PDA

View Full Version : AI Question

mal998
June 11th, 2019, 09:05
It seems I have lost all AI from the Washington DC area. KFLL, KMIA, KJFK, KLAX, are all working. Does anybody have any thoughts on what might have happened and how it can be fixed.

tgycgijoes
June 11th, 2019, 09:48
Is this the default simulator AI or AI flight plans you had in place?

mal998
June 11th, 2019, 11:01
These are mostly WOAI traffic files and some other traffic files that have all been checked for FSX. As an added precaution I ran them through the AI Flight Planner program to insure that none of them are FS9 files.

kl791
June 11th, 2019, 11:29
These are mostly WOAI traffic files and some other traffic files that have all been checked for FSX. As an added precaution I ran them through the AI Flight Planner program to insure that none of them are FS9 files.

When you converted to FSX format in AIFP did you check that there were not some FS9 files hidden e.g. in local scenery add-on folders?

mal998
June 12th, 2019, 03:51
Yes. I checked all the files in FSX to insure they were compliant. This is a head-scratcher. It's only this one area, DC and surrounding. I might just remove FSX and re-install it to see if that solves the problem. Thanks for the help anyway.

tgycgijoes
June 12th, 2019, 05:19
Be sure you don't lose any add-ons you want doing a re-install. Be sure that you have the add-ons saved. Then I would suggest after the clean install that you install the WOAI one at a time starting with Washington DC and then when a WOAI airline is installed and the probelm again appears you know the culprit. I am speaking from experience when creating scenery with Sketchup another sneaky program when paired with FSX(A).

mal998
June 13th, 2019, 10:11
So I've done a complete FSX reinstall. All game files were left intact but it fixed whatever was wrong and now all AI are showing up the way they're supposed to. Thanks.