PDA

View Full Version : MSFS Intel?

Bone
February 22nd, 2009, 01:31
Maybe you guys have seen this already, but I just ran accross it.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=10582

Just a note from youre inside man in the microsoft tech arena, although MS has dropped ACE fromits capacity as the workshop for the fsx programs,it will continue with the ms fsx fsxa franchise, and the top of the hour inside news as i reported a few months ago and now ive confirmed it personally, Microsoft is working on the finishing touches to their NEWEST GAME PLATFORM on the INTERNET MULTIPLAYER. They will be dropping the GAMESPY SERVERS AND GAMESPY ALL, THE REASONS ARE AS FOLLOWs , The amount of user complaints, The amount of crashes,and server failures, the repeated user name repeat, and the servers identifying incorrect data and prohibiting some communications within the computer communications internet programs, and the fact that Microsoft wants to keep its well used environment more user friendly and secure.So theres the scoop,and im sure you can guess what my next question was,..." so when am i going to be able to use all of this firepower and fx and when will be able to have real combat and real world simulations all within the real time sim world of flight, and what about some possible auto updates for the fsx scenery like where there are still craters in the middle of populated areas and a dam with a hidden runway at the base of a 1000 foot waterfall,(rough for landing,very wet for takeoff)and you know basic demographical updates like the 100000 acres in one county in new jersey is now a multitude of condos,three race tracks and 12 new malls built in the last 5 years.,theres so many place for the fsx program to go and the sky is not the limit and what makes all of this work is all of the flight sim pilots, the purveyors of the fine products and of course the creators and programers and the fine tuners and lets not forget this fine website SIM OUTHOUSE .:woot::woot::woot::amen:

stiz
February 22nd, 2009, 02:32
i'm not beliveing it till someone with more than one post, or who is publicly known to be within the insides of the MS game studios say so :kilroy:

jmig
February 22nd, 2009, 04:32
Nothing against you Bone. But, I will believe it when I see it.

Navy Chief
February 22nd, 2009, 05:13
Me? I am just happy to have what I have, flight simulator-wise. Even if nothing else is developed, this sim is awesome.

NC

N332DW
February 22nd, 2009, 05:31
archangel: - resisting urge to correct worlds longest comma spliced run on sentence with dangling participles .

Bjoern
February 22nd, 2009, 07:37
Geez, reading Archangel's post is a bigger PITA than reading any of Thomas Mann's novels...:kilroy:

Boomer
February 22nd, 2009, 07:44
::chuckle::

Your public education dollars at work.

N2056
February 22nd, 2009, 08:20
I'm sorry, but after reading that :isadizzy: I have a whole lot of doubt that he is 'inside' any tech arena, as I would think that to get there you would have to fill out some sort of paperwork...:kilroy:

n4gix
February 22nd, 2009, 09:08
While there is some intelligent "guesswork" about what might eventually be, the new team Paul Lange is forming could hardly be putting the "finishing touches" on anything. They haven't even decided WHAT the new product will be yet, much less what features it might have...

...this from someone with a well-known and established track record... :typing:

N2056
February 22nd, 2009, 09:11
And he writes good too! :d

spotlope
February 22nd, 2009, 09:18
Oy, my head hurts.:faint:

Nick C
February 22nd, 2009, 10:08
I'm happy to hear Paul is involved.

That initial post by the alleged "insider" made my eyes bleed.

Lionheart
February 22nd, 2009, 13:53
Crazy times we live in.....

I think that having constant updates would have been cool.... FS is like an OS in a way. Its a monster of a program and it cant be just done in one build. It has to evolve. For WinXP and Vista, if they just had the base package with maybe 2 udpates 'ever', that wouldnt have made it.. They would have been failures.. I think FSX should have had a small flow of updates going out...

But thats my own two cents worth...

I think it would have stimulated sales as well at add things to it now and then, like a airport! or plane!

I remember that huge update that FS9 had, all the new bridges.. That was cool.

But.. its all gone now.. arrghh..

If I won the lottery... But then, would MS even sell the code.. (no... )