PDA

View Full Version : Aerosoft Phantom - any good for FSX?

Fortiesboy
February 22nd, 2009, 05:42
Hello

I see a Phantom for FSX/FS9 for sale by First Class simulations, manufacturer Aerosoft.
I had the impression that there wasn't a FSX Phantom out yet- has anyone used this product? Found here

http://flightsimx.flightstore.co.uk/prod/CONF4F/Brands/aerosoft/

Can it land on carriers etc?

TIA

Blackbird686
February 22nd, 2009, 05:50
Hmmm... I didn't even know that Aerosoft had an F-4... looks impressive.

Wonder if there are seperate downloads for the FSX and FS9 :kilroy:

BB686:USA-flag:

SkippyBing
February 22nd, 2009, 06:06
I'm sure that's not by Aerosoft, it says in the blurb AFS Design. I'm fairly sure I've heard poor things about this model, there being a free demo download somewhere. Suffice to say as the RAF never operated the F-4F I can't see the developer having done much research if they've included a paint scheme for them.

JensOle
February 22nd, 2009, 07:27
The model and VC looks rather poor and to me the phantom shape is just wrong on that model.

And to paint up a Luftwaffe gun F-4F as a RR Spey powered gunless RAF Phantom shows how little research the designer has done for this release. It might have worked for a freeware model, but you really expect more attention to detail for a payware model.

VFR Reviews
February 22nd, 2009, 08:25
It's not by Aerosoft, there must be a mistake.

pernik
February 22nd, 2009, 10:33
Looks very much like the F-4 from Andreas Meyer (AFS Design) I would strongly recomments that you pick up the demo ( available at avsim) before purchasing.

VFR Reviews
February 22nd, 2009, 18:28
Good comment, Pernik :)

I can only judge off of what the previews look like, and I suppose the demo is a very good thing to check out first.

johnc9
February 23rd, 2009, 10:37
Save your money. Cockpit engine gauges for single engine prop and ASI has an upper limit of 450 knots....

I made the mistake of buying this and I'm still waiting for the 'support' team get back to me about it. Also noticed the same engine gauges in their Tornado sim. Check out sites with images to inspect. Check out the link below.

http://www.fspilotshop.com/product_info.php?cPath=2_70_71&products_id=1799

mfitch
February 23rd, 2009, 12:39
I also have the AFS Phantom. It is (as admitted by Andreas Meyer in his forums) a FS9 model (not even converted). This causes many gauges to not function as well as a few effects (landing light, vortices).

I did construct custom gauges to replace most of the incorrect ones. The design for mine are based on images of actual F-4 (various model) gauges from a good internet site. The site maintainer also sent me scans from a Phantom manual for one gauge.

If anyone already has this Phantom and would like the improved gauges, say something and I will post them.