PDA

View Full Version : DCA kneeboard stays as default. Nasty M$ as usual.

lemonadedrinker
June 21st, 2019, 08:50
Hi, Mark Beaumont of DC3 Airways created this alternative kneeboard which I have used over the years to try to navigate from one place to another, without a lot of success I must say. My fault, not Mark's! I really liked the idea of inserting images, generally from the Airline Images site (fantastic resource, by the way) of the route maps from all manner of airlines to assist me across the sky. Windows 10 stops all that dead. It is a hateful program with it's OneDrive and other 'helpful' rubbish; it even gets rid of a flight plan if you save a flight and cancels various modules you might have running each time you exit. And now they have the gall to announce a new flight sim program.
Rant over for today.
Andy.

michaelvader
June 22nd, 2019, 02:19
Hallo,
there are moments where I must say that I could not afford to buy a modern pc and that I live with an old pc running Win XP and good old FS2004 is not as sad.
some times less is more
Yours
Papi

Mick
June 22nd, 2019, 05:05
Hallo,
there are moments where I must say that I could not afford to buy a modern pc and that I live with an old pc running Win XP and good old FS2004 is not as sad.
some times less is more
Yours
Papi

Papi, you got that right! I envy you your XP rig!

When my XP confutor crashed terminally it was already too late to buy a new XP rig or a clean copy of XP to install on a new system. I had my current rig custom built but was forced to "upgrade" to Win7pro. I liked XP a lot better!

When this system started to degrade I had it rebuilt, and I recently had it upgraded with new solid state drives. That was less expensive than a new confutor, which would have had to run Win10, but I didn't do it to save money; I did it to save Win7pro and avoid switching to Win8 and then Win10.

I'd rather have XP but sadly, that's not possible anymore.

lemonadedrinker
June 23rd, 2019, 00:27
Hi all,
Please don't think I wanted Windows 10! Our last one (W8.1) just died and forced the change on us. There must be other here who have similar problems with the program. FS9 will save a flight OK, but not the gps plot on it, so the flight plan needs to be re-created each time. 2 useful modules are subly altered or gone from the modules folder.....FlyBy needs to be reset each flight and the other was a very good flight capture program which disappeared.
A wierd one is that the stars are different in the 2D cockpit and the VC.:dizzy:

Andy.