PDA

View Full Version : Saved Flights not showing in FSX

stoney
May 12th, 2019, 15:06
I've reinstalled FSX, (sp1&2) after long absence, into my remote ,(MS 8.1) HD and it works just fine with the exception of the Saved Flights aspect. None show in the game. I put all add on flights into the default place in Local Disk(c)/Documents/Flight Simulator X Files, but to no avail. I've Googled the issue but none seem to be the answer. Is there a way to place the saved flights somewhere else? I've tried several alternate locations to see if that might work but no luck.

Why is there a Flights folder and a Missions folder? The add on missions I've installed work fine with no problems at all, just saved flights are not showing. Hope some one can point me to a solution, thanks.

Steve

MrZippy
May 12th, 2019, 15:15
Are you saying "saved" flights or actually "saved flight plans"?

stoney
May 12th, 2019, 16:32
Flight plans I guess. same as FS2004?

downwind
May 13th, 2019, 08:22
Hi Stoney:

Might be some confusing semantics here. Saved Flights is a categoring of in-game flights that basically save an airport and aircraft scenario that you want to be able to easily access. There are some done for you with the stock installation and you also can create your own. I do this with favorite combinations of airports and planes. For example, I keep one of the fantastic freeware Avro Tutors at the home airport of the Shuttleworth Collection, Old Warden, EGTZ.

Flight Planner is another menu tool that allows you to keep a record of point-to-point flights and choose between VFR or IFR rules. These are stored and accummulated continuously, which makes return to those flights just key strokes away. I have not found a way to reverse those flight destinations to make an easy round-trip flight plan. I believe you have to make the return a separate entry.

Others will undoubtedly be able to expand on this. I am a recent convert to FSX-SE after many years on FS9.

stoney
May 13th, 2019, 10:51
Thanks guys, I appreciate the information. I JUST converted over to FSX and some of it's idiosyncrasies confuse, so it's a long learning curve for me. But hey, I'll get there with some help from the great gents here.

Steve

MrZippy
May 13th, 2019, 11:03
Maybe a little more info with pictures! :encouragement:

This is how you get to "Saved Flights" You will notice that I don't do that too much. As of now, my only saved flight is my "Default flight" that I ONLY use to create my cold and dark scenario for all of the flights I do. I have also chosen an airport in my time zone so all clocks are correct for any flight I take (unless I change the time).

Pretty empty!

Pictured below are my saved flight plans that I like to do on occasion. Some are just tests of different airports so the flight starts and ends at the same airport.

Be sure to click on the pictures if they need to be enlarged!:wavey: All flight plans and saved flights are stored in MY Documents/Flight Simulator X files folder.

stoney
May 13th, 2019, 18:01
A big thank you MrZippy! That has really helped explain the process to this 72 year old simmer. Steve