities back, false alarm

grunau_baby
February 22nd, 2009, 09:10
Sorry for the uproar, you wonīt get rid off me that easy:engel016:

Alex

I like to think the replies are a sign that this is more than just a forum sometimes...and part of what makes it my homepageYep!

Warrant
February 22nd, 2009, 09:11
I like to think the replies are a sign that this is more than just a forum sometimes...and part of what makes it my homepage :wiggle:

That's right, bro!:amen:

spotlope
February 22nd, 2009, 09:16
whew! Alex, if you do decide to check out at some point, do us a favor and leave a basket of your avatars by the door. Whenever Panther shows up again, we'll force him to use them. :wiggle:

Milton Shupe
February 22nd, 2009, 09:16
Sorry for the uproar, you wonīt get rid off me that easy:engel016:

Alex

Yep!

Good ... I would miss your avatars. :wiggle:

mike_cyul
February 22nd, 2009, 09:27

Ditto that.

Mike

harleyman
February 22nd, 2009, 09:28

Regards
Alex

My God Man.... I was really trying to understant this when I happened upon this post...:faint:

Ya had us all worried there....:sheep: <------ cause I can't twiddle my thumbs here...

So ya pulled FS9..... Mine is off too..FSX is so great on this maching it may be a while till I get FS9 back on....:applause:

limjack
February 22nd, 2009, 09:36
And the the forum found closure..closure is good.

LOL

Jim

Cees Donker
February 22nd, 2009, 09:48

Regards
Alex

Uninstall FS9?? Why would you do that??:faint:

:amen:

Cees

empeck
February 22nd, 2009, 09:55
Alex, you are evil :173go1:

Kiwikat
February 22nd, 2009, 10:13

Congrats... and welcome to the dark side :wavey:

crashaz
February 22nd, 2009, 11:08
ROFL! Man! Had us going there.

Don't look at it as goodbye... look at it as welcome. :wavey:

lifejogger
February 22nd, 2009, 11:17

Regards
Alex

Uninstall FS9????? Never I have to much invested in FS9 it and FSX will be equal!!! Well maybe not after Tongass Fjord for FSX comes out.:jump:

MudMarine
February 22nd, 2009, 12:30
Don't worry you'll be back to FS9, I'd put money on it!! Because FSX sucks! hehe

Reddog
February 22nd, 2009, 13:09
don't worry you'll be back to fs9, i'd put money on it!! Because fsx sucks! Hehe

wrong

Lionheart
February 22nd, 2009, 13:25
Man Alex,

Glad you are not going.. Sorry to hear about FS9. But.. If you are flying in FSX all the time, I guess there is no use for it anyways....

It has its very good points, like that Goose, high resolution terrain (great for photo scenery), and ground traffic.

<----- clings to my FS9... :d

Don't worry you'll be back to FS9, I'd put money on it!! Because FSX sucks! hehe

MudMarine

lolol...

I'll put ten that he is back in FS9 in about 5 months. ;)

Buddha13
February 22nd, 2009, 13:35
Hi all,
Why take it off.I have CFS1,CFS2 with 7 installs,FS9 and FSX installed.Like the fact that with my new machine I get 60 plus fps over Tokyo with all sliders maxed out in FS9.Only get 25-30 with FSX maxed out in FSX.

Buddha13

grunau_baby
February 22nd, 2009, 23:30
Uninstall FS9?? Why would you do that??Iīve been through all the pros and cons recently, and
1. yes I will miss many things and
2. yes Iīve invested a lot,
BUT - and that was most important to me - I never really used it any more since I dug real deep into FSX. Flying in fs9 never felt like it felt before. Part of the charm was simply gone and I didnīt like that feeling. Moreover the narrow range of spare time is not enough to concentrate on both sims. Now Iīve got plenty of new disk space! And maybe I will return (did that before;-), but...

As to the thread, well my smileys should have given you all a clue, the first reactions really showed that we all need to cool down a bit still! Too much trouble recently, so just relax, enjoy my avatars to come (plenty in the basket) and have fun flying! Love this place, your nervous-wreck-reactions on my vague post are making me :redface:. Iīve got enough careless folks to deal with in my daily routine, so itīs great to find otherwise here:applause:

Regards
Alex

grunau_baby
February 23rd, 2009, 00:24
Did I say enjoy flying!:banghead: It seems like uninstalling FS9 screwed up my FSX install. Thatīs what I really love about MS. Imagine you own two cars, a new one and a n old one, same brand. You take the old one to the junkyard to get rid off it. When you return home you find taking the old car away left your new one without engine, or without doors, or... Thatīs MS! For those hours of restoring I spent in my life Iīd like to sue the company or maybe I could just...:friday:

Alex

thunder100
February 23rd, 2009, 02:15
. When you return home you find taking the old car away left your new one without engine, or without doors, or... Thatīs MS! For those hours of restoring I spent in my life Iīd like to sue the company or maybe I could just...:friday:Alex

I have same experience
Since FSX little FS9 flying-->Computer crash-->rapaired computer still resists to allow me to reinstall FS9 again.So I had to do most Starliner development and testing on FSX(Not a deal Flight dynamic is exactely same just weather in FSX is more agressive)

MS designs in a way that we always need MS

Godspeed

thunder100

Francois
February 23rd, 2009, 02:27
Welcome to the best flight simulator published yet........:ernae:

grunau_baby
February 23rd, 2009, 02:34
Got it solved, did a simple repair on FSX and Accerleration and only had to reinstall my replacement textures and allīs great again! Fortunately I did not have to reinstall the whole sim again with the tons of addons I have allready.

Now thereīs only a defrag left to do. And then off flying again!!!:jump:

Alex

Bjoern
February 23rd, 2009, 07:35
I'll put ten that he is back in FS9 in about 5 months. ;)

Fifty that he won't touch his FS9 disks ever again. :d

Once FS9 was gone from my harddisk, I didn't even think about reinstalling it.

grunau_baby
February 23rd, 2009, 07:59
For today I had some nice scenic flights in FSX with my usual grin on my face:naturesm:And I am seriously planning on more addons and upcomming payware in the near future. Wonīt miss FS9 too much I guess!

Alex

Lionheart
February 23rd, 2009, 08:39
I remember when I didnt have FS2000 installed anymore... and then FS2002 Pro.. I remember when I was having to tell people how I was no longer designing planes for FS2002. Man, that got some bad emails....

Times are changing.

I still love my FS9 though... and XP! :d (I also thought the terrain mapping in FS2002 was brilliant, at least for Arizona).