PDA

View Full Version : DCC Lightning P-38j update...

Rami
April 29th, 2019, 04:45
Captain Kurt,

Regarding your P-38J update, I'm having an issue with the .dp file. Is there any particular reason why the rockets drop like bombs instead of fire off the rails? :dizzy:

Rami
April 29th, 2019, 05:20
Kurt,

Update: By switching the .dp rocket from the original MS version to the Dbolt version, the problem was corrected. :encouragement:

EDIT: The DCC P-38j update is outstanding. I made a couple of .dp edits for use in the 20th Fighter Group. Also, the improvements in the model and airfile are quite noticeable, especially the Lightning's roll rate. Many thanks for all of your efforts on this!

The B24 Guy
April 29th, 2019, 05:54
Hi Rami,

I recall that there is a problem with the stock US Army rocket. The Navy rocket works though.
Switching the Army rockets for the Navy ones should fix it.
I can't remember just what the fix was.

Regards,
B24Guy

Captain Kurt
April 29th, 2019, 09:03
Hi Rami

Glad you were able to find a simple fix, but I don't know what is wrong with the rockets in your set up. They work just fine in mine. :dizzy:

Thanks for the compliment on the P38s though most all of the credit goes to David Copley. Can't resist the op for a plug here, I think you will also want the new panel that I am about to release to go along with the model. It's specifically for the DCC P-38J and its VC.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=68788&stc=1

Rami
April 29th, 2019, 09:30
Kurt,

Are the new DCC Lightning conversions multi-lod?

And yes, I am interested in the new panel.

Captain Kurt
April 29th, 2019, 19:57
Yes, a wife and 3 kids, :biggrin-new: mortgage, 2 cars, etc.

It's the basically the same model with a few added visual upgrades - such as the radios in the cockpit - as Morton's P38J-20FG-55FS_Jeanne. It has 2 LODs. It's not a high polygon count model though, actually 4,000 fewer than the new Daedalus Messerschmitts. So that doesn't seem to make any frame rate difference even on my old XP rig.

Aww you edited out multi-kid typo to change it to multi-LOD. Now my joke does't work. Spoil sport.

Roxane-21
April 29th, 2019, 21:47
It's the basically the same model with a few added visual upgrades - such as the radios in the cockpit - as Morton's P38J-20FG-55FS_Jeanne.

Does it mean Morton's skins can be used with your converted model?

Captain Kurt
April 30th, 2019, 00:20
Yes they can, but use only the p38_t.bmp (which is the main aircraft skin) from Morton's package.

Some of bitmaps with the same names have texture details changes plus some additional bitmaps have been added. Sorting which is which could get confusing and it isn't necessary anyway. To use Morton's great camouflage paint schemes you only need to change out that one bitmap.:encouragement:

Rami
April 30th, 2019, 01:22
Kurt,

The California Cutie and Madge skins are outstanding, as well as the Pacific-themed one. :encouragement:

Captain Kurt
April 30th, 2019, 09:41
Thanks Rami, but again I really deserve very little credit. These are the original DCC skins for the FS2004 model. I reworked them to appear right in CFS2, yes. Because the model was intended to extensively use reflective textures feature that FS2004 has and we don't have, they would have appeared very dull and dark when converted. The real credit and praise goes to the original painters, David Copley who kindly even provided a paint kit for repainting, and to Dan Swart who did the original rivets and panel lines and the skins for California Cutie and YIPPIE.

I am in the process of continuing the CFS2 face lift, starting with the new photo-real P-38J cockpit releasing later today. And will be following on with new skins for the G, H,J and L models. As I am able to release those, you can praise me all you feel is appropriate :biggrin-new::biggrin-new::biggrin-new:

Rami
May 1st, 2019, 15:08
Kurt,

Looking forward to them! :applause: