PDA

View Full Version : SWS Midway Battle Group

gray eagle
May 30th, 2019, 12:27
Got the update to the SWS Midway Battle group today and when I close out P3D V3 I get a popup (see attached) that I have to click a few times to dismiss it all.
I am in Win 10 with P3D V3. Anyone else have this issue? I think it's when AI carrriers closes or Fuipc. Didn't have this issue before installing the update to Midway
Battle group. It installs a couple DLL's in the modules folder.

https://i.postimg.cc/qM0Mfr29/Capture.jpg

Also when I use the CTRL + D option it kills (exits) P3D -

https://i.postimg.cc/yYmNbdtq/Untitled.jpg

DaveWG
May 30th, 2019, 12:53
I get exactly the same issues with the p3dv4 version.
I've been in contact with their support but no fix yet.

gray eagle
May 30th, 2019, 13:04
I get exactly the same issues with the p3dv4 version.
I've been in contact with their support but no fix yet.

Glad to know I'm not the only one.

icycle
May 30th, 2019, 15:10
I'm actually relieved to hear its is not just me. I can get the FSX version's of the latest updates to install, but the P3dV4 versions - not so much. As the installers actually open P3D to execute the install, unfortunately it crashes the sim, and never completes.

Have also logged a ticket, and have yet to hear.

Thanks
Bill

DaveWG
May 30th, 2019, 22:11
The P3d installer hiccuped on mine too, but slightly differently. It didn't write to the add-ons.cfg properly, so the modules (both Midway and Phantom) wouldn't appear in the sim. Ended up adding the entries manually.

hschuit
May 30th, 2019, 22:23
Installation went without problems but I also need to click the little "Access.... denied" popup 3 times after I close P3Dv4.5 (I am on Windows 10 v1809). The cause seems to be the CarrierExtensions.dll module, if I disable it the popups do not happen:

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.5.12.30293, time stamp: 0x5cd47aad
Faulting module name: CarrierExtensions.dll, version: 3.2.1.1486, time stamp: 0x5ce88949
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000006d971
Faulting process id: 0x1438
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5149ebe48c5ef
Faulting application path: D:\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Users\hschu\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\SimWorks Studios\SWS_Carriers_Extended\Modules\CarrierExten sions.dll
Report Id: 84f1cde5-4124-4fc9-ad3a-cee570c13cad

SiR_RiPPER
May 31st, 2019, 04:04
Gents, we are looking into the installer as quite a few of you seem to have this permissions issue. We are working on it, but haven't been able to respond to everyone as I am handling all dev & customer comms myself.

Regarding the installed modules and CTRL+D:
CarrierExtensions and Ship placer are the tech that makes our carriers tick.

The previous Midway/F-4 had them in Gauges and an uninstaller that was provided with that version will remove them.
The new version moved them to modules for our own reasons. If old dlls exist that could cause various kinds of conflicts or problems. DO NOT remove the dlls from Modules.

As far as Deck Config goes: it is NOT supported by Modway/Coral sea and won't work. For these ships, the old panel-based system we had before still stands and is covered in the Midway manual.

The reason the option is present is ease of maintenance for us and support for future 32-bit carriers, be it ours or others'. The only suspicious thing about it is that it crashes for some. Still, Nimitz is the only add-o currently supporting it.

gray eagle
May 31st, 2019, 05:57
As far as Deck Config goes: it is NOT supported by Modway/Coral sea and won't work. For these ships, the old panel-based system we had before still stands and is covered in the Midway manual.

The reason the option is present is ease of maintenance for us and support for future 32-bit carriers, be it ours or others'. The only suspicious thing about it is that it crashes for some. Still, Nimitz is the only add-o currently supporting it.

So what you are saying is it is there for future use but don't use it - correct? Kinda like leaving a live wire exposed; touch it and and it will close your flight sim outright.

The SHIFT 4 will show the flight deck and options to populate the flight deck with various aircraft spot configurations is that what the current CTRL D should of done?

https://i.postimg.cc/ZYcdz2kD/Untitled.jpg

SiR_RiPPER
May 31st, 2019, 06:25
So what you are saying is it is there for future use but don't use it - correct? Kinda like leaving a live wire exposed; touch it and and it will close your flight sim outright.

The SHIFT 4 will show the flight deck and options to populate the flight deck with various aircraft spot configurations is that what the current CTRL D should of done?

Shift+4 has been doing this since 2017 and will continue to do so for F-4/Midway. I don't recall writing in the manual that CTRL+D does that, although it is logical that one might click it when they see it. On the contrary, Midway's manual speaks of the panel-based system. An explicit note to users would be of use, though.

CTRL+D wasn't supposed to crash you and hasn't done so before release. So I would appreciate a better balance of aggression vs criticism. Obviously, this wasn't done intentionally. Things are very different when taken from small scale testing to the open, as is the rule with every piece of software.

SiR_RiPPER
May 31st, 2019, 08:18
So I would appreciate a better balance of aggression vs criticism. Obviously, this wasn't done intentionally.

After talking with Butch over my quote above in private, I have to apologise if I came out aggressive =I was. Sometimes, it is very easy to take the combination of constructive criticism & frustration for aggression. Being under a lot of stress for the past couple of months leading up to the tri-lease definitely took its toll on my judgement and manners. So I apologise to Gray Eagle if he took offense to my behaviour.

Now, back to the cave and to try and fix this damn glitch!

gray eagle
May 31st, 2019, 12:12
After talking with Butch over my quote above in private, I have to apologise if I came out aggressive =I was. Sometimes, it is very easy to take the combination of constructive criticism & frustration for aggression. Being under a lot of stress for the past couple of months leading up to the tri-lease definitely took its toll on my judgement and manners. So I apologise to Gray Eagle if he took offense to my behaviour.

Now, back to the cave and to try and fix this damn glitch!

No worries Alex, it's all good. :encouragement: