or more to the point how do i delete older versions
without removing the other
ie
Ge force and N force
H

Buddha13
February 21st, 2009, 12:17
Hi Henry,
You got Home Premium or Ultimate.Ultimate is easier to play with.
You can remove one without the other with no problems.Both have their own unistallers.They can be found in Control Panel/Programs and Features.This replaces XP's Add/remove Programs.
If you have home Premium you would be best doing it in Safe Mode.Could never get the Geforce drivers to install properly in Home Premium unless done in Safe Mode.
In Ultimate it worked just like XP Pro.

Buddha13

Henry
February 21st, 2009, 12:39
Yup i have home premium
the video card i dont have a problem
but can i delete the mother board drivers
and then install new ones
H

Awesome
February 21st, 2009, 14:11
Henry, just go to Uninstall Programs, find Nvidia Drivers, click Install/Change, click Remove only the following, then select what you want to remove and let the program do the rest. Recommended to use Safe Mode. If you are a little more technically minded, it's a good idea to use Nasty File Remover to clean up after you've uninstalled the drivers and rebooted before installing the new ones. If you can't handle that it's fine, it isn't really that important in this day and age.

Awesome

Buddha13
February 22nd, 2009, 01:25
Hi Henry,
Just one word of caution.Make sure you have all the new drivers you want.If you are not using a USB modem for you internet you may not initially have internet connection till you install your new ethernet drivers.

Buddha13

Henry
February 22nd, 2009, 07:32
Hi Henry,
Just one word of caution.Make sure you have all the new drivers you want.If you are not using a USB modem for you internet you may not initially have internet connection till you install your new ethernet drivers.

Buddha13
thanks that was my concern
and i am using ethernet
H